Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149965
11/19/2011 02:10 PM
11/19/2011 02:10 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
The US Army is expected now to send "compensation teams" around to deal with issues of shot out glass, kicked in doors and dead household animals (or people). These "SWAT" outfits operate with no honor. The fact this is done with victimless crimes like someone buying or selling some dope is clear evidence that what you have is just a bunch of thugs looking for excuses to loot and shoot.

Back in the 1980s, everyone knew what and where the crackhouses were, and those places were rarely hit until the community complaints had piled up and everyone on the street knew what and where a crackhouse was. Now we are supposed to think that much force gets mobilized by "overworked" cops for an alleged dope house where one controlled transaction may or may not have taken place and they are not even 100% sure of the location of the transaction? It is a very clear example of the SWAT solution going around looking for a problem.

Yeah, collect the names, but without widespread public support for retaliation, I doubt it will be actually happening.

The only other option right now is widespread complaints to federal authorities, who will of course ignore most of the complaints and thus erode confidence and support for the federal government as these atrocities against freedom continue.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149966
11/19/2011 03:45 PM
11/19/2011 03:45 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Back in SC we ran a video store from 93-01 (couldn't compete with blockbuster.) We had about 5-6 movies disappearing a week I fought one guy when the cops got there one said they probably go trade them for crack a few streets over from our store. I asked if they knew it was there why not bust it? He stammered around the question wouldn't answer me. Figured somebody was being paid.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149967
11/20/2011 03:34 AM
11/20/2011 03:34 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Originally posted by HARBINGER:
Back in SC we ran a video store from 93-01 (couldn't compete with blockbuster.) We had about 5-6 movies disappearing a week I fought one guy when the cops got there one said they probably go trade them for crack a few streets over from our store. I asked if they knew it was there why not bust it? He stammered around the question wouldn't answer me. Figured somebody was being paid.
Not a rare or unusual circumstance. The usual case is that the government is not on the straight bribe program as much as controlling the place through some form of blackmail while those who frequent the crackhouse become targets of various investigations as someone else who is a regular there (or running the place) is a productive confidential informant.

A highly productive confidential informant is extremely valuable to local law enforcement and that is where you will see crimes being manufactured just to keep the productive informant out of jail and on the streets. They gain high levels of credibility with law enforcement and on the street level, can carry more actual authority than those with badges because they effectively have a license to selectively break laws and call in the law, options which regular criminals do not have day to day, but will aspire to gain. It is something that regular citizens would despise if they knew about it, but rarely get privvy to.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149968
11/20/2011 08:46 AM
11/20/2011 08:46 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
A highly productive confidential informant is extremely valuable to local law enforcement and that is where you will see crimes being manufactured just to keep the productive informant out of jail and on the streets. They gain high levels of credibility with law enforcement and on the street level, can carry more actual authority than those with badges because they effectively have a license to selectively break laws and call in the law, options which regular criminals do not have day to day, but will aspire to gain. It is something that regular citizens would despise if they knew about it, but rarely get privvy to.

I KNOW someone who knows someone just like that.

He grew up in the same neighborhood with my dude and was always cool to him. Then when he was looking to make some cash because he lost his job that's when the pet snitch made his moves...

Pet snitch-that's a good name, right? Cuz I knew that motherfucker and he was always in dirt but never got dirty, y'know.

So with my dude's money and the snitch's automtive knowhow they started buying cars... except that there was something always wrong-darn and the snitch was supposed to know better from a lifetime of horse trading.

My dude went along, at least until they started talking about guns and over the phone the pet snitch tried to talk him into buying a TEC 9 that had a murder on it for 200 bucks.

I had told my dumbass friend to break off contact with the piece of shit, he was setting him up for a fall so he told me that he said hell no over the phone. Good for him.

I think that's what tipped off that dirtbag that that particular cow was milked because in a couple months he set him up with the local traffic maids. Oh he was squeaky clean but liked to go out so he got a DUI. And got milked. And the pet snitch got away with hustling him.

I heard later he was a CI, and given how he's been running around his entire life hustling and always got along with the cops well, do the math. My friend didn't.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149969
11/20/2011 08:48 AM
11/20/2011 08:48 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
As for SWAT getting away with shit, somewhere down the road someone's just going to have to say fuck it because the current trend of cops getting away with shit isn't going to stop on it's own.

Be your own leader

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149970
11/20/2011 02:38 PM
11/20/2011 02:38 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Originally posted by J. Croft:
As for SWAT getting away with shit, somewhere down the road someone's just going to have to say fuck it because the current trend of cops getting away with shit isn't going to stop on it's own.
Something that breed is almost never trained for is resisting "intensive questioning" once they are picked up, held at a discreet location and thoroughly questioned by Mr Blowtorch. Under those circumstances, it is never particularly difficult to determine who the orders for the death squad attack were coming from.

The problem is that it often becomes very difficult to determine who those orders are coming from when you are the poor schmuck who is getting raided by surprise and the shooters don't know or care much who you are or what is really going on. It is still fairly rare where a police shotcaller sets the case up and is the first man through the door and pulls the trigger himself, but it has happened that way (with no dire consequences for the pigs of course), in the Donald Scott case down in Los Angeles county in the early 1990s. It was a clear cut federal jurisdiction federal murder under color of authority case, but the local federal magistrates just rubber stamped their approval on the operation (no surprises there).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_P._Scott

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149971
11/29/2011 01:17 PM
11/29/2011 01:17 PM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Guess what? Jose Guerena's murderers are CLEARED.

http://rt.com/usa/news/charges-jose-guerena-swat-409/

Be your own leader

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149972
11/29/2011 01:57 PM
11/29/2011 01:57 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Nope, no surprises there.

Some unverified "inside scoop" I got was they have gone through some sort of command level shakedown at that SWAT outfit, some guy who had previously been the head of that SWAT unit took a police chief job in a small town in Oregon before this incident took place, and then after the incident, left Oregon and supposedly went back to Arizona to take charge of that screwball outfit and try to straighten them out, but the department he ran in Coquille Oregon did have one very questionable killing in which the officers were of course, cleared.

Thing is one of the two officers involved got caught with his pants down with a teenage girl near the high school, in the squad car. Fired, but no charges filed...

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149973
11/29/2011 02:11 PM
11/29/2011 02:11 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
I wish I could say I was surprised. Obviously, I'm not.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149974
11/29/2011 03:14 PM
11/29/2011 03:14 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
The People just need to remember who these murderers are, so when we Win the War there will be justice for the victims. Justice delayed is better then no justice.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149975
12/06/2011 09:23 AM
12/06/2011 09:23 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Nothing but gangsters.

Be your own leader

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149976
12/06/2011 08:24 PM
12/06/2011 08:24 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
Originally posted by Breacher:

Thing is one of the two officers involved got caught with his pants down with a teenage girl near the high school, in the squad car. Fired, but no charges filed...
You gotta be kidding me. If you or I were taking a leak out in the middle of nowhere in the woods and a teenage girl walked by, we'd be charged with a sex crime and have to register as a sex offender. Yet these dirtbags get off scott-free for ANYTHING EVERY time.

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149977
12/07/2011 01:15 AM
12/07/2011 01:15 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, screwing one of the girls who wanted to be a police cadet or something like that. Corrupting the morals of a teenage hooker/cop groupie. It was the big deal in the small town for a little while but the local word was the girl went begging for the sex. Believe it or not, the new Chief was pressured to keep the guy on, but the sex issue plus the questionable killing issue were the main reasons for the firing and I think still not written up in such a way that the guy could not get a police job elsewhere.

Same thing happened with a fireman in the next county over and he did a little prison time over it.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149978
12/10/2011 10:34 AM
12/10/2011 10:34 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This one will cost Minneapolis $1 million.

The Minneapolis City Council approved a $1 million settlement Friday after a botched drug raid in 2010 in which an officer threw a “flash-bang” grenade into a south Minneapolis apartment burning the flesh off a woman’s leg.

The payout to Rickia Russell, who suffered permanent injuries, was the third largest payout for alleged Minneapolis police misconduct on record.

Flash grenades are intended to distract and intimidate, not to injure people, but during the raid the device rolled under the legs of Russell, who was seated on a sofa, and exploded. The police were looking that day for a drug dealer, narcotics and a firearm, but found nothing.

Russell, now 31, suffered third- and fourth-degree burns that caused a deep indentation on the back of one leg, requiring skin grafts from her scalp. She is still undergoing physical therapy.

“What happened in this case was an accident,” Minneapolis city attorney Susan Segal said in a statement. “It’s very unfortunate that Ms. Russell suffered serious injuries, however, accidents like this are rare.”

Yet incidents of fires, injuries and even deaths caused by the devices have led to costly settlements and policy changes in cities nationwide, including Minneapolis, where a 1989 fire started by a police grenade killed two people.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149979
12/10/2011 11:12 AM
12/10/2011 11:12 AM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Originally posted by airforce:
This one will cost Minneapolis $1 million.

The Minneapolis City Council approved a $1 million settlement Friday after a botched drug raid in 2010 in which [b]an officer threw a “flash-bang” grenade into a south Minneapolis apartment burning the flesh off a woman’s leg.

The payout to Rickia Russell, who suffered permanent injuries, was the third largest payout for alleged Minneapolis police misconduct on record.

Flash grenades are intended to distract and intimidate, not to injure people, but during the raid the device rolled under the legs of Russell, who was seated on a sofa, and exploded. The police were looking that day for a drug dealer, narcotics and a firearm, but found nothing.

Russell, now 31, suffered third- and fourth-degree burns that caused a deep indentation on the back of one leg, requiring skin grafts from her scalp. She is still undergoing physical therapy.

“What happened in this case was an accident,” Minneapolis city attorney Susan Segal said in a statement. “It’s very unfortunate that Ms. Russell suffered serious injuries, however, accidents like this are rare.”

Yet incidents of fires, injuries and even deaths caused by the devices have led to costly settlements and policy changes in cities nationwide, including Minneapolis, where a 1989 fire started by a police grenade killed two people.
Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
They will cover it with more taxes I'm sure.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149980
01/15/2012 09:35 AM
01/15/2012 09:35 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Yes, they happen in Maui, too.

A Kihei couple is suing the Maui Police Department in federal court after officers allegedly raided their home while executing a search warrant on the wrong address last year.

April and Norman Freeland allege that police forced them outside and searched their home for nearly half an hour, even after they knew they were at the wrong location. Attorney Sam MacRoberts of the Law Office of Philip Lowenthal said the couple still has never seen a warrant for the search.

“Everyone is supposed to feel safe inside their home, and the one person who’s supposed to protect you, the police, are the ones who invaded their home,” he said. “They feel violated.” (...)

According to the Freelands’ complaint, they were at home hosting a dinner for three guests on April 15 when they heard a loud noise from their front lanai at around 9 p.m.

When the Freelands approached the door to their lanai they found armed men who did not identify themselves but were later identified as Maui Police officers, according to the complaint.

“When Norman Freeland touched the door, the men rushed into the Freelands’ home without permission,” the complaint alleges, adding that the officers did not “knock and announce” their presence as required by state law.

The officers “screamed and yelled” as they entered the home, grabbed Norman Freeland by the wrist and forced him and his wife outside, where they were held by a man carrying a “combat-type weapon,” according to the complaint.

The men told the Freelands that they had a warrant but did not show it to them, according to the complaint. It also claims April Freeland told them that they were at the wrong house and pointed out that their address was clearly displayed on the outside fence and door. Still, the officers continued to detain them and searched the house for around 30 minutes, according to the complaint....
A police spokeswoman has said that "This is the first time I’m aware of this ever happening in all the years I’ve been involved in representing the Maui Police Department."

Yeah. That's why there's ten pages in this thread now, because it happens so rarely.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149981
01/15/2012 10:25 AM
01/15/2012 10:25 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, the idea is that as long as the warrant was validated, even in error, the police are at the premises "legally" therefore they can fish around for more justification in making a case against whoever they encounter. The courts like to cal it "acting in good faith", yeah, "good faith to fine collecting prison filling machine, not the general public.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149982
01/25/2012 09:41 AM
01/25/2012 09:41 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
Surprised that this one didn't get covered here:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53237543-78/police-ogden-officers-force.html.csp?page=1

Money quote: "There really was not a great deal that was unique, other than the outcome," said Strike Force Commander Darin Parke.

What can you say when an Army vet gives the SWAT team a 50% casualty rate.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149983
01/25/2012 11:00 AM
01/25/2012 11:00 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Originally posted by Pericles:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53237543-78/police-ogden-officers-force.html.csp?page=1

Money quote: "There really was not a great deal that was unique, other than the outcome," said Strike Force Commander Darin Parke.

What can you say when an Army vet gives the SWAT team a 50% casualty rate.
Well Done

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149984
01/25/2012 02:41 PM
01/25/2012 02:41 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa

See this thread . This is one of those situations where we just don't have a lot of information to go on, but the Ogden SWAT was involved in at least one questionable shooting in the recent past.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149985
01/25/2012 02:47 PM
01/25/2012 02:47 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
And this just in--the all the search warrant have been sealed in this case, including the original one which sent the SWAT out there in the first place. We're not likely to be getting much more information anytime soon.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149986
01/26/2012 07:16 AM
01/26/2012 07:16 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
[b] Surprised that this one didn't get covered here:

See this thread . This is one of those situations where we just don't have a lot of information to go on, but the Ogden SWAT was involved in at least one questionable shooting in the recent past.

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
I must be getting old, or preparing for a "field grade lobotomy".

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149987
01/26/2012 07:35 AM
01/26/2012 07:35 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Nah. Somebody else beat me to the story originally, and started another thread about it. I really don't mind; I'm sure I miss a lot of these, because I'm just one guy. If you see one that I haven't posted, PLEASE don't hesitate to post it here. I need all the help I can get.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149988
01/31/2012 12:46 PM
01/31/2012 12:46 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
From Fitchburg, Massachusetts:

It was a horror movie come to life.

Judy Sanchez woke Thursday to the sound of heavy footsteps in her stairwell, followed by a loud motor. She got to her kitchen in time to see the blade of a chain saw rip through her front door.

"It was so crazy," Judy Sanchez said. "I was terrified."

Jan. 26 was the day of Operation Red Wolf, a multiagency sweep during which 16 people in Fitchburg were arrested on charges related to gang activity, drug trafficking and illegal gun sales after a two-year investigation by federal, state and local law-enforcement officers.

The people sawing through her door were FBI agents, looking for a gang member suspected of trafficking cocaine. But they went to the wrong address.
photo COURTESY Judy Sanchez The door to the apartment of Judy Sanchez at 391 Elm St., in Fitchburg after FBI agents used a chain saw to tear the door down.

Sanchez said the ordeal traumatized her and her 3-year-old daughter, Ji'anni, and she is unsatisfied with the agency's response to the error.

About 10 FBI agents came into her apartment at 391 Elm St., that morning, guns drawn and pointed at her. There was no knock, and they didn't shout that they were from the FBI until after the saw was buzzing through her six-panel front door, she said.

She believes it took about three minutes for them to saw a big rectangle through the door, then kick in the center. She shouted repeatedly that they had the wrong place.

Once the first agent was inside, she was ordered facedown on the floor at gunpoint. Her 3-month-old pit-bull Lexi wet the floor, and she was instructed to grab the
Advertisement
dog and hold her. To do so, she said, she had to reach through the dog's urine.

Sanchez doesn't know how long she was held on the floor, but estimates it was between 30 and 45 minutes while her daughter cried in the other room. It was a cold morning, and she was not allowed to put warm clothes on.

"I was still at gunpoint the whole time. I was freezing," Sanchez said.

The FBI agents kept asking her where Luis Vasquez was, and she said she didn't know.

Sanchez and her daughter live in apartment 2R, which is located in the rear of the building. The other apartment on the floor, 2F, is at the front and is the home of Luis R. "Joker" Vasquez, but Sanchez said she only knew him as "Jay."

Vasquez, 41, is believed to be the leader of the local arm of the Sex, Money, Murda gang and was captured in his apartment. He faces up to 40 years in prison, a $5 million fine and lifetime supervision when released.

Tim Christmas, the former building manager, was called in to install a replacement door in Sanchez' apartment. He estimated the fiberglass, prehung door unit he installed cost about $250.

The FBI will reimburse Lancaster Oaks Development, the company that owns the building, for the door.

Christmas also said he repaired the frame to Vasquez's back door, which was pushed in for entrance.

"This is a big screw-up," Christmas said.

He and Sanchez are both in disbelief that Vasquez could be involved in a gang, saying they thought he was a positive influence in the neighborhood and good with children.

A female FBI agent wrote down a number for Sanchez's landlord to call for reimbursement for the door and the number for Damon Katz, chief counsel for the Boston division of the FBI. Sanchez said she received a quick oral apology that was devoid of remorse.

"Just a little pat on the back and saying 'I'm sorry' is not OK," she said.

She said chain-sawing through a door may be common practice for the FBI, but it was a traumatic event for her and her daughter.

Sanchez attends classes at Fitchburg State University and didn't go to class Thursday, feeling too disoriented. She's having trouble sleeping now, and her daughter didn't want to go into their bathroom all weekend because it is located next to the door the FBI used.

An FBI spokesman read a prepared statement about the incident.

"The mistake was quickly apparent to the FBI agents who entered the apartment. ... The FBI assistant special agent in charge recognized legitimate concerns the resident had about the mistake," the statement read.

The statement maintained that the agent that spoke with Sanchez apologized repeatedly and left her phone number and another number for any "further concerns."

The FBI does not reveal specific operational details about the tactics of an arrest team, such as how long it takes to open a door. The spokesman said the agents typically wield M4 assault rifles and that it's possible the shock of the event confused Sanchez about the length of time everything took.

The Fitchburg Police Department was not involved in the incident. Police spokesman Sgt. Glenn Fossa said he does not have direct knowledge of the details of the incident. He said the concept of compensation for property damage and trauma from a misdirected police raid is too broad a concept to identify a policy for what the department would do in a similar scenario.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149989
02/03/2012 06:29 AM
02/03/2012 06:29 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
From Dallas, Texas. See here , also.

According to the complaint, which made its way to Courthouse News yesterday, Cantu, a diesel mechanic, was making his lunch January 22, 2010, when he saw a few cops streaking across his yard. A deafening explosion shook the room as a flash bomb shot through the door. Nearly 20 officers crashed in.

“Get on the ground!” they allegedly ordered him. Cantu, according to the complaint, obliged and was zipcuffed. Inexplicably, the filing claims, the officers kicked and punched him until he was unconscious, lying in a pool of his own blood on the kitchen floor. Meanwhile, they searched his house and allegedly didn’t find what they were after. Cantu’s alleged butcher’s bill: a broken orbital bone, a broken nose, a concussion, traumatic brain injury, a loss of vision in his left eye and loss of hearing in his left ear. According to his complaint, the “injuries required surgical intervention and caused significant scarring and disfigurement.”

Cantu was arrested but never charged with a crime.
We can't find any record of this anywhere, and the lawyers are not responding to questions. Strange.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149990
02/03/2012 08:17 AM
02/03/2012 08:17 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
From Dallas, Texas. See here , also.

According to the complaint, which made its way to Courthouse News yesterday, Cantu, a diesel mechanic, was making his lunch January 22, 2010, when he saw a few cops streaking across his yard. A deafening explosion shook the room as a flash bomb shot through the door. Nearly 20 officers crashed in.

“Get on the ground!” they allegedly ordered him. Cantu, according to the complaint, obliged and was zipcuffed. Inexplicably, the filing claims, the officers kicked and punched him until he was unconscious, lying in a pool of his own blood on the kitchen floor. Meanwhile, they searched his house and allegedly didn’t find what they were after. Cantu’s alleged butcher’s bill: a broken orbital bone, a broken nose, a concussion, traumatic brain injury, a loss of vision in his left eye and loss of hearing in his left ear. According to his complaint, the “injuries required surgical intervention and caused significant scarring and disfigurement.”

Cantu was arrested but never charged with a crime.
We can't find any record of this anywhere, and the lawyers are not responding to questions. Strange.

Onward and upward,
airforce
I think this would be this case:

CITY OF DALLAS, DAVID O. BROWN §
IN HIS OFFICIAL CAPACITY, OFFICER §
C. HIGHT, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL §
AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, OFFICER §
T. RIVERA, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL §
AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, D. FOSTER, §
IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL §
CAPACITY, C. WAGNER, IN HIS §
INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, §
K. KRESTA, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITY, G. GARCIA, IN HIS §
INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, §
J. FORTIER, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITY, SGT. A. HARVEY, §
IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL §
CAPACITY, JOHN DOE NOS. 1 THROUGH §
10, IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITIES, §
§
Defendants

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149991
02/03/2012 08:46 AM
02/03/2012 08:46 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
That's gotta be it. Strange how nobody is talking about this.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149992
03/10/2012 09:07 AM
03/10/2012 09:07 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
New Orleans police shoot, kill an unarmed man during a marijuana raid. And the War on Drugs marches on.

New Orleans police officials confirmed Thursday that the 20-year-old man who was fatally shot by a plain-clothed narcotics officer during a drug raid at a Gentilly house a day earlier was unarmed. New Orleans police officer Joshua Colclough, 28, fired a single shot Wednesday evening that killed Wendell Allen, 20. Police officials were guarded in their comments about the shooting Thursday, citing the ongoing investigation.

We have not been able to yet completely understand what exactly occurred,” Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said Thursday.

The shooting took place inside a red-brick, two-story home at 2651 Prentiss Ave. in Gentilly. Officers were executing a search warrant at the home following a days-old probe of marijuana dealing. Serpas said officers later found drug paraphernalia and 138 grams of marijuana — about four and a half ounces — inside the residence.
Well, I'll tell you what happened, Police Superintendent Serpas. You had armed thugs break into a house and murder a kid, because they barely had enough marijuana to constitute a crime. Do you really think it was worth it?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149993
03/10/2012 11:24 AM
03/10/2012 11:24 AM
Port Huron,Michigan
B
Bill Alexander Offline
Bill Alexander  Offline
B
Port Huron,Michigan
I read all these stories concerning LEO and SWAT Raids, that end in loss of life, or Pets being killed..Its Rampant, and going on all the Time.

The JBT are always Cleared of wrong-doing, and the Prosecutors, always bail them out, by lying about the Trumped up Charges for the Warrants..

This is going to get worse , NDAA will get more Citizens and Patroits Killed...Time to start Hitting Back..and Defend yourself at all cost!

This is going to get a lot of Badge Monkeys Killed!

Semper Fi
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149994
03/10/2012 01:20 PM
03/10/2012 01:20 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Couple of steel hangers lag bolted on king studs at each door and a removeable 2X4 set in hangers across the door durring sleep time, The scum "reguardless of who" won't be getting in before you are locked and loaded and ready to stack some wood. A little creative paint for looks should please the wife,can't hurt to be ready in these strange days.

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149995
03/15/2012 01:27 PM
03/15/2012 01:27 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Oregon man mistakes for prowlers a SWAT team preparing to raid his neighbor's home. SWAT shoots him three times.

The man shot by Washington County tactical officers in New Columbia Tuesday night had grabbed a gun because he thought intruders were on his property after his wife had checked on their barking dog in their backyard and saw a stranger in dark clothing.

Alberto Flores-Haro, according to relatives and witnesses, did not know that the men surrounding his home and neighborhood Tuesday night were authorities approaching to raid a residence just a few doors down from his home in the 9500 block of North Woolsey Avenue....

Neighbor Juan Soto Martinez, 16, who lives across a walkway from Flores-Haro's home, said he heard Flores at his front door yelling with a man, who seemed to be outside, on the side of his house. Then, he heard multiple gunshots.

Ibarra found his stepdad collapsed in the front doorway of their home, shot in one arm and twice in the stomach, and called 9-1-1 about 10 p.m.

" I grabbed a rag and put pressure on his forearm," Ibarra recalled, and told his mother to grab a towel from the kitchen and place pressure on Flores' torso wounds.

GS.51SHOT115-02.jpgView full size
Ibarra said his family had no idea that the men surrounding their home in tactical uniforms of army green were from the Washington County Sheriff's Office's Tactical Negotiation Team, who were assisting police.

He said of his dad, "I think he just wanted to scare them away. He didn't know who they were."

While his father lay bleeding, Ibarra said he was ordered out of the house.

"Once I stepped outside, I was ordered to get on the ground," said Ibarra, a Roosevelt High School senior.

He said the rest of his family, his mother and four other children from ages 5 and 13, were ordered to get out of the house, and then tactical officers grabbed his stepdad and carried him to a waiting ambulance.

Flores-Haro, 31, remains in serious condition at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center....

While Sgt. Pete Simpson said early today "there was an exchange of gunfire,'' police said later this afternoon that detectives have not determined if Flores-Haro fired any shots at police. Police also said that the officers "repeatedly identified themselves as law enforcement officers.''

"Preliminary information released at the scene was than an exchange of gunfire occurred. However, detectives have been searching for shell casings at the scene, which is lined by a heavily wood area. A handgun was recovered at the scene, but detectives have not determined if the man shot at police.'' (...)
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149996
03/15/2012 03:44 PM
03/15/2012 03:44 PM
Cochise County, AZ
A
AZ Hi Desert Offline
AZ Hi Desert  Offline
A
Cochise County, AZ
If the police were on his property, and had no warrant allowing them to be on his property, the police were bound to follow his orders, not the other way around. They had not secured permission for the staging of their 'operation' on his property. That makes it a taking (even under the abomination known as Kelo v. New London).

But, of course, the police will be 'cleared', as they thought themselves in 'danger'. And the media will dutifully report that, and the rational behind the 'ruling' by the police.

And if they get to court, the judge will rule that police have special rights that protect them from property owners, for 'public safety' reasons.

Constitution? How antiquated!

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149997
03/15/2012 06:29 PM
03/15/2012 06:29 PM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
Those retarded jack booted thugs should be arrested for criminal trespassing and attempted murder just like anyone else would be.

If they sent uniformed police in marked police cars with a warrant in hand to the front door and knocked he would not have been shot. Police should not be allowed to wear ski-masks and play swat team.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149998
03/28/2012 12:53 PM
03/28/2012 12:53 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
At least they gave the guy some money to fix his busted door.

When police broke through the door of Fred Skinner’s house wielding weapons, Skinner, 76, told them they were in the wrong house.

"They tried to put the handcuffs on me. They had my arm back… they said, 'Wrong house.' They took the handcuffs off me and just left," Skinner said.

Police realized that Skinner was telling the truth about five minutes into their house search.

The Finger Lakes Drug Task Force, Auburn Police, and the Rochester Police Department-- which was the lead agency--were involved in the raid.

Auburn Police Chief Gary Gianotta admitted it was a mistake, and Skinner was reimbursed with $1,250 to fix his doors. He said the force raided the wrong house four times in the last 16 years.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #149999
05/29/2012 05:03 AM
05/29/2012 05:03 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The Death of Gonzalo Guizan

Radley Balko has a long post on the 2008 death of Gonzalo Guizan, who was shot dad during a SWAT (technically, a "SWERT") raid in 2008 while visiting a friend. It's worth a read. Here's a snippet:

On the morning of May 18, 2008, the Easton Police Department got a telephone call from “Chandra Parker.”

It turns out that wasn’t her real name, but that didn’t matter. Solomon now had a reason to take action against Terebesi.

He called in members of the Southwest Regional Emergency Response Team, a SWAT force made up of police officers from Easton and four surrounding towns. Nine heavily armed officers charged into the home based on a search warrant that a miniscule amount of drugs had been seen there by Parker.

When the operation was over, Guizan, who was visiting Terebesi, had been shot dead . . .

Two officers expressed misgivings about the operation prior to its launch. The team’s commander urged it be delayed; another officer suggested the SWAT-style raid wasn’t even necessary. But Solomon insisted the raid had to be conducted that day.

A member of the team with the most critical role in the May 18 raid had received most of his training for a far different role in such an operation. He arrived an hour late to the pre-raid briefing.

And the woman whose complaint led to the search warrant and the raid had a criminal record and gave a false name to officers preparing the warrant — all of which was never conveyed to the judge who authorized the search.

The lawsuit charges that the raid by the Southwest Regional Emergency Response Team should never have been ordered.

“The decision to call out SWERT to execute the warrant was unjustified, unreasonable, an arbitrary abuse of police power and not based on a legitimate law enforcement objective,” the suit states. “It was intended to frighten, intimidate, harass and/or punish Terebisi and Guizan and, on information and belief, to further Solomon’s interests.”

Solomon, who had been chief since 1995, recently retired from the police department. His lawyer did not return calls and emails for comment. In his deposition testimony he states that based on the information he has now he would not have done anything differently in ordering the SWAT team to raid Terebesi’s home. He claimed he wanted the raid done as soon as possible to ensure that evidence of criminal activity was not destroyed before they could seize it. He continued the raid was necessary to “obtain the evidence that the crime — obviously a crime was occurring, and to obtain that evidence.”
As Mr. Balko says, Guizan's friend Ronald Terebise is not the sort of person you would want as a neighbor. To say that he is "unsavory" would be putting it very mildly. But even the information from the informant stated that Terebesi had been "using" cocaine, not selling it. And the small amount of cocaine seized in the raid would seem to back that up.

Why was Gonzalo Guizan killed? Because one of the officers shouted "I'm hit!" during the raid.

He had, indeed, been hit. By one of the flashbang grenades the SWERT officers used. For that, Guizan was shot six times.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150000
06/05/2012 11:15 PM
06/05/2012 11:15 PM
North Carolina
S
Super Beast Offline
Super Beast  Offline
S
North Carolina
http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/atf-agents-point-gun-at-8-year-old/?cat_orig=us

ATF Agents raid the wrong house, handcuff the mother and point weapons at an 8 year old.
I'm sure this won't make me any friends but I believe the only way to stop these kinds of raids is to respond in kind to those involved.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150001
06/06/2012 02:01 AM
06/06/2012 02:01 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Super Beast:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/atf-agents-point-gun-at-8-year-old/?cat_orig=us

ATF Agents raid the wrong house, handcuff the mother and point weapons at an 8 year old.
Thanks, Super Beast. I need all the help I can get with this. And if I haven' said so already, welcome to AWRM!

A Colorado woman has filed a lawsuit after agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the ATF, entered her home without a warrant and threatened her and her 8-year old-son while looking for a previous tenant who had left the address more than a year earlier.

According to the filing from Linda Griego, it was on June 15, 2010, when officers with the ATF – as part of the Regional Anti-Gang Enforcement Task Force – violently entered her home without a warrant, handcuffed and pointed guns at her and her son, Colby Frias.

“They had multiple machine pistols pointed at my son. I could see the laser sights on his body and he began to freak out. While I was cuffed I had to calm him down while the officers broke down his bedroom door,” she said.

Her legal action is against the Greeley Police Department and the ATF for illegally entering the home without a warrant.

David Lane, Griego’s attorney, told WND that to this day the agency still has not produced a warrant authorizing it to enter her home. He said Frias continues to suffer nightmares about the events of that day....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150002
06/07/2012 05:17 AM
06/07/2012 05:17 AM
Alabama
P
PlowboysGhost Offline
PlowboysGhost  Offline
P
Alabama
Originally posted by Super Beast:

I'm sure this won't make me any friends but I believe the only way to stop these kinds of raids is to respond in kind to those involved.
Seems like you're off to a fine start. I strongly agree with you.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150003
06/07/2012 10:37 PM
06/07/2012 10:37 PM
North Carolina
S
Super Beast Offline
Super Beast  Offline
S
North Carolina
Wasn't sure if I was out of my lane posting that. I can't start a new thread so I will leave this here, it's a kinda long video but well worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RVmGWLsn0iM

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150004
06/18/2012 07:56 AM
06/18/2012 07:56 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Ninth Circuit: DEA can\'t put a gun to an eleven-year-old\'s head. After more than five years, a family in Seeley, California, is finally about to get justice.

At 7 a.m. on January 20, 2007, DEA agents battered down the door to Thomas and Rosalie Avina’s mobile home in Seeley, California, in search of suspected drug trafficker Louis Alvarez. Thomas Avina met the agents in his living room and told them they were making a mistake. Shouting “Don’t you fucking move,” the agents forced Thomas Avina to the floor at gunpoint, and handcuffed him and his wife, who had been lying on a couch in the living room. As the officers made their way to the back of the house, where the Avina’s 11-year-old and 14-year-old daughters were sleeping, Rosalie Avina screamed, “Don’t hurt my babies. Don’t hurt my babies.”

The agents entered the 14-year-old girl’s room first, shouting “Get down on the fucking ground.” The girl, who was lying on her bed, rolled onto the floor, where the agents handcuffed her. Next they went to the 11-year-old’s room. The girl was sleeping. Agents woke her up by shouting “Get down on the fucking ground.” The girl’s eyes shot open, but she was, according to her own testimony, “frozen in fear.” So the agents dragged her onto the floor. While one agent handcuffed her, another held a gun to her head.

Moments later the two daughters were carried into the living room and placed next to their parents on the floor while DEA agents ransacked their home. After 30 minutes, the agents removed the children’s handcuffs. After two hours, the agents realized they had the wrong house—the product of a sloppy license plate transcription—and left.

In 2008, the Avinas—mom, dad, and both daughters—filed a federal suit against the DEA for excessive use of force, assault, and battery in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. That court ruled in favor of the DEA, and the Avinas appealed. Last week, the family got justice.

While the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals defended the agents' rough treatment of Thomas and Rosalie, it also declared that yanking the Avina children of their beds and putting guns to their heads did, in fact, constitute the “intentional infliction of emotional distress.”

"A jury could find that the agents pointed their guns at the head of an eleven-year-old girl, 'like they were going to shoot [her],' while she lay on the floor in handcuffs, and that it was excessive for them to do so," reads the Ninth Circuit's decision, which was filed June 12. "Similarly, a jury could find that the agents’ decision to force the two girls to lie face down on the floor with their hands cuffed behind their backs was unreasonable."
here is the 13-page decision from the Ninth Circuit. from the decision:

Although there is evidence that the agents released the girls from their handcuffs once they realized how young they were, there is also evidence that the agents knew, prior to entering the girls’ bedrooms, that the girls were children. Rosalie testified that, as the agents were heading towards the girls’ rooms, she screamed at the agents several times, “Don’t hurt my babies.” Moreover, one of the agents testified at his deposition that, when he first saw one of the girls (presumably the older of the two girls), she appeared to be “12 [or] 13 years old.”
Note that the raid actually took place while President George Bush was still in office, but it was the Obama administration that decided to defend federal agents holding guns to the heads of children.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.