Brave New World
V
virginiaJim Offline OP
NCO Contributor
virginiaJim  Offline OP
NCO Contributor
V
Brave New World
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wood+gas+generator&search_type=&aq=0&oq=wood+gas+gen

Here is a link to some good video on wood gas power generators. Some are using bark and pine straw as a source to create wood gas that will power a generator. This might be a good way to maintain battery power for lights at night or even radio communication power.

Stand up for the Republic!

www.freestateproject.com

New Hampshire, Land of Liberty!
Re: working on Wood Gas Generators #99702
12/18/2008 08:59 AM
12/18/2008 08:59 AM
DFW, TX
M
Missionkill Offline
Missionkill  Offline
M
DFW, TX
I wonder what the risk would be from a constant fire or even an intermittent fire. Then if it would not be better to just pay the extra cash to get a few 100 watt solar panels? I know that sounds really easy to say but in all reality is the safety of your A.O. not paramount in its success?

Just a thought...what ya think?

Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

When you want peace
Prepare for War.
Re: working on Wood Gas Generators #99703
12/25/2008 11:39 AM
12/25/2008 11:39 AM
Brave New World
V
virginiaJim Offline OP
NCO Contributor
virginiaJim  Offline OP
NCO Contributor
V
Brave New World
Originally posted by Missionkill:
I wonder what the risk would be from a constant fire or even an intermittent fire. Then if it would not be better to just pay the extra cash to get a few 100 watt solar panels? I know that sounds really easy to say but in all reality is the safety of your A.O. not paramount in its success?

Just a thought...what ya think?
well for me, extra cash is something I have read about in books or seen in movies.

If I have tools and spare parts then I can do pretty much anything. But build a solar setup from parts and scratch is not someting I plan for.

Stand up for the Republic!

www.freestateproject.com

New Hampshire, Land of Liberty!
Re: working on Wood Gas Generators #99704
12/25/2008 02:28 PM
12/25/2008 02:28 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Only thing that would bother me is the price of a 100 watt solar panel! Does anyone here know how BIG something that size is?? A 15 watt panel is about 1 foot by 3 foot! Imagine a 100 watt panel??

Monica Lewinsky- amerikan patriot and militia poster girl. Only person in amerika that blew away a crooked president, never served a day in jail and lived to tell about it.
Re: working on Wood Gas Generators #99705
12/25/2008 03:52 PM
12/25/2008 03:52 PM
MT
C
C. M. Wolf Offline
C. M. Wolf  Offline
C
MT
Originally posted by virginiaJim:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wood+gas+generator&search_type=&aq=0&oq=wood+gas+gen

Here is a link to some good video on wood gas power generators. Some are using bark and pine straw as a source to create wood gas that will power a generator. This might be a good way to maintain battery power for lights at night or even radio communication power.
Solar power panels are great, once you get past the size, cost, and est life of them.
Frankly I prefer wind power gens and wood-burning steam power gens/heating systems better. Wood and wind are far more plentiful in most areas, especially at night. Both latter sys can be used without battery banks,(although these can be added for a more steady and consistant supply. These systems are also more cost effective in general ...and they work equally well at "Night". Solar doesn't quite give you that without battery banks or power storage.

http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/20hpse.htm

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2003/0005700.html

http://www.endtimesreport.com/home_bred.html

IMHO

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!
Re: working on Wood Gas Generators #99706
12/27/2008 04:17 AM
12/27/2008 04:17 AM
Vermont
A
arctichomesteader Offline
arctichomesteader  Offline
A
Vermont
You don't want to run it constantly, you want to set up something to store the gas so you can go some time without running the wood gas generator. Keep in mind of course wood gas is full of carbon monoxide in its unburnt state so you want to be careful of leaks...

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.