Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150045
01/03/2013 09:53 AM
01/03/2013 09:53 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Negligant officials need to be held accountable.

Isn't a Sheriffs department hired across multiple cities a private law enforcement agency in many ways?

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150046
01/03/2013 10:21 AM
01/03/2013 10:21 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
No, it's a government agency funded by the county. The deputies are actually county employees.

A private law enforcement or security firm would operate under a contract with the city, county, or other entity, and the employees would actually be employed by that private company. If they are found liable for damages due to negligence or willful misbehavior, the company or the individual employees would be held liable, not the city or county who contracted with them.

In a true free market anarchy, the company might actually be hired by a consortium of insurance agencies to protect the insured (and the insurance companies) from loss, much the same way a baron would hire individuals to protect his barony back in feudal times.

The concept of a public law enforcement agency is actually a relatively modern concept, begun in London in the 1840's. For most of his law enforcement career, Wyatt Earp operated under a contract, being paid a couple dollars for each drunken cowboy he arrested.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150047
01/03/2013 10:48 AM
01/03/2013 10:48 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Pinkertons come to mind as well.

I'm learning to appreciate your free market anarchy concepts.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150048
01/03/2013 01:10 PM
01/03/2013 01:10 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Originally posted by Archangel1:
Pinkertons come to mind as well.

I'm learning to appreciate your free market anarchy concepts.
Yeah, he kinda grows on ya, eh? laugh

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150049
01/03/2013 02:32 PM
01/03/2013 02:32 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
It ain't often I get compliments like that. Usually people just tell me I'm nuts. laugh

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150050
01/08/2013 08:33 AM
01/08/2013 08:33 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
Let "Nature" take its course by publishing the Pigs addresses.

Dirt naps will eventually get the point across. After a point - they will have no option but to be more cautious.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150051
01/14/2013 04:14 AM
01/14/2013 04:14 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
ICE agents raid wrong house in Moore, Oklahoma. Gee, that almost never happens, does it?

MOORE, Oklahoma - A Moore family is still shaken after ICE agents raided the wrong house.

According to the family, it's a case of mistaken identity, and now they want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"I don't feel too good," said Carlos Estrada Barrintos. "I don't sleep too good, I wake up like at 5:30 in the morning, you know because it's still in my mind."

It was 5:30 a.m. Tuesday when Carlos Estrada says he got a knock at his door by a team of ICE agents that he and his family will never forget.

"I don't want it to happen with anybody else," said Estrada.

He says his wife, 15-year-old daughter, and 18-year-old son were aggressively handcuffed and sat on the floor of their living room.

"I don't have no T-shirt, no shoes," said Estrada. "I just got on my shorts. I'm just lost."

"The guy, he was like right here, and he had pictures and he was looking at them and showing us, and they didn't even look like him," said Estrada's 15-year-old son, Isaac.

With guns drawn in the home he's lived in for over 10 years, Estrada says agents realized after about five minutes they had the wrong guy. But he says he was kept in handcuffs for another 40 minutes to be fingerprinted. He says he was even asked for his green card.

"I saw my kids and my wife," said an emotional Estrada.

Carlos says he's done nothing but try to do what's right and obey the law. He's been a legal U.S. citizen since 1988....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150052
01/14/2013 07:25 AM
01/14/2013 07:25 AM
West Virginia
A
Asher Offline
Asher  Offline
A
West Virginia
Here is a simple solution start sueing states, police departments and etc. for wrongful endangerment and reckless endangerment. Even if you lose the case you make the departments prove they were responsible and didn't act recklessly.

This goes back to the Good Faith/Bad Faith Legal Cause of defining malcious intent. Reckless Endangerment isn't a malicious intent to kill someone so its not murder but it is a malicious intent to disregard the rights of others. This goes back to a "loop hole" of Bad Elk v. United States that says we have a right to kill LEOs. Reckless disregard isn't malcious intent to do an individual harm but to the malcious disregard of a person's safety and civil rights.

Everyone going for broke on accusing murder supports a very "loop hole" for police to escape criminal charges by simply assuming the lesser offense of reckless endangerment. Which justifies shooting the bastartds on your door step and will produce a lot nicer cops.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150053
01/14/2013 07:29 AM
01/14/2013 07:29 AM
West Virginia
A
Asher Offline
Asher  Offline
A
West Virginia
Here is a simple solution start sueing states, police departments and etc. for wrongful endangerment and reckless endangerment. Even if you lose the case you make the departments prove they were responsible and didn't act recklessly.

This goes back to the Good Faith/Bad Faith Legal Cause of defining malcious intent. Reckless Endangerment isn't a malicious intent to kill someone so its not murder but it is a malicious intent to disregard the rights of others. This goes back to a "loop hole" of Bad Elk v. United States that says we have a right to kill LEOs. Reckless disregard isn't malcious intent to do an individual harm but to the malcious disregard of a person's safety and civil rights.

Everyone going for broke on accusing murder supports a very "loop hole" for police to escape criminal charges by simply assuming the lesser offense of reckless endangerment. Which justifies shooting the bastartds on your door step and will produce a lot nicer cops.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150054
01/14/2013 04:49 PM
01/14/2013 04:49 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Memphis police kill "animal hoarder." Having a lot of cats and dogs in Memphis is enough to get a Memphis TACT team to force entry into your home. And if you happen to have a gun to defend yourself, well...

A suspected animal hoarder has been shot and killed by Memphis Police in Cordova. Now we know what officers found inside that home.

The deadly police-involved shooting happened during the execution of a search warrant in the 1000 block of Cameron Ridge Trail in Cordova.

Plenty of police remain on the scene along with Memphis Animal Services and the Humane Society.

Officers were trying to serve an animal cruelty-related search warrant when the homeowner was shot and killed.

Blue lights and blocked streets greeted people attempting to return home from work Friday night.

More shocking is what police say they found inside the home of a suspected animal hoarder on Cameron Ridge Trail.

"Inside the house we did find a lot of cats, dogs," said MPD Sgt. Karen Rudolph.

"I've been told there were raccoons, possums, chickens," she continued.

A Memphis Police TACT unit forced entry into the home while attempting to serve an animal cruelty warrant on behalf of Memphis Animal Services.

"And the homeowner was armed with a gun, pointed it at one of the TACT officers, and TACT officers shot the suspect," said Rudolph.

The suspect, said to be a man in his mid to late 60's, was pronounced dead on the scene....
It's a good thing this dangerous criminal is off the streets.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150055
01/16/2013 05:55 AM
01/16/2013 05:55 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Police go to wrong house (responding to an alarm from a business[/b]), kill pet dog. Well, at least it wasn't a drug raid.

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.

Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they forced their way through the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and an Adams County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed him.

[b]“(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”

Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.

“I called the dog, he turned to come back to me and the police officer opened fire,” said Fisher.

Ziggy was an 8-year-old Blue Healer/Border Collie mix.

The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to the address on reports of a business alarm going off.

A spokesman said he can’t say more until the investigation is complete but did release this statement, “It’s our goal at the Adams County Sheriff’s Office to complete a thorough investigation of this incident, be able to answer any questions that people who have concerns about this incident may have and to do right for the owner of this dog.”

Fisher said he wants that deputy to be held accountable.

“I’m on the ground crying hysterically and the police officer says, ‘You need to calm down, you can get a new dog,’” said Fisher.

Fisher said he rents space from the neighboring business where the alarm was sounded.

The attorney representing Fisher believes that animal shootings are out of control.

Jennifer Edwards referred to the elk in Boulder and the dog in Commerce City that were recently shot and killed by law enforcement.

“Something has got to be done about it. They’re taking our family members and I don’t care that they’re the furry family members they’re family members no less,” said Edwards.

Edwards wants answers and reform on how law enforcement deals with animals. She believes a lawsuit is likely.

Fisher said he just wants his friend back, “I don’t have kids. That’s my son.”
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150056
03/06/2013 03:24 AM
03/06/2013 03:24 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
"This is what happens when your grandma sells crack." A lawsuit recently filed in federal court tells thestory of another wrong-door raid:

Chicago police terrorized six children in the wrong apartment, demanding at gunpoint that an 11-month-old show his hands, and telling one child, "This is what happens when your grandma sells crack," the family claims in court.

Lead plaintiffs Charlene and Samuel Holly sued Chicago, police Officer Patrick Kinney and eight John Does in Federal Court, on their own behalves and for their children and children.

The six children were 11 months to 13 years old at the time. Plaintiffs Connie and Michelle Robinson are Charlene Holly's daughters.

The complaint states: "On November 29, 2012 in the early evening hours Charlene Holly was in the first floor apartment at 10640 S. Prairie in the front room helping minor Child #1, Child #2, Child #4, and Child #5 rehearse songs for their church choir. Charlene was also caring for Child #3, who was 11 months old. Child #6 was in the upstairs apartment alone.

"Charlene and the children heard a loud boom outside and a voice cry out 'Across the street!'

"Defendant Officers John Doe 1-8 burst through the door to the first floor apartment dressed in army fatigues and pointing guns at Charlene and the children. The officers yelled at Charlene and the children to 'Get on the ground!' The officers referred to Charlene and the children as 'm---f---ers' numerous times.

"Afraid of the guns being pointed at them, Children #1, 2, 4, and 5 ran to a back bedroom in fear of the officers. In response to the defendants' order to 'Get on the ground!,' Charlene got down on the floor. A defendant Officer told Charlene to 'Put the baby down' so Charlene set Child #3 down beside her. The officers yelled at Charlene to get Child #3's hands where they could see them.

"After attempting to show the officers that the eleven-month-old's hands were empty, Charlene asked the officers 'What is this about?' To which they replied 'Shut the f--- up.'"

Samuel Holly says he asked the police what they were doing, and called the 111th Street police station asking for a "white shirt" to come explain the situation, but no supervisor ever came to the house.

"Charlene continually asked what the purpose of the detention was," the complaint states. "Finally, an officer produced a warrant and handed it to Charlene. The warrant was for an individual named 'Sedgwick M. Reavers' and the premises listed was 'The second floor apartment located at 10640 S. Prairie Ave. A yellow brick two flat building with the numbers 10640 on the front of the building.' In other words, the warrant clearly identified the proper location as the second floor apartment. Charlene, Samuel, and the children were in the first floor apartment.

"As the officers were detaining Charlene, Samuel, and Children #1-5 in the first floor apartment, they also proceeded to the second floor apartment, where Child #6 was home alone. Child #6 was 13 years old at the time of the incident.

"The officers approached Child #6 in a bedroom and turned out the lights. They began flashing red lights at the child, calling him 'm-f---er,' placing him in plastic handcuffs and telling him 'I started to Tase your grandmother and cousins' and 'This is what happens when your grandma sells crack.' Child #6 begged the police not to hurt his family in the apartment below and stated that his grandmother did not sell crack."

The man named in the warrant, Sedgwick Reavers, "was sitting in a squad car outside of 10640 S. Prairie throughout the entire incident," according to the complaint.

The family claims that "the following day Charlene discovered the family dog, Samson, not in the basement where the family kept him, but in an upstairs laundry room. Samson could not have reached the laundry room without human assistance. On information and belief, defendant Officers dragged and choked Samson from the basement with the dog pole and left him in the upstairs laundry room unattended, where he died."

Samuel Holly also went to the police station the day after the warrantless search to complain, but "despite his numerous calls the night before, was told that he could not make a complaint and he 'should have made a complaint last night," the family says.

They seek punitive damages for unlawful detention, unreasonable seizure, excessive force, conspiracy, unlawful search, assault and battery, and emotional distress.

They are represented by Theresa Kleinhaus with the Law Office of Standish Willis.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150057
03/13/2013 03:15 AM
03/13/2013 03:15 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Police detective lies on a search warrant affidavit, causing police to raid wrong house. detective Cooper Landvatter found guilty of violating search-and-seizure policies, conduct unbecoming an officer, and violating Salt Lake City Police Department "core values."

As punishment, he receives a 20-hour suspension .

Yep. You read that right. A 20-hour suspension.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150058
03/14/2013 06:12 AM
03/14/2013 06:12 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
The problem with all of these stories is that at the time the people are ready to start actions a Bar-Fly lawyer shows up and advises them to not sue the people who did the fraud on the warrant, failed to protect the families of the accused on the warrant, and chose the wrong house or apartment. The tell them they can get more money from the city!
Then when the City, who has a line of attorneys, gets notice they freeze the records, put the perpetrators on administrative leave, and the attorney and the City work out a deal.
The end story being the perpetrators keep their performance bonds and return to do it again. The attorney gets a pat on the back from their fellow BAR members in the DA and Judges Offices for being so professional. The injured get their share after the Attorney gets theirs and take the night off for a trip to Mickey D's.
These Officers each have a performance bond of about 1 million dollars. They have been determined by the SCOTUS to be agents of the Metropolitan Corporation and not Officers of the Law. when you sue their bond they loose that bond and must go find a new job in the security industry where they don't need a gun.
In many states to claim this bond only requires an application and the police report, and a three witness Affidavit. Not much to receive from your ordeal except the knowledge they won't do it to someone else.

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150059
03/14/2013 04:27 PM
03/14/2013 04:27 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Are you suggesting that some of these stories could potentially be a hoax to collect a $1M bond, OR the system is really screwed up as the people that got "injured" don't applyfor/get the $1M payout for negligence by the officers?

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150060
03/14/2013 05:58 PM
03/14/2013 05:58 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Originally posted by safetalker:
The problem with all of these stories is that at the time the people are ready to start actions a Bar-Fly lawyer shows up and advises them to not sue the people who did the fraud on the warrant, failed to protect the families of the accused on the warrant, and chose the wrong house or apartment. The tell them they can get more money from the city!
Then when the City, who has a line of attorneys, gets notice they freeze the records, put the perpetrators on administrative leave, and the attorney and the City work out a deal.
The end story being the perpetrators keep their performance bonds and return to do it again. The attorney gets a pat on the back from their fellow BAR members in the DA and Judges Offices for being so professional. The injured get their share after the Attorney gets theirs and take the night off for a trip to Mickey D's.
These Officers each have a performance bond of about 1 million dollars. They have been determined by the SCOTUS to be agents of the Metropolitan Corporation and not Officers of the Law. when you sue their bond they loose that bond and must go find a new job in the security industry where they don't need a gun.
In many states to claim this bond only requires an application and the police report, and a three witness Affidavit. Not much to receive from your ordeal except the knowledge they won't do it to someone else.
I have seen similar things happen while not knowing the ins and outs of what you described it sure puts things into perspective. It's also a really hush hush transaction but if you can read between the lines and watch things unfold in the paper...

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150061
04/25/2013 08:54 AM
04/25/2013 08:54 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A 61-year-old Lebanon, Tennessee man has been killed in a drug raid on the wrong house.

A 61-year-old man was shot to death by
police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.

The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

John Adams was watching television when his wife heard pounding on the door. Police claim they identified themselves and wore police jackets. Loraine Adams said she had no indication the men were police.

“I thought it was a home invasion. I said ‘Baby, get your gun!,” she said, sitting amid friends and relatives gathered at her home to cook and prepare for Sunday’s funeral.

Resident Fired First

Police say her husband fired first with a sawed-off shotgun and they responded. He was shot at least three times and died later at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Loraine Adams said she was handcuffed and thrown to her knees in another room when the shooting began.

“I said, ‘Y’all have got the wrong person, you’ve got the wrong place. What are you looking for?“‘

“We did the best surveillance we could do, and a mistake was made,” Lebanon Police Chief Billy Weeks said. “It’s a very severe mistake, a costly mistake. It makes us look at our own policies and procedures to make sure this never occurs again.” He said, however, the two policemen were not at fault.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating. NAACP officials said they are monitoring the case. Adams was black. The two policemen are white.

Family members did not consider race a factor and Weeks agreed, but said the shooting will be “a major setback” for police relations with the black community.

“We know that, we hope to do everything we can to heal it,” Weeks said.

Johnny Crudup, a local NAACP official, said the organization wanted to make sure and would investigate on its own.

Weeks said he has turned the search warrant and all other evidence over to the bureau of investigation and District Attorney General Tommy Thompson. A command officer must now review all search warrants.
And the War on Drugs claims another victim.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150062
06/05/2013 04:46 AM
06/05/2013 04:46 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Iraqi war veteran Adam Arroyo was at work when police mistakenly raided his Buffalo, N.Y.apartment and killed his dog, Cindy .

...Arroyo is an Iraq War veteran and has lived with his pit bull "Cindy" in his west side apartment for several years. Monday was routine. Arroyo left for work shortly after two o'clock, but not before tending to Cindy.

"I bring her in, I tie her up and I always rub her face like, 'See you later, baby.' And I leave," said Arroyo.

He says he always ties her up in his kitchen because he's learned, if he doesn't, she likes to chew on shoes and clothes. Monday was no different, but hours later Arroyo's landlord was calling telling him Buffalo Police were raiding his apartment.

"I got here as fast as I could and I saw the carnage. I saw what happened. My house was flipped upside down, my dog was gone," he said.

Cindy had been killed and Arroyo looked at where she died in horror.

"It was the blood on the wall and the gunshots and the bullet holes," he said.

Buffalo Police say controlled drug buys are made before raids take place and they believe they had the right address. Detectives on scene say the dog was not chained at the time.

"You can even tell by the scene where the shots were and how far the chain reaches because if the dog was out anywhere else, as soon as someone knocks on my door my dog is by the door. So how come there is no blood on the ground?" asked Arroyo.

He says there are two upper apartments at his address. He showed News 4 the search warrant that describes the suspect as black. Arroyo is Hispanic. He believes the police went to the wrong apartment.

"They had no right, no evidence because if that was the case they would have found stuff here and I would be in jail," said Arroyo....
Mr. Arroyo is planning to hire an attorney. Good.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150063
06/05/2013 05:34 AM
06/05/2013 05:34 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Won't stop till its The Pigs Dying

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150064
06/05/2013 06:24 AM
06/05/2013 06:24 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by D308cat:
Won't stop till its The Pigs Dying
Brother you are 100% correct.

(Edited by airforce to conform with the rules of this board.)

Since my example of what can be learned from a Movie was edited out I will now just mention the Movie that the example was taken from.

That Movie was Speed

Pay close attention to what the Bad Guy of the Movie does and it does not involve the Star nor does it involve the Bus.

And since I am editing my post I will add the Movie Search for Spock

And there is also a Movie about WW2 I forgot the name of where the Old Captain of a decrepit Freighter had an interesting way to get rid of some Japs who had boarded his ship.

This addition what I said should not be in violation of any rules.

I find it weird that there are a lot of members of this board who think the TV is a Boob Tube and don't even watch Movies.

What these people fail to realize is that there is a lot that can be learned from some movies and from some TV shows.

I have learned a lot from the Movies and from TV.

My dog is my family and I would love my dog in the same way a man loves his Parents or Children and a fucking law suit is not good enough for me nor should it be for any real man.

And if I was interviewed I would tell the world that I now understand the truth and that truth is that cops are total murdering scum and the only good cop is a very very very dead cop.

Cops are worthy of our hatred and everyone who hates evil should not only just hate cops but should ostracize them. There are no laws that say businesses have to serve cops.

I believe the Amish ostracize other Amish as a form of punishment, they call it Shunning and it seems to be an affective punishment.

And people should stop helping cops in any way. Lets see just how may crimes cops would solve if people stopped helping the piles of pig shit.

Just the other day the pig shits were asking people for help in finding a shoplifter.

And it was a civilian who told the pig shits where a suspected bank robber was.

And how about those amber alerts.

I don't give a rat's shitty asshole what some one was wanted for there is no way in this universe that I would help any pig shit cop in the slightest way to apprehend the suspect.

I could even witness bank robbers remove their masks and get into their getaway car and see the plate number and I would keep quiet.

(Last edited by Lord Vader 06/06/13 12:19 due to the other edit removing my example of what can be learned from a Movie) with the result that what I posted about movies and the boob tube doesn't make as much sense as it did before the edit.
(See above.)

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150065
06/19/2013 06:37 AM
06/19/2013 06:37 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Liberty Hill, Texas, police officer goes to the wrong house to serve a probation warrant. he knocked on the door twice, getting no answer. So then he shoots the family\'s German shepherd, Vinny.

Understandably, the family wants the police officer fired. Good luck with that.

A Liberty Hill family wants a Leander police officer fired after they say he went to the wrong house and wound up shooting their dog.

Monday afternoon around 4:45 p.m. Leander PD Officer Woodson Blase went to a home in the 7000 block of FM 3405 in Liberty Hill to serve a probation violation warrant.

He says he knocked on the door of this home twice. No answer. Then he says he began to walk down this sidewalk when the family's two German shepherds ran at him in an aggressive manner.

He fired three shots, striking the male dog, Vinny.

Vinny was taken to the vet immediately and is recovering. He has a bullet wound to the neck. The dog owner is so upset because he says his 6-year old grandson was outside with a friend when this all happened. He feels his grandson, who is considered terminally ill, could've been struck by a bullet.

The Leander officer says a child was not outside. A police spokesperson says it does appear the officer was at the wrong home. The family did not recognize the name of the person on the warrant.

"He felt threatened. He feared for his safety. No officer wants to shoot a dog. Doesn't make anyone feel good. The officer I'm sure feels bad about it. It's an unfortunate situation. The dog was just doing what's natural to the dog," Lt. Derral Partin said.

"I want ‘em to make it right. I want them to make the guy who did this, I want him to pay for it. I want him to lose his badge, lose his gun. It can't go on. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry," dog owner, James Simmons said.

An administrative investigation is currently underway. As of now the officer remains on full, regular duty.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150066
06/20/2013 01:29 AM
06/20/2013 01:29 AM
South-central Colorado
D
Ducttape Offline
Ducttape  Offline
D
South-central Colorado
"I'm an officer of The Law, I can do whatever I want to in order to protect myself. You on the other hand only being a citizen are not afforded those same rights! After all, I'm an officer of The Law ."

" Making a list,
checking it twice ,
going to find out who's naughty or nice..."

As a person that also owns two GSD's (M&F) I think that everyone here could sum up those lyrics in their own special private way.

Administrative investigation my eye !

My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150067
06/27/2013 10:17 PM
06/27/2013 10:17 PM
east coast
B
bad company Offline
bad company  Offline
B
east coast

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150068
09/13/2013 03:28 AM
09/13/2013 03:28 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here's something that doesn't happen very often. A former police officer will serve ...tal shooting during a botched drug raid.

As Natasha Allen walked away from the Orleans Parish criminal courthouse Friday, 18 months after her oldest son was gunned down by a New Orleans police officer, she said that she might, finally, find some rest.

Former cop Joshua Colclough admitted Friday that he shot her unarmed son dead, during a botched drug raid that ignited racially charged tensions across the city.

He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and accepted a four-year prison sentence . . .

On March 7 of last year, Colclough was among a group of officers who raided her home on Prentiss Street in Gentilly, looking for evidence of drug dealing.

As they marched up the stairs, 20-year-old Wendell Allen appeared at the top of the staircase. He was shirtless, wearing only pants and a pair of sneakers.

He had nothing in his hands, Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said Friday. He was unarmed.

But Colclough fired his weapon once. The bullet tore through Allen’s chest, into his heart and his lungs. He fell on the landing and died within seconds....
Here is a video of the raid. Officers used a battering ram and stormed the building, even though they knew there were children inside.

Note also that, if one of the officers hadn't been wearing a camera, it's likely that no charges would have been brought for this shooting.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150069
10/16/2013 06:17 AM
10/16/2013 06:17 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
This borched raid happened back in June, bu tI'm just now finding out about it. Los Angeles County deputies kill 80-year-old man in a botched drug raid. His widow is suing the Sheriff for $50 million. Personally, I'd be suing for more.

The widow of an 80-year-old man who was shot dead by police during a drug raid on their home is suing for $50 million.

On the night of June 27th, Los Angeles County deputies raided the home of Eugene Mallory and Tonya Pate. Authorities claim they had probable cause to search the premises because they could smell chemicals used to make methamphetamine while standing outside the house. Police suspected Mallory of being involved in an illegal meth ring.

Mallory was asleep in bed when police entered his home. Pate said her husband has bad eyesight, and couldn’t tell that the men entering the house were police officers without his glasses.

What happened next is disputed by police and Pate. The deputies claim that Mallory pointed a gun at them, requiring them to take defensive measures. They shot him six times, and he died.

“Age does not preclude somebody from being aggressive toward deputies,” said Steve Whitmore, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, in a statement to local news. “The lesson here is, and obviously forgive me for stating the obvious, but don’t pull a gun on a deputy.”

But Pate maintained that her husband did no such thing.

“He would never point a gun at officers,” she said. “He was taken from me for no reason.”

Pate is suing the sheriff’s office for $50 million. The coroner’s office is also named in the suit; the office released Mallory’s body to an out-of-state relative, and Pate claimed he was cremated before her own investigators could perform an autopsy.

Police found no meth, nor evidence of a meth operation, inside the house. They did find marijuana — in Pate’s son’s room.

The sheriff’s department insists that the marijuana vindicates the raid.

“There was a drug operation that was certainly going on in this house,” said Whitmore.

All in all, it was a bad week of press for Los Angeles cops. One L.A. police lieutenant was arrested for soliciting a prostitute, and another officer has been temporarily relieved of duty after firing his gun in an effort to scare some kids who were bothering him.

The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department did not respond to requests for comment.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150070
10/31/2013 03:02 PM
10/31/2013 03:02 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150071
10/31/2013 04:01 PM
10/31/2013 04:01 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
...The police response arguably escalated the situation instead of defusing it. This is a recurring theme in a string of examples of how police suffer from a dearth of training in how to deal with unarmed, uncooperative citizens who had not been charged with committing any crime. What police lack in empathetic response, they more than compensate for with an excess of militaristic toys and the use of force.

Their unsubstantiated concern for the safety of the public notwithstanding, the police are required to seek a warrant from an impartial magistrate before engaging in the search of private property and seizing of persons. The allegation by an equally emotional girlfriend that John Geer was an owner of firearms does not constitute probable cause to violate his rights and ultimately end his life. As John Geer had not yet committed any offense to warrant his arrest, and with his family already off-site, police should have defused the situation by themselves leaving the scene....
Well, I suppose they have to do something with that $250,000 armored vehicle. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the way to handle that would have been for the police to just go away, and get a warrant for obstruction. I'd love for somebody to get charged with something over this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150072
10/31/2013 07:21 PM
10/31/2013 07:21 PM
OCONUS
E
Exiled Offline
Exiled  Offline
E
OCONUS
Would it be a fair comparison perhaps to compare today's SWAT teams to the Berserkers of yesterday? Because I don't know if it's because I'm reading reports of incidents like these but it seems that once SWAT arrives, they MUST go and kill, maim, shoot or destroy something before they leave satisfied.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150073
10/31/2013 11:43 PM
10/31/2013 11:43 PM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
They got to high on something, cause they are out of their minds.

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150074
11/01/2013 03:38 AM
11/01/2013 03:38 AM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
Cops nowadays are no longer peace keepers. Most cops are roidhead jack booted thugs that need to be put back in their place. Cops used to be brave enough to walk up to an armed man, tell him he is under arrest, keep your hands where I can see them, and come along now before there more charges against you. Now the cowards call a out a whole damn swat team and murder them instead. Cops need to be held accountable just like everyone else.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150075
02/24/2014 08:12 AM
02/24/2014 08:12 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, here's a couple new ones. In the first, police in Lakewood, Washington, were looking for Duane Samms, for a felony warrant. Their landlaord told him he had been evicted the previous month, and offered to let the police in, with a key, to check.

Apparently, that wasn't good enough for the Lakewood SWAT team, who busted into the house, doing thousands of dollars worth of damage . And discovered that - surprise! - he wasn't there.

In the second one, Kentucky State Police went looking for William Cliff Pelfrey. They later discovered they were at the wrong house. But not before they shot the family\'s great dane five times.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150076
05/03/2014 06:46 AM
05/03/2014 06:46 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Framingham, Massachusetts, has done it again. As you may recall, three years ago Framingham police murdered a 68-year-old man, for no reason.

... They were looking for 2o-year-old Joseph Bushfan and Dwayne Barrett. Police allege an undercover officer had purchased drugs from the two men earlier that evening.

Bushfan was arrested minutes before the raid when he came out of the apartment. Barrett didn’t reside at the residence. But the police went ahead with the raid, anyway. They took a battering ram to the door, set off a flash grenade, and forced their way inside. As the SWAT team moved through the house, screaming at everyone to get on the floor, Officer Paul Duncan approached 68-year-old Eurie Stamps. Stamps lived at the residence with his wife Norma Bushfan-Stamps, the mother of suspect Joseph Bushfan. Stamps, who was not suspected of any crime, was watching a basketball game in his pajamas when the police came in. By the time Duncan got to him in a hallway, he was lying face-down on the floor with his arms over his head, as per police instructions.

Duncan would later tell investigators that for his own safety, he decided to restrain Stamps, even though he was following instructions, and wasn’t the suspect . . .

As Duncan moved to pull Stamps’ arms behind him, he says he fell backwards, somehow causing his gun to discharge, shooting Stamps. The grandfather of 12 was shot dead in his own home, while fully complying with police orders during a raid over crimes in which he had no involvement....
You would think they would have learned from that mistake, wouldn't you?

A Framingham family was awakened Thursday by police breaking down their front door and forcing everyone to the ground at gunpoint after they conducted a drug raid at the wrong house.

Framingham and State Police were conducting a multi-jurisdictional drug investigation when the mistake occurred around 6 a.m. Thursday.

"They had me down on the hallway upstairs, my daughter was coming out of the shower, she didn't have [any] clothes on, they make her get down, my kids are on the floor," said Michelle McClain, whose apartment was raided.

She has five kids between four and 18 years old. Some, she says, have behavioral problems, making it hard for them to understand what happened.

"They were asking me 'why are they here, why are they doing this, what did we do?'", said McClain.

After police acknowledged their mistake they proceeded to raid the next door apartment and make an arrest. A Sergeant later returned to McClain to apologize. The town manager did as well.

"We acknowledge the mistake, we feel remorse and we offered an apology," said Town Manager Bob Halpin.

McClain is now looking for new housing and is hoping for assistance from the town in an effort to right the wrong.
Gee, that apology makes everything better, doesn't it?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150077
05/03/2014 08:47 AM
05/03/2014 08:47 AM
US
E
eagleman3880 Offline
eagleman3880  Offline
E
US
At least they acknowledged it. There are many times where nothing is said about a mistaken raid at all.

Hi
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150078
05/03/2014 09:17 AM
05/03/2014 09:17 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by eagleman3880:
At least they acknowledged it. There are many times where nothing is said about a mistaken raid at all.
Yeah, that's a plus, I suppose. It doesn't do much for the terrified children, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150079
05/07/2014 04:55 AM
05/07/2014 04:55 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Another "isolated incident," this one in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

A SWAT team raids a Kalamazoo family home looking for drugs, but turns up empty handed.

It happened last Thursday at a house on Southworth Terrace.

Two young children were home at the time.

Their parents tell us, police made a mistake, and now they're left to cope with the trauma.

The family tells Newschannel 3 the man police were looking for, was renting the home nearly a year before they moved in, and they're upset police didn't do their homework before busting through their door.

"I thought it was somebody either trying to rob us, or hurt us," said Jeremy Handley.

Handley tells us after the KDPS SWAT team busted through his back door, he and his wife Becky were handcuffed and searched.

"He had me sprawl out right here on the floor, and then he had me put my hands behind my back," said Handley.

And Handley's two children, ran and hid in a bedroom closet.

"We were staying quiet, because we thought they were bad guys coming in," said 7-year-old Brenden Handley.

And your kids could see you the whole time? "My kids were sitting on that bed after they got them out of the closet," said Becky Handley.

Jeremy tells us police then ransacked his home. "Every drawer, every cabinet, every piece of paper." (...)
Good work there, Kalamazoo PD.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150080
06/16/2014 04:23 AM
06/16/2014 04:23 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Nassau County, New York, must pay shooting victim $650,000.

A New York woman has reached a $650,000 settlement with Nassau County after a police officer accidentally shot her while investigating a drug case involving her downstairs neighbors.

Iyanna Davis was shot in the breast in 2010 after the officer mistakenly burst into her apartment during a drug investigation, reported Newsday.

The bullet then went through her abdomen and both thighs.

The officer said his assault rifle went off accidentally, and he was cleared of any wrongdoing by an internal police investigation.

Davis was pleased by the settlement and felt that justice was served, her attorney said.

She filed a civil rights suit in March against the county in federal court, and the settlement was reached six days into a trial and before jurors began deliberating.

Davis, who was 22 at the time, said she hid in a closet when police burst into the building because she thought they were armed robbers.

“I told them I was afraid and do not shoot me, and one officer screamed at me to put my hands above my head,” Davis said in a deposition. “That’s when I heard the shot, and I felt myself sit down because the force actually knocked me back on my backside.”

The results of the internal investigation are sealed through a confidentiality agreement, but Davis’ attorney said it was riddled with inaccuracies used to justify the shooting.

For example, the attorney said, the officer claimed Davis jumped out of the closet before he fired his weapon.

County officials must now make final approval of the settlement.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150081
08/08/2014 06:00 AM
08/08/2014 06:00 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I don't post many botched raids here these days, because despite all the publicity, they're still not all that uncommon. But this one caught my eye , because two children were injured, and because of the sheer brutality of it.

Ain't the War on Drugs great?

The Miami Police Internal Affairs Department is investigating after SWAT officers raided a South Florida home and allegedly injured two children inside....

A 12- and 13-year-old were inside the home at the time and were somehow injured. A photo released by the family showed the 13-year-old with a bloody head. Family members said he was hit with the butt of a Miami Police officer's rifle. "He was in the kitchen, and they told him to get down, as he was looking for a place to get down, and they hit him in the back of the head with their rifle," said Bobby McLendon, one of the boys' father.

Another photo shows the 12-year-old with an injury in his eye after he said he took a punch to the face from a Miami Police officer.

Twelve-year-old Aaron said he was sleeping. He was in town from Georgia visiting his aunt who lives at the home. "They tried to snatch me off my bed, but my foot got caught on the side of the bed, and I couldn't move," said Aaron McLendon. "and they thought I was trying to refuse to go, so they punched me in my eye, and that's when I got my foot unstuck, and then they snatched me off of my bed and took me outside."

When asked who punched him, he replied, "The police."

The young teens were not arrested or charged, but Internal Affairs is investigating the case. "You can rest assured that we are going to do everything that we can to get to the bottom of what happened in there," said Moss. "Internal Affairs came to the scene that night and are doing a follow up investigation as we speak, and we want to make sure that officers go out and do the job the right way."

"I have already spoken to the police chief about this, and he takes this seriously," said Moss. "He's a father himself, and one of the things that he wants to make sure is that his officers went in and did the right thing. If he finds that one did not, that officer will meet the appropriate punishment."
That'll teach those kids to live in a house when the cops mistakenly raid it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150082
08/31/2014 08:08 PM
08/31/2014 08:08 PM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
Did you guys hear about the botched raid where for one the cops had the address WRONG. They used info given by a CI (confidential informant) without checking the validity of the info. Plus the individual the cops were seeking didn't even live at the address the cops raided in the first place. No where the cops really screwed up was they tossed in a flashbang that wound up bouncing into the crib of an infant nearly killing the baby and burning it severely. But remember folks...it's 'for the children.'

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150083
08/31/2014 08:18 PM
08/31/2014 08:18 PM
6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
D
Deactivated Offline
Officer Contributor
Deactivated  Offline
Officer Contributor
D
6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
That was in Georgia if I remember correctly. Being that none of the federal courts want to take a stand on 4th amendment rights and due cause. These acts will continue.Maybe a CI one day will tell them about a meth lab that's actually a nitroglycerin factory. Go ahead SWAT team flash bang that !!!

erwy 436 t7u65478u4we6bhp8u5ureuet45ujdb4tyu57uwetr6ukuilkr
Re: Another Botched Raid - Incident Report #150084
09/01/2014 04:25 AM
09/01/2014 04:25 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Since the System will not confront this issue and put a stop to it. I believe the only way this will stop is for the people themselves to put a stop to it.

If after this baby was severely injured or the two children who were brutalized, the People themselves did the same as happened in Missouri, then maybe Pig Crap Law Enforcers would be held to account for their actions.

And it is not enough that the People do this in one or two situations, the People need to do this every time the Police Raid the wrong house and injure or kill innocent Citizens.

Also what if the Baby who was burned had died and what if the Father being beyond reason in grief, had killed that Walking Pile of Pig Crap Cop who tossed the Flash Bang.

And what if the Father was put on trial and a Sympathetic Jury Acquitted him.

A little Jury Nullification can do a lot of good.

The sad truth is, as long as there is NO PRICE TO PAY for the Police Officers directly involved, or anyone up their Chain of Command, of the Politicians who permit this to happen, THIS WILL NEVER STOP

The Big Question is: Who will be the ones to stop it, the Government or will it need to be the People themselves?

I believe the it is not a matter of if but only of when, the People or one distraught Father or even Mother will take the Law into their own hands.

Like the song stated:

Play around and lose your wife
You play too long and lose your life

And I believe the new Parafoil Parachutes have a failure rate of one failure to properly deploy in 300 Jumps. And as in Russian Roulette it is not a matter of if it is only a matter of when, and the Scum Sucking Law Enforcers have been pushing their luck for far too long, and it is eventually going to run out and I believe their luck is not going to last much longer.

What if cops Flash Bang a Baby to death in Ferguson next month?

The People are near their Breaking Point and this is all People, Black People, White People, and the rest of us.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.