10/14/2009 03:45 AM
10/14/2009 03:45 AM
Michigan
B
Brewer Offline OP
Brewer  Offline OP
B
Michigan
I thought that it may be beneficial to all to have a list of idea's on how to build better community relations. When it comes right down to it your community is your only source of support in a catastrophic survival situation. Not all of us, infact few of us, are social butterflies. The fact that most are survivalists/hunters/soldiers means we ain't too dainty. So, sitting around gabbing isn't our strong point.

Please list any ideas that you may have of how to better build community relations. These could be anything from wild game dinners to sponsoring or organizing charities/community gathering/festivals.

We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!
Re: Building Community Relations #100201
10/14/2009 04:02 AM
10/14/2009 04:02 AM
Texas
M
MirabeauCalls Offline
MirabeauCalls  Offline
M
Texas
As a veterinarian I spend a lot of time interacting with the people and, needless to say, people love their pets. I work out of my home and for the most part do work with farmers and ranchers in my area. This allows me to speak with them on various subjects and from time to time we get to politics. We almost always find out we have a lot in common and with a little digging I wouldn't be shocked to find out they are very interested in getting involved in creation of militias to defend their property from big businesses and the expansionist suburban plight.

It is just a matter of finding a weak point (in my case, animals) and using it to get inside their world, not to pry, but to explore the possibilities and simply get the idea in their head. They seem to think that militias are different, when in reality we are just as hardworking, concerned and, to be frank, blue collar, as the rest of America.

Small connections can yield big rewards.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
--------------------
Open your eyes and read the writing on the wall America!
Re: Building Community Relations #100202
10/14/2009 04:54 AM
10/14/2009 04:54 AM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
So you're a veterinarian? How good are you working on people?

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: Building Community Relations #100203
10/14/2009 05:22 AM
10/14/2009 05:22 AM
Texas
M
MirabeauCalls Offline
MirabeauCalls  Offline
M
Texas
Never had to do anything like that. I could do it in a pinch.

Though my son is going to become an EMT, he will be far more useful than myself both in a firefight and in a medical situation.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
--------------------
Re: Building Community Relations #100204
10/14/2009 05:59 AM
10/14/2009 05:59 AM
Upstate New York
T
Tahawus Offline
Tahawus  Offline
T
Upstate New York
Originally posted by SGTBloodLoss:
So you're a veterinarian? How good are you working on people?
You, sir, are something else. Always thinking, lol! Seriously, MirabeauCalls, can you treat humans if you had to? Especially for GSWs or traumatic injuries?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but that is a very interesting question.

As to the original post, maybe a low-key neighborhood watch might be a good thing for some folks. I am guilty of not knowing a lot of my neighbors.

Re: Building Community Relations #100205
10/14/2009 08:17 AM
10/14/2009 08:17 AM
Texas
M
MirabeauCalls Offline
MirabeauCalls  Offline
M
Texas
BACK TO THE TASK AT HAND GENTLEMEN! smile

I think we need to start getting more connections with suburban hunters and the like, I know several in my area who would eagerly enlist in local militias... the issue is weeding out the jumpy, the sheep and the blind followers. We need thinkers when the SHTF, we need people on our side but not so much as to stifle all creative thought. We must bring people in slowly, we need teachers, not angry gun toting indoctrinators. And we must explain to the populace that we feel for them and do not simply want them as a meatshield, but as a human and patriot.

@ Tahawus & SGT
I could do GSW with some reviews on human anatomy, how much different could it be from sewing up buckshot wounds or .22 holes in dogs, cows or cats? (People are sick)

--------------------

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.