AWRM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Survival & Preparedness
03/28/2024 01:00 AM
Honestly, whenever I'm driving or walking across a bridge, I very seldom think about the bridge collapsing, but I'm pretty sure I know what to do if it did. Whether that would be enough for me to survive is another question.

Onward and upward,
airforce
1 5 Read More
Survival & Preparedness
03/27/2024 10:38 PM
Preparedness Lessons from Baltimore

by JD March 26, 2024

The Francis Scott Key Bridge was struck by the MV Dali (Singapore-Flagged) at 0130 Eastern on 3/26/2024. Casualty numbers are not in yet, and it is certainly a tragedy. We can take away a few lessons from it right now.

Immediately after, almost everyone on the internet became an expert on ship handling, port operations, and bridge construction as conspiracy theories ran amok about what had happened and why. Everyone was quick to educate us on why it was ISIS, the Russians, the Chinese, and even the white supremacists or Jewish space lasers. It was wild. There is some Tactical Wisdom about being quick to jump to conclusions:

He who tells his story first makes people think he is right, until the other comes to test him.

Proverbs 18:17

That’s my first lesson here: It doesn’t matter one bit. That’s right, for you and me, the second and third order effects are more important than the immediate effects or why it happened. We simply have to deal with what happened and it’s impact on our self-sufficiency, regardless of what happened.

Lesson Two: Know how to swim. If you are involved in preparedness and you don’t know how to swim, YOU ARE WRONG. There are classes in every county in the US, get out and learn. You don’t have to be a world-class swimmer, but simply knowing how to tread water until rescued or to swim to shore can save your life. Learn from this. You are about 100 times more likely to fall into a body of water than to get into a firefight.

Next, have some type of seat belt cutter and window breaking device. There are links above (yes, they are affiliate links and I may make a penny or two from them). It’s a good idea if you know you’re going to crash into the water to roll down your windows, but you might not think of it. Having a window punch can help you escape a sinking car. Use the seatbelt cutter rather than wrestling with the release, seconds count. Leave everything behind, your life isn’t worth that nice handbag or your already-dead phone.

This brings us to the next lesson. In any type of mass casualty event in an urban area, the phone system is going to get overloaded and quickly. Have alternate messaging options with your family. Text messages may go through when calls won’t (data bursts use less bandwidth than voice transmissions).

Having a radio could allow you to stay in touch, but you could also monitor the response by listening to VHF Marine Radio. A police scanner can do that for you as well, so that you can stay abreast of what roads are closed and what hospitals may be full of urgent cases for your own planning. Monitoring radio traffic also helps you with controlling the wild theories that come out afterwards. Hearing what the authorities are saying to each other is very different from listening to their prepared statements to the public and it’s a VALUABLE difference.

It’s important that someone always knows your planned routes and planned travel times, even if it’s just a daily commute. The authorities don’t know exactly how many cars went in and they won’t know to look for you in the water unless someone told them you are missing or overdue. Always inform someone of your plans. If it’s a daily commute, someone should still know and they should have the presence of mind to try and check in on you. It would be a tragedy if they just assumed you made it across, and then no one knew to look for you on the bottom of the harbor. If you tried to reach a loved known to cross and didn’t get through, REPORT IT to rescue authorities – don’t just assume they know who to look for or that they will find everyone. They’d rather look and have them turn up safely at work later than to not look and never recover them.

The next lesson is more of a third order effect. Your Area Study should have identified alternate routes for you, but now you need to re-work all your plans. This bridge will be down for months, and maybe years. Identify other routes that you can use. Some might add hours, but you need them. Understand that the nearest bridges on either side are going to have their traffic at least double. You need to factor that into your future planning.

Consider then the long term effects. What comes into the Port of Baltimore (foreign cars and sugar)? Consider the implications to the supply chain. About 50 ships can’t get out, and the other east coast ports will now have to take the overflow, which will slow down logistics and supply chains all over the US. Plan for shortages and longer-than-normal stocking times.

We’d also be remiss to not consider the elephant in the room: What if this is the opening move in a series of infrastructure attacks? While that is highly unlikely, it’s not out of the question. Until proven otherwise, you should elevate your risk level and pay a little more attention until we get a definitive answer. With world tensions where they are, we have to be prudent.

The prudent see danger and hide;
but the simple go on, and suffer for it.

Proverbs 22:3

Learn from this incident and update your plans.
1 5 Read More
UPN: United Patriot Network
03/27/2024 10:33 PM

0 3 Read More
03/27/2024 02:24 PM
This crap only happens because the people allow it.
12 51 Read More
03/27/2024 12:12 AM
Oregon shutting down farms "to protect the people."

Small farmers are under attack in the state of Oregon, which has begun shutting down family farms throughout the state en masse under the guise of water conservation and groundwater protection.

Yanasa TV, a project of Yanasa Ama Ranch shared a roughly 20-minute video – you can watch it below – explaining what is going on in the Beaver State as bureaucrats erroneously dub small family farms as concentrated animal feeding operations, or CAFOs, in order to shut them down “for the environment.”

“The state of Oregon has effectively shut down small farms and market gardens on a large scale, and they’re actually sending out cease-and-desist letters to farms and they’re using satellite technology to find their victims and send them these letters that say you can’t operate,” the rancher in the video below explains
Small farms aren’t CAFOs

The rancher explains that there are two different laws that Oregon officials are using to conduct these shutdowns. One involves the state of Oregon’s broadly vague definition of a CAFO, which reads, in part, as follows:

“The State of Oregon defines CAFOs as the concentrated feeding or holding of animals or poultry, including but not limited to horse, cattle, sheep, or swine feeding areas, dairy confinement areas, and poultry and egg production facilities where the surface has been prepared with concrete, rock or fibrous material to support animals in wet weather.”

Based on this definition, a few-acre homestead with pasture and, say, two milking cows and some chickens qualifies as a CAFO if it has any area on the property where rock or gravel is used as a pathway to get to a small barn or coop.

“The way that they have redefined CAFOs is going to impact nearly everybody,” the rancher warns about Oregon’s “updated” CAFO definition, which impacts his property as well. “Even on our property, we don’t have animals that are necessarily contained in one area (they’re roaming on pastures).”

Back in January of this year, a lawsuit was filed on behalf of small family farms throughout Oregon, arguing that the definition of a CAFO is too broad and negatively impacts pretty much anyone who produces eggs from backyard chickens, no matter the size of their property.

The case was recently covered by National Review, explaining that Oregon’s government “joined forces” with the large-scale dairy industry to oppress and tyrannize Oregon’s small farmers.

“This law is being enforced in the state of Oregon,” the rancher warns, telling the same story as National Review about Godspeed Hollow Farm in Newburg, Ore., which has been reclassified as a CAFO simply because it has a gravel pathway from the milking machine to the pickup station just 100 feet in distance.

“[Oregon] has already shut down some farms. There is an injunction on some of the definition of the law until it can be heard in court. Currently small dairy farmers … a lot of what they’re requiring is simply too much for the small farmer.”

All Oregon groundwater, even on private property, considered public

Another thing Oregon farmers are having to deal with is the state’s rules on water. The only water that farmers are legally allowed to collect in Oregon is rainwater. Everything else, including water from rivers and streams, and even groundwater on private property, is considered a public resource.

Because of this rule, Oregon farmers are not even allowed to use water from their own private wells to irrigate their crops and hydrate their animals without a permit. Coupled with the CAFO rule, this one concerning water use is being abused in such a way as to make it prohibitive, if not impossible, for farmers to run their farms.

“This rule went into place back in 2021,” the rancher explains about how Oregon officials enacted the water rule, which just so happens to have happened at a time when everyone was being distracted and traumatized by Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) “pandemic” tyranny.

“It has slowly rolled out to the point where market gardeners on a half-acre of land are now receiving cease-and-desist orders saying, ‘you can’t water your gardens; figure out another way.’”

The obvious goal in all this is to concentrate even more power and control over the food market into the hands of just a wealthy few while depriving small farmers of their livelihoods and incomes – not to mention their God-given right to grow, produce, consume, and yes, sell, the fruit of their labor for sustenance.

Be warned that if this kind of thing can happen in Oregon, it can happen everywhere. The tyranny usually starts in one area as a test case, and if the general public does not resist, it spreads like a virus elsewhere.

Americans, no matter what state they live in, have a constitutional right to food freedom.

Onward and upward,
airforce
12 51 Read More
03/26/2024 06:07 PM
Britain is demanding greater protections for Assange before they allow him to be extradited to the U.S. That includes full First Amendment protection.

Yesterday, Britain's High Court ruled that WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange—who stands accused of violating the Espionage Act due to his 2010 decision to publish classified documents leaked by whistleblower Chelsea Manning that revealed disturbing U.S. military actions—cannot be extradited to the United States until greater assurances are provided about how he will be treated in custody and at trial, including receiving First Amendment protections.

The court gave U.S. authorities three weeks to provide assurances that Assange "is permitted to rely on the First Amendment to the United States Constitution…that he is not prejudiced at trial (including sentence) by reason of his nationality, that he is afforded the same First Amendment protections as a United States citizen and that the death penalty is not imposed."

This decision had been anxiously awaited by Assange-watchers, given that he is very close to the end of the road, in terms of appeals, within the British court system.

The U.S. has until May 20 to provide these assurances to the British High Court; if they are not satisfactory, he will receive a full appeal hearing in the U.K. Concurrently, Assange's legal team is seeking an appeal with the European Court of Human Rights, which could possibly delay extradition further.

In other words, his fate remains uncertain, but this move by the British court is a decidedly good one. For more on Assange's case, watch this episode of my show, Just Asking Questions, in which Zach Weissmueller and I interviewed Julian's wife, Stella (who also happens to be an attorney who has worked on his case).

Onward and upward,
airforce
10 236 Read More
03/26/2024 02:05 AM
Very true…..
12 51 Read More
03/26/2024 02:00 AM
Anyone remember when obongo and hit!ery supported isis during the Arab spring? Isis may have done the deed but I'll bet on where the marching orders came from.
5 33 Read More
03/26/2024 01:51 AM
The internet will soon be useless.

Time for old school tech. Exit the matrix and build your own infrastructure outside of their control.
12 51 Read More
03/26/2024 12:58 AM
Smart testing it like that.

Not knowing how the host server of this site operates… any chance that THEY could have zapped it for some reason? I don’t know what authority they have or rights to do this are.
12 51 Read More
03/25/2024 10:14 PM
Things like this have a way of backfiring against the feds.

Over twenty years ago I was raising money for the the family of FalSarge, who had run afoul of the ATF (it's a long story). Ron would occasionally write to me from jail, and I would post the letters here and at a little Libertarian Yahoo Group website, Tulsa Area Libertarians, read mainly by me and half a dozen little old Libertarian ladies. One letter he sent me described what he would do when he was out of prison, starting his own website and becoming "bigger, badder, and better than ever." Naturally, the prosecutors took that little remark out of context, anrguing for a longer sentence, and saying they got it from me, where I posted it TO THE LIBERTARIAN WEBSITE.

They should have just said I posted in at AWRM. Everyone knows the feds watch this website, and it wouldn't be any news to anyone. But when it became known the feds were following me around the internet and spying on their little Yahoo website, those little old ladies were pissed as shit. It didn't get Ron any more prison time, and it succeeded in creating a few more enemies for the government. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what the feds wanted.

Earlier today I created a test topic, to see what I had to do to delete it. Anything I did raised a little box, asking, "Are you sure?" I can say with confidence neither I nor anyone else here deleted it.

Onward and upward,
airforce
12 51 Read More
03/25/2024 09:42 PM
Not that the Fedcoats wouldn’t create a fake account by becoming a member… nor do I really think with their powers that even if they didn’t that they couldn’t watch everything on here anyways… but was that page one of those out there for the general public, or behind membership wall?

If “they” did zap the topic of conversation, then the old saying that “you know you are over the target when you start taking flak” is apt.

Liberals think that by bullying and silencing US, that we can be controlled like they so readily do THEIR people. They don’t understand the difference between American citizens and simple subjects.
12 51 Read More
03/25/2024 02:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I didn't do it but, when it comes to computers, one should never underestimate my ability to screw things up. But I've never unintentionally nuked a topic before, so I really doubt it was me.

Onward and upward,
airforce
12 51 Read More
03/25/2024 01:54 AM
I wondered what happened. It was not done by anyone in house.
12 51 Read More
03/24/2024 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Huskerpatriot
Do we have any clue as to why/how this thread got zapped? A bit disturbing....

Your guess is as good as mine. If it disappears again, we'll be pretty sure it wasn't some sort of accident.

Over forty years ago, I realized that famines were seldom if ever caused by nature, but by man. If this is someone's twisted goal, he would certainly want to divert attention from it. But there's enough attention drawn to this already, especially in Europe, so i don't think they would try something as clumsy as nuking a topic here at AWRM.

Or maybe they would. We'll see.

Onward and upward,
airforce
12 51 Read More
03/24/2024 10:55 PM
Do we have any clue as to why/how this thread got zapped? A bit disturbing.

I HAD commented about how this will most certainly lead to global famine but that may THEN people will appreciate food and the hard work that goes into making it. I had pointed out that with the anti- human “de-growth movement” popular among many on the left, this could be their INTENT, and not an unforeseen unintended consequence. They view a massive reduction in human population as the only sure fire way to reduce the impact of human kind on the planet.
12 51 Read More
03/24/2024 09:57 PM

4 149 Read More
03/24/2024 08:22 PM

12 51 Read More
03/24/2024 07:13 PM
I don't know how it happened, but somehow this thread got nuked. Feel free to repost anything on here that got deleted. Thanks to Huskerpatriot for spotting the problem.

Onward and upward,
airforce
12 51 Read More
03/24/2024 06:59 PM
Here's more.

... “Kyiv strongly denied any involvement in Friday’s assault on the Crocus City Hall music venue in Krasnogorsk, and the Islamic State group’s Afghanistan affiliate claimed responsibility. Putin did not mention IS in his speech, and Kyiv accused him and other Russian politicians of falsely linking Ukraine to the assault to stoke fervor for Russia’s war in Ukraine, which recently entered its third year.”

IS said it was retaliation for Putin’s military action in Syria, which would make this sort-of Putin’s responsibility, so he can’t talk about that. Besides, he needs something to drum up enthusiasm for the Ukraine quagmire.

Onward and upward,
airforce
5 33 Read More
03/24/2024 06:55 PM
I've never heard of too many ISIS terrorists coming from Ukraine, it sounds to me like Putin is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Why would Putin feel compelled to do this? Because he likely won't be able to continue the fight after 2024. But if he can somehow turn the world against Ukraine...

Hard limits are appearing on Russia’s ability to continue the Ukraine war. It has begun running out of tube artillery (as opposed to rocket artillery) and light armored fighting vehicles (AFVs). The artillery shortage is because tube artillery barrels are wearing out, while the light AFV shortage is because so many have been lost in combat.

Russia’s stocks of self-propelled tube artillery pieces were eliminated by combat losses in the Ukraine, worn-out barrels or exploded from firing with worn-out barrels, and were replaced by towed artillery from its reserve stocks. Now the Russians have lost, worn out or almost worn out everything but their oldest reserve tube artillery, 50+ year-old 122mm towed guns of which they allegedly had about 4,000 in 2021. These are Russia’s last artillery reserve, are being put into service now and, when those are worn out this year, Russia’s tube artillery park will be reduced to their current production of about 200 yearly tube artillery pieces. At that point Russia can no longer continue the war unless their 2024 production increases to at least 2000 a year.

The barrels of tube artillery pieces have a crucial inner sleeve called a barrel “liner” composed of better quality steel than the barrel and coated with special chemicals for greater resistance to super-hot propellant charge gases when fired. Spiral grooves (lands) cut into it engage the rotation bands around artillery shells to rapidly spin them when fired for greater accuracy. Barrel liners are commonly replaced when worn out during peacetime. This makes the more expensive artillery tube last longer.

No country is known to keep spare barrel liners in reserve for wartime, and it takes as long to create new liner manufacturing capability as it does for whole barrels – about two years. If Russia or any other country started developing new liner and barrel manufacturing capability immediately after the Ukraine war started, it will come online sometime this summer. That is unlikely. No one expected a long war. If anyone has done that, they’d more likely have started in late 2022 or early 2023....

Read the whole thing at the link. Putin is getting desperate, and desperate people do desperate things. So yes, lying comes easy to Putin, and he certainly has reason to paint a false flag on the Moscow atrocity.

Onward and upward,
airforce
5 33 Read More
03/24/2024 05:54 AM
It's now being reported that one of the shooters is a Ukrainian army vet. Isis claims responsibility and we know who created them.
5 33 Read More
03/24/2024 02:43 AM
Yeah , the next 72 hours we shall see so.e activities for sure.
5 33 Read More
03/23/2024 09:55 PM
By now most have heard about the terrorist attack in Moscow. Putin seem to think there's a Ukrainian connection. I can see why he would suspect this. Zelinsky is desperate and desperate people do stupid shit. Plus it doesn't help that Biden and NATO are escalating the conflict. Apparently they're too stupid to realize that if you poke the bear it will bite. U.S. Intelligence warned our citizens about a possible IsIs attack on Mar 7. Media immediately pushed the IsIs narrative but I don't buy it.

This will not end well.
5 33 Read More
03/22/2024 04:25 AM
Biden wants to avoid a First Amendment showdown over WikiLeaks. As well he should.

Federal prosecutors are pursuing a deal to allow WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to avoid espionage charges and instead plead guilty to the misdemeanor of mishandling classified data. The Wall Street Journal first reported on the talks between U.S. authorities and Assange's lawyers on Wednesday. The independent outlet Consortium News then confirmed that it had learned the same details "off the record" several months ago.

Assange has been detained in Britain for five years awaiting extradition, and the Journal reported that he "would likely be free to leave prison shortly after any deal was concluded" due to time served.

Although it's not a done deal, the proposal is good news for the First Amendment, because it avoids setting a precedent that allows the U.S. government to treat journalists as spies.

Attorney General Merrick Garland still has to sign off on any deal, according to the Journal. And Assange's brother Gabriel Shipton told Consortium News that Assange is dead-set against signing a deal that would require him to come to the United States, due to worries that the U.S. government could change the terms at the last minute.

After the news broke, Assange's lawyer Barry J. Pollack stated, "We have been given no indication that the Department of Justice intends to resolve the case." Pollack didn't deny that negotiations were happening, and accusing the other side of being unserious could be a negotiating tactic.

But both sides have a strong incentive to avoid a trial. In addition to saving Assange from significant jail time, a plea deal could allow the Biden administration to wriggle out of a self-inflicted political conundrum.

WikiLeaks became a thorn in the U.S. government's side in the early 2010s when it published classified data provided by former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning, including a database of U.S. diplomatic cables and a video of a U.S. Army helicopter gunning down a news crew in Iraq.

The Obama administration prosecuted Manning but decided not to prosecute Assange because of the "New York Times problem." Even though WikiLeaks is not a traditional newspaper, its activities are legally not so different from The New York Times and other news organizations, which often publish stories based on leaked classified information.

Indeed, Assange partnered with the Times, The Guardian, and other international outlets for the "Cablegate" leaks. When the Trump administration finally decided to prosecute Assange for espionage in 2019, the Times editorial board called the case a weapon "aimed straight at the heart of the First Amendment."

Because of Assange's case, a bipartisan group in Congress is pushing for a law to overhaul the Espionage Act completely.

With a misdemeanor plea deal, prosecutors could avoid a fight over the Espionage Act and the First Amendment, without looking like the Biden administration backed down. As the Journal put it, putting Assange on trial "would throw a political hot potato into the lap of the Biden administration."

Onward and upward,
airforce
10 236 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.