07/13/2010 05:16 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home

by Nathan Gonzalez - Jul. 12, 2010 12:40 PM
The Arizona Republic

Authorities from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms raided a home in unincorporated East Mesa early Monday and pulled 1,000 guns from the residence.

ATF officials would not comment on the nature of the investigation.

The owner of the property near 84th Street and McDowell Road is listed in Maricopa County property records as Robert Bruce Daly and Lois Daly.

The property is also listed as the business address of several entities, including Buffalo Brothers Cowboy Store, which advertises a variety of Wild West memorabilia, including "a large assortment of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and knives for sale."

Authorities did not say whether anyone had been taken into custody.

Neighbor Robert Chaney, who has lived across the street from the Dalys for 15 years, said he awoke about 6 a.m. to find roughly two dozen ATF and Marciopa County Sheriff's vehicles surrounding his neighbors' home.

He saw agents on the roof with automatic weapons, apparently searching the attic and ductwork.

Chaney described the neighborhood as the kind of place where "people move out of the city to to escape from civilization."

Chaney's sister, Cynthia Standish, said she would be surprised to learn the Dalys had been involved in anything illegal because they were the family that always sang Christmas Carols on the street and brought gifts for everyone.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151763
07/13/2010 06:13 AM
07/13/2010 06:13 AM
Windsor,Mo
D
danfromwindsor Offline
danfromwindsor  Offline
D
Windsor,Mo
Something stinks about that raid.

on beautiful Truman Lake
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151764
07/13/2010 08:59 AM
07/13/2010 08:59 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
Knowing the ATF they probably thought they were Mexican drug cartels. Is this confirmed, however? Maybe one was loosely tied to some criminal from the distant past that doesn't matter. Or just and ego stroke for the special agent in charge. If anything, it's the always tyrannical faggots, stupidity knows no bounds.
However, there is a serious possibility with the arizonian-federal conflict that they are trying to disarm the arizonians as a "quelling" measure.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151765
07/13/2010 10:30 AM
07/13/2010 10:30 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
In the past this kind of thing was done in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties to Licenced collectors and dealers who regularly (legally)transferred firearms to there personal collections. Under the false accusations of drugs or illegal transfer of firearms,with the intent of inventorying and gathering serial #'s, also for PR to show the war on guns and drugs. What is not told is that 98% of the time no law has been broken and every thing is returned to the owners,except there reputations and the ever increasing cost's of court.If you resist in any way you loose your licences. We are in a fight to the end for our Constitutional rights. The war has already started.

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151766
07/13/2010 03:31 PM
07/13/2010 03:31 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
BATFE usually pulls this kind of stunt when they are justifying their budget for Congress.

All for show, and I am very happy to learn that no one was harmed physically.

BATFE is by far the best example of a federal agency that simply should not exist in a free society.

Why?

Because an armed society is a polite society.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151767
07/16/2010 02:42 AM
07/16/2010 02:42 AM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
Hell the answer for what they did wrong in right here...
they were the family that always sang Christmas Carols on the street and brought gifts for everyone.
:rolleyes:

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151768
07/16/2010 12:53 PM
07/16/2010 12:53 PM
N
Ninja Offline
Ninja  Offline
N
wow that's like one mile from my house and this is the first i heard. Im gonna ask around for more details

Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151769
07/16/2010 11:14 PM
07/16/2010 11:14 PM
California
A
Alhazred43 Offline
Alhazred43  Offline
A
California
This sort of thing makes me sick. They guy ran what ammounts to a gun store out of his house and the first thing they say is that they found thousands of guns in the residence. Yea save the fact that it was a buisness for farther down the article.

BATFE should be a store not an agency.

Atleast they don't pretend to be a tax agency anymore as they were folded into homeland security.

An armed society is a polite society.

Be polite, DONT TREAD ON ME!
Re: ATF seizes guns in raid of East Mesa home #151770
07/17/2010 04:13 PM
07/17/2010 04:13 PM
West Virginia
T
threequarterthrottle Offline
threequarterthrottle  Offline
T
West Virginia
Your average sheep who is interested in the news wants the short version. Therefore, if you put information out early on in an article, that is what gets the most attention. Not everyone who looks at an article is going to read it all.

Perhaps, if they are people who are caring and giving as the article states....that they are awake. This could serve us all as a warning. We are not safe.

Many of us may be thinking that big bruda is in the dark, but I don't think he is.

I.E: If you speak publically(think of that term as loosely as possible) about your beliefs, and then buy unusually large amounts of non-perishable foods, what perception does that leave? The perception that you are preparing for the worst. There is nothing wrong or illegal about that, but it does promote question from a totalitarian government.

I was informed by a friend, a manager at my bank, that if there was any suspicious activity in my checking account, that it would be turned in to authorities. It wasn't exactly phrased as such, but that's what it amounts to. She also told me that certain authorities could view my transactions if certain Nat'l security concerns were at stake.

What does that tell us? That they can do whatever they want. They don't have to explain themselves, they just have to say "It's a matter of national security." and it's all ok.

I haven't found the exact legislation allowing this, but I haven't actively researched it. The point is that anyone who is preparing for hard times needs to be careful and very, VERY thoughtful in how he makes his transactions.

On July 12th, a legitimate firearms dealer had his freedoms violated because of (lack of reason.) A FFL dealer is subject to extra scrutiny because of his trade. Who is to say that the average Joe isn't subject to such a display of force?

I fear for my country, my family, and then myself. Perhaps my fears are for naught...but being proactive in preparation for nothing trumps inactivity when time has run out. Take it as you wish.

Keep the change.

In the Wasatch National Forest of Utah, 504 sheep were killed by a single bolt of lightning. Sheep huddle in storms and the lightning bolt passed from one animal to another.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.