11/15/2010 06:37 PM
11/15/2010 06:37 PM
A Co 119th Bat 46th FF
O
okietwister Offline OP
okietwister  Offline OP
O
A Co 119th Bat 46th FF
by Harbinger; Ironic, I got a letter today wanting me to give the power co. permission to install a device to control my heat/air. But I was offered a 25 dollar a year credit on my bill and I get to pick 2 days a year to use it like I want. I was wondering where to post this. Wonder how long before its imposed without asking?
I will let you know from some conversations I've had with our local electric coop that the time is coming. They say the the feds are going to start requiring this system on all houses because of the new climate laws coming to play.

I am working toward removing myself as much as possible from the grid. I primarily use wood for heat and propane as backup, if they try to control my LP furnace then I will install a wall unit that doesn't use electricity. I am also working on designing a ground source cooling system that doesn't require a compressor like the current heat pump styles use.

My suggestion is to get as far away from electricity as you can. Use other means of heat and cooling, I am also designing a secondary lighting system to install in my house that uses 12v DC, like is in travel trailers. Its fairly simple and very economical to install and safe. All you need to do is run another wire set to each room for the 12v system, you must purchase 12v DC switches. Purchase the 12v lighting from the RV store and you have it. Then you can easily use smaller solar panels and smaller wind generators without the converters and multiple battery packs.

You can even build 12v fan setups for moving your propane heat in your current ducts throughout your house. 12v DC was the primary source for all power before AC current took over many years ago.
I use propane for my cooking, water heat, and as a backup for primary heating. I want as far away from AC as I can get, its going to get more costly to stay on the grid very soon.

If your electronic savvy alot of electronics can be modified to operate on 12v DC with just minor mods. Internet routers use 12v after the transformer, your computer towers use 5v and 12v, I'm not sure on the new monitors. Some tvs can be modified to use 12v, just think about all the possibilities there could be with some work and ingenuity.

I WILL DEFEND MY FREEDOMS & LIBERTIES AGAINST ANY THREAT BOTH FOREIGN & DOMESTIC, AT ANY COST, SO HELP ME GOD!!!
Re: Smart Grid Technology #100897
11/16/2010 01:40 AM
11/16/2010 01:40 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Smart grid is just a tool to monitor your use of electricity. The limit switch has been in use for the past 10 to 15 years. The electric companies use it to reduce their Peak load purchase costs. It just reduces the load by accepting a Digital signal to cut off you hot water heater, A/C, Heater, on cue. Then by rotating the on's and offs no one gets left out and they don't peak as bad.
If you leave the grid completely you are setting yourself up for being declared a RESOURCE in case of major outage. They CAN under the EMERGENCY POWERS laws of most states come pull your power for emergency use. (How about a police dispatcher in your living room while you and your family move to a FEMA shelter?).
Though I have been accused of having an Aluminum helmet in my closet. I believe that installing low level Solar and wind for specific uses is a better way than opting off the grid and becoming a targeted source.
If you select specific items in your home to become Solar powered you are better off. Like a fridge in the garage and your Deep Freezer. How about one or two rooms where their is Solar backup outlets that can power radios and some lights that won't be seen outside. With some of the emerging heaters like the EMTEMP pull less than 4AMPS of power and can heat up to 500 SQ feet. Then one line in the kitchen to run a Microwave built into the cabinets with a switch to change the power to the Solar. Then the addition of a water from air device is always needed.
It s your choice,but this morning the wires are again warning about a CYBER ATTACK. If that s the next Red Flag life will become very hard indeed.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.