L
Logicswitch1 Offline OP
Logicswitch1  Offline OP
L
California
Discovering Wheat Meat

From Preparedness Pro

http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/discovering-wheat-meat/

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #1: Cost. As you may recall, I got pretty darn excited about buying my ground beef for only .78 cents a pound

last month. However, if you consider that 9 cups of wheat gluten is equivalent to 3 pounds of hamburger, “wheat meat” may be a much

more attractive protein purchase for food storage needs. Considering that I just paid just over $10 for a 50 pound bag of hard red

wheat, I think you can see that “wheat meat” is a much better bang for your buck. It’s a lost less expensive than beef, pork, and

chicken!

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #2: Shelf-Life. As you already are aware, wheat has a very, very long shelf-life. Unfortunately your cans of

chicken and beef, as well as your bacon bits, do not.

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #3: Time. Remember what I say about conserving your own physical energy during an emergency? Preparation

and energy times required for wheat gluten and regular meat are very comparable

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #4: Nutrition. As you know, purchasing organic poultry and beef is more expensive than “the regular stuff.” Yet

the regular meat fare is indeed loaded with pesticides, fertilizers, hormones, antibiotics, steroids, dyes, and tranquilizers. (Yum. You’re

salivating already for some KFC, aren’t you?) Today’s beef also contains 6 times more fat than it did in the 1950’s. The quality keeps

going downhill unless you want to pay premium prices. Wheat gluten, however, has none of these toxins in them. “Wheat meat” is

actually an excellent source of protein and 8 amino acids. (Be sure you supplement your “wheat meat” intake with foods containing

Lysine in order to get complete protein nutrition.) It also contains vital vitamins and minerals. Traditional meat requires the use of vital

calcium in your body. Whereas consuming fruits and vegetables (which is what wheat gluten is absorbed as) leads to calcium

absorption for the strength of your body. It also has no cholesterol.

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #5: Physical Energy. Your body requires more physical energy to digest regular meat than it does wheat gluten.

The standard American diet requires the body to use 80 percent of its energy resources to digest food during several cycles of the

day. However, “wheat meat” requires significantly less, thus giving your more energy for your other activities of the day.

“Wheat Meat” Benefit #6: Taste. Not to be misconstrued with tofu, “wheat meat” successfully takes on a variety of tastes and textures

based on simple seasonings. It’s VERY satisfying whether it’s in a ground, sliced, or shredded form. I have been amazed to discover

that I’m eating “wheat meat” rather than a piece of tender steak in a fajita. It’s also great in sweet dishes like puddings and candies as

well.

http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/discovering-wheat-meat/

Good Food For Thought,
LS1

Re: Discovering Wheat Meat #100138
08/28/2009 07:51 PM
08/28/2009 07:51 PM
louisville kentucky
F
free radical Offline
Officer Contributor
free radical  Offline
Officer Contributor
F
louisville kentucky
do you have that in medium rare?

fomerly known as Kentucky Rifleman
Re: Discovering Wheat Meat #100139
08/29/2009 01:43 AM
08/29/2009 01:43 AM
California
L
Logicswitch1 Offline OP
Logicswitch1  Offline OP
L
California
Medium Rare?

The porterhouse and ribeye needs a bit of work but You should try this Sauced Seitan Steak

http://www.veganappetite.com/2008/08/sauced-seitan-steak-with-orzo-rice.html

and this T-bone can be ready for your enjoyment in 12 to 18 months. When you'll want it most.

http://blogs.southshorenow.ca/vegan/files/2008/04/moms-tbone-plate.jpg

Who says a militia can't eat good?

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.