12/21/2009 09:23 AM
12/21/2009 09:23 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline OP
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline OP
F
Anyone want to buy a slightly burned up convection oven?

My wife was doing her holiday baking (ginger snaps, right now) and all of a sudden she's yelling to shut the breakers off for the kitchen....And the smoke detector is going off.

We had a slight malfunction.. Breakers, 9-1-1, Extinguisher (PASS - pull, aim, squeeze, sweep). Got the fire knocked down, no damage to the rest of the kitchen (that batch of ginger snaps is kind of ruined, but no big deal). The FD just left, they were nice enough to haul the old oven outside for me. Being the EMS director has it's perks (not really, they'd do it for anyone)

So, we're off to the city to buy a new oven. The old one was working great, we didn't have any problems with it until today. I don't know why it shorted out, it was clean, etc.

The moral of the story: Have a plan for everything, and the equipment to back it up.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile
Re: Well, that was exciting.. #100318
12/21/2009 01:04 PM
12/21/2009 01:04 PM
Sticks
B
Ben Offline
Ben  Offline
B
Sticks
Good Work! A major disaster prevented from getting out of hand. Thinking on the feet and having a plan!

Time to check my smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and re-evaluate my plans for emergencies.

-Ben
Re: Well, that was exciting.. #100319
12/21/2009 02:49 PM
12/21/2009 02:49 PM
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline OP
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline OP
F
Thanks. Got a new smoke alarm, got a new oven, got them both installed, and ordered a replacement fire extinguisher (I've got to find someone who can recharge them).

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.