10/25/2007 09:34 AM
10/25/2007 09:34 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
I had never heard of one of those either. Pretty scary, isn't it?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149726
11/19/2007 10:54 PM
11/19/2007 10:54 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This kind of thing almost never happens, does it?

An Accokeek couple is demanding an apology after Prince George's County Sheriff's Deputies burst into their home and killed their dog - all because deputies went to the wrong address.

Pam and Frank Myers were tucked away in their home Friday night watching a movie when the warrant squad pounced.

[...]

They wouldn't let me go to the bathroom which is like seven feet down the hall," said Frank Myers.

"it was terrifying. I can't sit on my couch at night any more. I'm looking over my shoulder the whole time," said Pam Myers.

The Myers say the deputies knew immediately they had raided the wrong home. They say it could have ended with an apology, until the couple heard two shots from the yard.

"And I said, 'You just shot my dog," said Pam Myers, through tears. "I just wanted to go out and hold her a bit. They wouldn't even let me go out."

The couple's five-year-old boxer Pearl was killed. The deputy says he feared for his life. They say the dog would bark but was no danger to the deputies.

The house the elite, well-trained, highly professional police unit was looking for was two doors down.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149727
11/20/2007 03:55 AM
11/20/2007 03:55 AM
NW Central Ohio
W
Wyrm Offline
Wyrm  Offline
W
NW Central Ohio
They 'feared for their life' because of a BOXER?!?!?!?!!??!!!! What, were they afraid she was going to slobber them to death? Or pee all over them in her excitement over seeing some strange new people?

Insert something witty here
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149728
11/20/2007 01:07 PM
11/20/2007 01:07 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Man, it's getting bad out there folks! Got so anymore a man has to sit on his couch with 12 guage in hand pointed at door with safety off just to watch the evening news. I've got a better idea! Just rig the shotgun at the door and sit back and relax. If something goes wrong, pick up the shotgun and go finish the rest!!

Monica Lewinsky- amerikan patriot and militia poster girl. Only person in amerika that blew away a crooked president, never served a day in jail and lived to tell about it.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149729
11/20/2007 01:21 PM
11/20/2007 01:21 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I fear it's only going to get worse Patriot, looks like they are testing to see how far they can go before someone steps in and tells them too far...

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149730
11/21/2007 10:48 AM
11/21/2007 10:48 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
It's a good thing this almost never happens:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14656397/detail.html

SWAT goes into the wrong apartment--after shooting gas into it--and leaves a mess. A single mother and her two children now have nowhere to live.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149731
11/29/2007 02:32 PM
11/29/2007 02:32 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado

Monica Lewinsky- amerikan patriot and militia poster girl. Only person in amerika that blew away a crooked president, never served a day in jail and lived to tell about it.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149732
11/29/2007 07:52 PM
11/29/2007 07:52 PM
NW Central Ohio
W
Wyrm Offline
Wyrm  Offline
W
NW Central Ohio
Originally posted by Patriot:
Here's you another one Air Force:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8T7ELUG0&show_article=1?ic
Stun Gun Used on Pregnant Woman in Ohio

TROTWOOD, Ohio (AP) - A policeman forced a pregnant woman to the ground and used a stun gun on her when she refused to answer the officer's questions and resisted being handcuffed, authorities said Thursday.

The woman went to the police department in this Dayton suburb on Nov. 18 to ask officers to take custody of her 1-year-old son, said Michael Etter, Trotwood's public safety director.

The woman told the officer she was "tired of playing games" with the baby's father, Etter said. The woman refused to answer questions, became frustrated and tried to leave with the child, Etter said. The officer feared allowing her to leave could jeopardize the child and he decided to detain her to get more information.

He said the officer grabbed the woman, got the child away from her and forced her to the ground. When she resisted being handcuffed and tried to get away, the officer used the stun gun on her, Etter said.

The woman wore a winter coat and did not tell the officer she was pregnant, Etter said. "She was totally uncooperative," he said.

The woman was arrested for obstruction and resisting arrest and transported to jail, Etter said. When she arrived at the jail, it was discovered that she was pregnant, and an officer took her to the hospital, he said. The condition of the woman and the fetus was not known.

The FBI is investigating the arrest and Etter said the police department is conducting its own probe to determine whether excessive force was used.

He said the officer remains on duty.
=================

What SHOULD the sheep have learned from this?

1) The police are not your friends.
2) Never, never, NEVER initiate a conversation with the cops. If you do, you are done talking when THEY SAY you are done talking.
3) No one is immune to getting a beat-down by the po-po.
4) The cops will use any excuse they can find to get you on paper. SHE went to talk to THEM, they did NOT seek HER out. Yet here she is, arrested. If there wasn't already a record on her, there is now.

Now, here's what the sheep WILL learn from this:

Hey, isn't one of those shows about people trying to sing on? Quick, change the channel.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149733
11/29/2007 11:02 PM
11/29/2007 11:02 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Thanks, guys! I'll pass this one along. we need all the help we can get! smile

At first blush, I can certainly see why the officer would be concerned. A baby in the hands of an apparently unstable person is not a safe situation. When the woman tried to leave, abandoning the baby, there was certainly reason to detain her, and the officer is authorized to use reasonable force to detain her.

This seems to be a tough call to me. the woman appeared to be a danger to herself and others, but there is no easy way to detain a resisting woman without some use of force, and any use of force implies some risk.

With the presence of the infant, use of pepper spray would be ruled out. Takedowns or joint locks are frowned upon with mentally unstable individuals, and a baton probably has more risk of injury than does the taser. (I'm assuming, of course, the officer did not know the woman was pregnant, which seems reasonable.)

I suppose the biggest fault I can find is in not calling for paramedics immediately. Here in Tulsa, that is standard procedure anytime force is used. it seems to me a trip to the hospital emergency room--where a doctor can determine if she needs psychiatric help--would be called for in this case, before a trip to the jail.

But this is all speculation on my part. In any event, this is joining a long list.

Again, thanks for the help. Keep it up!

Onward and upward
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149734
11/30/2007 04:41 AM
11/30/2007 04:41 AM
NW Central Ohio
W
Wyrm Offline
Wyrm  Offline
W
NW Central Ohio
Originally posted by airforce:

At first blush, I can certainly see why the officer would be concerned. A baby in the hands of an apparently unstable person is not a safe situation. When the woman tried to leave, abandoning the baby, there was certainly reason to detain her, and the officer is authorized to use reasonable force to detain her.
Airforce, I dont see anywhere that it says she tried to abandon the baby.

"became frustrated and tried to leave with the child, Etter said."

She tried to take him with her.

A baby in the hands of an apparently unstable person
Did you read a different article than I did? I didn't see anything about that, either. She got frustrated with the pigs and tried to leave...that I can understand. I don't think that makes her mentally unstable.

the woman appeared to be a danger to herself and others
Once again, I'm not seeing it. If you have a link to an article that's different from the one I read, please post it. Otherwise, I don't see how getting frustrated with the asinine questions cops ask makes anyone a danger.

I suppose the biggest fault I can find is in not calling for paramedics immediately.
The biggest fault I can find, based on the article I posted (which is where Patriot's link took me, maybe it's a different article now, who knows), is:

In essence, she went to THEM to file a complaint. At some point, she reconsidered, and decided she didn't want to after all. But the cop wasn't going to just let it go at that.

Let's use the same basic problem, but in a different circumstance:

Back in 2001, someone illegally entered my house on Christmas Eve. I was going to say broke in, but it wasn't really a break-in since my wife accidentally left the door to the back porch unlocked. Our kitchen door was barred from the inside, so they couldn't get into the house itself, just the porch. There were tool marks on the doorway where someone tried to break in to the house, but was unsuccessful. Since they couldn't get into the house, they just stole a frozen turkey out of the freezer on the porch.

When we noticed the marks on Christmas Day, we called the police. The cop that came looked at everything and basically told me there wasn't much that could be done, but I could file a report anyway if I wanted to (yeah, our cops here are just wonderful, very adept at their jobs). I decided that I really didn't want my name and address in the newspaper, esp. if they weren't going to catch the crook.

Now, using my example, let's use her circumstances. If the same thing that happened to her had happened to me, when I declined to file a report I would have been badgered, intimidated, and finally thrown to the ground, tasered, handcuffed, and finally, gotten a trip to the county jail. And for what? For not wanting to file a complaint.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149735
11/30/2007 09:32 AM
11/30/2007 09:32 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
From the article:

The woman went to the police department in this Dayton suburb on Nov. 18 to ask officers to take custody of her 1-year-old son, said Michael Etter, Trotwood's public safety director.

I think you would agree this is not normal behavior. I'll grant you, parents can get frustrated with their children, and cops do sometimes get calls asking them to take children away. (These are usually handled pretty easily; most often, the other parent is called, or another family member, to take temporary custody of the child.)

This one, however, is far different. The woman tried to leave the baby with the officer and, when he started asking questions, she picked up the baby and tried to leave. If I were the cop, I would have three questions: Who is she? Where is she going? What does she plan to do when she gets there?

Now, I should tell you, I am a corrections officer at the county jail, and I work security part-time at a couple apartment complexes. It is not unusual to have someone claim they're suicidal. (They're usually hoping to score some drugs from the jail infirmary.)

But this appears real. Women just don't try to give away their baby, then try to leave in a hurry without even identifying themselves. This woman may as well have had "suicidal" tattooed on her forehead.

If I were the cop in question, I would certainly be concerned for the welfare of the woman, the baby, and any other children she may have had. I would have detained her, until it could be determined she is not a danger to herself or others.

As you might imagine, Radley Balko and I have a different outlook on many incidents. (As he freely admits, I have "been there" and he hasn't.) We're trying to get more information about this, but I'm not optimistic we will; the woman's medical records will be private, of course, so we won't know her state of mind.

This is not to say I think this situation was handled as well as it should have been. As i said above, this woman probably should have been taken to the hospital emergency room, rather than the jail. Was it really necessary to taser her? I don't know yet but, based on my experience, the cop was right in using whatever force was necessary to detain her. He may very well have saved her life, or the life of another, by doing so.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149736
12/03/2007 10:00 AM
12/03/2007 10:00 AM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Here's another video. I don't think anyone can deny that this cop is an a$$hole!!

http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149737
12/03/2007 03:40 PM
12/03/2007 03:40 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I don't think anyone can deny that this cop is an a$$hole!!
Yep. By my count, 99 seconds from getting pulled over until the guy gets a ride on the Taser. More troubling to me is how many people watch these videos and find nothing wrong with them. I realize these people aren’t being as respectful with the police as they ought to be (if for their own safety, if not out of courtesy). But if we’ve gotten to the point where a paralyzing jolt of electricity is now an acceptable punishment for getting uppity with a police officer (or in this case, for not bowing to the officer’s uppity-ness), well, that's just wrong.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149738
12/03/2007 04:47 PM
12/03/2007 04:47 PM
S. Kitsap, WA
C
CelticWarrior Offline
CelticWarrior  Offline
C
S. Kitsap, WA
[b]I don't think anyone can deny that this cop is an a$$hole!!
Yep. By my count, 99 seconds from getting pulled over until the guy gets a ride on the Taser. More troubling to me is how many people watch these videos and find nothing wrong with them. I realize these people aren’t being as respectful with the police as they ought to be (if for their own safety, if not out of courtesy). But if we’ve gotten to the point where a paralyzing jolt of electricity is now an acceptable punishment for getting uppity with a police officer (or in this case, for not bowing to the officer’s uppity-ness), well, that's just wrong.

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
This one made my blood boil. Makes me want to turn that tazer on the cop and leave it on till the foam froths from his mouth and his eyes pop.

"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149739
12/03/2007 04:52 PM
12/03/2007 04:52 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Surely you wouldn't wanna hurt the poor cop would you CW? I was thinking along the lines of a Greyhound bus having a right front blowout 50 yards before he got to the cop!! Running 70 MPH of course!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149740
12/04/2007 05:48 AM
12/04/2007 05:48 AM
43BN-37FF
Rudy Offline
Rudy  Offline
43BN-37FF
Surely you wouldn't wanna hurt the poor cop would you CW? I was thinking along the lines of a Greyhound bus having a right front blowout 50 yards before he got to the cop!! Running 70 MPH of course!
Hot wire the door handle so the cop got a taste of his own medicine first. A little superglue on the door handle would have been fun also.

Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149741
12/04/2007 07:05 AM
12/04/2007 07:05 AM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Here is one for all to ponder!
TAZERS...THE NEXT GENERATION! SHOCKING!

I hate all people who like to inflict pain!!!

Alarmed by recent incidents? Wait'll you see what the company is planning for 2008
Dec 02, 2007 04:30 AM
Andrew Chung
Staff Reporter

The Taser is going wireless.

Until now, the electric-shock gun consisted of two barbed darts attached to wires that shoot out and strike the victim, immobilizing the person with 50,000 volts of electricity, causing severe pain and intense muscle contraction.

But the wires could only extend a few metres. With the new "extended range electronic projectile," or XREP, the Taser has been turned into a kind of self-contained shotgun shell and can be fired, wire-free, from a standard shotgun, which police typically have in their arsenal already.

The first electrode hooks on to the target, the second electrode falls and makes contact elsewhere on the body, completing the circuit and activating the shock. It can blast someone as far as 30 metres away, and, unlike the current stun guns, whose shock lasts five seconds, the XREP lasts 20 seconds, enough time to "take the offender into custody without risking injury to officers."

Taser International spokesperson Steve Tuttle says the XREP would be perfect in a standoff. "Here's someone you just don't want to get anywhere near," he says.

The XREP is one of two major new applications the Scottsdale, Ariz., company is preparing to field test, a prospect that makes Taser's critics anxious. They say more study is needed of the old products, let alone the new.

Tasers are sparking all sorts of questions and concerns these days.

Like death after Tasing. Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski died after the RCMP Tased him when he'd become agitated after spending 10 hours inside the secure area at the Vancouver airport.

Or questionable Tasing. University of Florida student Andrew Meyer was Tased even though a handful of officers had already piled on top of him after he refused to stop asking former presidential candidate John Kerry questions at the microphone. (He's the one who uttered that now infamous plea that has spawned bumper stickers and T-shirts: "Don't Tase me, bro!")

Tasers are now used by more than 11,000 law enforcement agencies in 44 countries. There are more than 428,000 Tasers in the field, not to mention the tens of thousands of Tasers that have been sold to civilians.

And the innovations keep coming.

Besides the XREP, the company has developed a device meant to keep someone from approaching a certain area – a tactic called "area denial." "What if you could drop everyone in a given area to the ground with the simple push of a button?" asks a dramatic promotional video for the "Shockwave."

Taser has turned its weapon into a connected series of six darts arranged in an arc. The company says the device can be extended in a chain or stacked "like Lego," depending on the needs of the user.

So an army platoon, for instance, could use it to prevent unwanted people from approaching their camp, and not have to risk getting close to their targets.

Amnesty International, which has raised concerns for years, says the Shockwave poses serious risks of inappropriate use. When you target an entire area, or a crowd, you can't distinguish between the individuals you're trying to restrain, says Hilary Homes, a security and human rights campaigner for Amnesty International Canada.

"It targets everybody to the same intensity or effect," Homes says. "With materials like that, you worry about ...arbitrary and indiscriminate use."

Tuttle says the technology will be used for military applications, "not for a riot in Toronto."

Amnesty says that between 2001 and Sept. 30, 2007, there were more than 290 deaths of individuals struck by police Tasers in North America, including 16 in Canada. It reports that only 25 of those electroshocked were armed, and none with firearms. It's calling for a moratorium on their use by police until a full, independent inquiry is held.

Homes says the new shotgun-style Taser doesn't pose any risks that aren't already there with the older weapon, except that "this allows more things to be done from a greater distance."

Mostly, it's the concern over the expansion of this technology even as there is heated debate over the devices' safety. "We'd prefer there weren't new variations until a study of the central technology was done," she says.

The safety concerns revolve around the growing number of deaths following Tasering and the increasing use of the term "excited delirium" by the company and other experts to explain the deaths, while denying the weapon any culpability.

Excited delirium is a catchall phrase to describe symptoms of extreme stress, such as disorientation, profuse sweating, paranoia, and superhuman strength.

When someone is in such a condition – heart racing, blood pressure bursting, fight-or-flight hormones like adrenalin coursing through their body – wouldn't a giant electrical jolt just make things worse?

"Show me the medical and mechanical reasons why it would make it worse when doctors are telling us, when someone is in that situation you should treat it as a medical emergency and get that person to a medical trauma centre in the quickest way," Tuttle says. "With no Taser, he's impervious to pain, agitated, slippery with sweat – you won't get control in five seconds. Maybe you'll use batons, which won't work, pepper spray, which is much more stressful, a bean-bag round, maybe deadly force because the situation spins out of control?"

Dr. David Evans, the Toronto regional supervising coroner for investigations, says that while there's no proof to say the shock could make things worse, "I agree potentially it could." But, he adds, "why aren't they dropping dead immediately?"

Evans says that it doesn't seem to make sense that the Taser is at fault in the deaths, because the deaths have not been instantaneous. "Normally you'd expect that if someone was going to die from electrocution related to electrical discharge, they'd die right there and then, within a few seconds," he says.

Tasering doesn't cause changes in the heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, which leads to death, he says.

It's a view that Ontario's deputy coroner, Dr. Jim Cairns, has used to help shape the Toronto Police Services Board policy toward allowing Toronto police to use Tasers. Cairns also spoke at a Taser tactical conference in Chicago last July about excited delirium.

Taser points out that the weapon has not been implicated in any of the deaths in Canada. "We're just repeating what the medical examiners are saying," says Tuttle. "The vast majority of those cases have been excited delirium or (drug) overdose."

Even though "excited delirium" isn't an accepted medical diagnosis, it may be listed as a "contributory factor" in police-custody deaths, Evans says, but not as the primary cause.

Taser isn't the only company developing electrical stun weapons. Indiana-based Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems has, in a prototype phase, a futuristic weapon that sends out a streak of lightning, apparently by projecting an ionized gas or ionizing the air itself with a laser, which conducts the electricity forward. The technology could potentially also be used to disable vehicles and, in the future, to help militaries neutralize incoming rocket propelled grenades.

Taser expects its new products to be available by mid-2008.

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/Technology/article/281670

Reply: Like i said before, when they come, they made your choice for you! Live or die! The decision is up to you!! They started this $hit, not us!!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149742
12/04/2007 04:46 PM
12/04/2007 04:46 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado

IRAQ VETERAN VICTIM OF GOVERNMENT ABUSE

By Charlotte Iserbyt

November 23, 2007

NewsWithViews.com

A day rarely passes when Americans don’t read about crimes being perpetrated not only by citizens, but by the very law enforcement officials whose duty it is to protect citizens. We all read about these shocking incidents, be they the tasering of old ladies, the arrest and hand-cuffing of female concert pianists who may be exceeding the speed limit by one mile an hour, or to use a word we all love to use: “whatever.”

This morning an email brought me news of another atrocity to be added to the list of law enforcement abuse:

On Sunday, October 21, 2007, Billy Miller was arrested by the Farmington, New Hampshire (LIVE FREE OR DIE!) Police Department on charges of misdemeanor. He was unlawfully held at the Strafford County Correctional Facility, Dover, NH in the “booking department” for seventeen days. THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW. NO ONE MAY BE HELD FOR MORE THAN 72 HOURS!

Bail condition was set at $20,000 cash ONLY, excessive, and held in a state of peonage which is strictly prohibited by the Constitution. He was drugged from the first day (documented), restrained, denied visitation, held in solitare with lights illuminated 24 hours, denied his right to file a Writ of Habeas Corps.

During Billy’s detainment, his mother, Marie Luise Miller, was permitted a few visits, and than none. The attempt is to deem her son incompetent. Her son is an extremely intelligent man, a veteran of Gulf War I, 82nd Airborne , Special Forces. Billy was competent and coherent during his mother’s first two visits with him. Thereafter, it was obvious by her son’s physical appearance and frame of mind that he was under the control of some kind of substance. On her last permitted visit, Friday, November 2nd his skin was red as a lobster and his facial skin was red and blue. His mother has been, since then, denied visitation and the reason for denial of visits by the guards is that her son is mentally incompetent and needs medical attention. If that being the case, he should be in a hospital, NOT IN JAIL!

On November 7, 2007 Billy’s mother filed a Writ of Habeas Corpus in Superior Court and somewhere between November 7th and 8th, as the judge denied the Habeas Corpus, her son was moved to the State Mental Hospital, New Hampshire (Live Free or Die!) This was supposed to be an order from the judge for 10 days’ observation. Instead, Billy was held there for 13 days where the drugging continued. Questions about the medication went unanswered and requests to see the doctor were ignored.

On November 20, 2007, much to her horror, his mother learned that her son had been moved to the State Prison psychiatric ward in Concord.

Billy Miller is being incapacitated by the drugs and being held with convicted criminals and has not even had a trial! His life is at risk!

So……what can I do? What can you do? What can all of us do?

Americans are good people, but many of us have excuses for our inability to take a courageous stand. We lean on the excuse that maybe Billy’s situation is not as bad as it sounds; maybe there’s another side to the story; anyway, our lives are so busy (we are overwhelmed by job loss, illness, depression, high cost of gasoline and heating fuel, mortgage to pay, etc., etc.). The very sad truth related to doing “nothing” is:

‘YOU’LL KNOW IT IS TRUE WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU!”

Once we (yes, that means you and me, not just the Billy Millers of the world) are the victims of government abuse, the semi-legitimate excuses for doing “nothing” mentioned above will seem meaningless in contrast to the victimization we and our families and friends will be forced to endure, if we do nothing.

Are we going to hold off helping our fellow citizens until the same kind of thing that happened to Billy Miller has happened to a majority of our people? How long will we, as individuals, be exempt from such government tyranny?

Will we wait until our government has taken total control of our lives and abused our God-given Constitutional rights, as happened in Nazi Germany when good Germans knew of the atrocities, but did nothing?

Have we forgotten that our state and national governments are limited by the U.S. Constitution in their ability to abuse citizens? Have we forgotten that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still exist, and that our government is framed so that we have representation through our elected officials to redress tyrannical acts of the state or federal government? Or perhaps we have bought into the globalist argument that our Constitution is outmoded?

New Hampshire State Government, which ironically boasts on its license plates “Live Free or Die!,” and New Hampshire's Congressional Delegation, are bound by their oath of office to deal with this matter. Citizens of New Hampshire MUST politely let their elected officials at the local, state and federal level know that such abuse will NOT be tolerated and that they will be "out of office" if action is not IMMEDIATELY taken to reverse this tragic situation and see that those responsible for this cruel and unlawful treatment of Billy Miller are removed from their jobs and receive appropriate punishment.

Citizens from other states should get on board to expose this abuse of human rights and to help the mother of Billy Miller, Marie Louise Miller, in her courageous efforts to right this terrible wrong. Her telephone number is 603-834-4854.

On this Thanksgiving Day, 2007, let us remember not only to thank God for the blessings he has bestowed upon our families and nation, but also to take action to protect the very God-given freedoms which are so clearly enumerated in the Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights, the very freedoms for which Billy Miller was willing to die when he served in the military during Gulf War I

My REPLY: GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149743
12/04/2007 08:09 PM
12/04/2007 08:09 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Keep 'em coming, Patriot (and everyone else). This is good stuff.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149744
12/04/2007 08:51 PM
12/04/2007 08:51 PM
S. Kitsap, WA
C
CelticWarrior Offline
CelticWarrior  Offline
C
S. Kitsap, WA

IRAQ VETERAN VICTIM OF GOVERNMENT ABUSE

My REPLY: GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad Again, I say, how much more are we willing to sit here and take. We all know that calling the cops, lawyers and politicians gets you NO WHERE. They will continue to abuse the people and strip us of our RIGHTS untill we start fighting back.

"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149745
12/05/2007 02:29 AM
12/05/2007 02:29 AM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
I agree CW! I can't post what i want to here in open forum. You know my politics and you should by now know my reponce to someone terrorizing me!! They just haven't hit the right one yet, but when they do, it will start. Once it starts, there will be NO letting up until it's over!!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149746
03/20/2008 03:02 PM
03/20/2008 03:02 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here\'s another one.

Officers broke into a 72-year-old man's house and roughed him up, looking for a stolen motorcycle. They had the wrong address, which perhaps explains why the man was "agitated." So agitated, in fact, they arrested him for obstruction.

The jury originally awarded him $75,000 in punitive damages. The judge left him with not quite $13,000, just enough to cover his medical bills and expenses.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149747
03/20/2008 03:43 PM
03/20/2008 03:43 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
You mean they stole his money?? I'll be a son of a biscuit eater! Common filthy rotten piece of crossdressing transvestite baldheaded scumbag! WTF? $hit like this is what makes people go off and do whatever!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149748
03/28/2008 12:21 PM
03/28/2008 12:21 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Two more, both involving police intercepts of packages using the DHL delivery service on the campus at Duke University.

In the latest, police intercepted a package of marijuana bound for a fraternity house, then raided the place in full SWAT attire when one of the fraternity members signed for it. One of the residents describes the raid:

I am writing to share both my relief over the dropped charges against my housemate, senior Eric Halperin, as well as my continued anger at the blatant abuse of power by the Durham Police Department.

On the morning of Feb. 27, our home off East Campus was raided by a team of State Bureau of Investigation agents and members of DPD. Without warning, our front door was knocked down and a handful of fully armed officers entered our home. Subsequently, we were ordered to the ground at the behest of assault rifles, dragged across the floor, hand-cuffed and forced to strip naked.

In carrying out their search warrant, police officers destroyed hundreds of dollars of our personal property. Upon failing to find anything incriminating, my friend, Halperin, was falsely charged with drug trafficking without any investigation or evidence, except his signing for a DHL package not addressed to him.

It took a month, but police have now dropped all charges against Mr. Halperin. The earlier incident followed almost the same formula, except it took place in a dorm room. In that case too, the charges against the Duke student were dropped.

Even assuming it's appropriate to arrest a college student who signs for a package of marijuana addressed to someone else, why the SWAT tactics? Did the police department really think the fraternity was going to put up a fight?

Last month, there was a similar incident at LSU, in which a SWAT team raided a college student's home based on an anonymous tip that there might be some pot inside. They found nothing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149749
03/28/2008 12:55 PM
03/28/2008 12:55 PM
USA
A
A.Patriot2 Offline
NCO Contributor
A.Patriot2  Offline
NCO Contributor

A
USA
Ridiculous!! mad

They need to get a life and stop picking on poor pot smokers. Enough already. Do they really consider pot to be just like Heroin, or what? Geez!! :rolleyes:

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain - 1904
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149750
04/12/2008 12:14 PM
04/12/2008 12:14 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This time, the wonderful Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms gets into the act.

Story and video here.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149751
05/03/2008 11:56 AM
05/03/2008 11:56 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
As part of a massive operation targeting hydroponic marijuana growers called "Operation D-Day" (nothing militaristic about that at all, is there?), federal agents in Florida mistakenly raided the home of a Cuban immigrant couple.

"I was frightened for my husband because they threw him on the ground," Llorente's wife said. "I was scared.

Llorente said he was just leaving for work when unmarked cars pulled up, Drug Enforcement Administration agents jumped out, threw him down with guns drawn, handcuffed him, stormed into his home and searched for drugs.

"I asked them why they came to my house, they said a neighbor or somebody called and said I had a hydroponics lab in my house," Llorente said. "Then I asked them if a marijuana plant could grow inside my underwear drawer."

The Llorentes said they don't speak much English – they're immigrants from Cuba. They said one of the reasons they came to the U.S. was to escape oppression from the Cuban police. Isabel Llorente said she never thought this could happen here. "Never, because they criticize Cuba so much," she said.

"I've never gone through anything like this."She said what made it especially traumatic was not knowing if the agents were really police or imposters. She said she tried to call 911, but they wouldn't let her.

"What added salt to this injury was after the situation – house is searched, door is broken – they just walked away," the Llorentes' lawyer said. "Like, 'We're the government. We made a mistake.'"
It's worth noting that while police say these tactics are necessary because drug distributors tend to be violent and armed to the teeth, this operation apparently turned up just eight guns from 150 homes.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149752
05/03/2008 06:56 PM
05/03/2008 06:56 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
It's worth noting that while police say these tactics are necessary because drug distributors tend to be violent and armed to the teeth, [b]this operation apparently turned up just eight guns from 150 homes.

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
Didn't you know that Federal agents have the finest personal firearms collections?

Of course they only found eight crappy guns. Wink, wink!

They are most likely going around looking for good AR uppers to mate with the high-quality AR lowers BATFE stole from me two years ago.

Now you know where the term "stolen guns" really originated.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149753
05/11/2008 11:56 AM
05/11/2008 11:56 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Police investigating a child sex abuse case break into the home of a man recovering from intestinal surgery, rip out his catheter, then leave him alone without medical care.

Even if this was the right guy, that seems more than a little unnecessary to make an arrest.

Naturally, it was the wrong guy. Why else would I put it under this topic?

News story here.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149754
05/11/2008 12:33 PM
05/11/2008 12:33 PM
Austin Texas
S
Spartan14 Offline
Spartan14  Offline
S
Austin Texas
Sounds like the various federal agencies and federally funded cops do more harm than good these days. They are really good at taxing us with bs traffic citations to pay for their salaries and harassing innocents. Its too bad they don't do something to control illegal immigration or drugs or actual crime. It is nice to know they have minimal proficiency with weapons and training. They do have one big advantage they are like cockroaches when they come to your house they seem to always outnumber you. They're too busy tasing innocent people to do any real good anymore. The longer I live the more I identify with our founding fathers. Hmm does anyone know if Raid makes a product to control industrial sized federally funded cockroaches? Maybe it would be a box of donuts with interesting side effects? Surely someone markets a soloution to the problem?

Live Free, Die Well
Semper Fidelis
Spartan14
Central Texas Defense
http://www.myspace.com/centraltexasdefense
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149755
05/11/2008 04:22 PM
05/11/2008 04:22 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
The Failure rate of Parachutes is about 1 in 300 jumps.

So if you are serious Sky Diver you will most likely experience a Main Chute failure eventually. The more you Jump the sooner you will have that failure.

The same principle applies to injuring and murdering innocent Citizens.

The more people they hurt the closer they come to ticking off the wrong person.

And considering the number of these attacks by Law Enforcement on innocent Citizens, I do not believe it will be much longer before they finally attack the wrong person who will get payback. And once the first person fights back it will encourage other people to fight back, and the percentage of people fighting back will increase, until eventually cops really will not know if they will return home to their families or not.

Then things will get very interesting, and may be the cause of the next Civil War

The reason I believe what would be simply a few Citizens getting Personal Justice, will turn into a Civil War, is if the cops do not know exactly who is targeting them, and start doing what was done in the case of the “DC Sniper”.

The cops were targeting anyone who fit the profile and were also targeting all owners of AR-15s in that area. And remember that those jerks, I mean the so called Sniper were targeting the general population. What do you feel would happen if it was the Police who were being targeted.

I believe that the Police would use extreme tactics to apprehend these Cop Killers, and if a few Citizens get killed in the process the cops are not going to care at all. And this just may be what it takes to get a large percentage of people to fight back. Just think about this, if you were a gun owner and other gun owners were being murdered just because they were gun owners and you thought that these murdering pigs would try to murder you, what would you do. The options would be to: do nothing, just do nothing and hope they will not murder you; give in, call the cops, and voluntarily offer to cooperate and turn your guns in; or do as a real man would do and join the fight and start targeting and taking out the police before they take you out.

Each of these options will be taken by a percentage of the gun owners who are on the police hit list, and the eventual outcome will depend on what percentage will actually fight. If enough people fight then it becomes an insurrection, and if there are insurrections in a large number of areas and these insurrections grow large enough, it will become an actual Civil War or Revolution.

It is a fact that the more oppressive Government becomes and as more atrocities are committed by police, the more people will fight back, and eventually will be able to defeat the enemy.

It used to be Winning the Hearts and Minds of the People. But what are Government and it’s agents of Satan are currently doing is, Losing the Hearts and Minds of the People.

The Militia does not have to worry about getting people to come over to our side, since the Government is doing a very good job of making enemies of the people.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149756
05/12/2008 12:11 PM
05/12/2008 12:11 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
If you’ll remember, Justice Scalia argued in Hudson v. Michigan that the Exclusionary Rule isn’t necessary in the case of illegal no-knock raids because there are less drastic, more effective ways of deterring police officers from conducting illegal searches.

The ruling was of course confined to the issue of wrongful no-knock searches, but it’s no secret that Scalia and other Federalist Society types want to do away with the Exclusionary Rule altogether. These other methods of deterring police from conducting illegal searches, Scalia argued, include a vague “new professionalism” in police departments across the country (which, Scalia explained, is due to the fact that police have been held accountable when they do conduct illegal searches by the exclusion of evidence), civil rights suits from people who have been wrongly searched, and internal disciplinary procedures against offending officers.

Scalia’s first reason is debatable at best. And as we’ve seen, his other two remedies rarely happen, in part thanks to rulings from judges like Scalia, who have made it increasingly difficult to sue an agent of the government.

Here’s the latest piece of evidence against Scalia’s argument that police are usually disciplined by their own departments for conducting illegal searches:

But a closer look at those prosecutions reveals something that has not been trumpeted: more than 20 cases in which judges found police officers’ testimony to be unreliable, inconsistent, twisting the truth, or just plain false. The judges’ language was often withering: “patently incredible,” “riddled with exaggerations,” “unworthy of belief.”

The outrage usually stopped there. With few exceptions, judges did not ask prosecutors to determine whether the officers had broken the law, and prosecutors did not notify police authorities about the judges’ findings. The Police Department said it did not monitor the rulings and was aware of only one of them; after it learned about the cases recently from a reporter, a spokesman said the department would decide whether further review was needed.

Though the number of cases is small, the lack of consequences for officers may seem surprising, given that a city commission on police corruption in the 1990s pinpointed tainted testimony as a problem so pervasive that the police even had a word for it: “testilying.”

And these cases may fuel another longtime concern that flared up again in recent days: suspicions that the police routinely subject people to unjustified searches, frisks or stops.

[...]

Federal judges rarely suppress evidence, Judge Martin said, and the unusual number of suppressions in New York City gun cases raises questions about whether such tactics may be common. “We don’t have the statistics for all the people who are hassled, no gun is found, and they never get into the system,” he said.
The point here is not that a small number of police officers were caught conducting illegal searches. The point is that they weren’t in any way held accountable for conducting them, even after called out in court by a judge.

Those internal disciplinary procedures aren’t merely not working very well, they’re practically nonexistent.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149757
06/04/2008 07:38 AM
06/04/2008 07:38 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Tom’s River, New Jersey:

A Toms River man, who claimed he was in an apartment to measure for curtains when he was kicked and stomped on by law enforcement officers during a drug raid four years ago, has won a $350,000 settlement in exchange for the dismissal of his excessive force lawsuit, his attorney said.

Jon Caldwell, 54, suffered chest trauma and fractured ribs after law enforcement officers “put their boots on his neck and started beating him by kicking and stomping on him,” according to the lawsuit, which attorney Eugene Melody said was filed in September 2006.

The lawsuit contends that on Dec. 17, 2004, the then-Dover Township Police Department and the Ocean County Narcotics Strike Force were executing search warrants on a pair of apartments in the Park Ridge Apartment complex on Walnut Street. The raids were part of an ongoing investigation into the distribution of marijuana in the Toms River area, according to the suit.

Caldwell had signed a lease to rent an apartment in the complex beginning in January. The superintendent of the complex had given Caldwell a key to the apartment so he could measure for window treatments and furnishings, the suit states.

On a tip that a person was in an abandoned apartment, law enforcement also raided an apartment that they did not have a search warrant for, the suit claims. Caldwell was in that apartment.

“Several men in SWAT-type gear broke down the door to his apartment and tackled him, slamming him face first to the floor. These men, . . . members of the Narcotics Strike Force, put their boots on his neck and started kicking and stomping on him,” the suit states. “None of these men ever identified themselves as “law enforcement’ to Mr. Caldwell or asked him what he was doing in the apartment.”

After law enforcement realized Caldwell had nothing to do with the drug raid, they let him go, the suit states. The next day, Caldwell was admitted to Community Medical Center, Toms River, according to the suit. His medical bills total nearly $100,000, according to the suit.
Even they’d had the right guy, was the beating and stomping really necessary? Note too the lack of an announcement. But don’t the police say they always announced before a drug raid?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149758
06/04/2008 03:09 PM
06/04/2008 03:09 PM
Colorado
Patriot Offline
Patriot  Offline
Colorado
Like i said before, it is the way they are trained! We have NO choice in the matter! They started this $hit, not us! If they come, it will be a matter of survival!!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149759
07/09/2008 07:23 AM
07/09/2008 07:23 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Last Thursday, narcotics cops in Troy, New York shot the locks off a door, tossed a flash grenade through a window, and stormed a house as part of an early-morning drug raid. They found only a single mother inside, not the drugs or weapons described in the warrant.

The raid seems to have stemmed from a bad tip from a confidential informant. But Troy authorities don’t seem particularly repentant. Here’s District Attorney Richard McNally:

"The checks and balances were in place. We checked and double-checked the information in this case. All the checks and double-checks were done. Unfortunately, it didn’t work as planned."
Obviously the checks and balances weren’t in place, or the police wouldn’t have terrorized an innocent woman (fortunately, her five-year-old daughter wasn’t home at the time).

One local TV reporter spoke with a police sergeant related to the case, who said the police have no intention of repairing the damage they did to the woman’s home.

Sgt. Dean: "We did not hit the wrong house, we hit the house that the search warrant directed us to hit."

Anya: "But was that information that led up to that right?"

Sgt. Dean: "My bosses are going through this whole investigative process to make sure that we were as thorough as possible."

Anya: "What was the level of threat that you assessed prior to coming into the home?"

Sgt. Dean: "That there were weapons in the house, or that the drugs were stored in that manor."

Anya: "In this house, you found no drugs?" Sgt. Dean: "We are not publicly speaking on that issue at this point."

Anya: "Do you think this will hurt your credibility?"

Sgt. Dean: "The last thing we want to do is enter an innocent person’s home - it doesn’t get us anywhere, and it doesn’t hamper the drug trade."

Anya: "Will you be going back to clean-up the damage to the house?"

Sgt. Dean: "We just have to enter lawfully with our search warrant, that is our only obligation."

Anya: "And you can leave it in any state that you left it?"

Sgt. Dean: "Yes. We had probable cause that led us to believe there was drug activity."
Which apparently means they feel no obligation to clean up the mess they made.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149760
07/09/2008 07:42 AM
07/09/2008 07:42 AM
NW Central Ohio
W
Wyrm Offline
Wyrm  Offline
W
NW Central Ohio
Which apparently means they feel no obligation to clean up the mess they made.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Of course not. Why would they? When a medieval lord got done with a peasant's wife, do you think he cleaned her up before handing her back to her husband? Or do you think it more likely that he pulled up his pants, smirked at the entire family, and walked out of their home, maybe kicking the dog or knocking over some furniture on his way out?

I'm going with the latter.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149761
07/09/2008 08:27 AM
07/09/2008 08:27 AM
The West Coast of the East Coa...
T
Tangalor Offline
Tangalor  Offline
T
The West Coast of the East Coa...
Hmm... sounds like terrorism to me. By definition, even.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and the lies of their culture - will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses" - Plato
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149762
07/09/2008 09:51 AM
07/09/2008 09:51 AM
Somewhere in the woods
O
oneshotK57 Offline
oneshotK57  Offline
O
Somewhere in the woods
I think we all know what time it is. All I can say is I better not hear about something like that happening in my sleepy little town, or they got trouble.

The only thing I can say is it's time to start inviting yourself over to their house for a BBQ

Old Farts Explode, not Burn
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149763
07/18/2008 12:31 PM
07/18/2008 12:31 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
There were two more in the Bronx this week:

The NYPD is admitting it was wrong when officers broke down the doors of two apartments in the Bronx during a pair of misguided drug raids.

They found nothing, and it turns out both homeowners were innocent.

Officials say the apartments never should have been raided, and they admit the search warrants were based on lies from a confidential informant.

[...]

Police say that three separate times, the drugs from his alleged undercover buys were really drugs that were hidden under his clothing. Cops were fooled, and because of it, two local residents were traumatized.

[...]

On Saturday, when Eyewitness News began questioning cops about the story, they adamantly insisted there were undercover drug buys in both apartments.

[...]

Now, after repeated calls to the NYPD, their story has changed. They now tell Eyewitness News that they can’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there were any undercover buys in the apartments, just a confidential informant who allegedly lied.

In a statement released Thursday afternoon, police say, "We’ve initiated an investigation which has resulted in the informant being arrested for possession of narcotics. The investigation is continuing regarding his conduct leading up to these two search warrants."

They also say surveillance video shows the informant, who was supposedly searched beforehand by cops, reaching into his undergarments three separate times, exchanging the cops’ money for hidden drugs, then allegedly walking out of the building.
Why didn’t they check the surveillance video before conducting the raids? And how thoroughly could they possibly have searched this informant if he was able to hide drugs in his clothing? Moreover, if they were this sloppy while using this informant, how do we know other cops in the city aren’t making similar mistakes with other informants?

(This particular informant has been the source of information for at least a dozen other drug raids.)

Once again, the larger point here is that these raids are too violent and dangerous, the margin of error to small, and the tips and investigations that lead to them too subject to mistakes and bad information for them to be used on nonviolent drug offenders.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149764
07/18/2008 02:22 PM
07/18/2008 02:22 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Yet another stunning victory in the War on Drugs!

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.