The Northern California Regional Terrorism Threat Assessment Center (NC RTTAC) http://www.ncrttac.org/ , a local, state, and federal partnership with the San Francisco Division Office of the FBI and the Joint Terrorism Task Force, implemented the Roam Secure Alert Network (RSAN) to Northern California law enforcement officials. RSAN provides authorized users a single interface to initiate, receive and reply to, emergency alert updates via email and any text-enabled wireless devices such as pagers, cell phones, BlackBerrys, Treos, iPAQs, and Wizards.

Northern California first responder officials can now receive rapid, real-time notification of incidents and critical information and updates. The RSAN system is an important tool to provide information that enables recipients to take appropriate action in a timely manner. This multi-jurisdictional premier West Coast venture affords interoperable communication to Northern California counties, cities, State, and Federal law enforcement officials.

The system is another significant step forward in the joint information sharing initiative among NC RTTAC, the San Francisco Division Office of the FBI, the US Attorney’s Office in San Francisco, Governor’s Office of Emergency Services-Law Branch, and the California Office of Homeland Security; it includes the fifteen counties along the Northwestern California Coast, and multiple cities throughout the region. NC RTTAC is one of four centers in California; the others are located in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Sacramento, with a State Center also in Sacramento. Working together with the FBI the NC RTTAC collects, evaluates and analyzes incident reports of suspicious activities reported by the public to the law enforcement community and other first responders, in an effort to identify potential trends or patterns of terrorist operations within the Bay Area. The NC RTTAC also functions as a vehicle for two-way communication between the FBI, JTTF and the local first responder community within the region.

NC RTTAC values the RSAN system for its interoperability to contact and notify officials in various jurisdictions and state and federal agencies through one application regardless of the end-user devices or wireless carriers. As a program for sending routine informational and emergency alerts, authorized senders can notify various individuals and/or groups. The NC RTTAC alert system will complement existing law enforcement systems such as JRIES, LEO, and RISS.

The Northern California Regional Terrorism Threat Assessment Center (NC RTTAC) is a component of the FBI Field Intelligence Group (FIG), consisting of various local, state and federal law enforcement agencies which acts as a strategic intelligence node of the Bay Area Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF).

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!