Print Thread
National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150898
03/09/2010 02:40 AM
03/09/2010 02:40 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Schumer and company are at it again. This needs to be stopped in it's tracks.

ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan

By LAURA MECKLER

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

The ID card plan is one of several steps advocates of an immigration overhaul are taking to address concerns that have defeated similar bills in the past.

The uphill effort to pass a bill is being led by Sens. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), who plan to meet with President Barack Obama as soon as this week to update him on their work. An administration official said the White House had no position on the biometric card.

"It's the nub of solving the immigration dilemma politically speaking," Mr. Schumer said in an interview. The card, he said, would directly answer concerns that after legislation is signed, another wave of illegal immigrants would arrive. "If you say they can't get a job when they come here, you'll stop it."

The biggest objections to the biometric cards may come from privacy advocates, who fear they would become de facto national ID cards that enable the government to track citizens.

"It is fundamentally a massive invasion of people's privacy," said Chris Calabrese, legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. "We're not only talking about fingerprinting every American, treating ordinary Americans like criminals in order to work. We're also talking about a card that would quickly spread from work to voting to travel to pretty much every aspect of American life that requires identification."

Mr. Graham says he respects those concerns but disagrees. "We've all got Social Security cards," he said. "They're just easily tampered with. Make them tamper-proof. That's all I'm saying."

U.S. employers now have the option of using an online system called E-Verify to check whether potential employees are in the U.S. legally. Many Republicans have pressed to make the system mandatory. But others, including Mr. Schumer, complain that the existing system is ineffective.

Last year, White House aides said they expected to push immigration legislation in 2010. But with health care and unemployment dominating his attention, the president has given little indication the issue is a priority.

Rather, Mr. Obama has said he wanted to see bipartisan support in Congress first. So far, Mr. Graham is the only Republican to voice interest publicly, and he wants at least one other GOP co-sponsor to launch the effort.

An immigration overhaul has long proven a complicated political task. The Latino community is pressing for action and will be angry if it is put off again. But many Americans oppose any measure that resembles amnesty for people who came here illegally.

Under the legislation envisioned by Messrs. Graham and Schumer, the estimated 10.8 million people living illegally in the U.S. would be offered a path to citizenship, though they would have to register, pay taxes, pay a fine and wait in line. A guest-worker program would let a set number of new foreigners come to the U.S. legally to work.

Most European countries require citizens and foreigners to carry ID cards. The U.K. had been a holdout, but in the early 2000s it considered national cards as a way to stop identify fraud, protect against terrorism and help stop illegal foreign workers. Amid worries about the cost and complaints that the cards infringe on personal privacy, the government said it would make them voluntary for British citizens. They are required for foreign workers and students, and so far about 130,000 cards have been issued.

Mr. Schumer first suggested a biometric-based employer-verification system last summer. Since then, the idea has gained currency and is now a centerpiece of the legislation being developed, aides said.

A person familiar with the legislative planning said the biometric data would likely be either fingerprints or a scan of the veins in the top of the hand. It would be required of all workers, including teenagers, but would be phased in, with current workers needing to obtain the card only when they next changed jobs, the person said.

The card requirement also would be phased in among employers, beginning with industries that typically rely on illegal-immigrant labor.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce doesn't have a position on the proposal, but it is concerned that employers would find it expensive and complicated to properly check the biometrics.

Mr. Schumer said employers would be able to buy a scanner to check the IDs for as much as $800. Small employers, he said, could take their applicants to a government office to like the Department of Motor Vehicles and have their hands scanned there.
—Alistair MacDonald contributed to this article.

Write to Laura Meckler at laura.meckler@wsj.com

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150899
03/09/2010 01:22 PM
03/09/2010 01:22 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
"A person familiar with the legislative planning said the biometric data would likely be either fingerprints or a scan of the veins in the top of the hand . It would be required of all workers, including teenagers..."

It's being done incrementally already. Requiring the TWIC card for port and ship workers was a huge leap in that direction.

Things are really accelerating now.

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150900
03/09/2010 02:29 PM
03/09/2010 02:29 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
It wasn't that long ago someone was saying they dropped National ID.... Yea right they never give back freedom. You have to take it.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150901
03/09/2010 02:33 PM
03/09/2010 02:33 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Originally posted by Greywolf:
It wasn't that long ago someone was saying they dropped National ID....
Disinformation.

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150902
03/09/2010 02:37 PM
03/09/2010 02:37 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
agree with that McMedic, We know they spend ten times the time on disinformation, then on facts. Of course they have been telling states they have until a certain date to meet the Federal standards.

I have one of the old licenses in my state, I have seen the new ones.

They say that they do a retina scan on the new ones during your eye test.

I don't know how true that is.

My license doesn't expire until 2014, so I gotta a while.

Ain't getting one anyway....

I know a guy who said his expires in 2013, but he is hoping the world end in 2012 laugh

I just rather go be an outlaw or a PP before I'd get it.

Or before I'd wish 2012 came true.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150903
03/09/2010 03:56 PM
03/09/2010 03:56 PM
Windsor,Mo
D
danfromwindsor Offline
danfromwindsor  Offline
D
Windsor,Mo
TWIC card already in use for anyone connected to transportation industry. If you haul,load,unload,or just push a broom near any load from a port then you must have TWIC. I had to get one just to pull loads out of a port. Didnt really want it but only had to be fingerprinted so figured they already got those so I wasnt losing anything more.
Really think this National ID is a whole other much bigger beast though. They say if you dont have it you cant work. So whats to stop them from later saying you gotta have it to buy food etc?

on beautiful Truman Lake
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150904
03/10/2010 04:43 AM
03/10/2010 04:43 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
They say if you dont have it you cant work. So whats to stop them from later saying you gotta have it to buy food etc?
Bingo!

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150905
03/10/2010 06:00 AM
03/10/2010 06:00 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
They say if you dont have it you cant work. So whats to stop them from later saying you gotta have it to buy food etc?
Bingo!
Or to have access to Obamacare...

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150906
03/10/2010 09:48 AM
03/10/2010 09:48 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
Let's remember the book of Revelatiom:
"and he who does no have the mark of the beast could not buy or sell or trade"
Sounds like national ID.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150907
03/10/2010 11:07 AM
03/10/2010 11:07 AM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
I was printed for my Hazmat and TWIC card but the hell if I will take this card even though they already have my shit. Those were required to to be competitive in my previous career. This is just wrong... My step mom thinks it cool she can use biometrics at the supermarket rather than writing a check... What a fool. If this is implemented im going off the grid. It is bad enough our IDs have barcodes and or RFID chips in them. This is my line in the sand!

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150908
03/10/2010 03:57 PM
03/10/2010 03:57 PM
Tyler county,Texas
B
backwoodzwarrior Offline
backwoodzwarrior  Offline
B
Tyler county,Texas
Amen Sisu I hear the time to disappear is nigh the horsemen are near and repression runs rampant

Bring on the Horsemen of the Apocalypse,I shall eat their horses,and they will have to spread death slowly, in stolen go-carts.
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150909
03/10/2010 04:02 PM
03/10/2010 04:02 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
P
DEACTIVATED
Which could be the Biblical endtimes.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150910
03/10/2010 04:10 PM
03/10/2010 04:10 PM
Tyler county,Texas
B
backwoodzwarrior Offline
B
Tyler county,Texas
Not could be,Is Ive got some more Bible studying to do but if things arent better in three months im going underground and getting ready for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear

Bring on the Horsemen of the Apocalypse,I shall eat their horses,and they will have to spread death slowly, in stolen go-carts.
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150911
03/16/2010 02:49 PM
03/16/2010 02:49 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
GET READY FOR THE ALL SEEING NATIONAL ID CARD

By Dr. Laurie Roth
March 12, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

Obama and his administration want to know and control everything, namely us. If given the chance, Obama and his crew will morph into place a national ID Card for Workers under the guise of repairing and responding to the Immigration problem. Now, the push is on to quickly create a biometric card, which would have embedded information, personal information and fingerprints. Who cares about that old fossil….privacy rights. This special and intrusive card would be forced on and used by ALL workers in America. The recent Wall Street Journal article exposed this very thing. It isn’t just Democrats who have lost their minds on this. Senator’s Chuck Schumer (D) and Lindsey Graham (R) are boldly leading this effort and want a bill signed soon. In fact they are planning to meet with Obama next week to update him on their work. Isn’t this progressive and most special?

Obama, Schumer and Graham say and believe that forcing this card on all workers would stop new illegal aliens from coming here to work because they couldn’t get work without a card. The magical thing is that this president and congress are boldly pushing amnesty for the 20-40 million illegal aliens already living here so they need not worry about this new working card.

Illegal aliens will suddenly find themselves Americans and part of the system…..especially, the democratic voting system. “Now….you owe us…pay up.” Most will pay up you realize. They will pay by allowing themselves to be totally manipulated and patronized for their votes. Oh, did you think Obama and his progressive worshipers were wanting to offer amnesty because they were so empathic and nice???

The bottom line is a forced national ID card attached to every American worker will have nothing at all to do with helping the illegal immigration and border disaster. You realize this would only invite millions more illegal aliens across our borders. There would be a huge and growing business of stealing worker cards and other Identity documents.

This is part of the grander scheme to control all Americans….what we eat, how long we live, where we go, what we do for work, health care, guns, use of gas and energy and freedom in general.

Just this week I talked with legal analyst and founder of www.faxdc.com, Steve Eichler about this very thing. He forwarded me an article from The Wall Street Journal that outlined the very real push for a national ID worker card for everyone. I was horrified as I started tracking through this and a few other breaking stories, some of which were broken on my show. I realized that we were closer to a cashless and controlled society than I had thought.

You connect a few dots with me and make up your own mind

Pat Wood of augustreview.com broke a huge story and wrote a few articles on the re emergence of Technocracy and the environmentalist’s push and plan for a ‘green economy’ using ‘carbon credits.’ No more cash, no more capitalism as we know it. You would be assigned so many carbon credits a month to use for gas, food and other needs. When the Government said they were done for the week or month, you were done. No more food, gas or anything else, like heat in your home either. Total control….and green control at that.

Pat also talked about the push now for ‘Smart Grid’ technology. This is a computerized network of things, where chips are put into your house, from washing machines to ovens and phones…..guess what, the smart grid knows exactly how much energy you use, for what and when you use it. The big Mamma behind the curtain of ‘smart grid’ can decide when you fly home to Kansas or crash in a field cold and dead. Already, Pat said that appliance companies who make electronic things in your house are cooperating and putting readable chips in them so the smart grid can do their thing.

Then there is the control with the Health Care bill

In the Senate and House version still being manipulated into place, they have described the IRS controlling this bill. It would have access to your bank accounts, especially if health payments or bills were late. Did you ever wonder why this Health care horror show would be governed by the dreaded IRS? Wonder no more. They have the biggest and most complicated computer system of tracking there is. Imagine a person fighting cancer, having lost a job and now behind on payments to a coerced Government health plan……now the IRS is breathing down your back and seizing your bank accounts.

We fight scream and yell about the paid for abortions, forced health insurance or else sections, and rationed health care for seniors. These areas and more are total nightmares….BUT….the biggest nightmare is a controlled system that connects and directs traffic of Government control, hiding behind health.

Let us review

The push for Technocracy…..cashless society, carbon credits and total control of people, energy and money

National worker ID…..push for cashless society, forcing ID’s on everyone…later the mark of the beast as the Holy Bible describes will come.

Cap and Trade and the Greens…..once again total push for control of energy, environment, what you eat, grow, do for recreation and spend. Just another excuse to regulate, tax and litigate everyone and their dog…….no….the dog will be promoted and sue you.

Health care that is not health care……this is simply a PR safe headline that will ration real health care and choices away from us all. It will kill our seniors and murder more babies, but we will all pay for it now. It will control and use our health records, mental health records, habits and choices however the ‘healthcare controllers’ see fit on high.

The Technocracy movement, the Greens and environmental movement, the Government health care movement and now the national worker ID movement belong in the lava hot furnace. Triple the heat and burn until dead.

Our right to privacy, achievement and freedom is something we are now forced to fight like ‘Brave hearts’ for. I say, bring it on! We shall win.

© 2010 Dr. Laurie Roth - All Rights Reserved

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150912
03/16/2010 03:51 PM
03/16/2010 03:51 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Do you really think this will happen? Will you jump froggy? or will we all bitch about it for 10 years?

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150913
03/17/2010 12:58 PM
03/17/2010 12:58 PM
Louisiana
C
Cajunpatriot Offline
NCO Contributor
Cajunpatriot  Offline
NCO Contributor

C
Louisiana
Y'all know this bill might purposely be tailored to make us think of Revelations so we refuse it and get uppitty--so they can knock us down, of course.

CAJUN PATRIOT
Louisiana
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150914
03/17/2010 01:18 PM
03/17/2010 01:18 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Cajun,

Doesn't matter what their reasons are. I will not comply simply as a matter of principle. This is America not NAZI Germany.

All, I can say is if those people feel froggy...then go ahead and jump.

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150915
03/17/2010 04:00 PM
03/17/2010 04:00 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Maz I zee your paperz pleeze!!!!

CSC, is right thats is exactly where we are headed,

I understand being as paranoid as the next guy.

But, even if is their intention to make people think of the Mark...
I wouldn't except it for the reason any man who has lived before cameras on every corner and DWI road blocks and warrantless searches.

They have no damn business knowing what I am doing and where I am going.

My wife tells me I am crazy everytime we get caught in one of those checkpoints, and I tell them it's none of their business where I am going.

But it is not,

people forget that....

That little bit of freedom for security, we sacrificed, has cost us dearly.

Damn it, it is time to get mean.

I have seen it at the bottom of so many sigs, little quotes like "freedom ain't free", or "from my cold dead hands",

or the one we should leave by" I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees".

If we are going through life worried that we might end up on the Patriot prison list...

Then gentlemen we are not living.

I joined the militia movement in the late 80's, sadly through the rough 90's, and on to now.

Hell I was young not a kid but young.

We all watched as more rights were slowly etched away.

Many went to jail, some died, some of us just worried about ourselves and went into hiding.

Some still preached the truth.

But time marched on, rights were sacrificed, more people died, and were put in prison.

The movement lost, gain then lost status again and again. Still we stood by (no more)

Now we see a resurrection of the movement and see some sheepies waking up.

I am not that young man anymore, but I am not to old either.

My young friends stand your ground, speak your mind, do it openly and proudly, but wisely...

Don't wake up one day and find twenty years have passed and more freedom is lost.

Then realize you stood by and watched it happen.

That's why sometimes some of us may put ourselves in a dangerous situations. WE HAVE LEARNED OUR LESSON!!

There are so many intelligent young people here now... Be proactive and preach your beliefs,refrain from violence unless attacked,

and if prison awaits you. You did your duty.

There are many older wiser Patriots too.

We have more experience in this field, we should be the firsts ones to stand and yes, maybe the first to fall if necessary.

As that country song says, "Time marches on"

The rights that were lost from 1791 to 1974 are many times less, the rights lost from 1975 to 2010... just think what can happen from 2010 to 2012... Time marches on my friends....

greywolf

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150916
03/17/2010 04:29 PM
03/17/2010 04:29 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
P
DEACTIVATED
Amen.

Paramilitary SKS
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150917
03/17/2010 05:44 PM
03/17/2010 05:44 PM
Tyler county,Texas
B
backwoodzwarrior Offline
B
Tyler county,Texas
Kudos greywolf You are a beacon of wisdom in a time of insanity

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150918
03/17/2010 06:04 PM
03/17/2010 06:04 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
smile Jump froggys jump... If I did I wouldnt be the first wink

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150919
03/17/2010 06:18 PM
03/17/2010 06:18 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
P
DEACTIVATED
What's with the frogs jumping?

Paramilitary SKS
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150920
03/21/2010 08:06 AM
03/21/2010 08:06 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
http://www.newswithviews.com/Timothy/baldwin127.htm

NATIONAL ID: WHO WILL RESIST?

By Timothy N. Baldwin, JD.
March 19, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

U.S. Senators Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) introduced a bill which would require all persons in the United States (“U.S.”) seeking to be employed to obtain a government-issued biometric National Identification card.[1] Not so surprisingly, this measure has come in the name of “protecting America” against illegal immigrants working in the U.S. unlawfully. Thus, “[t]o ensure that only people legally in the U.S. can work here, the bill will propose a biometric I.D. for EVERY AMERICAN before anybody can get a job.”[2] This is yet another method by which the federal government continually institutes practices and principles contrary to what a Free Confederated Republic should be and contrary to principles of limited government, self-government, natural rights, and true constitutional intent and meaning. Judge Andrew Napolitano rightfully calls this legislation a “monstrosity” and predicts that this bill will not pass.[3] Perhaps Judge Napolitano is correct, but we should consider what the people of the U.S. once rejected but now embrace.

The New Deal
After Abraham Lincoln set the stage for federal government forceful takeover of the people and states’ rights, power and jurisdiction, Franklin D. Roosevelt capitalized on the people’s economic straits in the 1930s by introducing “The New Deal,” which in part socialized the economic, commercial and industrial fabric of the United States. Federal government control, regulation and power: that was the name of the game and still is.

From this era of federal government expansion and encroachment, we see U.S. Supreme Court decisions such as Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942), ruling that Congress has the power to regulate the most local of activities, such as an individual, non-commercial farmer’s production of crops for private use, and has the power to penalize and punish any violation of the same.
Prior to 1930, it would have been inconceivable that the people of the states and the state governments themselves would have consented to such a violation of the constitution and such an open encroachment into the lives of individuals, families, businesses and states. Yet, as soon as the circumstance presented itself, the New Deal was substantially adopted and accepted into society and government (or at least by the politicians). We are living with its effect today, almost 100 years later.

The Great Society
Continuing its managerial presence over individuals, families, businesses and states, the federal government expanded its power and usurpations into their lives and into their retained powers by creating, among other things, governmental welfare programs in the 1960s for those who “needed” help. This was a “War on Poverty!”

This era federal government expansion not only instituted socialistic and communistic principles and philosophy, taking from the “haves” and giving to the “have-nots,” but also created an unlawful entanglement of the federal government into the state and local public education system. Both of these matters were traditionally and largely held to be purely local matters, and would have never been deemed a legitimate federal power.

Have these federal government programs been terminated? Not hardly. Instead, they have been expanded and increased with fervor, intensity and passion. In contrast, there was a time in the U.S. when this political philosophy and these federal programs would have been rejected immediately and without discussion. Yet, we are living with their effect today.

Abortion
One of the fundamental principles that shaped American and English jurisprudence for hundreds of years was the necessary protection of life, including the unborn life. Most (and I dare say, all) of the states in the union criminally or civilly punished the willful abortion of an unborn baby by the mother, or anyone else for that matter. If a congressman were to introduce a bill making it illegal for the states to make such restrictions against abortion, that congressman would have been told to take a long hike off a short bridge.

Yet, since 1973, over 1 million babies have consistently been aborted every year in the U.S., and when someone attempts to question the constitutionality or even the morality of the act of abortion, most federal politicians shirk their shoulders and say, “Well, it’s the supreme law of the land,” because the U.S. Supreme Court has determined it to be so. (How ignorant, disgusting and cowardly are these people!) And the ones who say they are opposed to it do very little (if not nothing) to encourage the states to resist this draconian federal usurpation. Supposedly, our only hope is in Washington, D.C., forty years afterwards. The contrast is blaring.

National Health Care
Today, the federal government is continuing to travel down the road of socialism and communism, contrary to every principle of truth held sacred by our founding generations, by their forefathers before them and by generations following them. This time, the federal government takes the matter of healthcare and determines that, first, they actually have the constitutional authority to regulate this matter; and that, second, they are going to do the U.S. a favor by creating yet another federal bureaucracy to regulate the healthcare profession and industry.

While there may be opposition to the healthcare proposals, most of them are not based upon the constitutionality of the bill, but on the pragmatism of it. The opposition is really not based upon principles of constitutional correctness or principles of freedom, but based upon the circumstances and mentality of the people in their district or other political expediencies--a purely democratic standpoint, not a republic standpoint. However, there undoubtedly will come a time in these states where the (vast?) majority of people will find it pragmatic for the federal government to regulate healthcare, just as the people did during the administration of F. D. R. and following.

Would the people in 1776 have agreed to such a federal power? What about 1787? What about 1830? What about 1860? What about 1913? In truth, the people of the U.S. have become so dis-informed, mis-informed and frankly put, ignorant on the proper limitations and constitutional ambits of the federal government. The results are obvious and apparent.

National ID
While Judge Napolitano believes that this National ID bill will not pass, our own history proves that the people of the U.S. will eventually accept this type of federal government expansion and intrusion, especially if the people continue in their ignorance as they have since the early 1900s. This begs the question: what are freedom-loving people going to do when the federal government does in fact (or at the least, attempts to) takeover our rights, powers and jurisdictions over ourselves, our families and our states?

Allow me to answer by making a dogmatic statement, without going into the supporting details and arguments at this time:
The STATES in the union must choose to live in freedom by resisting the federal government’s unnatural and unlawful actions or choose to live in submission to slavery by giving up their rightful powers and jurisdictions and by allowing the federal government to run rough-shod over the supposed constitutionally-secured liberties and freedom of the people within their borders.

Please do not misunderstand me. By resisting, I do not mean helping to get a Republic elected into a federal position. I do not mean simply sending out some email to their constituents to inform them of their position on the matter. I do not mean, encouraging people to “go out and vote.” I do not mean sending a letter of correspondence form a state house representative to the U.S. President.

By resisting, I mean the state representatives passing laws, the governor entering orders and the courts rendering judgments, preventing the federal government from attempting to tax their people for that federal power and from implementing their procedures upon the people of that state. I mean actually and physically resisting the federal government from occupying the state’s territory to execute those unlawful actions. I mean publicly calling to its defense the other states in the union who stand firm upon the same fundamental principles of self-government, federalism, constitutional government and freedom to resist these ghastly attempts to reduce the people to despotism. I mean county sheriff’s arresting federal agents who are attempting to execute and enforce unlawful and unconstitutional procedures and laws upon the citizens of their counties. I mean actively and meaningfully using the sovereign powers retained under the tenth amendment of the U.S. Constitution and under the Laws of Nations.

If you think that the federal government is going to be stopped by voting into office the next batch of corruptors and encroachers, you are dead wrong. This belief has been proven fruitless at least since the early 1900s. The fact that people in the U.S. still believe that this method is the only effectual and available method of preserving freedom confounds me.

For societal and political freedom to exist in the states of America, the people within their individual bodies-politics (i.e. states) must re-study, re-learn, re-calculate and re-apply the formulas and maxims of truth from the Laws of Nature and Nature’s God, just as our forefathers did, to secure these God-given rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

We can no longer look to the decayed system currently propagated to secure freedom or even to reclaim freedom. We can no longer wait for the U.S. Supreme Court to come to our rescue. We can no longer wait for a “conservative” President to be elected to restore freedom and to change over 100 years of federal usurpations. Can we even expect that three-fourths of the states in the union will insist on freedom’s principles? We certainly cannot hold onto the enslaving notion that “union equals freedom.” We can no longer hope for freedom by simply voting.

The question is not a matter of how far will the federal government go. They have already crossed the line of good faith, virtue and decency. They have already rejected those principles of truth and worldview expressed by our European and American forefathers, which framed the constitutions in America to begin with. They have shamed the honorable sacrifices made by generations before us--made by the enlightenment of their minds, the purity of their hearts and the blood from their veins. We know where they are going. We see where they are. We know their philosophy and intent--their design to reduce us to despotism! So, the question is, who will resist them?

Footnotes:
1- Laura Meckler, ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan, The Wall Street Journal, (March 8, 2010)
2- Roger Hedgecock, Graham Pushes National I.D. Card, Human Events, (March 12, 2010)
3- National Biometric Card Is An Invasion To Our Privacy Says Judge Andrew Napolitano, The Economy Collapse (March 12, 2010)
© 2010 Timothy N. Baldwin, JD - All Rights Reserved
Proverbs 10:27

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150921
03/23/2010 12:53 PM
03/23/2010 12:53 PM
U.S.A.
K
Kalashnikov Josh Offline
Kalashnikov Josh  Offline
K
U.S.A.
I'm beginning to feel just like my Jewish great grandparents must have,watching Russia turn into the Soviet Union.
Then they left to come here.

Question is,where am I supposed to go?

When there is nowhere left to run,and nowhere left to hide,when the Gestapo comes to my front door because of failure to buy health insurance or refusal of a biometric ID card-may G-d grant me the strength to stand,fight,and likely die a free man.

I would rather die on my feet screaming curses at my enemies,than on my knees begging their mercy.

Such a defiant death would indeed be a mercy compared to what other Jews have suffered at the hands of other socialist oligarchies in recent history.

"I will not go quietly into that dark night".

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." -Thomas Jefferson
Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150922
04/06/2010 02:46 AM
04/06/2010 02:46 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Yet Again with the National ID

Becky Akers
Campaign For Liberty
April 6, 2010

Fresh from their defeat in forcing national identity papers on us with REAL ID, the Feds are trying once more. Their plea this time isn’t terrorism but immigration — though they’re pretty much the same, or so the State has convinced some Americans.

Introduced in 2005 to combat the waves of terrorists thronging our shores, REAL ID was supposed to thwart the bad guys by transforming our driver’s licenses into a national ID card. We’d have submitted this card on demand to government’s agents — as do the victims in totalitarian regimes. Never mind that “almost no empirical research has been undertaken to clearly establish how identity tokens can be used as a means of preventing terrorism,” according to Privacy International (pdf), or that “terrorists have traditionally moved across borders using tourist visas (such as those who were involved in the US terrorist attacks)” — unless they “are equipped with legitimate identification cards (such as those who carried out the Madrid bombings).”

Governments itch to tag their subjects like so many cattle, on any pretext whatsoever. Ours thought it had a dandy excuse in the attacks of 9/11, and who can blame it? Many Americans would eagerly sell their few remaining liberties so long as a politician assured them that said sale secured the homeland. Ergo, the Feds invented a bogus link between terrorism and America’s freedom from a national ID. They swore they’d prevent another 9/11 so long as we followed orders to carry “enhanced” driver’s licenses.

Surprisingly, rebellion bloomed — and this among states that have supinely obeyed any number of anti-constitutional decrees since 1865. Fifteen passed legislation prohibiting their DMVs from turning licenses into a de facto national ID; another ten officially denounced REAL ID.

No matter: the Feds slapped an alias on their failed legislation — “PASS ID” — and reintroduced it. But in case such cosmetics can’t con us, a couple of senators are aiming at the same goal via another American bugaboo: immigration.

Yet Again with the National ID 040310banner3

Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) and Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) propose to “reform” yet again the Feds’ cruel and unconstitutional policies on immigration. Their charade prominently features a national ID card — though this time it piggybacks on Social Security cards rather than driver’s licenses.

“The plan calls for a big increase in immigration agents patrolling workplaces,” the New York Times reports. The Bush administration already tried such raids; their inhumanity devastated whole towns, not just immigrants, and Obama’s government supposedly discontinued them. But senators seldom boast an enviable learning curve. Graham and Schumer would also “require all workers, including legal immigrants and American citizens, to present a tamper-proof” – that is, biometric — “Social Security card when they apply for jobs.”

In propaganda the Washington Post obligingly published, the senators themselves write, “A tamper-proof ID system would dramatically decrease illegal immigration, experts have said, and would reduce the government revenue lost when employers and workers here illegally fail to pay taxes.” First, “there’s no such thing as a foolproof ID system,” as experts have also said. Second, “reducing lost government revenue” as a reason for national ID adds insult to injury. We should pack papers so the government can keep more of what it loots from us?

The senators also promise that though “we would require all U.S. citizens and legal immigrants who want jobs to obtain a high-tech, fraud-proof Social Security card,” we’re safe from bureaucratic prying because “no government database would house everyone’s information.” If you believe that, you no doubt believe as well that these politicians have only our best interests at heart, have studied rather than exploited this topic, and are competent to decide for us who our future neighbors, friends, and relatives will be.

For sure, Graham and Schumer don’t have immigrants’ best interests at heart. Indeed, whether immigrants can live here is determined solely by whether we can use them to “ensur[e] America’s future economic prosperity.” Ergo, the senators’ “legislation would award green cards to immigrants who receive a PhD or master’s degree in science, technology, engineering or math from a U.S. university. It makes no sense to educate the world’s future inventors and entrepreneurs and then force them to leave when they are able to contribute to our economy.”

Forget about those hungry, tired, and poor yearning to breathe free, the persecuted, the tortured, and the fact that the Constitution never empowered the Feds to control movements across the country’s borders. If you can’t advance politicians’ nationalistic agendas, you won’t find a toe-hold here.

The senators aren’t content to menace only immigrants; they also threaten and penalize Americans who, unlike themselves, are productive: “Prospective employers would be responsible for swiping the [national ID] cards through a machine” — and who pays for the gizmo? — “to confirm a person’s identity and immigration status. Employers who refused to swipe the card or who otherwise knowingly hired unauthorized workers would face stiff fines and, for repeat offenses, prison sentences.”

Our rulers have spent the last 150 years ginning up fear of immigrants, pitting established Americans against newcomers, contriving a hobgoblin from which they squawk about rescuing us. They’ve succeeded so well that modern Americans happily don chains so long as it means immigrants wear them too. National ID, raids on offices and factories, a wall on our southern border: Nothing is too dictatorial when it comes to controlling migration — including ours.

Schumer and Graham are betting Americans’ fear of immigrants outweighs their love of liberty. Tragically, that’s a winning wager.

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150923
05/02/2010 09:40 AM
05/02/2010 09:40 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Papers, Please!

Tim Shoemaker
Campaign For Liberty
May 1, 2010

Yesterday, Senate Democrats introduced immigration legislation that included a proposal to establish a national ID card for every worker in America.

From The Hill:

Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy – one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel. [emphasis added]

As if the acronym wasn’t Orwellian enough for you, take a look at what Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin had to say about the proposal.

(Durbin) predicted the public has become more comfortable with the idea of a national identification card.

“The biometric identification card is a critical element here,” Durbin said. “For a long time it was resisted by many groups, but now we live in a world where we take off our shoes at the airport and pull out our identification. [emphasis added]

“People understand that in this vulnerable world, we have to be able to present identification,” Durbin added. “We want it to be reliable, and I think that’s going to help us in this debate on immigration.”

This proposal is an outrageous affront to our civil liberties! It was a violation of our rights when they attempted to force Real ID on us, and it continues to be, no matter what “feel good” acronym they attempt to gloss it over with.

Sorry Senator Durbin, but this is not 1942 in Nazi Germany, and this government has no right to force a National ID card on American citizens.

Re: National Biometric ID card for all American Workers #150924
05/03/2010 08:17 AM
05/03/2010 08:17 AM
U.S.A.
K
Kalashnikov Josh Offline
Kalashnikov Josh  Offline
K
U.S.A.
Over and over again,despite the administration advocating it,this national ID crap keeps rearing its ugly head.

It just wont go away.

That should tell us something about how close this nation is to a Stasi-esque police state.
It should also serve to demonstrate the reality that the supposed policy squabbles between democrats and republicans are nothing more than a side show,with no real difference between the two.

This should demonstrate the FACT that our government has become the tool of those who would use it to enslave us.

They will not give up until they have police on every corner going "Papers,please".

The only solution is to limit the power of the federal government so that it may not have such authority to implement such evil policies to the detriment of the people.

The only solution is a Constitutional Revival.

Or another Civil War.

Because despite Durbins' sick and depraved sentiment that Americans are 'ready to accept' totalitarian fascist government schemes like biometric national ID cards to the contrary,I dont believe were all ready to just go quietly into that dark night.....

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." -Thomas Jefferson

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.