03/20/2010 09:05 AM
03/20/2010 09:05 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
I suppose we all have our viewpoints and delusions...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143047

Is a rebellion possible in the near future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just reading everything that's going on the Federal Government trying to grab all the power it can, ignoring the Constitution and the states now trying to push back with different laws to oppose the Feds are we getting close to a full fleged rebellion?

The people are more divided now than ever and there just seems to be a lot of hate on both sides it just seems everything is just heading toward some little spark to set it off.
Didn't the current administration say don't let a good crisis go to waste.

Is a rebellion possible in the near future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except for the occaisional unbalanced crazy attacking thye Pentagon, 99.9% pure Blowhard. They're all going to do, but none actually make the overt act.

Since without the government I have no income, I'll remain an American
I don't think there'd be another state rebellion against the federal government, if that's what you mean. The civil war pretty much proved that the national government is supreme and unbeatable, etc., etc.

Do I think we're likely to see another Oklahoma City Bombing and other anti-government terrorist attack events in the near future? Yes, 100% sure.
-----------------------
The States would never rebel in a million years. Without all the Federal money they get for all their little pet projects, they'd never get elected to office in the first place.

The State governments are just as bad as the Federal government is...it's just that you don't hear about it as much. It doesn't sell on the national level, which is what the media is all about.
-------------------------
I just hope people understand that we LEOs are the same as them. We are not the enemy. We also might agree with some of their positions.

People, please register to vote and VOTE. Do this before you decide to break laws and harm others. Get others to vote. We have the power within legal means. We just need to vote.
----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperST
By definition, most Americans are "in the middle" so your point is lost on me. And making the blanket statements that they are Libertarians is wrong. It's not a political party, they are informal gatherings with a common basic belief in reeling in government. You'll find very many Republicans, unaffiliated and even Democrats in that boat.

I've been to a Tea Party. I was the ONLY 'liberal', there besides a few media folk. Their platform, or the general ideas behind those who spoke were "libertarian notions", while at the same time most disavowed ALL the current political parties as dis-functional. To wit, I can't say I disagree.

My argument is that it's our own fault. This is a democracy. We get the government we deserve. If our leaders are corrupt, it is only because moronically ignorant voters keep re-electing them.

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by "real" but a massive government takeover is still in the works and dangerously close to happening. That's real enough for me.

I mean that without a Public Option, this isn't 'real' reform. Citizens should be able to collectively pool their risk in a non-profit government backed fund, that pays 100% of claims, wherein a valid Dr. prescribes a procedure, medicine, or therapy.

I really don't understand why people are SO protective of the Medical Insurance Sector... These people were in the top 5 earners last year, and the ONLY thing they provide 'you', in order to make 'their' profits is "denied claims". If you think these companies care about you and your health, you're mistaken.

We aren't going to fix what's wrong our system until we provide FREE general screenings, wellness check ups, and vaccinations. Far too many are getting the most expensive care (in the ER) possible, and then not paying their bill. We actually have universal care now, it is just really expensive, and delivered too late to be utilized effectively.

Quote:
Then you know full well that they do air more than one opinion.

Oh, I forgot, the ARE "Fair & Balanced", it's in their title, so it must be true...

Except that they admit openly, that they aren't "news" most of the time, but rather commentators who have every right to express their 'opinion(s)', which I agree. But let's not kid ourselves, Fox News 'leans hard right', most of the time, even during 'news' hours.

I watch because I'd rather listen to people who I disagree with, and the arguments they present. It forces me to think.

Quote:
For now, they couldn't get all they wanted in one shot, it seldom happens that way. But it isn't a law yet so we don't know what all it will or won't do.

It WILL be Law, but it won't be as effective as it should or could have been.

And this is the genius behind the GOP strategy- demand cutbacks in the bill in the name of bi-partisanship, then crow about how the program didn't fix everything.

We have the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...

Why doesn't that mean that We have a Duty to protect Health which = Life...?

Quote:
The problem is that about 3/4th of the population doesn't agree that it is in their best interest, and it a major issue that will effect all of our lives, or deaths, not some minor polling concern.

That number is completely meaningless. Democrats WON the last election, and thus ARE the elected Leadership. They will be ultimately judged by the fruit they produce, or lack thereof.

Quote:
That isn't the way remember it, public opinion shifted when people realized that it was taking longer than American Idol and the left propagandized it on a daily basis.

I was quite plugged-in to Americans' feelings about invading Iraq. We WERE overwhelming in favor of the Afghan thing, but the same can NOT be said about removing Saddam.

It was a 50/50 thing at best:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular... January_2003

Quote:
True, we don't vote on war efforts but it is part of the military process, people sign up knowing it's a possibility. We didn't sign up for some government bureaucrat to decide what health care we are entitled to.

Okay, so you're okay with a 'profit seeking' company doing so... Why?

What makes you think that if things go badly for you health wise, that they won't boot you to the curb???

Why shouldn't EVERYONE be entitled to quality health care, regardless of how rich or poor they are?

*I am a spinal cord injury patient, paralyzed from the upper chest down. Private health insurance would cost $950 a month, with a $250 deductible, AND it wouldn't cover anything related to my pre-existing condition. Could YOU afford to pay over $1000 a month for a check-up?

Quote:
I doubt that they are lost, where else will they go? No, they are just learning about incrementalism. The frog jumps out of the pot if the water is too hot.

I was referencing the President's approval ratings, at the moment.

Quote:
You should have read some of the comments on that blog. Where exactly are the tax "cuts"?

Here:

http://www.mint.com/blog/finance-cor...mulus-package/

Quote:
Why do libs always do this? Can you cite some data instead of throwing out opinion articles and blogs?

There's data there... Contradict the numbers, don't attack the source.

Quote:
We were discussing guns, remember? And the Taliban were quite busy while we enjoyed Slick Willie's peace plan. Remember?

Willie got his slicked at work, I remember a lot being made of that.

I don't recall anyone trying to take my guns. Although I will concede that he did sign the 'assault weapons ban' into Law. Which I'm sure could be argued as an assault on the 2nd amendment, then again maybe should be allowed to own tanks and fully automatic .50 cals.

My original point however was that everyone was going nuts buying both ammo and guns, fearing Obama was gonna institute massive changes. They haven't...

Eclipse Driver
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Eclipse Driver
Yesterday, 12:56 PM #34
ThinkingReserve
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse Driver
...then again maybe should be allowed to own tanks and fully automatic .50 cals...

We can in AZ, just need the Class III license.

And plenty of cash, of course.

ThinkingReserve
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ThinkingReserve
Yesterday, 01:19 PM #35
Till
Forum Member

Originally Posted by ThinkingReserve
We can in AZ, just need the Class III license.

Yep, and we can here, too.

God bless the free states. But of course, we'd be freer if we didn't have to pay that NFA tax.

I'm all for the extensive background checks, but get rid of that fee.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Officer.com debate on if a rebellion possible #150970
03/20/2010 09:10 AM
03/20/2010 09:10 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
More lovely quotes:

There will never be another civil war in this country, mark my words. There'll be no rebellion. Intelligence has gotten to the point, Law Enforcement has gotten to the point, and the dissemination of media has gotten to the point where it would make it impossible for a rebellion of any type to be successful.

The government in this country will never be overthrown.

--------------------------------
As far as the OP, no.

There will continue to be isolated instances of people pushed to their breaking point. Then they will be made out to be insane, called a terrorist, etc. Especially if they kill "just an employee of the government, who was just trying to make a living for their family".

People seem to ignore, or forget, that our Revolutionary War also had a Civil War occuring as a result. It wasn't all Americans against all Brits, we fought each other, brother against brother, father against son. It will repeat.
-------------------------------------
I'm with LA DEP.

I don't think we are close to a rebellion, but the people are fed up with the corruption, arrogance, wastefulness, and agendas being pushed by both parties. One of the real problems in this country is the amount of money it takes to run a successful campaign. It's nothing for these guys to spend millions on the Iowa Caucus alone. That being said, in order to get the money to be a viable candidate, you have to get in bed with special interest and corruption. What the people are looking for is pretty simple. They are looking for candidates that are smart, honest, have common sense and are responsible with the taxpayer's money. That sounds easy enough, but neither party is offering up anybody like that. A third party you say? That just serves to split the vote and give an easy win to the candidate they least resemble. You know, for once in my life, I would love to cast a vote for someone I truly believe in, instead of someone that I think is the lesser of the evils. Just once. I don't think a rebellion is eminent, but I do think that the fact that people are talking that way indicates a profound frustration with our representation.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Officer.com debate on if a rebellion possible #150971
03/21/2010 06:35 AM
03/21/2010 06:35 AM
Militiagan
A
Azuurlin Offline
Azuurlin  Offline
A
Militiagan
-

Re: Officer.com debate on if a rebellion possible #150972
03/21/2010 05:04 PM
03/21/2010 05:04 PM
Hastings, Nebraska
M
MadMike Offline
MadMike  Offline
M
Hastings, Nebraska
it passed.. you gearing up or just blowing hot air?

-Madmike

Re: Officer.com debate on if a rebellion possible #150973
03/21/2010 05:22 PM
03/21/2010 05:22 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
I hope he's not blowing hot air.
CSC has said himself that this is the final line.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Officer.com debate on if a rebellion possible #150974
03/21/2010 06:05 PM
03/21/2010 06:05 PM
Maryland
O
OLM-Medic Offline
OLM-Medic  Offline
O
Maryland
They can pass what they want, doesn't mean I'll accept it

"Remember that your adversary's desire to live is usually more powerful than whatever ammunition your are carrying in your firearms. Plan accordingly." -tire iron

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.