Print Thread
The Ready Store MREs #99716
12/11/2008 04:37 PM
12/11/2008 04:37 PM
Your Hole
0Dok_Jeep0 Offline OP
0Dok_Jeep0  Offline OP
Your Hole
I'd been debating for some time as to whether it would be worth trying the MREs available at The Ready Store website for some time now. The first MREs I tried were GI and they were VERY good. The second were from Sportsman's Guide and they aren't worth the carton-box they were shipped in. I went ahead and ordered some up last Thursday so I could try them out and the box came in today. I figured, "Well, better test them before I get anymore of these" So tonight I had one for dinner.

These MREs get 100points from me for various reasons.
1- Sopakco. If you've served or have tried to new MREs you know this name well. Sopakco is the company which assembles, packages, and ships the Military's MREs. The Ready Store's MREs are Sopakco.
2- When you order them you have the option to include or to not include the heaters. If you choose heaters they are packed IN the MRE packaging, not separate like some lower-end MREs. And these heaters are the exact same heaters shipped with the GI MRES.
3- The Spoon! This has been a big issue in some circles when it comes to their choice of MREs. If you're familiar with the GI variety you remember the heavy duty, desert tan spoon which you perhaps saved for later use because they ARE that good! The spoons shipped in the accessory bag in the Ready Store MREs are the same material, the same thickness and length, just in a cream white color.
4- The entrees are the same GI entrees in use right now. The only difference may be where crackers would be shipped in a GI MRE, these may have the Wheat Snack Bread. So far, no pound cake's have shown up, only Oatmeal cookies, but those are very good nonetheless.
5- Amount. If you've tried low-end MREs you know that dissapointed feeling. "What? I get a main dish but no side dish?!?!? and only a Cinnamon Breakfast Square besides that?!?!" The Ready Store MREs come with you main entree, your side dish (such as rice, corn, fruit, etc..), a dessert, bread or crackers, peanut butter or cheese, drink mix, sugar, salt, creamer, coffee, towelette, napkin, etc..

The only thing which dissapointed me about these MREs was the lack of GI matches and no mini-tabasco bottle. Other than that they are more than worth the price, good tasting, fast, effecient, light, easy to carry, self contained, etc.

I recommend them.

http://www.thereadystore.com/mre/best-sellers/mre-single-deluxe-full-meal-case-of-12

I'm-a crackalackya till yo bones be breakin beeyotch! GET YO MONKEY BUTT UNDA MA GUN!
Re: The Ready Store MREs #99717
12/11/2008 07:00 PM
12/11/2008 07:00 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
I was going to buy a few at the gun show the other day for $5 a piece but forgot. Now I'm kicking my own a$$. Looks like beanie-weenies for me on the next FTX.

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: The Ready Store MREs #99718
12/12/2008 08:16 AM
12/12/2008 08:16 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
Thanks for the review.

It does seem that $5 each is the gun show price for GI.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: The Ready Store MREs #99719
12/18/2008 09:14 AM
12/18/2008 09:14 AM
DFW, TX
M
Missionkill Offline
Missionkill  Offline
M
DFW, TX
The sad thing is when I am at "Drill" guys will go out of the way not to eat these (Which I understand) but what gets me is they don’t even take them home. So needless to say I walk away with more than enough each trip, thanks to some good friends.

Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

When you want peace
Prepare for War.
Re: The Ready Store MREs #99720
07/23/2009 03:04 PM
07/23/2009 03:04 PM
SOCAL OA
H
Halcitron Offline
Halcitron  Offline
H
SOCAL OA
The non-GI MRE's, in the clear bags, sold at surplus stores, have about 800 calories, whereas the GI MREs have 1800 or more. In cold weather a hard working teen will need three non-GI MREs per day, while those not doing hard work, might only need two. Non-GI MRE's, are locally assembled by a crew, and if you analyze them, and reverse engineer the process, you can custom make mission essential rations. Long distant backpackers will vacuum pack spare socks and skivvies. The poly tubing, and heat sealers are cheap. For a few $1,000 your group can assemble MREs and custom accessory packets, exceeding the quality of GI, but using OTS local groceries.

Halcitron(M7-OXX)
M Co 59th Bn CA 9th
Unorganized Militia of California
First Fullerton Militia
Check your six -- DUCK!
Re: The Ready Store MREs #99721
07/24/2009 04:17 PM
07/24/2009 04:17 PM
northern indiana
I
indianaprepared Offline
indianaprepared  Offline
I
northern indiana
i have the MRE's from the ready store as well as GI MRE's. the one availible from the ready store are the closest commercial equivilent i have found yet. they also have options to order just the entrees or components seperatly which is nice since it saves money and i dont have to strip them for a FTX.

Re: The Ready Store MREs #99722
07/24/2009 04:36 PM
07/24/2009 04:36 PM
Mars
S
Special K Offline
Special K  Offline
S
Mars
Try these guys for MRE components as well: http://www.longlifefood.com/

Special K out

We will not disarm. You cannot convince us. You cannot intimidate us. You can try to kill us, if you think you can. But remember, we'll shoot back. And we are not going away. Your move… Three Percent.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.