08/09/2009 03:41 PM
08/09/2009 03:41 PM
Mars
S
Special K Offline OP
Special K  Offline OP
S
Mars
I took inventory of my e-gear and, and as is typical of me I was dissatisfied with what I encountered, thus deciding to restock a bunch of items. Here is a question I have pondered many nights regarding the, for lack of a better term 'status', of one's bugout bag (72-hour pack) contents. Where there is a choice does one buy gear in bright rescue colors presuming a situation requiring location and rescue like Katrina or subdued to be able to remain in hiding such as from the Katrina mob/Rodney King riots crowd? 75% of me says buys subdued and the other 25% is rummaging around the fridge looking for a cold drink so I thought I would ask the board for their input...thanks.

Special K out

We will not disarm. You cannot convince us. You cannot intimidate us. You can try to kill us, if you think you can. But remember, we'll shoot back. And we are not going away. Your move… Three Percent.
Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black #100124
08/09/2009 04:18 PM
08/09/2009 04:18 PM
Montana
B
Bona_na_Croin Offline
Bona_na_Croin  Offline
B
Montana
I've kept a BOB in my car for several years. 99% is in subdued colors. However there is a brand new bright orange vest like highway workers use, in case I actually do want to attract attention to myself or have to change a tire along the side of the road.

If I must bug out and don't want to be seen it can stay ion the bag or be left behind.

Bona na Croin- Neither Collar nor Crown

"Free where I live or die where I stand"
Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black #100125
08/09/2009 07:42 PM
08/09/2009 07:42 PM
SOCAL OA
H
Halcitron Offline
Halcitron  Offline
H
SOCAL OA
I keep a safety vest in the car.

A few cans of flat paint in shades of tan, black, green and black offer cammo possibilities.

Just a thought, if you bend a small sapling into a "hairpin" shape to fit your hat, and lash a crossmember to simulate shoulders, you can hang a shirt or vest on it, as a diversion target, to draw fire and waste ammo.

Halcitron(M7-OXX)
M Co 59th Bn CA 9th
Unorganized Militia of California
First Fullerton Militia
Check your six -- DUCK!
Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black #100126
08/10/2009 12:32 AM
08/10/2009 12:32 AM
Western NE
S
SSG Nod Offline
SSG Nod  Offline
S
Western NE
All my stuff is subdued. I have a VS-17 panel for marking LZ's if I really wanna or need to be seen.

20yrs of federal service have taught me how to protect myself from my employer. However, I'd Do It Again For Love Of My Country!

If you don't VOTE you have no right to B!@#H!
Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black #100127
08/10/2009 01:04 AM
08/10/2009 01:04 AM
El Campo, TX
Lostangel Offline
NCO Contributor
Lostangel  Offline
NCO Contributor
El Campo, TX
I have never been in the armned forces. Type 1 Diabetic, so they wouldn't let me enlist. However, I have been bow hunting in south and central Texas all my life. I can dissapear in my AO and be fairly confident that I am hard to find without thermal gear. If they are using thermal imagry, I may as well just give up.

That said, all the gear I have is subdued/camo. I have 6 road flares, and a coast guard flare gun w/flares that I can set off if the need for rescue overwhelms the need for concealment.

I came into this world kicking , screaming and covered in someone else's blood , I've got no problem with going out the same way

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.