10/09/2008 01:18 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared

by John Galt

October 8, 2008

If you are scared, you are not prepared.

I know that sounds like a simple statement and it is. For every day since September 11, 2001 the American people have been under some type of threat it seems. First it was the Islamofacist threat which has not gone away, but put on the back shelf in the public’s mind thanks to the MSM and the lack of a successful attack since that dark day. Then it seems that every month had a new threat from Mother Nature like Katrina or a major earthquake, a tsunami or a drought. Now the long forecast financial crisis is upon us and a lot of people are freaking out.

I say again, if you are scared after all this, then you did not listen and get prepared.

The first preparation everyone should have undertaken is peace with the Lord. I know I’ve done all that I humanly can to make my peace and accept the Lord to have the spiritual base for what is occurring. Have you done that? Have you looked inward to insure that your heart, your soul and your beliefs are strong? I’m no preacher nor perfect by any stretch of the imagination and with the warts on my personality and shortcomings as a human it does not mean I’m right or wrong in every situation we are facing. But I accept my destiny one way or another and hopefully have the inner strength to deal with where we are at historically.

The people who are scared had best look inward first and not to COSTCO.

Next, you hopefully have already made the grocery runs that are necessary. After over two years of warnings that this day would come, you have to consider the dangers, the risks and the threats to our J.I.T. transportation system. The price of fuel is slowly declining but not diesel as rapid as gasoline. Food production and transportation is at risk even as we banter back and forth as farmers are concerned about the viability of the model they engaged in which sadly is their own fault as they enslaved their futures to that of the government and the banksters. If you followed the FEMA plan you have enough plastic sheeting to paint a mansion and tuna to feed a cat for three days. If you listened to all of the souls on radio and the message boards, blogs and other internet sites, you have a three month plus supply and look at this situation we are in with a sense of foreboding yes, but popcorn in hand. You are in the middle of history and sad as it is, a participant. Panic for preparing with supplies at the last minute by loading up on food and spending cash you could use elsewhere in the future is a sign that you may have listened but you did not act. For those that did, get the butter lovers popcorn as that is the best.

Can you protect your family?

I have read and listened to many souls who claim that “there’s no way my neighbors would ever rob me of my goods so I don’t sweat that.” Really? You’ve had more indications that that myth does not work. Katrina was test tube version number one. The problems along our border with Mexico is test tube version number two. Human nature, despite centuries of education and technical achievement always reverts back to the basics and if you need evidence of the risk of trying to defend one’s property with a baseball bat versus a firearm, just remember; if you’re outgunned, you are dead as is your family in all likelihood. Can you look your wife, your children, yourself in the eyes and say “I’ve done all I can?” I realize not everyone can afford a firearm but you had best have a friend that does and make sure you keep that friendship tight. We are not in a position as a society to accept that a breakdown in order will be an episode of “Leave it to Beaver” where everyone smiles, prays and just bakes an apple pie to get a long. The animals are out there and they will want in. And it can happen to anyone, anywhere. The Founding Fathers did not include the second amendment as an exercise in futility or statement of support for the firearms industry. It is there due to the threat of an abusive central government or the animals on two legs or four.

Lastly, there has been a lot of banter about the viability of owning precious metals. If we enter a deflationary depression, which is now a risk if the Fed does not act in the next forty-eight hours, the price should theoretically crater. I say “theoretically” because nobody but Jim Sinclair and a few others have proposed the opposite and historically proper possibility: What if all the fiat currencies crater first?

That means that a viable form of universal currency will have to fill the void until all the paper can be replaced. Is it a realistic possibility that we will witness the introduction of a new universal one world currency ahead of schedule? You betcha.

It is also possible that the Fed will elect to commit the ultimate act of dollar homicide and agree to buy any type of paper and support every bank in the known sphere of the American universe. There has been so much speculation about the collapse of the dollar that it should no longer be a question of “if” but “when” as the system unwinds. This means the possession of some type of viable alternative to a paper currency is a safe, sane and logical step for anyone who has read the numerous postings and warnings. It is not as if the banking system problems were not recognized when the the price of gold was back at $450. Will it skyrocket? Who knows and who cares. I’m not here to preach investment ideology, this is about survival. And at some point, as in the Weimar Republic fiasco, gold and silver will be a recognized viable currency and just a little bit of it might take you a long way in the disaster upon us.

Just remember history’s unwritten rule:

Those with the alternative currency that everyone recognizes usually survives hard times the best.

So do not get suckered by the “gold confiscation” tinfoil nutcases, it won’t happen. The new order of the banking system and their ultimate goal has been to create a digital universal currency to insure control over the populations of the world and now that it is technologically feasible, watch for it to happen sooner rather than later.

So that’s it gang. Fear is natural, but I prefer the nervous anticipation with a bag of fresh hot buttered popcorn. Not for a great movie, but the greatest show in history, our lives, our nation, our world. Let us not be scared of what is next, but ready to greet each day like another. The warnings have been out there for ages. If you are still scared, look inward and quickly. If after that, the fear does not subside, you have no worries; FEMA will be there for you and your family. And MREs are best consumed with lots of Tobasco sauce or ketchup.

No matter what, pray. That is the one thing they can not tax or take away from you, no matter how prepared or unprepared you are.

Good Luck and God Bless!

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99640
10/09/2008 02:54 AM
10/09/2008 02:54 AM
USA
A
A.Patriot2 Offline
NCO Contributor
A.Patriot2  Offline
NCO Contributor

A
USA
"Good luck & God Bless" is right! We're gonna need it.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain - 1904
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99641
10/10/2008 04:08 AM
10/10/2008 04:08 AM
Seattle - that place - ε&...
D
Doktor_Jeep Offline
Doktor_Jeep  Offline

D
Seattle - that place - ε&...
That explains it.

I think I should be scared, but I am not.

Fuel
Is running
Fuel
Is coming
Fuel
Is running
Down
Down
Down my face
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99642
10/10/2008 10:37 AM
10/10/2008 10:37 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
WHEN THE WINDS BLOW

Years ago a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast. He constantly
advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant to work on farms
along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms that raged across the
Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops. As the farmer
interviewed applicants for the job, he received a steady stream of refusals.

Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the farmer.
"Are you a good farmhand ?" the farmer asked him.

"Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man.

Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired
him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk,
and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.

Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed,
the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand's
sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is
coming! Tie things down before they blow away!"

The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told you, I
can sleep when the wind blows."

Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot.
Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he
discovered that all of the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The
cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were
barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down.
Nothing could blow away.

The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, so he returned to his
bed to also sleep while the wind blew.

MORAL: When you're prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically, you have
nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life? The
hired hand in the story was able to sleep because he had secured the farm
against the storm.

We, as believers in Christ, secure ourselves against the storms of life by
grounding ourselves in the Word of God.

I hope you sleep well!

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99643
10/10/2008 11:36 AM
10/10/2008 11:36 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I agree DJ, you would think I would have some fear, I think I am way past that.

Im prepared, I feel good, I have few debts, I not only will survive, I will thrive and never undermine my beliefs.

So they can do what they want, I will fight, win lose or draw I am past caring what they do to me.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99644
10/10/2008 11:59 AM
10/10/2008 11:59 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
For the last few days, I've spent more time than I usually do looking inward. I started doing this when I realized I was, well, scared.

Not for myself so much. For one thing, I'm an old man. I've raised my kids, and I think I've given them the knowledge and skills they will need to survive anything I could survive.

But have I done everything I could to prevent this disaster from happening? Have I done all I could to help AWRM and the militia? What else could I have done to warn people about this disaster that I knew would happen one day?

Have I done my part, or have I let all of us down?

I know, hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm just not in a good place right now. I really hope this feeling will pass, and soon.

I went shopping at Wal-Mart the other day, like I do every week. I ended up spending considerably more than I normally do. A couple extra boxes of pistol ammo, a couple more cans of air rifle pellets, another can of Break Free, another half dozen cans of beef stew, and another box of canning lids.

And as I was driving home, I noticed one of my neighbors had thrown away an old TV. I liberated the power cord. That will make at least half a dozen serviceable small-game snares. (I already have hundreds, if not thousands, stored away in a couple ammo cans.)

So, yeah, I guess I'm ready. I'm just not too happy. frown

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99645
10/10/2008 12:20 PM
10/10/2008 12:20 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Sounds like a productive day..

Yea I would say I am not happy, I think maybe I just don't have any feelings about it one way or the other.

I dont think we should be happy, just not sad.

It is what we have trained for , prepared for, prayed for,but wished would never have to come to pass..

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: If You are Scared, You are Not Prepared #99646
10/10/2008 01:06 PM
10/10/2008 01:06 PM
USA
A
A.Patriot2 Offline
NCO Contributor
A.Patriot2  Offline
NCO Contributor

A
USA
airforce-
I had a similar thought process going on. Go read it if you haven't already. http://www.awrm.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000509;p=1#000003

Hang in there, brother. God is there - bottom line. Remember the story of the firey furnace? wink

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain - 1904

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.