Print Thread
Outrage in Oregon #150696
02/18/2010 03:58 AM
02/18/2010 03:58 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline OP
D308cat  Offline OP
High Desert
Another case of JUDGE-JURY-EXECUTIONER. There is outrage in a small black community in Portland Oregon,Jan 29th Police were called about an upset man who might be suicidle, 25 yr old Aaron Campbell who recently lost his brother was very upset and acting in a manner that concerned family members who called police and apparently said he was armed and might harm himself. After several attempts to contact him failed, Police text messaged him and he responded that he would in no way harm himself.Shortly after the text family members walked out of the location followed by Aaron who had his hands on his head,police shouted to him to raise his hands above his head, he did not comply and they shot him with bean bags and he ran. As he ran he supposedly reached for his waistband when a police marksman shot him in the back. He was not armed! Further more some time passed as the special weapons unit was moved in to check him for a weapon,He died there. To Serve and Protect,One shot in the back at a time. Judge-Jury-Executioner. At some point a dog was sent in and bitt him while he was down. SEMPER FI

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150697
02/18/2010 04:19 AM
02/18/2010 04:19 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
TO PROTECT AND SERVE (tyrants)

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150698
02/18/2010 07:16 AM
02/18/2010 07:16 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline OP
D308cat  Offline OP
High Desert
Actually,They SERVE you up like a Thanksgiving turkey, And PROTECT themselves By hiding behind a badge and department policy, false evidence and false perceptions. These kinds of shootings (Executions)have become accepted policy and the NORM throughout The law enforcement community. The LEO's are not our friends period. They are simply Government licenced killers without GOD and without a CONCIANCE. There is absolutely no excuse for shooting an unarmed disturbed or otherwise human being in the back period and that's that. It is MURDER under the color of authority! SEMPER FI and PASS THE AMMO

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150699
02/18/2010 03:06 PM
02/18/2010 03:06 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, Jesse Jackson came to town and the local officials were fawning over him to get his endorsement for their "solution" to the problem, which is to build a multimillion dollar law enforcement training center in the city.

They have also jealously protected the department policy against drug testing cops involved in any shootings unless there was clear evidence of drug abuse. Local word is that steroid use is common here among law enforcement and effectively a protected activity. Some criminologists are saying that most of the local incidents can be attributed to "roid rage".

The other thing is the shooting took place in a racially mixed neighborhood and the victim was black, but the reality is there no truly black neighborhoods in Portland any more. Most of these types of killings in the last five years had white victims.

What is creepy is the affirmative action and diversity hiring now is focused on the immigrant communities from eastern Europe. No joke, I went by a police station a few months ago and the cops were jabbering back and forth in RUSSIAN.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150700
02/19/2010 01:08 PM
02/19/2010 01:08 PM
Dallas, TX
L
LouisCipher777 Offline
LouisCipher777  Offline
L
Dallas, TX
they sure do a good job of making it seem like if they come for you, your choices are Fight or Die.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150701
02/19/2010 05:37 PM
02/19/2010 05:37 PM
Northern California
M
Mad Dutchman Offline
Mad Dutchman  Offline
M
Northern California
This is that departments Use Of Force policy I found on another site about the grand jury.

a. The severity of the crime.
b. The impact of the person’s behavior on the public.
c. The extent to which the person posed an immediate threat to the safety of officers, self or others.
d. The extent to which the person actively resisted efforts at control.
e. Whether the person attempted to avoid control by flight.
f. The time, tactics and resources available.
g. Any circumstance that affects the balance of interests between the government and the person.

Going by this there was very little or even no justification for the shooting or the use of bean bags.

a. No crime committed.
b. No impact to the public.
c. No threat to the officers or public
d. He was being passive resistive.
e. He ran because he was shot with bean bags and the officers even testified that he may have thought it was done for no reason.
f. Time was on the side of the Law enforcement officers, He had no tactics, and no resources.
g. Obviously the safety of the officers was more important than the rights of a common black citizen to the extent that these officers had to make up the idea that this man was some kind of threat.

They deserve to go to prison but will more than likely be acquitted. Shameful!

Re: Outrage in Oregon #150702
02/20/2010 04:09 AM
02/20/2010 04:09 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline OP
D308cat  Offline OP
High Desert
This is way beyond SHAMEFUL, as I said it is nothing less than MURDER under the color of authority plain and simple. The whole body of the people, Black, White, Aisian, Hispanic, American Indian Should DEMAND MURDER CHARGES, OR A LINCH MOBB. And I'm totally serious, Unfortunately this shows the apathy of the American people. My GOD If any one of us Shoots an intruder in our home we are very likely going to face charges of some kind. I no longer feel anything for the LEO's but contempt! That actually scares me! They are looking more and more like an occupying force. SEMPER FI

Re: Outrage in Oregon #150703
02/22/2010 07:33 AM
02/22/2010 07:33 AM
USA
K
kingraptor410 Offline
kingraptor410  Offline
K
USA
Originally posted by D308cat:
This is way beyond SHAMEFUL, as I said it is nothing less than MURDER under the color of authority plain and simple. The whole body of the people, Black, White, Aisian, Hispanic, American Indian Should DEMAND MURDER CHARGES, OR A LINCH MOBB. And I'm totally serious, Unfortunately this shows the apathy of the American people. My GOD If any one of us Shoots an intruder in our home we are very likely going to face charges of some kind. I no longer feel anything for the LEO's but contempt! That actually scares me! They are looking more and more like an occupying force. SEMPER FI
Well, I'll tell you what, someone trys breaking into my house they're getting dropped, I don't care, No one hears the shots, good, I got lotsa holes in my back yard to choose from...
I am friends with alot of Police Officers, and I have to say that a few of them are still honorable officers that do what is best for the public, but many of them look at it as an alternative to the military and still get a gun. Most SWAT team members just go to the Military SPECOPs community for their 2 years then go out into the SWAT teams, all the fun of automatics at Uncle Sam's expense without deployment time. Its a shame really that we don't have the rights to defend our selves anymore, if he broke into my house and was holding my wife and kids up, and I shot him in his knee and held him at gun point, I'M the one going to jail, and he is the victim, hehe, some justice we have.

Shoot first, Ask Questions Later...
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150704
02/22/2010 10:02 AM
02/22/2010 10:02 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
People like you guys don't like authority, but if the police free society you all want happened, here's the truth.
You want to buy a home. You honestly put up the money and are ready to go when some guy puts up, say, just ten dollars more than you. He gets the house, you wasted your time.
You, thinking yourself the high and mighty guy for losing unfairly, you decide to take action. You shoot him.
He dies later in the hospital. His familiy and friends take up arms against your allies. More people join in. Someone throws a Molotov at a house, and a city fire starts. Riots break out. They spread. However, you side and the other side has already died, so it doesn't matter to you. Society collapses.
You see, the POLICE don't throw you in jail, the COURTS do. The JUDGE decides your fate. So it is the LAWS that need fixing.
Even if you think-and can-patrol the laws, someone that can't wants to also and you get a power struggle.
And with this guy, he was apparently suicidal,
It was unknown if he was armed,
And he jogged away, turned around and reached for his waistband.
Are you just supposed to SIT THERE?

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150705
02/22/2010 12:50 PM
02/22/2010 12:50 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline OP
D308cat  Offline OP
High Desert
He only ran after being shot by bean bags,Para,go online and read the story,as for the rest of your little scenario, your really stretching it a Tadd. Over reaching one aspect and under reaching another,Laws don't shoot people,People do. I'm 50 yrs old, and Ive seen this growing into a real problem for a free people, And I'm using Free very loosely. Disobeying a cop is not a Capital offence last time I read the Constitution or the Penal code!!! SEMPER FI

Re: Outrage in Oregon #150706
02/22/2010 01:11 PM
02/22/2010 01:11 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
P
DEACTIVATED
Really?
No one will go crazy, and go bang-bang over a little thing?
No, disobeying a cop is not a capital offence, but learn to respect, please? I come from a family of police, and if you want to sit there and blab about your rights and give the cop a history lession, go ahead. Your choice. Just don't cry to me when he asks you to get down on the car with your hands behind your back, you ignore him, and he makes you do it anyway. If a cop is after you, and you take about the rights and all, or plead the fifth, your just making yourself guilty.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150707
02/22/2010 01:20 PM
02/22/2010 01:20 PM
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Better a 100 guilty men go free, than punish a single innocent man.
This is what made America unique in 5000 years of world history a criminal with a badge does not justify murder.

However this is SITREPforum not debate forum over how filthy criminals with badges get to murder anybody they like and get away with it.

Re: Outrage in Oregon #150708
02/22/2010 01:25 PM
02/22/2010 01:25 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
P
DEACTIVATED
There is plenty of good cops, and I know them, but all you hear about is the stories the media gives you.
And we cuss out the media, yet all you believe all the bad cop stories they tell you. Note how all the victims are black, the liberal media loves stories where blacks are victims, and the bad guys are always white, something the liberal media also loves. But, yes, this is not really a SitRep discussion.

Paramilitary SKS
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150709
02/22/2010 01:34 PM
02/22/2010 01:34 PM
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Originally posted by ParaSkS:
There is plenty of good cops,
I am breaking the rules and setting a bad example by replying but the quote above is the most evil of lies that hastens the destruction of a peaceful society, there are NO "good cops", it is the falsely termed good cops that are the reason for the decay of the rule of law, for they sustain the criminal system that would otherwise be brought to justice and ended if it were free of the criminals falsely termed "good cops".

This is a sitrep forum not a debate forum !

Re: Outrage in Oregon #150710
03/02/2010 03:55 AM
03/02/2010 03:55 AM
New York/Vermont
A
APatientMan Offline
APatientMan  Offline
A
New York/Vermont
I'm not trying to stir up debate about good cop vs. bad but I'd like to make a suggestion that we could all probably agree on: The law enforcement community should spend some of its time and budget to teach our Constitution to its members. The Constitution that Military and LEO pledge an oath to (that should be the basis for all of our laws) loses its power when we don't even need to read it before pledging to it.

Freedom is that instant between when someone tells you to do something and when you decide how to respond
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150711
03/02/2010 04:21 AM
03/02/2010 04:21 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Online content
Flight-ER-Doc  Online Content
F
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
Originally posted by APatientMan:
I'm not trying to stir up debate about good cop vs. bad but I'd like to make a suggestion that we could all probably agree on: The law enforcement community should spend some of its time and budget to teach our Constitution to its members. The Constitution that Military and LEO pledge an oath to (that should be the basis for all of our laws) loses its power when we don't even need to read it before pledging to it.
I agree. Same with the Military, with government workers of all sorts, and most importantly, lawyers, judges and politicians.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150712
03/02/2010 05:11 AM
03/02/2010 05:11 AM
OR
sinistral Offline
NCO Contributor
sinistral  Offline
NCO Contributor
OR
Originally posted by Flight-ER-Doc:
Originally posted by APatientMan:
[b] I'm not trying to stir up debate about good cop vs. bad but I'd like to make a suggestion that we could all probably agree on: The law enforcement community should spend some of its time and budget to teach our Constitution to its members. The Constitution that Military and LEO pledge an oath to (that should be the basis for all of our laws) loses its power when we don't even need to read it before pledging to it.
I agree. Same with the Military, with government workers of all sorts, and most importantly, lawyers, judges and politicians. [/b]
There should be an entire section on the ASVAB for Constitutional knowledge.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace”
-Thomas Paine
Re: Outrage in Oregon #150713
03/02/2010 05:12 PM
03/02/2010 05:12 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I am not trying to be callous about that situation, but it does not fit the bill of what we would be getting heavily involved with.

Nine times out of ten, you will not get away with playing games with the cops. That 10% of the time you will get away with gaming them, well OK, if you are well trained and prepped maybe 60% of the time, then you need to be on your game, and that also means not living with people who will call the cops on you, and not "getting crazy" when they show up.

Always deal with them like you are having to deal with an armed sociopathic maniac who knows he can get away with killing you.

There is a time to kick ass, and a time to take names, then settle the score later...

The big problem with that situation is the cops had been told the guy was an armed felon going nuts in a crowded apartment building. This was not an officer initiated contact like the beating death of James Chasse.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.