6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
D
Deactivated Offline OP
Officer Contributor
Deactivated  Offline OP
Officer Contributor
D
6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
Long term storage. Yet fast storage? Can this be accomplished?

Many of us likely have more firearms than we can carry. In a WROL situation how can we best secure these items before linkup. I can see the agony of having to do a hasty demill with cad weld. Issuing them to neighbors could be an option IF you know their character well enough to hand them a firearm in the chaos.

Likewise we all probably have an abundance of TA-50. Gone are the days of being able to leave everything but your Line Item gear. Reloading equipment, comms equipment, Medical equipment, food water SIP stuff. Supporting logistics of just those first two items alone is another 200 plus pounds of stuff.

Many of us have collected a supply depot worth of stuff. Sadly, much of it will have to be left behind. The question I present is what plans can be made to secure and disburse these items in the event that operations are going to require you to move your family out of the AO before the commencement of operations.

A neighborhood plan whereas you stand your ground seems a most beneficial plan. Yet let us look at some neighborhoods. If it were a divisive neighborhood then most assuredly some fighting would take place. The better trained more cohesive teams will prevail. Identification of allies Most important. Second is what mechanism for Identification? Something passive and innocuous that does not scream alliance an article of clothing, the color of boot, and or shoe laces. The color of a belt. The safety pin.

Overlapping A.O.’s this could be a potential problem. I digress .

Equipment left behind in serviceable condition may be used against you hence the dilemma of standing depots. Best solution to date was an auxiliary stay behind cadre that continue the air of normalcy as best as they could while preventing equipment theft.

This in turn requires additional personnel with additional training that is different from the training of the “Kinetic Action” forces.

Will a person even have time to E&E the family unit?

Attended a conference this summer that discussed this. Then and now no solid answers seem available.

erwy 436 t7u65478u4we6bhp8u5ureuet45ujdb4tyu57uwetr6ukuilkr
Re: Left behind Equipment #101866
11/29/2016 04:52 PM
11/29/2016 04:52 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
You need to permanently own boxes, crates, hand trucks and small platform dollies. Shelving and lumber are a big deal. Years ago I invested in lumber and a bracket system for putting shelving in storage units but the Home Depot style shelving systems are more common and fairly cost effective if you get them used. A lot of my project stuff and parts for my trailers and even stuff at the Diaxaris retreat all came from a single job I did at Best Buy. I was talking about the retreat project with some managers, and they were thinking that as remote as the chances are of shit hitting the fan, it's not exactly a bad idea either, and they started coming up with stuff to contribute to the cause. All tearout and recycle stuff anyway, but enough to really be a help.

Whenever I settle to locations and start making furniture like workbenches, cabinets and stuff like that, any piece of furniture that comes in too large for me to personally pick up and carry gets wheels built right into the design.

When I started the build-in for the kitchen at the Diaxaris project, the kitchen island was on wheels. I would have done the entire kitchen lower cabinet set and counter on wheels if Strat had gone with it. I even had plans for the new stuff to use quick detach couplings on the sink attachments. As it was, it had been left in place along with some pretty nice furniture for the thieves to claim.

I was watching a documentary a while back where some Army officers were accompanying rock bands and performance groups on tour just to learn and exchange ideas on how to travel since the bands and production companies use a lot of electronics in a similar fashion to setting up headquarters and communications operations at the batallion and division level. For example major concert tours.

I'll tell you what's quick, dirty and effective for marking friendlies you issue the stuff to, and really great for that dirt cheap three color desert camo gear, or any mismatch gear - Krylon that shit. The trooper gets all suited up, mismatch stuff and all, and do it like an impatient but clever nine year old does with this GI Joe stuff, cover their head and Krylon pattern all of the person, head to toe, pillowcase over their head, put their hat and or helmet on, the whole thing. You would be surprised how effective it is to take that goofy three color desert stuff and tiger stripe it up with sage green and then dark green, or dark green and black. Not total coverage mind you, but the pattern goes head to toe. Same goes for the dark stuff, the black and OD green, you stripe that over with tan, and suddenly your mismatch stuff starts looking less mismatch and nobody in their right mind will go messing around with every possible color pattern of krylon camo on good gear just to have the potential for being able to infiltrate your little neighborhood patrol squad, especially if you do it as some sort of swearing in or appointment ceremony where everybody sees it and knows who your guys are and can authenticate anyone who was there for the "spray in" ceremony. Don'r forget, they are masked for the spray-in, so if you keep archive pictures of the guys and post them up as the legit neighborhood watch, you are not violating their PERSEC. All that Krylon vandalized gear is also suddenly not really worth as much if they play slick and think they are just going to offload it on ebay.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.