09/30/2010 04:03 PM
Lancaster, PA
RugerNiner Offline OP
RugerNiner  Offline OP
Lancaster, PA
[Linked Image]

The article is located below.

Full Story

Remember Keep your powder dry and your musket well oiled.
Re: Time Magazine cover #152015
09/30/2010 04:23 PM
09/30/2010 04:23 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
This has already been posted

http://www.awrm.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=000654;p=1#000003

But without the cover photo.

That Cover really ticks me off.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Time Magazine cover #152016
09/30/2010 04:49 PM
09/30/2010 04:49 PM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
"A standing army we shall have, also, to execute the execrable commands of tyranny; and how are you to punish them? Will you order them to be punished? Who shall obey these orders? Will your mace-bearer be a match for a disciplined regiment? In what situation are we to be? The clause before you gives a power of direct taxation, unbounded and unlimited, an exclusive power of legislation, in all cases whatsoever, for ten miles square, and over all places purchased for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, etc. What resistance could be made? The attempt would be madness. You will find all the strength of this country in the hands of your enemies; their garrisons will naturally be the strongest places in the country. Your militia is given up to Congress, also, in another part of this plan; they will therefore act as they think proper; all power will be in their own possession. You can not force them to receive their punishment: of what service would militia be to you, when, most probably, you will not have a single musket in the State? For, us arms are to be provided by Congress, they may or may not furnish them."
Patrick Henry, Shall Liberty or Empire be Sought?, from a June 5, 1788 speech in the Virginia Convention, called to ratify the Constitution of the United States.

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Time Magazine cover #152017
09/30/2010 07:39 PM
09/30/2010 07:39 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
That's a squared away Marine Corps eight-point though. cool

Yet another anti-Militia hit piece. And the media wonders why my unit never wants to talk to them.

Here, they had a well organized unit that not only was willing to talk to them, but actually let them attend their training event and even take photos of their members! Yet what did they do? They did a pathetic job of trying to connect some neo-nazi douchebags and Tim Mcveigh (big surprise) to the Militia.

The message is clear; do the media a favor and they screw you over. Give them a story and they give you a bad reputation you never deserved in the first place.

ODF, I hope you guys videotaped your interviews with them and will be putting them on youtube real soon.

The author basically says to the readers, "These guys might not seem so bad, but don't let that fool you. I'm sure there are plenty of evil militias out there."

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: Time Magazine cover #152018
09/30/2010 11:54 PM
09/30/2010 11:54 PM
Lancaster, PA
RugerNiner Offline OP
RugerNiner  Offline OP
Lancaster, PA
I just found this "Letter from the Editor".

True patriotism is not owned by any party or person. Nor is there a one-size-fits-all definition that would please all those who consider themselves patriots. We each define the idea — and act on it — in our own way. But there are some definitions that cross the line, that pervert patriotism and take it to a place that is hateful and dangerous. Barry Goldwater famously declared in his acceptance speech at the 1964 Republican Convention that "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice." Fine. But some forms of extremism in defense of a misguided sense of liberty can be poisonous. And such noxious extremism can come from left or right — or anywhere.

In this week's powerful and disturbing cover story, Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative correspondent Barton Gellman explores the world of extreme antigovernment alienation, from the training protocols of America's militias all the way to the deranged plans of a neo-Nazi who sought to plant a dirty bomb in Washington. In recent years, rhetoric on the left and the right of the political spectrum has grown more incendiary, but both sides still aim to achieve their ends with ballots, not bullets. The story portrays those who believe that government is more than just the problem; they believe it is the enemy. The most extreme militants do not believe in change through peaceful means and think it is only a matter of time before they will have to take up arms against the federal government.
(See a Q&A on the American right's radicalism.)

Barton spent the past six months working on this, his first TIME cover story, and traveled to California, Ohio, North Carolina, New York and Washington. "I grew up target shooting and have family in the Army," he notes, "so the guns didn't scare me. What scared me is the way some antigovernment groups are training to use them — and the matter-of-factness of some of their members when they speak of bloodshed." The striking photograph on the cover and those inside were taken by a young photographer named Ty Cacek, who accompanied Barton to an Ohio Defense Force training site in Zanesville, Ohio. Ty is just 19, but his vision has a maturity that belies his age. The entire project was overseen by national editor and Washington bureau chief Michael Duffy.

Remember Keep your powder dry and your musket well oiled.
Re: Time Magazine cover #152019
10/01/2010 02:23 AM
10/01/2010 02:23 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Both the government and the media are desperate for a new OKC to whine about.

They are scared shitless of the coming backdraft.

You all would not believe the number of requests I get from the media to do a "fair and balanced" interview. I've even been offered "payment" to act as a "consultant" for a new movie that is supposedly being produced about the militia movement.

The media can kiss my ass. We no longer need them to get our message out to the public. They need us to spread theirs. And, it ain't gonna happen.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Time Magazine cover #152020
10/01/2010 08:23 AM
10/01/2010 08:23 AM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
A top FBI counterterrorism official says the bureau's "biggest concern" is "the individual who has done the training, has the capability but is disenchanted with the group's action — or in many cases, inaction — and decides he's going to act alone." A high-ranking DHS official added that "it's almost impossible to find that needle in a haystack," even if the FBI has an informant in the group. James Cavanaugh, who recently retired from a senior post at the ATF and took part in some of the bloodiest confrontations with the radical right in the 1990s, says the creation of monsters in their midst is the greatest danger posed by organized groups.

The ceaseless talk of federal aggression — and regular training to repel it — "becomes a hysteria where you constantly, constantly practice and nothing happens," he says. "Now most of them wouldn't go out offensively, O.K.? But generally why they're dangerous is that some people can't stand that rhetoric and just wait for it to happen. And they go off the rails, à la McVeigh."

-------------------------------------------------

Cavanaugh: spoken like a true monster!

As usual, the article has to end with a reference to little Timmy the Tool, who for the record, did not work alone:

Timothy McVeigh worked for the FBI, and the OKC Bombing was a false flag event specifically engineered by DOJ in order to malign the BoR Article 2 Militia.

Did anyone really expect that Time and CNN would print the truth?

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Time Magazine cover #152021
10/01/2010 09:47 AM
10/01/2010 09:47 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Both the government and the media are desperate for a new OKC to whine about.

You all would not believe the number of requests I get from the media to do a "fair and balanced" interview. I've even been offered "payment" to act as a "consultant" for a new movie that is supposedly being produced about the militia movement.

The media can kiss my ass. We no longer need them to get our message out to the public. They need us to spread theirs. And, it ain't gonna happen.
Damn straight

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Time Magazine cover #152022
10/01/2010 12:06 PM
10/01/2010 12:06 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
ConSigCor
I believe that is actually the truth.

After the bombing of the Federal Building in OKC a TV Reporter was interviewing a FBI Agent and the Agent said to the Reporter in response to a question about Militia involvement ”I hope to God that the Militia was not involved because if they were we are in trouble” Now I am not 100% sure he said the exact words “We Are In Trouble” but from what he said and the manner he said it sure seemed that he was really afraid of what would happen if the the FBI had to fight the Militia. I also believe that he was not officially authorized to speak for the FBI. So I think in that case he actually told the unscripted truth.

Even if this were not true it is reasonable to figure that some people in Federal Law Enforcement and or High Ranking Military Officers and others in the Administration fully understand the implications of what would happen if even 3% of the American Gun Owners decided to use their weapons to fight for freedom.

Yes they do FEAR US.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Time Magazine cover #152023
10/01/2010 12:36 PM
10/01/2010 12:36 PM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
And they always start with the fair and balanced reporting comment. I'm not laughing!!! This hit piece is clearly intended to sabotage the militias ability to win the hearts and minds of the local folks.

Aside from a bias media, fear is the enemy hear. It was a dumb move to even give the interview in the first place.

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Time Magazine cover #152024
10/01/2010 03:15 PM
10/01/2010 03:15 PM
Mid West desert
C
Coverbuster Offline
Coverbuster  Offline
C
Mid West desert
10/4/10 issue on the stands , I missed the hard copy .............

Zombies don't eat RETARD , so you're safe .
Re: Time Magazine cover #152025
10/01/2010 03:19 PM
10/01/2010 03:19 PM
Mid West desert
C
Coverbuster Offline
Coverbuster  Offline
C
Mid West desert
Originally posted by Sniper_762X51:
[b] ConSigCor
I believe that is actually the truth.

After the bombing of the Federal Building in OKC a TV Reporter was interviewing a FBI Agent and the Agent said to the Reporter in response to a question about Militia involvement ”I hope to God that the Militia was not involved because if they were we are in trouble” Now I am not 100% sure he said the exact words “We Are In Trouble” but from what he said and the manner he said it sure seemed that he was really afraid of what would happen if the the FBI had to fight the Militia. I also believe that he was not officially authorized to speak for the FBI. So I think in that case he actually told the unscripted truth.

Even if this were not true it is reasonable to figure that some people in Federal Law Enforcement and or High Ranking Military Officers and others in the Administration fully understand the implications of what would happen if even 3% of the American Gun Owners decided to use their weapons to fight for freedom.

Yes they do FEAR US. [/b]
Well , seems me and 762 are on the same page on this issue . He uses 3% I have explained it down to 1% of guns owners taking a stand and the out come is not pretty , Thats 10,000 per state with a bee in their bonnet ................

Zombies don't eat RETARD , so you're safe .
Re: Time Magazine cover #152026
10/01/2010 04:05 PM
10/01/2010 04:05 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
The don't understand us, so they fear us. And because they fear us, they seek to destroy us.

On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
Re: Time Magazine cover #152027
10/01/2010 06:22 PM
10/01/2010 06:22 PM
Ohio
D
donttreadonmebmg Offline
donttreadonmebmg  Offline
D
Ohio
Secret World, LOL, we're open to the public! we've done many different trainings not all of which involves guns or gun training. CPR, ,first aid, fast water group crossings in the event of a flood and people are stranded on the other side of a swollen stream and can't cross safely on their own, we can do that because we've trained and many other training scenarios that suggest we're not all about preparing for end times or what ever.

Show up for 24 months straight and really see how we train, why we train, and for who we train. "Family, Friends, and Neighbors"
Then judge us!

If we are to remain free, all good men should join their local militia and learn to fight tyranny on every level and by any means necessary.
If you live in Ohio and would like to participate in Militia training contact the OVC
Ohio Volunteer Corps
Re: Time Magazine cover #152028
10/02/2010 04:14 AM
10/02/2010 04:14 AM
Oregon
M
Merk Offline
Merk  Offline
M
Oregon
Without retaining full editorial control over every letter written it is impossible to prevent what has occurred in this article.

Militia need to stop talking to the national media altogether. How many times do we need to be bitch slapped by inaccurate spin and connection to past false flag events like OKC?

By talking to them you agree to play their game in the arena they built, where they make the rules and truth is relative and fleeting.

Don't talk to the media. Period.

The entire project was overseen by national editor and Washington bureau chief Michael Duffy.
Operation Mockingbird info at totally compromised Wikipedia.

"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Time Magazine cover #152029
10/02/2010 08:48 AM
10/02/2010 08:48 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
They can officially kiss mine as well: I'm starting preproduction on a Freedom Guide movie-it's going to be a compilation of voices througout the movement, whatever they contribute... that's good. Fiction, how-to, documentary, testimonial, music, whatever.

I'm looking for content. I'm also looking for people with quality equipment and skills to do a few things as well-perhaps if you've already got something and would like to help produce it or even if you got something in at least DV quality send me something at j-croft@graffiti.net

J. Croft

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Time Magazine cover #152030
10/21/2010 11:55 AM
10/21/2010 11:55 AM
Ohio
E
Efraim Offline
Efraim  Offline
E
Ohio
TIME is a tabloid and everyone knows it.

'In the hour of need, at the moment of truth; you will not rise to the occasion - you will default to your level of training' -LtCol Dave Grossman

http://ohiovolunteercorps.org/
Re: Time Magazine cover #152031
10/21/2010 12:36 PM
10/21/2010 12:36 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
Originally posted by Efraim:
TIME is a tabloid and everyone knows it.
I hear that next month they'll have "Bat Boy" on the cover.

[Linked Image]

Re: Time Magazine cover #152032
11/09/2010 07:42 AM
11/09/2010 07:42 AM
NE Ohio
T
Thorgrimr Offline
Thorgrimr  Offline
T
NE Ohio
This article had what I suspect is the opposite of it's intended effect on me- See, I actually know one of the people (mis)quoted in it. I contacted him, and I think I may go check out the NEODF's training. Might even join, if I like what they do.

Hell, I found this place as a result of reading the article! smile

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.
-The Havamal

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.