12/09/2010 03:23 AM
12/09/2010 03:23 AM
north of you
D
DAWG Offline OP
DAWG  Offline OP
D
north of you
I want to buy more silver.I don't want a piece of paper that tells me I own it. I want the stuff in my hand.

Anyone know the best way to buy it?
Bar?
Coin?
Jewelry?

Or just a company that will sell it to me. I want my monies worth.

If you don't want to post it here, e-mail or PM me.

Thanks
Dawg

Commander
Maine Patriot Militia
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100910
12/09/2010 06:42 AM
12/09/2010 06:42 AM
Twilight Zone
T
Total Resistance Offline
Total Resistance  Offline
T
Twilight Zone
Coins.

Buy locally at coin stores or check ebay depending on price.

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100911
12/09/2010 11:31 AM
12/09/2010 11:31 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
not sure what you do or a living, but I have had good success by selling at a lower price for pre-1964 coins.
One customer pays me in proof silver dollar coins. Some list as high as 41% of 999.99 pure. When the FRN's drop off the charts those with real silver will gain value over their numismatic value.
In January when the OBAMA HEALTH starts kicking in the feds will know more about your buying and selling of Silver and gold than you do.

Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100912
12/12/2010 08:23 AM
12/12/2010 08:23 AM
north of you
D
DAWG Offline OP
DAWG  Offline OP
D
north of you
I was just told that early copper pennies are worth 3 cents. I wonder if they could be a way of buying coins that will be of greater value and selling them as scrap?

Commander
Maine Patriot Militia
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100913
12/12/2010 08:27 AM
12/12/2010 08:27 AM
north of you
D
DAWG Offline OP
DAWG  Offline OP
D
north of you
Do not ignore copper either! Every U.S. Penny 1982 & ealier has 3 cents worth of copper! Buy rolls of pennies ...I found that about 1/3 of most rolls still are pre 1982 pennies....200% increase in value! Copper is now at almost $4 per lb!

Banks get rolls of coins from customers (don't bother with "Fed Wrapped" (all new stuff)....ask for the customer rolled quarters & dimes....1964 & earlier is 90% sliver...making a quarter worth about $6.

Commander
Maine Patriot Militia
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100914
12/20/2010 09:15 PM
12/20/2010 09:15 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Originally posted by DAWG:
I want to buy more silver.I don't want a piece of paper that tells me I own it. I want the stuff in my hand.

Anyone know the best way to buy it?
Bar?
Coin?
Jewelry?

Or just a company that will sell it to me. I want my monies worth.

If you don't want to post it here, e-mail or PM me.

Thanks
Dawg
I don't know how I missed this thread!

I would recommend cash purchases of silver at either a local coin shop or pawn shop.

Figure to pay about $1 above spot, so today $30 for one troy ounce would be very reasonable.

Personally, I prefer .999 fine silver rounds over 90%, pre-1965 "junk" silver coinage.

Nickels are the easiest to inventory, as they require no sorting, and the metal value is about the same as a $1 coin.

In order to find the values for U.S. Coinage, such as pre-82 pennies (half the pennies produced in 1982 were zinc, and therefore all 1982 pennies require sorting with the "ring" test) and pre-65 silver, check out this web-site:

coinflation.com.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100915
12/21/2010 03:59 PM
12/21/2010 03:59 PM
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
F
Fighting Pilot Offline
Fighting Pilot  Offline
F
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
It's not silver, but don't forget nickels! Right now they're 75% copper and worth ~6.6 cents in their metal content. No sorting required either - until BHO starts debasing them within the next year or two.

This was just on Survivalblog.com:

Letter Re: U.S. Nickel Five Cent Piece Value Increasing

Hi Jim,

Just a friendly reminder that the melt value of U.S. nickel [five cent piece]s are inching up in price again. Their metallic content made them worth 6.5 cents, the last time I checked. The impostor to the presidency recently signed the "Coin Adulteration, Debasement, and Value Theft Act of 2010" also known as "The Coin Modernization, Oversight, and Continuity Act of 2010". This may be driving up the price of the currently circulating real nickels. Regards, - Randy F.

JWR Replies: SurvivalBlog readers should consider the newly-enacted legislation their "last call" to acquire nickels by the roll or by the banker's box of rolls, at face value. Once a new debased (presumably stainless steel) "nickel" is issued, you will have to laboriously sort coins. Yes, I'm sure magnetic discrimination sorting machines will quickly become available, but for now, there is no labor required whatsoever. So stock up. Once the value of a genuine nickel hits two times its face value, Gresham's Law dictates that they will quickly be driven out of circulation. The same thing happened when American 90% silver coins were replaced by silver-flashed copper tokens, in 1965.

I can't provide you plans to build a time machine to take you back to 1964--to stock up on silver coins at face value--but I can clue you in about nickels. History is about to repeat itself. Take my advice, and stock up. In a few years, you will be very glad that you did.

I predict that ten years from now, or perhaps even sooner, pre-2011 nickels will be traded in $100 face value bags.

At present, it is illegal to melt or export U.S. pennies or nickels, but that is likely to change, once inflation drives them out of circulation.

As I've previously noted in SurvivalBlog, inflation of the US dollar has been chronic, cumulative, and insidious. So much so that turns of phrase from old movies like "penny candy" and "its your nickel" (to describe the cost of a call on a pay phone) now seem quaint and outdated. When inflation goes on long enough, the number of digits required to express a price grows too large. (As has been seen with the Italian lira, the Zimbabwean dollar, and countless other currencies. One whitewash solution to chronic inflation that several other nations have chosen is dropping one, two, or even three zeros from their currency, in an overnight revaluation, with a mandatory paper currency exchange. The history of the past century has shown that when doing so, most governments re-issue only new paper currency, but leave the old coinage in circulation, at the same face value. This is because the sheer logistics of a coinage swap would be daunting. Typically, this leaves the holders of coinage as the unexpected beneficiaries of a 10X, 100X or even 1,000X gain of the purchasing power of their coins. Governments just assume that most citizens just have a couple of pocketfuls of coins at any given time. So if a currency swap were to happen while you are sitting on a big pile of nickels, then you would make a handsome profit. To "cash in", you could merely spend your saved nickels in the new currency regime. Imagine a nickel buying a gallon of gas once again.

"Through endurance we conquer."
- Shackleton
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100916
06/30/2011 08:24 AM
06/30/2011 08:24 AM
N. E. Georgia
I
illbfrank Offline
illbfrank  Offline
I
N. E. Georgia
I use Providentmetals.com. They have the best prices. Also check on the Classifieds/Trading post/For Sale sections of forums like this. I just got a great deal on some silver at 24hourcampfire.com in the Classified section near the bottom of the list.

Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100917
07/06/2011 09:51 AM
07/06/2011 09:51 AM
Tennessee
B
BigDukeSix Offline
BigDukeSix  Offline
B
Tennessee
Coin dealer buy what they call "Junk silver" coins not worth collecting but still silver, most time you can get it for close to spot price.

"Breath Deep It Could Be Your Last"
Re: Where is the best place to buy Silver? #100918
07/20/2011 02:02 AM
07/20/2011 02:02 AM
Eastern MN
A
ancientskills Offline
ancientskills  Offline
A
Eastern MN
Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Search the silver weekly. Most of the time you will find the Electroplate Silver, which is the junk. However, I have bought sterling creamers, bowls, etc. on several occasions. For just a few bucks.

John 1:1 Ev apxn nv O loyos, kai O loyos nv TTpos tov 0eov, kai 0eos nv O loyos.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.