Malaysia
F
Flick Offline OP
Flick  Offline OP
F
Malaysia
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy42.html

Individual ownership of a firearm no more qualifies the owner to protect themselves and their property and defend the rights granted by their creator than individual ownership of a cowboy hat qualifies the owner for the National Finals Rodeo.

Responsible ownership of a firearm requires not only adequate training in its use, but also a mental mindset capable of formulating and implementing a plan should that tool ever be required. Irresponsible use of a firearm often provides opponents of the right to keep and bear arms a useful weapon, especially considering their willing accomplices in the congress and the media.

Training with your chosen firearm should occur frequently, weekly if possible, at the very least, monthly. Always practice on silhouette targets and not bull’s-eye targets. Reality is a must in training. Devote quite a bit of practice and ammo on headshots. Criminals frequently wear body armor. Train diligently to become ambidextrous in the use of your firearm in the event your strong side should become incapacitated.

If one has decided to become trained and may be forced at some time to use his weapon for defense of his home, life, family, or rights, he/she should take the time to talk this decision over with members of their family. Each should be aware of the inherent danger should events occur that require a firearm to be employed, and where they should position themselves to remain as safe as possible.

The person(s) most likely to use the firearm should be aware of where other members of the family would be and to make every effort to insure that any missed shots not endanger them. High-powered magnum pistols and rifles can penetrate several internal and/or external walls.

It is imperative that one have complete knowledge of his living environment: where are your firearms located, can you negotiate your way through the house without lights, etc. It could prove invaluable to possess the ability to navigate each and every room in your house in complete darkness without giving away your position.

Keeping your firearm and ammunition in separate locations is absurd. An unloaded $800 pistol or revolver can instantly become a very expensive rock. Have an adequate supply of ammo. I, personally, have a firearm and ammo discretely located in each room of my home so as to never be isolated from either should the need arise.

I do not recommend the use of the laser sights now in vogue with many gun owners. In a dark environment they give away your position to a possible adversary. Not a good thing in a gunfight. A high intensity flashlight can be a force option, used to locate, identify, and temporarily disorient a potential bad guy, but should be employed with discretion when one is facing multiple targets, for the light too can give away your position.

Home invasions are becoming more and more in the news and usually involve a multitude of bad guys. Know whom you are admitting into your home. It is not unusual in a self-defense situation to find oneself in a target-rich environment. One magazine or cylinder of ammo may not be sufficient for the situation. Practice your reloads until they are automatic.

An adrenaline rush will cause one’s aim to be unsteady and erratic. Sometime before you practice on your silhouette targets, run in place for several minutes, pick up your firearm and attempt to engage the targets. Raising your heart rate is the closest one can come to duplicating the adrenaline rush brought on by a potential life or death encounter.

Do not rush toward the sound of a forced intrusion into your home; in so doing you give away your position and could draw fire from several adversaries at once. Do not turn on lights as that too could give away your position and draw fire. Stay low, think on your feet and react. Fear should be a motivator, but never the director of your actions.

What I am going to mention next is something I have personally done and recommend to all. Either travel to your local law enforcement, or, if you have a group of like-minded citizens or a shooting club, ask a representative of law enforcement to attend a meeting. At this meeting ask the LE representative if he/she understands their oath to uphold and defend; have a copy of their oath handy. Pointedly ask how an unlawful order to seize public firearms would be handled by their department. If they answer the order would be executed, ask what would be their department’s response if citizens refused to comply. I believe this serves to inform those in LE that adherence to unconstitutional confiscation might not go as smoothly as they expect and serve as a subtle reminder of who they are paid to "serve and protect" and who is paying their salaries.

If you have a number of like-minded patriots, or a gun club with members you trust, establish a phone tree. In other words, should one of your group become the target of a criminal invasion, they would call the first person on the list who would in turn call two people on the list and so on until all members were notified. Criminals prefer to execute their crimes with relative cover and quiet. A number of well-armed, concerned folks arriving at the scene could possibly insure a positive outcome and/or provide much needed assistance.

Train hard; train often; train in realistic scenarios; your life and the life of your family may depend on it.

Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99802
01/15/2009 09:49 AM
01/15/2009 09:49 AM
Behind a Log
T
Tsalagi123 Offline
Tsalagi123  Offline
T
Behind a Log
Good Post

Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99803
01/15/2009 10:34 AM
01/15/2009 10:34 AM
Montana
B
Bona_na_Croin Offline
Bona_na_Croin  Offline
B
Montana
Touching a bit on this post about turning on the lights.

Would it be advisable to turn on lights where THEY are and not where YOU are. Some house have the ability to turn on lights say from master bedroom. You can control the lights for every room in the house. If I was upstairs say, and the thug(s) are downstairs, would turning on the lights in the downstairs rooms prove to be an advantage? I'm of course making the assumption these are just crooks and not LEO's making say a raid.

Would remotely having the lights turn on be recommended as a deterrent? They're all in bright light now and would possibly act as a surprise and thwart them wanting to continue?

I hope this made sense to whoever could answer

Bona na Croin- Neither Collar nor Crown

"Free where I live or die where I stand"
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99804
01/15/2009 11:36 AM
01/15/2009 11:36 AM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Makes all the sense in the world, but just keep one thing in mind when doing that! They will be looking at all dark rooms for movement! First sign of movement will receive heavy fire!!

Monica Lewinsky- amerikan patriot and militia poster girl. Only person in amerika that blew away a crooked president, never served a day in jail and lived to tell about it.
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99805
01/15/2009 02:24 PM
01/15/2009 02:24 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Good post and Patriot right as always

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99806
01/15/2009 04:59 PM
01/15/2009 04:59 PM
MT
C
C. M. Wolf Offline
C. M. Wolf  Offline
C
MT
Another thing to keep in mind is "Motion Sensor Automatic Light Switches" outside entry ways, passages, and other key areas. This lets you know better what areas to watch. These light switches can also be employed to the inside of key entry areas and certain rooms that are likely center points of a home.
Leaving certain safer rooms where you and/or your family are more likely to occupy with the std manual light switchs gives you the choice to turn or those lights or not.

In the odd case that your home may be some kind of 'target' of an LEO raid, it is very likely that the power,(and possibly all utilities), to the entire home will be cut off shortly before the beginning of the raid. No light switches will work at this point. Unless these motion sensor lights are set up with emergency battery/power supplies. (But then, if your power is cut off first, you bedside clock most likely will be black indicating no power to the house). The total absence of any power or other utilites in your home can tell you what you may be facing, in some cases.

In any case, an outter perimeter motion sensing system that is on a separate emergency batter/power supply would be recommended. One that will silently alert you in the power is cut off and/or an intruder comes within your outter bounds unbiden.

The more warning that you have to intruders of any kind, is the more ready or more scarce that you can make yourself and your family.

Hidden and concealed "Escape Routes/Passages" that are known to you and your family ONLY, can be invaluable in a great many situations.

IHTH

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99807
01/15/2009 06:32 PM
01/15/2009 06:32 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Good info CMWolf!! Another option is made by OPTEX. It is an annunciator that operates soly on batteries outside which last about a year or more! The inside receiver operates on home current and switches to battery when power goes off! You can use 4 covertly mounted pickups around the perimeter of your home up to 1000 feet away from the house! When anyone crosses their path it sets off the receiver in the house with a different sound for each location so you will know what direction they come from before they ever breach the house!! 1st one through the door catches point blank 12 guage 00 buck in the face! It will remove the thinking part from the body! Without it, the body is useless!! End of problem, rest will run!! Model# is RC10U

Monica Lewinsky- amerikan patriot and militia poster girl. Only person in amerika that blew away a crooked president, never served a day in jail and lived to tell about it.
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99808
01/15/2009 10:20 PM
01/15/2009 10:20 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
There are a few things that can legally be done to put the odds in your favor.

One is instead of simply turning on normal room lights turn on extremely bright and powerful lights that will temporarily blind who ever is invading. And if the lights are mounted on the four walls facing toward the center of the room they will blind anyone who has just entered from the dark, and if they are using night vision then well guess what.

Another thing is to use multiple high power photo strobes and if they are combined with very loud sound effects like a machine gun or gun battle played though large speakers powered by a rock band type amplifier that can be the Citizen's flash bang.

Cops have and use Flash Bangs so why can't us Citizens have and use our own versions.

There are also a lot of other things that can be done to make any invader wish they had not invaded like if you have hard floors and not carpets dumping a large number of marbles on the floor can really mess up any group of invaders. Also spraying oil on the floor or setting off Tear Gas or even just smoke canisters can really cause problems for any invaders.

Even having strategically placed mirrors can cause problems.

Anything you as the victim can do to slow down or confuse the invaders gives you an advantage over them.

And if you really want to have fun just combine several of the things I mentioned.

Think of what would happen if the invaders had strobes go off, and then marbles all over the floor and then tear gas went off. And if you had some mirrors they might even shoot each other.

I love watching movies and I think that a lot can be learned from movies.

Take the Movie FX for instance.

The good guy used movie Special Effects to take out the Bad Guys. One thing he did was set up a mirror that caused one Bad Guy to Shoot another Bad Guy by mistake.

And think of what would might happen if a person had a life size photo made of their self pointing a pistol and that was mounted on a wall of a room and when anyone entered the room the lights turned on and the invader saw what he thought was you pointing a gun at him.

The idea is to cause as much confusion as possible and if the invaders are falling all over the place because of steeping on marbles they are so out of luck. And are at the homeowners mercy.

And since none of this is designed to kill or harm it is all legal.

And to counteract the invaders cutting off the power, just use multiple 12 volt Auto Batteries connected to an Inverter. The lights do not have to stay on for very long a couple of minutes will more then suffice.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99809
01/16/2009 09:48 AM
01/16/2009 09:48 AM
43BN-37FF
Rudy Offline
Rudy  Offline
43BN-37FF
The recording of a large dog barking and growling can be played through out the house.

A couple of remote controled lasers in a dark room might frighten them to leave.

Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99810
01/16/2009 11:44 AM
01/16/2009 11:44 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
Threat assessments are done before the operations, if it is considered to be a fortified objective it will not be entered, thats why they developed and deployed shoulder fired Thermobaric explosives weapons, after all the target was known for anti-gov terrorists sympathy booby trap bomb making, plenty of proof in this thread alone to get a jury to convict.

The thermobaric has been battle tested in Afghanistan and tested against large city building in the U.S. and deployed to some federal agencies, it is only a matter of time before they become common in use against fortified position domestically.

Best defense is a good offense wink wink

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Home Defense, excellent thoughts on #99811
01/16/2009 03:10 PM
01/16/2009 03:10 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
This is what I did in my shed...

I took a solar powered flood light, They cost about eighty bucks at home Depot..

I extended the wiring to put the panel on the roof and the light inside the shed. I thought about putting a switch in the sensor line.

So I could turn it off instead of it coming on when shed gets dark inside. Instead I got a movement sensor and replaced the light sensor.

Now when I step into the shed the light comes on at night.

You could do this inside your home, with solar power lights or even your room lights.

Room light switch stays on but isn't activated till movement in room.
They sell those at Home depot too. So you just replace the light switch.

I think I'll try the solar one in case power is cut. wink

Use a motion detector meant for solar lights.I don't know if the regular would work.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.