07/24/2014 08:06 AM
07/24/2014 08:06 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
If you\'re a fan of George Noory, this is probably old news. If you're not, you may not know just how dangerous a massive solar flare could be - you sure don't hear about it much in the mainstream press. But experts are saying it's only a matter of time before one of these things hit. Are you prepared?

...If an asteroid big enough to knock modern civilization back to the 18th century appeared out of deep space and buzzed the Earth-Moon system, the near-miss would be instant worldwide headline news.

Two years ago, Earth experienced a close shave just as perilous, but most newspapers didn’t mention it. The “impactor” was an extreme solar storm, the most powerful in as much as 150+ years…

Extreme solar storms pose a threat to all forms of high-technology. They begin with an explosion–a “solar flare”—in the magnetic canopy of a sunspot. X-rays and extreme UV radiation reach Earth at light speed, ionizing the upper layers of our atmosphere; side-effects of this “solar EMP” include radio blackouts and GPS navigation errors. Minutes to hours later, the energetic particles arrive. Moving only slightly slower than light itself, electrons and protons accelerated by the blast can electrify satellites and damage their electronics. Then come the CMEs, billion-ton clouds of magnetized plasma that take a day or more to cross the Sun-Earth divide. Analysts believe that a direct hit by an extreme CME such as the one that missed Earth in July 2012 could cause widespread power blackouts, disabling everything that plugs into a wall socket. Most people wouldn’t even be able to flush their toilet because urban water supplies largely rely on electric pumps…

According to a study by the National Academy of Sciences, the total economic impact could exceed $2 trillion or 20 times greater than the costs of a Hurricane Katrina. Multi-ton transformers damaged by such a storm might take years to repair....
NASA estimates there's a 12% chance one of these could hit in the next ten years. I blame George Bush.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Sun Almost Destroyed Civilization Two Years Ago #101620
07/25/2014 06:17 AM
07/25/2014 06:17 AM
OH.
D Offline
D  Offline
OH.
I hope I'm ready. I even still have distributers that use points and condensers for both of my trucks and motorcycle. Ya just never know what you will need when it goes down.

D

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.