Print Thread
couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151771
07/15/2010 02:06 PM
07/15/2010 02:06 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The following comes from Mike V. over at Sipsey Street. All I can say is this couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes.

A tip of the boonie hat to Peter G, whose email led me here which in turn led me to this story about this ruling in the interesting libel suit proceeding in DC against the Southern Preposterous Lie Center. As McClatchy reports it:

Scholar's libel suit proceeds against Southern Poverty Law Center

Guenter Lewy's very interesting libel case against the Southern Poverty Law Center can proceed in the District of Columbia, a trial judge ruled Tuesday.

This one is worth watching.

Lewy is an emeritus professor of political science at the University of Massachusetts. A survivor of German violence against Jews during World War II, Prof. Lewy has written numerous books and articles about the history of persecuted peoples. In 2005, the University of Utah Press published his book, "The Armenian Massacres in Ottoman Turkey: A Disputed Genocide."

As Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly noted: Prof. Lewy ultimately concludes in the book that the current, reliable evidence of genocide is unpersuasive or inconclusive.

The Southern Poverty Law Center subsequently issued a report, in which it stated that "Lewy is one of the most active members of a network of American scholars, influence peddlers and website operators, financed by hundreds of thousands of dollars each year from the government of Turkey, who promote the denial of the Armenian genocide."

Lewy sued, and the first decision for Judge Kollar-Kotelly was whether the Southern Poverty Law Center was sufficiently connected to Washington, D.C. for her court to have jurisdiction. On Tuesday, she said yes with respect to the organization. The libel suit can proceed.

The judge's ruling contains this paragraph detailing the damages SPLC and Holthouse, as the "senior editor" of the woe-fully misnamed "Intelligence Report" did to Lewy.

Lewy claims that the statements made in the Intelligence Report are defamatory because they falsely accuse him of corruption, fraud, and even commission of a crime under the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, 22 U.S.C. §§ 611-21. See Am. Compl. ¶¶ 27-33. Lewy claims that the statements damaged his reputation as a scholar, diminished his opportunities for teaching and speaking, hurt his book sales, and caused him emotional trauma and suffering. Id. ¶ 27. Lewy seeks compensatory and punitive damages totaling $8 million.

Now eight million bucks is chump change to SPLC, which has hundreds of millions in the bank -- nothing "Poverty" about SPLC -- but the interesting thing is that this is the first time that SPLC may be in real danger of paying up for one of their multitude of lies. If successful, even if settled out of court, this will encourage the cannibals of the lawyer tribe to eat one of the richest and fattest of their own in a death of a thousand damage award entrees. Nothing encourages the legal sharks like blood in the water. The race to see who will get SPLC's palatial glass Taj Mahal in Montgomery will be fun to watch.

Couldn't happen to nicer anal sphincters.

The lawsuit focuses attention on SPLC's "Intelligence Report" and especially on its "senior editor" David Holthouse.

Holthouse is no stranger to publicity. A perusal of some of his recent stories indicates the "journalistic standards" he operates by.

For those of you with first-hand experience of Knob Creek, I draw your attention to Holthouse's 2006 conflationary racist tar baby epic on that event. It will give you a flavor of the "journalism" Holthouse practices.

I look forward to seeing this case go to trial, and await with anticipation all the others that will surely follow a Lewy success. We'll no doubt be hearing a lot more about David Holthouse.
See also the unholy FBI / SPLC alliance.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151772
07/15/2010 03:37 PM
07/15/2010 03:37 PM
Dallas, TX
L
LouisCipher777 Offline
LouisCipher777  Offline
L
Dallas, TX
I read this over at SSI a few minutes ago, and you're right, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fuck-tards. I have less than zero love for the Southern Preposterous Libel Centre, and I really hope they lose, and open the flood gate of law suits from all the patriots who have been the target of their hate.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.
Re: couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151773
07/18/2010 08:18 PM
07/18/2010 08:18 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
We the militia should sue the SPLC for their myriad slanders against the BoR Article 2 Defense Forces.

$100 million would buy plenty of AR-15s, and it would please me greatly to see the SPLC impoverished, destitute and closed forever.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151774
07/19/2010 07:13 AM
07/19/2010 07:13 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by Imagrunt:
We the militia should sue the SPLC for their myriad slanders against the BoR Article 2 Defense Forces.

$100 million would buy plenty of AR-15s, and it would please me greatly to see the SPLC impoverished, destitute and closed forever.
A Class Action Suit against them for Libel and Slander would be doable. They have Libeled us many many times. Under the Law they would have to prove that what they stated as fact was indeed the truth and fact and that they can not do, especially since it is all false.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151775
07/19/2010 07:47 AM
07/19/2010 07:47 AM
West Virginia
T
threequarterthrottle Offline
threequarterthrottle  Offline
T
West Virginia
It seems like that should be a carefully played card, Imagrunt. Though it could succeed, the MSM is remarkably good at twisting perspective.

The militia get lots of bad publicity as it is. Those who oppose us could make it a huge loss from that standpoint, even if it was a financial win.

No flames, please.

Keep the change.

In the Wasatch National Forest of Utah, 504 sheep were killed by a single bolt of lightning. Sheep huddle in storms and the lightning bolt passed from one animal to another.
Re: couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes. #151776
08/18/2010 05:54 AM
08/18/2010 05:54 AM
West Virginia
T
Taylor County Offline
NCO Contributor
Taylor County  Offline
NCO Contributor
T
West Virginia
Agreed 3/4, Still...THat would be a wonderful idea!
Only regrets would be many of our brothers have passed on and not benefit personally, but their families could very well indeed......SMILE I say DO IT! I love it!!! Our enemies end up FUNDING the Militia w/o us changing mindset or goals...LOL
Families of deceased militiamen fund
POW fund for brothers/sisters currently in prison.
Community Defense Force Funds...
The list goes on and on..

Tout Jour Prest.
www.wvfirefighters.com
www.worldnetdaily.com
www.pbn.4mg.com (Liberty Tree Radio.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.