UP Michigan
P
pcosmar Offline
pcosmar  Offline
P
UP Michigan
Originally posted by ParaSkS:
So you say all cops should be imprisoned? [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far, Though there are no doubt some deserving.
I would like to see the "standing army"of police disbanded. Eliminated in society, and the concept forgotten.
I doubt that would ever happen, It would require eliminating 99.8% of the useless and unnecessary laws on the books.
They are a drain on society and an ever constant threat to Liberty.

Friend of the Militia (UnArmed/Infringed)
I hope I can help, my country and my countrymen.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149886
05/15/2010 06:09 AM
05/15/2010 06:09 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
I agree. The army of SWAT teams should be disbanded and also the Federal police. There is no reason for the ATF and the FBI way out does their original mission.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149887
05/16/2010 09:57 AM
05/16/2010 09:57 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Detroit JBT's do it again! Bust in a door and shoot an innocent 7 yr old girl to death! Way to go you NAZI JBT's, BURN IN HELL but first go through HELL. Another innocent life taken by incompetent butchers. Nothing less than a prison sentence is acceptable. SEMPER FI

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149888
05/16/2010 10:13 AM
05/16/2010 10:13 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
Originally posted by D308cat:
Just so you know,I use to have a 98% approval rating for cops, but in the last 15 yrs or so it has dwindled to a big fat 0.I have absolutely no respect for the traitor hoar's period, There JUST NAZZI PIGS they might start out with a real wish to serve but that disappears rather quickly, I'm telling you , You better not trust any of them,or you will pay dearly, They will turn on you in a minnesota minute, even family, and I could care less if I hurt some feelings. Oil and water DO NOT MIX
You spelled NAZI wrong.

Other than that I agree with you 110%.

Why do you think we called them PIGS back in the 70s??

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149889
05/16/2010 10:33 AM
05/16/2010 10:33 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
Originally posted by airforce:
Another wrong-door raid , this one in Tennessee. Police enter the wrong side of a duplex, throw the residents to the floor at gunpoint, and manage to handcuff a recovering cancer patient. Then they scratched off a part of the address on the duplex to cover their mistake.

They finally did get their vicious criminal. He was selling pot.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Like it or not theres a really simple way to get JUSTICE, to get EVEN.
Take the cops RESPONSIBLE whether it's one or 4 or the entire force.
Take them outside and SHOOT THEM.

Video the process and get the video to every lame ass police chief or sherrif in the USA. Send copies to DEA, ATF, FBI.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149890
05/16/2010 12:11 PM
05/16/2010 12:11 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Woops,My bad

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149891
05/16/2010 01:04 PM
05/16/2010 01:04 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Detroit JBT's do it again! Bust in a door and shoot an innocent 7 yr old girl to death! Way to go you NAZI JBT's, BURN IN HELL but first go through HELL. Another innocent life taken by incompetent butchers. Nothing less than a prison sentence is acceptable. SEMPER FI
Tip of the hat to D308cat, who beat me to this terrible story .

[Linked Image]

A 7-year-old Detroit girl was shot and killed this morning after a Detroit Police officer’s weapon went off while executing a search warrant for a homicide suspect on the city’s east side, police said this morning.

The officer involved is on paid leave pending the investigation, said Assistant Police Chief Ralph Godbee.

The shooting occurred while officers from the police department’s Special Response Team were looking for a suspect connected to the Friday shooting death of 17-year-old Jarean Blake, a Southeastern High School student.

And it comes at a time when the city is reeling from two weeks of tragic shooting deaths — including that of Detroit Police Officer Brian Huff on May 3.

In today’s incident, officers threw a flash bang device — which causes a bright flash and noise — into a home at 4054 Lillibridge on the city’s east side at about 12:45 a.m., and immediately entered, guns drawn, said Godbee.

“I heard Boom! Detroit Police! Pop! It happened so fast,” said Krystal Sanders, 30, an aunt of the girl who said she was in the home at the time of the incident.

The 47-year-old grandmother of the girl shot was in the front room of the house and had a physical tussle with the first officer when his gun discharged, hitting Aiyana Stanley Jones in the head and neck area, police said. She was sleeping on a couch in the room.

"I seen the light go out of her eyes," said grandmother Mertilla Jones, 47, who was questioned by police and released today. “Blood was running down her mouth…They killed my grandbaby.”

Family members said the girl was outgoing, friendly, and loved to sing and dance. She was fond of entertainer Hannah Montana.

Medics with the team took the girl to St. John Hospital & Medical Center in Detroit, where she was pronounced dead, police said. The department’s chaplains have been in contact with the family, Godbee said.

The shooting is still under investigation, he said. And the department offers its condolences to Aiyana’s family. Today family members looked through photographs of the girl, one of her 6th birthday last year blowing out candles on a cake iced with an image of Hannah Montana.

“We have executed countless high risk warrants where children have been present,” Godbee told the Free Press this morning. “This was a perfect storm for tragedy.”

The woman involved in the tussle has been taken into custody, as is the suspect sought in Blake’s death, although no charges have been issued yet.

Police did not release names of either the woman or the suspect.

The Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality will host a candlelight vigil at the home where Jones died today: 8 p.m. at 4054 Lillibridge, Detroit.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149892
05/16/2010 03:33 PM
05/16/2010 03:33 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
Recently in Richmond, a pastor was killed during a high-speed police chase when a vehicle involved in the chase crashed into the pastor's vehicle. Now the Mayor wants a ban on high-speed chases so that tragedies that like that don't happen.

We keep seeing trigger-happy roid-raging cops blowing away shitzus, toddlers, and grandmothers like it was going out of style. And yet nobody is banning these no-knock paramilitary SWAT raids. WTF?

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149893
05/16/2010 03:47 PM
05/16/2010 03:47 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by SBL:
Recently in Richmond, a pastor was killed during a high-speed police chase when a vehicle involved in the chase crashed into the pastor's vehicle. Now the Mayor wants a ban on high-speed chases so that tragedies that like that don't happen.
Something like that happened here in Tulsa almost twenty years ago, when a teenager driving a stolen car killed three people while trying to elude police. All pursuits in Tulsa are now monitored by a supervisor, and pursuits are often called off if the danger seems too great.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149894
05/16/2010 06:41 PM
05/16/2010 06:41 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Isn'T that something how those pesky cop guns just GO OFF,For any one else its a shooting or murder but when a arrogant cop kills an innocent child the gun just go's off,The DA will probably charge the gun manufacturer,the family and the home or apartment owner and the murdering cop will get an award and a pat on the back with a (poor good little cop this must be so tuff for you) when is enough going to be enough?

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149895
05/17/2010 04:00 AM
05/17/2010 04:00 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A Film crew for A&E\'e reality seri... taping the SWAT team for a documentary. It looks like they got more than they bargained for.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149896
05/23/2010 02:07 AM
05/23/2010 02:07 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Another isolated incident, this time in Texas.

Drug investigators entered the wrong house while trying to serve a search warrant last week.

Investigators from the Sebastian County Sheriff's Office, the 12th/21st Judicial Drug Task Force and the Barling Police Department had the homeowners handcuffed by the time they realized the mistake, said Capt. Kevin Nickson.

All the paperwork for the search warrant was correct, said Prosecuting Attorney Dan Shue.

The night-time search warrant was to be executed at a Holly Avenue residence, according to court records.

Instead, authorities entered another home on Holly Avenue where a man, woman and baby who are "law-abiding citizens" live, authorities said.

Authorities said the door to the residence was unlocked, and they opened it and walked in.

Investigator Cpl. Anthony Sacco was out checking the address on the mailbox as other investigators entered the house. Once inside, Sacco alerted Nickson, who also was there, about the mistake.

The man and woman were not arrested and handcuffs were taken off them. A baby was also present, but was asleep the entire time.

"You can't apologize enough for a screwup like that," Nickson said.

While it was a Drug Task Force case, the majority of law enforcement officers were from the Sheriff's Office.

The protocol normally followed before executing a search warrant calls for investigators to scout out the location prior to the search. That was not done in this case.

"That's the kind of mistakes we can't afford to make," Nickson said.

Investigators later served the search warrant on a nearby house, where they arrested three people and recovered marijuana from the residence, said Nickson.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149897
05/23/2010 02:19 AM
05/23/2010 02:19 AM
Fort Bragg, NC
S
SelfDestruct Offline
SelfDestruct  Offline
S
Fort Bragg, NC
That is crazy. How hard is it to find the right address. Whoever was in charge there should be fired. That can get people killed because if somebody comes in my house without permission I'm gonna open fire. Sure they might have announced themselves as police but anybody can say police. If I was gonna break into a house when I knew people were there I know I would.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149898
05/23/2010 02:35 AM
05/23/2010 02:35 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by SelfDestruct:
That is crazy. How hard is it to find the right address?
Harder than you might think, apparently. I now have eight pages of these "isolated incidents."

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149899
05/23/2010 02:38 AM
05/23/2010 02:38 AM
UP Michigan
P
pcosmar Offline
pcosmar  Offline
P
UP Michigan
Originally posted by SelfDestruct:
[b] That is crazy. How hard is it to find the right address?
Harder than you might think, apparently. I now have eight pages of these "isolated incidents."

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
And this is no where near a complete list.
This is not even scratching the surface.

mad

Friend of the Militia (UnArmed/Infringed)
I hope I can help, my country and my countrymen.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149900
05/24/2010 01:30 PM
05/24/2010 01:30 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Rep. John Conyers has asked DOJ to investigate the death if seven-year-old Aiyana Jones. And he even cited Radley Balko, Cato, and reason magazine. (I guess it would have been a little too much for him to give credit to AWRM, but hey.)

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149901
06/22/2010 01:58 PM
06/22/2010 01:58 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The family of [b]Isaac Singletary[/b] has been paid $200,000 for his wrongful death.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The family of an 80-year-old man shot and killed by an undercover Jacksonville police officer three years ago has agreed to accept $200,000 to settle a lawsuit.

Isaac Singletary, 80, died in January 2007 when he came out of his house with a gun, apparently mistaking the officers on his property for drug dealers.

Singletary's family and the state attorney's office said that Singletary thought the undercover officers were real drug dealers and tried to chase them off his property on Westmont Street, just off Philips Highway.

The two officers who fired at Singletary said they had no choice but to shoot him when he refused commands to drop his gun.

Since the shooting, police and family members continued to have conflicting stories about who pulled the trigger first. Police said Singletary pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at one detective.

Isaac Singletary
Isaac Singletary
Singletary was ordered to drop his weapon, but police said he refused, and that's when he was shot the first time.

According to court documents, police said Singletary then fired at one detective and retreated behind his home. After being ordered again to drop his gun, police said Singletary pointed his gun again at other officers and was shot again, this time by the other detective, according to court documents.

A witness, however, painted a much different picture about what happened, saying Singletary never pulled out his gun until after he was shot by police. But prosecutors didn't take the witness' account seriously because it came from a multi-convicted felon.

Harry Shorstein, state attorney at the time, criticized the officers' actions, but found no criminal wrongdoing. A review board later decided the officers did follow department guidelines.

Singletary's family members filed a lawsuit in federal court, which was scheduled to go to trial next April.

"An elderly, 80-year-old man on his own property should not have been killed by the Jacksonville Sheriff Office or anybody else," Singletary's nephew, Gary Evans, said at the time.

The city of Jacksonville reached the $200,000 settlement with the Singletary family last week. The settlement, which will be paid in full by the city, covers all parties, including the two officers, James Narcisse and Darrin Green. Narcisse was fired by JSO last year for his role in a scam involving Crime Stoppers.

"Both sides thought settling the case was preferable to further litigation," a General Counsel's Office spokesman said.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149902
08/13/2010 01:22 PM
08/13/2010 01:22 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The tenants were charged with "disorderly house."(??!!)

CEDAR RAPIDS – Police in SWAT gear busted through a door and searched a Cedar Rapids home for drugs Thursday morning, but came up empty.

At least 12 officers surprised the tenants at 1135 33rdSt. NE when they arrived around 7 a.m. with a narcotics search warrant. Sgt. Cristy Hamblin, a police spokeswoman, later confirmed that nothing was seized from the house.

No one was taken to jail, but the tenants of the house, Justin Davis, 28, and his girlfriend, Erica Lewis, 26, were charged with disorderly house and signed a promise to appear in court, police said. No one was injured during the raid.

Davis said his 5-year-old daughter was in her room when officers busted a hole in the front door. He said he came to the door when he heard a K-9 unit dog barking, and was pulled outside, where he was told to lie face down in his front yard. He said the officers had him at gunpoint.

Davis was visibly upset after police left and mentioned moving out of the area.

“What do you think my neighbors think about me now?” Davis said. “My character has been assassinated, and I’m really upset about that.”

Davis said he and Lewis were handcuffed while officers searched. They were told police had information that there was drug activity at their house.

Hamblin said search warrants are issued only after a judge reviews the evidence collected and signs the warrant. In general, police investigate tips about drug activity by interviewing neighbors, looking through trash and using a drug-sniffing dog, Hamblin said.

“We don’t take just one person’s word, under normal circumstances,” Hamblin said.

Davis said he is on probation and it would be stupid for him to be involved with drugs.

“They should have made sure they had concrete evidence before they knock in someone’s door,” Davis said.

Disorderly house is described as a building or room where someone “resorted to for” illegal activity involving drugs, alcohol, gambling or prostitution, according to a city ordinance.
I thought I'd seen just about everything, but that's a new one on me.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149903
08/27/2010 01:46 PM
08/27/2010 01:46 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A coroner\'s inquest has cleared a ...illed an unarmed man during a drug raid. Det. Bryan Yant's gun may have gone off accidentally as he came through the bathroom door.

The inquest also highlighted errors in Yant's search warrant application. "Despite having a copy of Cole's California driver's license, complete with a physical description and date of birth," the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports, "Yant confused Cole with a Trevon Cole from Houston and California, who was seven years older, at least 3 inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter." Yant also erroneously claimed that the other Trevon Cole had a history of drug trafficking, when in fact his record was limited to possession charges. The Review-Journal reports that the same detective is "under investigation for apparently lying about drugs he didn't seize and actions he didn't take during a 2009 police raid that never happened."

The inquest jury, however, called the shooting justified, which is not surprising. In 200 police shootings since 1976, only one has resulted in a finding of criminal negligence.

[Linked Image]

The late Trevon Cole and his fiancee, who testified at the inquest. The Drug War Chronicle has more on this story here .

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149904
09/27/2010 09:15 AM
09/27/2010 09:15 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Pregnant, unarmed woman shot during drug raid in Spokane, Washington.

A pregnant, unarmed woman was shot during a drug raid in Spokane on Friday morning and she remained hospitalized late last night as investigators pieced together what happened in the county’s third officer-involved shooting in four weeks.

A Washington State Patrol detective sergeant shot the woman, who according to the sheriff’s spokesman is 39 weeks pregnant, while serving a search warrant at the Victoria Apartments, 1405 N. Lincoln St., according to the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office is investigating the shooting along with members of the Spokane Police Department and the WSP.

Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Dave Reagan confirmed that officers found no weapons in the home but did find quantities of drugs during the execution of the search warrant.

“During the entry, a female suspect inside the apartment became non-compliant with officers’ instructions,” Reagan wrote in a news release. “When she attempted to flee out a bedroom window, officers attempted to restrain her. During efforts to prevent her escape, a shot was fired and the woman suffered a minor wound to her upper torso. She fell out the window and received first aid from containment officers stationed at the back of the apartments.”

He offered no further details about why the detective used deadly force, which law enforcement officers are trained to use if they believe their lives are in danger.

Reagan did not identify the woman but said she was a drug suspect and that a multiagency task force from the Moscow-Pullman area “had identified residents at the Spokane apartment complex as suppliers of crack cocaine sold in southeast Washington.”
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149905
09/27/2010 09:47 AM
09/27/2010 09:47 AM
texas
W
w2992 Offline
w2992  Offline
W
texas
drug use/abuse should be a medical problem not crimnal. Half of all law enforcement and jail resources are used for drug control

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149906
09/27/2010 11:52 AM
09/27/2010 11:52 AM
Alaska
I
ironartist Offline
ironartist  Offline
I
Alaska
I read more and more how they'd rather just shoot a person instead of using a little brain and brawn. Granted she shouldn't have ran but there are usually alternatives other than squeezing the trigger on their revolver

"Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"

Μολών λαβέ
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149907
09/27/2010 07:16 PM
09/27/2010 07:16 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Police State Rules of Engagement, Judge - Jury - Executioner. We can't have unarmed pregnant women escaping out windows, can you imagine the rassing the JBT basterd would have gotten. Shoot first cover it up later and a nice pat on the back. SEMPER FI

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149908
09/28/2010 02:15 AM
09/28/2010 02:15 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Why let them? Every LEO has a bond. If instead of allowing them to get away based upon the Bond holder's investigation we start making claims to those bonds instead of suing the City, State, County, Federal Agency, we can get them off the streets. Once a LEO has a large claim on their Bond for wrongful death they are off the street, and generally out of work since the Bond holder will cancel them unless it can be proven to a jury that they acted correctly. Oh Shit! is not a defense for killing someone. I dropped my weapon and it went off is not either since they are trained on how to prevent that. Careless people should not wear, use, or carry a firearm in confrontations with the public. Thus no Surety Bonding Company is going to insure them. That makes them un-hireible by Incorporated Cities, Counties, and States, who will have to self-insure them.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149909
10/08/2010 04:16 AM
10/08/2010 04:16 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
From Cook County, Illinois :

An elderly couple says Cook County sheriff’s police on a drug raid smashed into their Southwest Side house late Thursday night, terrorizing them before admitting they had the wrong house.

With her husband already asleep, 84-year-old Anna Jakymek was just turning out the lights when she heard loud noises at the back and front doors about 11:30 p.m.

Her initial thought was that her 89-year old husband had fallen out of bed, but she realized something else was happening when she looked into the front room.

“I see maybe 20 guys come in and see the door knocked open,” she said…

Son Andrew said the most potent drug in the home is aspirin.

“They don’t smoke, drink or even watch TV. They believe in America,” he said.

He added that his father, Andrij, suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease and has terminal cancer.

“He won’t even take pain medicine,” he said…

His mother, he said, called him after the raid at the request of the supervising sergeant on the scene. When he got there, he said he was told the officers had raided the wrong home.

“When I arrived the officer explained they had misinformation, but said his job was over, and he was leaving. They left a copy of the warrant, but he absolved himself of any responsibility for the raid or the damage,” Andrew Jakymec said.

He estimated the damage to broken doors, locks and windows at up to $3,000.

“Everything was violently opened. Cabinets were ripped open, clothes and sheets were everywhere, and pieces of wood where the doors were rammed were all over the place,” he said.
Bonus points: The couple emigrated came to the U.S. from the Ukraine in the 1960's to escape Soviet oppression.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149910
10/09/2010 01:33 AM
10/09/2010 01:33 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Bonus points: The couple emigrated came to the U.S. from the Ukraine in the 1960's to escape Soviet oppression.

Onward and upward,
airforce [/QB]
Looks like it followed them here.

Out of the frying pan...

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149911
10/09/2010 04:13 AM
10/09/2010 04:13 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
I like the part where the cop absolves himself of any responsibility. I think its his responsibility to learn how to read an address. Sue them into HELL where they belong. Sooner or later they will raid the wrong house and there will be a JBT massacre. SEMPER FI

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149912
10/09/2010 05:18 AM
10/09/2010 05:18 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
I like the part where the cop absolves himself of any responsibility. I think its his responsibility to learn how to read an address. Sue them into HELL where they belong. Sooner or later they will raid the wrong house and there will be a JBT massacre. SEMPER FI
What I really enjoyed watching was when the SWAT walking piles of pig excrement, really raid the WRONG House in the Movie Speed

SWAT Cops walk in, house goes Kaboom, no more house and no more SWAT Cops.

All The Kings Horses And All The Kings Men, Can't Put The SWAT Cops Back Together Again.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149913
10/09/2010 05:34 AM
10/09/2010 05:34 AM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
...Sue them into HELL where they belong. ...
No can do my friend.

Every LEO is bonded and insured, in order to insulate him from personal responsibility.

Every LE Agency works directly, or contracts with a corporate entity, which creates yet another layer of insulation from personal responsibility.

The family will file a claim for monetary damages, and the corporation will have an insurance company issue any payment, adding yet another layer of insulation.

The Ukraine link is appropriately telling.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149914
10/09/2010 08:39 AM
10/09/2010 08:39 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Well we have bring your parent to school days , and bring your child to work days, Now we need a follow a JBT home days, Start making lists, We are already on there lists, Really whats the difference, Blue helmets or shiny Badges, Same thing now a days. Everyone is a potential criminal to the JBT's and the JBT's are a potential criminal to everyone, that's just the way it is in a POLICE STATE. Your rights mean nothing to them!Proven over and over again. You will be held accountable for every action and they will walk away just about every time.We need a change in the law to hold Police accountable period, or its going to get way worse.Our troops are held to a much higher level even in a combat zone. If a Soldier shoots an unarmed pregnant woman jumping out a window he's going to Leavenworth. We could put a stop to this right now, That is a fact. But truly I think its just going to degrade into a free for all where no one wins. Just some thoughts. SEMPER FI

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149915
10/09/2010 05:10 PM
10/09/2010 05:10 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Anybody want to keep condemning Christopher Monfort?

Of course you could call it a failure of his that the Seattle PD did not get the point.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149916
10/16/2010 11:36 PM
10/16/2010 11:36 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This one is from Montgomery, Alabama:

"They could have at least apologized," says LaKisha Dixon.

She just wants to hear Montgomery police officers say they're sorry. Last month, officers entered her home without even knocking on the door. Dixon and two children were inside.

"It was three tall men with masks on and big oozie guns pointing at me like, "Get on the ground! Get on the ground!"

Not only was the experience frightening, but Dixon says police had the wrong house.

When she tried to explain,"they told me to shut up and be quiet before they take me to jail."

A Montgomery Police Department search warrant instructed officers to search 812 South Union Street.

Instead, they entered Dixon's home--810 North Union Street.

The two addresses are a mile and a half apart.

"I feel violated. I feel like they trespassed," says Dixon.

WSFA 12 News contacted the Montgomery Police Department.

Investigators told us they're handling the matter internally by interviewing each officer involved.

Dixon says even though the incident is over, it still affects her kids.

"They're scared of police officers. They said the police [are] going to get them, and it shouldn't be like that. They should think of the police to help them."

Right now the Montgomery Police Department isn't admitting whether they did anything wrong or not. Investigators say they're still sorting out the facts.

Dixon has an attorney and is hoping for compensation for home repairs and emotional damages.

The department has until November 5th to complete its investigation.
This happened last month, and they still haven't figured out the address on the warrant and the address on the door doesn't match????

As soon as I figure out what "big oozie gun" is, I'm going to get one.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149917
10/17/2010 08:15 AM
10/17/2010 08:15 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
I say anyone entering a home with a mask on terrorizing women and children is guilty of criminal home invasion and should be shot on sight by the home owner and the rest of the neighborhood. How long are we going to put up with this REALLY? SEMPER FI to FREEDOM

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149918
10/18/2010 04:47 AM
10/18/2010 04:47 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
After a little research I was shocked at how many federal laws are broken when the wrong house is raided,1st-Home invasion,2nd-as soon as the resident is detained in any way or cuffed it constitutes kidnapping (as described by federal law)3rd-committing a felony under the color of authority,4th-Child endangerment not to mention the numerus civil rights violations and constitutional protection violations, There must be accountability and prosecutions at the very least, or why should any citizen subject themselves to any law or any officer whatsoever? These are the basic principals that separate a civilized country and a Totalitarian POLICE STATE

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149919
10/18/2010 05:05 PM
10/18/2010 05:05 PM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
Bill Scott
Bill ScottOctober 18, 2010 at 8:36pm
Subject: Open Letter to Coroner's Inquest Review Committee
"Our cops are out of control."

That's the statement I've heard most frequently from local citizens, since my son, Erik Scott, was shot and killed by three Las Vegas Metro Police Department officers on July 10th. Couple that with universal skepticism, expressions of disbelief and outrage voiced by Americans across the nation, who watched the recent coroner's inquest hearing into Erik's death, and any honest person will draw but one conclusion:

Citizens no longer trust Clark County's law enforcement public servants.

Although there are many contributing factors, that loss of trust is first and foremost a direct result of the coroner's inquest process as it exists today. Thousands of citizens across the United States, Europe and Australia, who watched Erik's inquest hearing on television and streamed video via the Internet, were shocked and angered by the unfairness and lopsided nature of that hearing. They couldn't believe the Clark County commissioners, sheriff, district attorney and coroner would embrace and support such a brazen affront to due process and justice.

Nevada citizens now understand that the current inquest process is nothing more than a transparent license to kill, because it never, ever holds Metro officers accountable for their actions. Where's the incentive for an officer to not shoot, when he knows there's absolutely no possibility that an inquest jury can find him at fault, given the loaded instructions juries are given?

This loud-and-clear loss of trust by taxpaying citizens should strike fear in the hearts of every elected county official and Metro police officer. Why? Because, historically, when government officials betray the trust of their citizen employers, chaos soon follows. As proof, look no farther than the bloodshed and chaos throughout Mexico today. Mexico's nightmare began when police and elected officials declared themselves above the law, unaccountable to the people who pay their salaries.

Today, that's the message Las Vegas residents are hearing from their sheriff, their district attorney and their public administrator: "We are above the law!" That declaration was burned indelibly into Las Vegans' memories by Metro police Sergeant Raymond Reyes on February 4, 2008, when he allegedly told attorney David Lee Phillips, "I'm Metro. We can do whatever we please." (Las Vegas Review Journal, July 30, 2010).

As it stands, the Clark County coroner's inquest reinforces the perception that Metro officers "can do whatever we please." For 34 years, this abomination of due process has been nothing more than a quasi-legal exercise to exonerate cops, a tool for creating an impression that police officers' actions are always justified or excusable. And Erik Scott's inquest hearing exposed that truth to thousands of viewers.

As you review the existing inquest procedures and rewrite county Code 2.12 to ensure future hearings are fair to all parties involved, please remember that thousands of citizens across the United States—not only those there in Las Vegas—are watching and asking: "If the Clark County coroner's inquest hearing remains a one-sided platform for airing distortions, falsehoods and fabrications, why should we trust any of you?"

Regards,
William B. Scott
Father of Erik B. Scott

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149920
10/22/2010 11:07 AM
10/22/2010 11:07 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Botched raids somehow sound better when they\'re written in British.

Grandmother Margaret Waite had the surprise of her life when she was sitting in her kitchen drinking a cup of coffee and in walked a policeman looking for a drugs suspect.

But it could have been worse for the officers said that, had the door been locked, they would have had to break it down.

They were red faced when Mrs Waite, 69, pointed out that they were in the right street – Rhyls Lane at Lockeridge – but at the wrong house.

She agreed to let one officer go upstairs to have a look around because they were concerned, she said, that the man they were looking for might have been staying there.

The officers had a warrant issued under the Misuse of Drugs Act to search Mrs Waite’s home because suspect parcels had been delivered there but they were addressed to her neighbour and she used to take them from the postman and put them in his porch.

Mrs Waite said: “I did have a few parcels come here some months ago with my address but for the man next door so as soon as I was handed them by the postman I would go and put them in his porch. I did not even notice where they had been sent from.”

Police then went next door to No 2 Rhyls Lane and found the man they were looking for, and seized 10,000 tablets believed to have been imported from China and India.

A 28-year-old man, who was later released on bail until January 4 pending further police inquiries, was arrested on suspicion of importation and illegal supply of controlled drugs and money laundering.

Police raided the house on Friday after receiving information from the UK Borders Agency and a UK pharmaceutical company that the subject was suspected of importing counterfeit prescription drugs classified as a Class C drug under the act.

It is understood a Royal Mail investigation team was also involved in the operation.

Mrs Waite, the widow of a gamekeeper, was sitting in her kitchen at about 8am on Friday when the police officer walked in through her open back door.

She said: “He said he had only come around to the back door by chance and if it had not been open they would have had to break it down.”

Mrs Waite said the officers were very friendly and apologetic and later that day policewoman PC Sarah Watts went to her house and apologised.

Police said they did have warrants to search both houses but added: “It was quickly established by officers that the neighbouring house to the subject had no involvement in the case.”

PC Watts, community beat manager for the Kennet Valley villages, said: “I would appeal to anyone who has any information about the supply or use of drugs within their community to come forward so that we can work together to disrupt illegal activity concerning drugs.”
It almost sounds civilised. Except the bobbies still shouldn't have been there.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149921
10/23/2010 09:41 AM
10/23/2010 09:41 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This one is from Longview, Texas.

Two brothers say they were in for a rude awakening when officers with the city's SWAT team rushed their home in the middle of the night.

Kenneth and James Jimerson were pulled from their bed, put in handcuffs and taken from their home.

"I heard a big loud commotion a big loud boom, and before I could raise out of bed they were in on me, the police had guns drawn on me and told me to get down. I thought originally a car had run into the house or somebody was breaking in," Said Kenneth.

While Kenneth and James waited, in handcuffs, officers searched their home, "One had a gun right at my head, a guy told me ‘Don't look at me, look away from me', I done what he told me," said James.

The SWAT team didn't any find anything in the brothers' home; turns out officers had invaded the wrong home. "They came back and said apparently we have made a mistake," said Kenneth.

"When the SWAT agents exited the vehicle they were distracted by people on the street. They went to the house they thought was 825 it was 823," says Longview assistant police chief Don Dingler.

The city has apologized to the Jimersons.

The police department has launched an internal investigation to make sure nothing like this happens again.
Well, at least they apologized. :rolleyes:

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149922
10/23/2010 01:36 PM
10/23/2010 01:36 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
I bet you could launch a rocket to the moon and back quicker!

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149923
10/23/2010 02:58 PM
10/23/2010 02:58 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18

"When the SWAT agents exited the vehicle they were distracted by people on the street.
There's an acronym for that. ADHD.

Fortunately no one died due to their negligence.

This time...

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149924
11/05/2010 07:07 AM
11/05/2010 07:07 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
South Carolina brings SWAT to a poker game. With predictable results.

A relatively routine raid of a low-stakes poker game in Greenville, South Carolina turned bloody yesterday night — as police tried to gain entry to a poker house. The game host, now known to be Aaron Awtry, 72, shot through the front door, striking sheriff’s deputy Matthew May with a bullet that went through his arm.

A vice squad in SWAT gear returned fire, hitting Awtry with multiple rounds in his arm and thumb … which was followed by a 20-minute standoff between cops and players, according to a spokesman for the Greenville County Sheriff’s Department. Both shooting victims were taken to the hospital where they are in stable condition.

There were 12 people and Awtry in the house at 502 Pine Knoll Drive when police arrived at about 9:20 pm last night. According to frontline witnesses, they had just finished a small buy-in dinnertime tourney … and a 1/2 cash game was just getting underway when someone saw 5-0 approaching on a security monitor. Before he could clearly vocalize an alert, a battery ram begin slamming the front door and players froze. Awtry, who players say has notoriously bad hearing in his senior years and presumably believed the game was being robbed, began shooting at the door with his pistol, firing “at least once” according to a player, “multiple shots” according to police. At least four officers returned fire at the door with at least 20 bullets from their higher-powered assault weapons.

As Awtry fell back into the poker room entryway, he balked, “Why didn’t you tell me it was the cops?”
Everyone but Awtry was issued a $100 fine. As any aficionado of old western flicks can tell you, this isn't the first time a poker game turned into a gunfight. But still...

Onward and upward,
airforce

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.