04/03/2013 06:26 AM
04/03/2013 06:26 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline OP
The Greywolf  Offline OP
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
If you didn't prepare your garden in the late Fall...Now is the time to get out there and add the nourishment it needs to produce...Be careful with the manure, you could easily over do it..Roto-till and according to where you live time to put in the cool weather plants..

I spent most of the winter fencing off a couple of my places to allow free range of my chickens with out worries of coyotes and dogs..

I just purchase some more hens and a commercial incubator, I made the brooder..

I built a movable cage area about 20" by 40'..I use it to put the pullets in after they no longer need heat support, They grow to selling size in this large cage, I move it around a acre field..

They can stay in one spot about 9 days, then I roll the cage to the next 9 day section..

I figure it would take all summer to use the entire field, and most of the field will regenerate, before I get to the end.

So let's get on the ball, and set up your homestead..

No reason to wait as you can see...

So if any of you have questions about setting up your homestead, here is where you can do it..If I can't answer there are plenty others here who can..

New place is catching up to the old one.

greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: time to prepare your garden and information thread #101468
04/03/2013 07:16 AM
04/03/2013 07:16 AM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
That's the idea.

Re: time to prepare your garden and information thread #101469
12/15/2013 06:59 AM
12/15/2013 06:59 AM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
Living in suburbia... I have a good supply of ash and maple leaves... These get mowed up to break them up, then dug into the soil... Another layer each week till I run out of leaves. Cover this with a layer of compost and more leaves for a blanket. By spring the worms and general decomp have broken it all down.

Fall is the time for this work.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.