05/04/2009 02:26 PM
05/04/2009 02:26 PM
PA
P
pofb Offline OP
pofb  Offline OP
P
PA
This is not an ingenious idea or truly original , but is mainly to get people thinking about different methods of preparedness.

The Bag

The idea is to have small cache of supplies for all your basic weapons in a protective container. For me my bag includes my AK47, Winchester 30-30, 12 gauge,and my 1911 .45. This would be for me in case I am only able to grab my weapon(s). Or just for general back up. I place this bag under the drivers seat or anywhere else in my vehicle.

My choice of a protective container is a waterproof ziplock type bag. You can find these at Wally world, camping stores, etc. Here is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/aloksak9x6.html .

In my bag, I include three 30rd mags for my AK, 20rds for 30-30, a box of 25 12 gauge shells, and a 8rd magazine for my .45. I also include some basic cleaning supplies, a pocket knife, pad and pen, zip ties ( tons of uses for these.. improvised handcuffs, etc), ear plugs, a generic carabiner, and so forth. The MOST important part of this bags is the Silica Gel Bag. These adsorb air and moisture when placed into a container. You can find these within food products and other packaged goods. You can also find them online for cheap ( example site: http://www.duckyscoins.com/catalog/product...7627448420c09ca )

The End Result

Make sure of several things. First, that nothing touching the bag is sharp. If so, rearrange it so it does not touch the bag or cover the sharp piece with padding of some sort. Second, make sure the silica bag is in there. Third, check for any rips or holes within the bag. Lastly, make sure to remove as much air as possible.

Another thing would be to reinforce the zip and other edges with duct tape.

Another solution

Beef Jerky bags. First, they have a resealable seal. Second, they come with a Silica gel bag. Lastly, if you do it right, it looks like another Jerky bag.

A normal bag, like shown, can hold a 30rd Ak mag with no problem.

Place these in a pantry, in your backpack, in the car, and so forth. At a general glance you can not tell it is any different.

-pofb

Long live Liberty!
Re: Storing Supplies In Waterproof Bags #99902
05/04/2009 03:21 PM
05/04/2009 03:21 PM
Montana
B
Bona_na_Croin Offline
Bona_na_Croin  Offline
B
Montana
It's good to see you're thinking out of the box. The Beef Jerky bag is a nifty "hidden in plain sight" However if you work with construction workers like I have in the past, the beef jerky gets found real quick in your truck laugh

Another option I highly recomend is Foodsaver bags. Here's the link:

FoodSaver Bags

Sharp items like SKS stripper clips will poke a hole. For a stash such as you are talking about, an extra T-shirt wrapped around the items will not only hide them, but keep sharp edges from poking a hole and destroying the seal.

DO NOT DO NOT SO NOT use the handi vac bags. My expereicne has been a total failure of every bag, out of several boxes of bags! These do not hold up at all. The foodsaver bags are much tougher and seal better.

Bona na Croin- Neither Collar nor Crown

"Free where I live or die where I stand"
Re: Storing Supplies In Waterproof Bags #99903
05/04/2009 03:28 PM
05/04/2009 03:28 PM
PA
P
pofb Offline OP
pofb  Offline OP
P
PA
It's good to see you're thinking out of the box. The Beef Jerky bag is a nifty "hidden in plain sight" However if you work with construction workers like I have in the past, the beef jerky gets found real quick in your truck

~ Bona_na_Croin

lol maybe use a tampon plastic bag...bad joke...

Thanks for your opinion and experience!

Long live Liberty!
Re: Storing Supplies In Waterproof Bags #99904
05/05/2009 03:46 AM
05/05/2009 03:46 AM
43BN-37FF
Rudy Offline
Rudy  Offline
43BN-37FF
I use a sock to pad my magazines.

My magazines are stored dry with no oil. The socks are put in an oven or the microrave to warm them up and remove any moisture. Since I have a good understanding (LARGE FEET), I can put 2 AR15 magazines in one sock.

The wrapped mags are put into a food saver bag along with a large package of desicant. I put a piece of aluminum foil between the magazines and the desicant to protect the magazines even more.

The bags are then vacuumed and sealed shut. I have some bags that have been sealed 15 years.

Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.