West Virginia
T
Taylor County Offline OP
NCO Contributor
Taylor County  Offline OP
NCO Contributor
T
West Virginia
I know this is not normal for here, or is it??
What gear do I need to bring along form my native West Virginia (Mid- Atlantic/ East Coast) to Western/ Plains states/Heartlands??? Yes, I have pack and gear, but what about climate and area specific? Do you only have hot and dry summers or is it balmy (humid? Are there any Militia/Wildland Firefighters out there besides me who I can trust and give me real advice?
I am in trainig now and the likelyhood of me going out West this year is very high. There are 3 of us from my dept. on the call up list.

Tout Jour Prest.
www.wvfirefighters.com
www.worldnetdaily.com
www.pbn.4mg.com (Liberty Tree Radio.
Re: Wildland Firefighting #99066
07/28/2007 08:16 PM
07/28/2007 08:16 PM
5thBn/45thFF (lone wolf divisi...
J
John Hancock Offline
John Hancock  Offline
J
Hey we can use you in Utah. We have something break out almost everyday. Here is it hot and dry. I always have extra water, a 16 oz bottle in a leg pocket, along with a granola bar.

But as you know the best thing you can take with you is training. Just remember STAY IN THE BLACK!

Be safe

Psalms 23
Re: Wildland Firefighting #99067
07/31/2007 01:13 AM
07/31/2007 01:13 AM
West Virginia
T
Taylor County Offline OP
NCO Contributor
Taylor County  Offline OP
NCO Contributor
T
West Virginia
Hey Bro! If I do get called out to Utah,( and I know you have been having major fires there all summer) I will post here before I leave and give all details I can! Stay in the Black! ALWAYS!!!Texas is just now comming out with new training detailing that crucial fact.
Would an Alice pack be too much along with combat harness? Or should I pack light? Thinking about a Hydration pack like CamelBak, or Tactical Tailor would do better with combat harness?

Stay safe too!

Tout Jour Prest.
www.wvfirefighters.com
www.worldnetdaily.com
www.pbn.4mg.com (Liberty Tree Radio.
Re: Wildland Firefighting #99068
07/31/2007 09:56 AM
07/31/2007 09:56 AM
J
John Hancock Offline
John Hancock  Offline
J
Alice is just fine for packing your stuff, but not for hiking around all day in. Most guys around here have what looks like an "h type" harness with a fire shelter and 32oz canteens along with a butt pack. That is there 2nd line, I guess it is a lot like military now that I think of it. Alice for 3rd line, your resupply, clothes wise I mean. More then likely there will be some sort of rehab unit assigined to the fire where you can get food and other things, don't worry about that. My captain uses a harness type with a camelback on back. I am not red card so we just fight the wildland for the first day or so while the USDF gets there guys moved around. When I go to a wildland I use either my bunker pants, very hot, or just the wildland pants and shirt, with the water bottle in the leg pocket.

Psalms 23
Re: Wildland Firefighting #99069
08/05/2007 03:09 PM
08/05/2007 03:09 PM
East Central Mississippi, C.S....
M
MedicineMan Offline

MedicineMan  Offline

M
East Central Mississippi, C.S....
HERE.........

http://www.firewise.org/

There's some good info here that would protect your property from natural and man-made fires.

"MedicineMan"
http://www.dixiepreparedness.org

"If they come in the morning, I'll be right here."
-Mitch Walking Elk

MILITIA -
The original HOMELAND DEFENSE!!!
- MedicineMan (ECCMMDOC)

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.