SOCAL OA
H
Halcitron Offline OP
Halcitron  Offline OP
H
SOCAL OA
Five Urgent Steps to take IMMEDIATELY to
Protect Yourself from Terrorism and Martial Law

#1. Create a 30-day emergency supply of safe drinking water. Water is your most vital commodity. You can live only a few days without it. So it’s imperative that you immediately create an emergency supply of safe water.

One gallon of safe water per person per day is the bare minimum for survival. Most surplus stores can sell you inexpensive, 50-gallon plastic drums. Properly chlorinated tap water can be safety stored for up to three months. Water purification tablets (vital in a crisis) are also readily available from many surplus and earthquake supply stores.

#2. Stockpile essential medicines and life-saving antibiotics NOW. In the event of a biological or radiological attack anywhere in the U.S., the government will likely take control of all medical supplies.

This will lead to nationwide shortages and rationing, making it impossible for you to get the medications you and your family depend on.

Therefore, you should immediately ask your doctor to prescribe an emergency supply of your regular medicines PLUS preventive antibiotics which can be used to treat the most likely terrorist bio-weapons—anthrax and plague.

#3. Consider getting your family vaccinated for smallpox. As explained earlier, a few terrorists on planes could create a nationwide plague before authorities were even aware of it. Be sure to consult with your doctor about potential risks.

#4. Set up an independent way of heating your home. This is particularly important if you live in a very cold area of the U.S. Even a few days without heat could be life threatening.

BEWARE OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
Keep at least two 4 square inch openings on opposite sides of shelter.

Good alternatives include pellet stoves and gasoline generators. Last winter I bought a 5,000-watt Honda AC generator from Home Depot. My total cost, including installation directly into my home’s electrical system, came to about $1,200. This little generator simultaneously powers two big refrigerators, my burners, microwave, lights, one TV, a computer, and a couple of electric heaters. A few gallons of gasoline give me power all day.

#5. Create an emergency hoard of gold and cash. If a terrorist attack forces you to flee your home or a terrorist hacker attack disrupts our banking system, you will definitely need cash and/or silver and gold. Make sure you have enough money to live on for at least three months—and preferably for six.

These five steps will help you in a crisis. They could even save your life. But they’re just the beginning.

Halcitron(M7-OXX)
M Co 59th Bn CA 9th
Unorganized Militia of California
First Fullerton Militia
Check your six -- DUCK!
Re: Protect Yourself from Terrorism and Martial Law #100078
08/01/2009 03:21 PM
08/01/2009 03:21 PM
Western NE
S
SSG Nod Offline
SSG Nod  Offline
S
Western NE
I agree with all the above. I would like to add that a better investment then gold would be junk silver coins and bullets. If the banking system is down for 3 months it ain't gonna come back. Having enough food to last for a minimum of 6 months per person is vital. After that you can grow a garden and start hunting (or start hunting and gardening to supplement the food stuffs). Buy seeds that are not genetically altered. As many as possible, they don't take up much space and will keep practically forever if they are kept dry.

Bullets, guns, and any tool that would be used on a daily basis will be the currency of the revolution.

20yrs of federal service have taught me how to protect myself from my employer. However, I'd Do It Again For Love Of My Country!

If you don't VOTE you have no right to B!@#H!
Re: Protect Yourself from Terrorism and Martial Law #100079
08/02/2009 05:15 AM
08/02/2009 05:15 AM
SOCAL OA
H
Halcitron Offline OP
Halcitron  Offline OP
H
SOCAL OA
Originally posted by SSG Nod:
I agree with all the above. I would like to add that a better investment then gold would be junk silver coins and bullets. If the banking system is down for 3 months it ain't gonna come back. Having enough food to last for a minimum of 6 months per person is vital. After that you can grow a garden and start hunting (or start hunting and gardening to supplement the food stuffs). Buy seeds that are not genetically altered. As many as possible, they don't take up much space and will keep practically forever if they are kept dry.

Bullets, guns, and any tool that would be used on a daily basis will be the currency of the revolution.
Don't wait until you open your last MRE to plant the seeds for your survival garden, or you will eat the sprouts, before the bean stalk produces a meal. And you need acres of beans to provide enough to harvest for storage and sustainment. Agrarian living is better than surving hand-to-mouth. You need to work at it 12 to 20 hours a day, constantly battling nature, for years. You don't just throw seeds on the ground, eat your MREs and take a nap. MY GOD do you fully realize the labor required to feed you, every day of every week of every year, you've lived?

You need a walnut tree, four almond trees, two peach trees, two apple trees, a grape vine, a lemon tree, grapefruit tree, now!

And get a bee hive, and learn beekeeping.

Sell the city house and move to a rural place weher you can sink a well and build a pond.

Halcitron(M7-OXX)
M Co 59th Bn CA 9th
Unorganized Militia of California
First Fullerton Militia
Check your six -- DUCK!
Re: Protect Yourself from Terrorism and Martial Law #100080
08/02/2009 05:49 AM
08/02/2009 05:49 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
Better have more than 6 months worth of food, even (especially) if you plan on growing more.

Food doesn't grow all year round - it has growing seasons. They may be quite long in the southern parts of the US, but most areas only have one real growing season.

What happens if TSHTF right at the end of a growing season? You eat your 6-months supply of food, and it's still too early to plant anything. If you do, the seeds rot, fail to germinate, go to waste. Remember - in pre-industrial times it's not winter that is the death season, it's late spring and early summer. Thats when the hardest farming work (plowing and planting) has to be done, and the food stocks are depleted from the winter.

And that first cycle, you won't have much of a clue what you're doing, so you better plan on a couple of years worth of food, and a couple of years worth of heirloom (non-hybrid, free breeding) seeds optimized for your location. When we lived in So. Cal we had trees in our back yard - avocados, oranges, date palms, and a hybrid apple (apple tree with 6 different cultivars of apple that had been grafted on) that actually produced fruit.

Here in the eastern part of the pacific northwest, we have apple trees, and some cherries. We have a cutting from an avocado tree, a date palm and an orange tree growing in the sun room - in pots. I doubt they will ever produce (I'm sure about the avocado, it takes 2), but it's nice to see them.

You can actually get quite a lot of food (vegetables, especially) from a small garden - but you can't live on them indefinitely. You also need protein foods (wheat, beans, animal protein) and that takes a lot of room and a lot of energy (human, animal, industrial) to grow. Plus, once the vegetables are grown, they have to be preserved. Historically, the family busted their collective asses during harvest time: The men and older boys harvested and put up, the women and older girls canned (got lots, and I mean LOTS) of canning jars, rings (and most importantly, the lids which are not reuseable)? How about salt (in hundred-pounds quantities)? Sugar (ditto) and spices? Canners, and spare parts for them? How about fuel for the stove so you can repeatedly heat, and cool, and reheat, and recool, ad infinitum, the canner?

Don't forget, you have a fairly limited window of opportunity to get it done before the harvested food spoils on it's own.

More importantly, do you know how to can? Its not hard but I'd hate to think that the first time or two we tried it we were actually depending on it for our lives. It's a skill and improves with practice.

And you can practice now - go find a farmers sales stand, and buy a trunkload of whatever. Go home and get a canner, jars, lids, and recipes, and have at it. Better learn now, while it's easy and McDonalds is still serving heart attacks.

And aside from jars and lids and whatnot, you also need soap and towels and clean water, and a place to put the jars to store them thats safe. And then wash the empty jars out, and store them away (hopefully back in the original boxes) for use next year.

There are three books that are essential for this, imho.

Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living,
http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249231389&sr=8-1

Balls Blue Book of Canning
http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Blue-Boo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249231481&sr=1-1

5 Acres and Independence
http://www.amazon.com/Five-Acres-In..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249231513&sr=1-1

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.