Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
...except in New York City.

[Linked Image]

We've long maintained that chess is one of the least aggressive gentleman's sports, just a wee bit behind Horseshoes on the blood-and-sweat chart. Who could find fault in benign chess players? But no minor infraction is too small for the NYPD: according to DNAinfo, seven chess players are due in court this month after they were arrested in Inwood for the grave offense of playing chess...on chess boards...in a park...illegally! Hey, it's not like the NYPD have anything better to do.

The seven men were given summonses for being inside of Emerson Playground, a children's play area off limits to adults unaccompanied by minors. But the men were in an area filled with stone chess and backgammon tables, completely separated from the play area by a fence. Inwood residents were angry upon discovering what happened, because many of those ticketed were the same people who taught their children how to play chess in that very park over the past several years. "Crime is on the rise in the Inwood area according to the news and in addition to what we see and hear about in the neighborhood, is chess really something that should be considered a threat to the neighborhood?" one mother, whose 7-year-old son learned how to play chess there, wrote the 34th Precinct, the City Council, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly and Mayor Bloomberg (and presumably, President Obama, Spongebob Squarepants and Dick Van Dyke).

Captain Jose Navarro of the 34th Precinct told DNAinfo he had reviewed the ticket and stood by his officers giving the seven men summons for "Fail[ing] to comply with signs." "Under my direction, uniformed officers routinely enter the parks to enforce closing times and other regulations; all designed to protect the community," he wrote in an email. "There is a problem in this area with drug dealing, but the police have time to write tickets to people playing chess?" asked Yacahudah Harrison, 48, one of the men who was ticketed. Yeah, but the piece of the puzzle that everyone is ignoring is that this was a direct attack on chess as an institution—because everyone knows chess is a gateway drug to some seriously aggressive sports, such as Squash, Polo, and the pure evil that is Jai Alai.
Surely the NYPD has something more important to do, like protecting its citizenry from crime. But maybe not.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152205
11/17/2010 02:05 PM
11/17/2010 02:05 PM
MT
C
C. M. Wolf Offline
C. M. Wolf  Offline
C
MT
There is only One thing that is going to wake enough Americans up to the Policestate Dictatorship that is becoming America, for things to get so bad, so oppressive, so insane, that no American Citizen lives a single day without being so shoved into a corner that they all contemplate snapping or actually snap!

When the housing market began to fall apart, the American banks and those that owned property started to get more and more restrictive and uncaring towards other Americans and even began forclosing on Americans that had properly made their payments to date.

When the economy got bad,(by design), Americans began to stop helping other Americans,(unless any help was paid for in advance).

When the job market took a nose dive, more Americans viciously competed with other Americans instead of helping them.

Etc, Etc.

...But don't think it's as bad as it can get America. This literally is only the very tip of the iceburg this Nation is just about to slam into at break-neck speed.
(...And frankly, I've gotten hurt enough to the point that I just don't give a damn how many Americans go out of their way to screw other Americans anymore. I'm cold, hungry, and I'm hurt, and no one bothers to listen unless I'm busy helping them without any return.)

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152206
11/18/2010 12:06 PM
11/18/2010 12:06 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
In New York, you can be arrested for playing chess in public, but in Roselle Park, New Jersey, you can be arrested you can be arrested for falling asleep while watching people play chess in public .

One resident couldn’t help but laugh when she heard the news.

“Isn’t that a little crazy? I mean, if you fall asleep, like if I were to sit down on this bench and wait for a bus and I fell asleep, that’s against the law?” she said. “Don’t you think that’s a little crazy?”
Well, yes, it's a little crazy. In fact, it's a lot crazy. But not quite as crazy as the fact that you folks in Roselle Park elected the folks who passed that law.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152207
11/20/2010 02:12 PM
11/20/2010 02:12 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
NYPD tickets woman for not having her [b]dogs\'[/b] paperwork with her while she was walking them.

What happened? Did the NYPD run out of black people to stop and frisk?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152208
11/20/2010 05:40 PM
11/20/2010 05:40 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
After we win the coming Civil War we need to purge our Republic of every scum sucking walking pile of pig excrement commonly known as Law Enforcement Officers (Cops).

I get extremely ticked off every time I read on this or other board that crap about one bad apple and other dung posted by mentally ill false Patriots in defense of their blue uniformed badge wearing Heros and Gods.

I almost got banned from a board because I dared refer to cops as badge wearing Mobsters.

The truth for anyone intelligent enough and not mentally ill is that cops are EVIL and they should all be sent to the same kind of Showers that the Nazis sent Jews into.

After the war cops need to be exterminated like the vermin they are.

Some people talk about Good Cops but in reality how many Good Cops are there and what is a Good Cop.

Any cop that witnesses another cop abuse a Citizen or violate the rights of any Citizen and does nothing to stop it or does not report it or testify against his brother in blue is not a Good Cop at least by my standards.

This is the total truth, Cops are Thieves and Criminals who hide behind that badge they wear.

It is a known FACT that where cops show up People's Money vanishes.

I have a very very good friend who had cops come to his house for some bullshit reason and took him into custody while the piles of pig crap searched his home. After he was finally released and he went back into his home only to find it trashed and after he finally cleaned up the mess, he checked his Attache Case which was supposed to contain $2,000 only to find a single $20 bill.

He contacted his Lawyer and was told that it would be the cops word against his and that it was common for cops to steal any money they found during any search and it was also common for them to leave a single $20 bill or small amount of other denominations.

So this is positive proof that Cops are Thieves. So anyone who defends cops is a total asshole and is an enemy of the People and should be shoved into the showers with his GODS.

Also another friend told me he hated being intimidated to give free coffee etc to cops who would come by the back door of his A&W Stand. I used to see the cops at the back door myself so this is the total truth. Oh I was threatened with being banned for posting this truth on another board most of us are quite familiar with.

Maybe after the War some of the Gun Boards should be banned and taken down, since they are no friends of the Republic or of Freedom and the Truth.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152209
11/20/2010 06:49 PM
11/20/2010 06:49 PM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
Sniper,
I respect you as a fellow patriot and brother, but I will not stand you speaking about my father that way. You are referring to city cops, obviously. They are untrained. Not worthy or have enough knowledge of the Laws to be effective. SO STOP BEING A FUCKIN NAZI. STOP THE TALK ABOUT THE COLD SHOWERS. NAZI'S ARE THE OPPOSITE OF FREEDOM SO HOW CAN YOU CLAIM TO BE A PATRIOT BUT YET FOLLOW INDICTMENTS THAT ARE THE OPPOSITE OF OUR VALUES AND VIRTUES? WHY DON'T YOU LOOK UP OATH KEEPERS FOR GODS SAKE?

Prove your facts, then. You have already absoluted your statement by saying that anyone who disagrees with you is an "asshole". I see this same very tactic used by the media propaganda inc. run by the big government that we all dislike.

As I look at what you have said, I can conclude that your two 'friends' live in a most likely mid sized city with suckish untrained city cops.

Higher trained police (sheriff dept., most state police) have much more knowledge of the Constitution and much more honor. I have discussed the Rights and Constitution with many deputies and troopers, all I have seen firmly agree with all rights in the Bill of Rights and like to think of themselves as "Peace Officers" or "Law Upholdment Officers" than "Police" or "Law Enforcement Officers". This statement is not true with local police. They think of themselves as "Enforcers".

The Gestapo were enforcers. So were the SS.

It needs to be fundamental in an peace officers training that they are Upholders, not Enforcers. Politicians and Money get in the way of this.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152210
11/21/2010 12:29 AM
11/21/2010 12:29 AM
louisville kentucky
F
free radical Offline
Officer Contributor
free radical  Offline
Officer Contributor
F
louisville kentucky
I have seen, heard and experienced enough in my 50 years to think calling Police agencys here in America NAZI GESTAPO agencys is appropriate. Not ALL Cops are bad but enough are and they ALL stick together and cover their abuse. You can find new video evidence of brutality, bullying, unConstitutional behavior every day on U Tube, Just my 2 cents,

fomerly known as Kentucky Rifleman
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152211
11/23/2010 01:52 PM
11/23/2010 01:52 PM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
NYC is off the hook with everything. Hell I was told you need a permit down there to have a BBQ on your own freaking porch. MAYBE the thugs don't care for kids learning a game that teaches them to look at the big picture and forward thinking...These are dangerous traits.

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152212
11/24/2010 01:45 AM
11/24/2010 01:45 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Let us relax on the mean words.
Cops, Leo's, firemen, military, etc. are not gods. They are Employees. They do as they are told or the paycheck to feed their families, drive their cars, buy insurance, raise their kids stops.
If doing so requires that they work with animals, and thugs that is what they have to do.
The best they can do is to show a little bit of leniency when they can and raise the new recruits to do what is right as often as they can.
There is no Cops, Leo's, firemen, military, etc. There are only skin and bone men trying to do right in the belly of the unliving corporate city, State, Federal monster.

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152213
11/24/2010 04:16 AM
11/24/2010 04:16 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by safetalker:
Let us relax on the mean words.
Cops, Leo's, firemen, military, etc. are not gods. They are [b] Employees. They do as they are told or the paycheck to feed their families, drive their cars, buy insurance, raise their kids stops.[/b]
If doing so requires that they work with animals, and thugs that is what they have to do.
The best they can do is to show a little bit of leniency when they can and raise the new recruits to do what is right as often as they can.
There is no Cops, Leo's, firemen, military, etc. There are only skin and bone men trying to do right in the belly of the unliving corporate city, State, Federal monster.
I will tell you something, you are really pissing me off and your last post is finally over the edge as far as I am concerned. I am thinking that you are not a real Patriot and one thing is for certain, you sure don't think like a Patriot. Hell you may even be a rotten Cop yourself.

I have been getting very irritated with you constant referring to the United States of America as a Corporation, it seems that you just have to call it that in all or at least 95% of your posts and it is wearing thin. Even if it is true do you have to endlessly repeat it in every post.

That Corporation crap is only an irritation but now you have gone totally off the deep end with your last post.

I am trying very hard to be polite and not insult you, but sometimes it is very hard to sugar coat the truth to make it taste any better.

I am really having a hard time figuring out how you could be a real Patriot and yet think as you do.

You really don't seem to have any clue on the Evil we are fighting against.

Judging by what you just posted, it seems that you think we should give a free pass to the piles of pig crap that have violated the Rights of American Citizens, and have even murdered Citizens, just because they were only doing their jobs so that they could feed and care for their families.

That is one of the biggest piles of stinking Bull Crap that you have ever posted and you have posted plenty of Bull Crap. I guess you are trying to set a new personal Low for garbage that only a Mentally Ill person would post.

Do you also believe that the Nazis who murdered Millions of Innocent Men, Women and Children, should also be given a pass since they were only doing their Jobs?

My G*D considering the way your mind seems to function, what are you doing on a Patriot Board.

My personal opinion of you could not be much lower, and this time you have even outdone yourself and by your own words have proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt that you are totally clueless about Cops even with all the True Horror Stories about the Evil that Cops have done, that have been posted even just on this board, you are still closed minded and Ignorant enough to Post the following Bull Crap:
You are living in your own private Disney World and Fantasy Land, where everything is just the way you believe it is and you can not see the truth even if it was shoved in your face.

If you weren't delusional you would be able to understand that posting: There are only skin and bone men trying to do right is not something that any rational person would state in reference to Cops and other Law Enforcers unless that person is a Cop or is a Cop Lover.

Anyone who actually believes that Cops who beat up and even shoot and kill innocent people in handcuffs are just men who are trying to do right, is a total fool and is one of the Enemy and is not worthy of any respect and should be totally ignored by any True Patriot.

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152214
11/24/2010 06:32 AM
11/24/2010 06:32 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Cease fire.

I've seen good cops. I'm pretty sure I even used to be one. You just don't hear about them, especially in this forum.

There's also a lot of bad ones. Most of them, you don't hear about either. They're the cops who sit in their cars outside a convenience store in a bad part of town and issue tickets for jaywalking.

(You don't see them ticketing suits jaywalking in front of City Hall, do you? The tickets are really for "walking while black." And I watched a cop do that here in Tulsa just a few days ago. The guys who got the tickets were shaking their heads and laughing at the silliness of it all. I was shaking my head, but I wasn't laughing.)

It's true that it's becoming harder to be a good cop these days, and a whole lot easier to be a bad one. But if you want to blame someone, I'd start with all those suits jaywalking in front of City Hall I talked about earlier. The late Senator Tip O'Neill once famously said that "all politics is local."

Well, so is all tyranny. Those guys in City Hall know exactly what their cops are doing, and they're fine with it. If you want to clean things up, I'd suggest starting there. Get control of the city council and the mayor's office and clean up the police force.

In other words, instead of sitting in front of your computer bitching at the cops, get out and do something about it.

And quit sniping at each other. We have more important things to do.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152215
11/24/2010 09:24 AM
11/24/2010 09:24 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
airforce
In other words, instead of sitting in front of your computer bitching at the cops, get out and do something about it.
I don't think you really mean that.

I once moved out of state because if I didn't I was going to do something about it. And I still refuse to return to my home State because of it, and I never will return to what used to be my home, except Home to God

I happen to have very personal reasons for hating Cops and most Rational People would feel the same way about cops as I do if what happened to me happened to them.

They are Employees. They do as they are told or the paycheck to feed their families, drive their cars, buy insurance, raise their kids stops.
There are only skin and bone men trying to do right
I will state one thing for the Record, anyone who actually believes that Cops feeding their Families is Justification for Deliberately Murdering innocent People and anyone who really believes that Cops are are actually trying to do the Right Thing is either Mentally Ill, or has an IQ way Below Average.

After World War Two the Question of, is following orders and just doing your job a Valid Excuse for Murder and other Crimes against Humanity, was answered and the Answer was No it is not a valid excuse. But that is not good enough for some people who want Cops to be forgiven for their Crimes instead of being punished for them. That is spiting in the face of every one of their Victims who deserve Justice, and who should receive it after WE win the War.

And how can anyone of normal intelligence possibly actually believe that Cops are actually trying to do the right thing when then Shoot Handcuffed People in the Back and when they Murder 94 Year old women and when they murder peoples dogs and then plant evidence on on them to cover their asses.

This happens every day in the United States and a lot of it gets posted here and yet there are some people who even after reading about what these Cops have done and continue to do, go out of their way to defend them.

And as to the Basic Question of Good Cops and Bad Cops, exactly what is a Good Cop anyway?

Is a Cop who enforces a Law he knows to be Unconstitutional or harms innocent people, a Good Cop or a Bad Cop?

What about a Cop who witnesses a fellow Cop violating a Citizens Rights and does nothing to stop it. Is this Cop a Good or a Bad Cop?

And is a Cop who witnesses another Cop violating a Citizens rights and refuses to testify for the Citizen in a Court of Law, A good Cop or a Bad Cop?

I believe it has been ruled that a person who witnesses a Crime like a Rape and just watches and does nothing to stop it and does not even Call the Cops is guilty of a Crime. So does not the Same apply to Cops who Witnesses a Crime?

Now the reason I got bent out of shape over Safetalker's post was due to him wanting to absolve Cops for all the Evil that they do, just because they were only doing their Jobs and wanted to take care of their families, and his ridiculous assertion that Cops actually wanted to do the right thing.

Just call me stupid but somehow a Cop wanting to do the Right Thing and ending up beating an Innocent person already in custody almost to death does not seem like something a person who wants to the Right Thing would do.

So airforce, I hate putting you on the Hot Seat, but what is your Opinion on the Issues of a Cop Just Doing His Job being an Excuse for the Crimes they Commit. And also do you believe that the Cops who violate the Rights of Citizens by beating almost to death and even sometimes killing them were actually wanted to do the Right Thing but sometimes Shit Just Happens?

Also what is your Opinion of people who actually believe Cops Should be Absolved of their Crimes because they were only taking care of their families and that Cops actually are trying to do the Right Thing when they end up killing Innocent people?

I really do hate doing this to you airforce but I really would like to know what your thought are on this issue.

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152216
11/24/2010 10:10 AM
11/24/2010 10:10 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
If you want to do something about corrupt cops, get rid of them.

Now, you theoretically could start shooting them and you'd certainly get sympathy-but we'd all run out of time... and be on the run.

Better would be to sweep your local government clean of the criminals. Learn something from the GI's of Athens Tennessee, 1946-run a full campaign ticket of Patriots in a emergency recall election. Do it under the banner of the Tea Party or something else that will sell.

If you can't do it in your town, get together with others and do it in a town you can win.

Go to my blog, look up "it's time" and "recall election"

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152217
11/24/2010 10:38 AM
11/24/2010 10:38 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Sniper_762X51:
So [b]airforce, I hate putting you on the Hot Seat...[/b]
I've been there before. Trust me on that. wink

...what is your Opinion on the Issues of a Cop [b]Just Doing His Job being an Excuse for the Crimes they Commit. And also do you believe that the Cops who violate the Rights of Citizens by beating almost to death and even sometimes killing them were actually wanted to do the Right Thing but sometimes Shit Just Happens?[/b]
The answer is, there is no excuse. Heck, I won't forgive Thomas Jefferson for the rape of Sally Hemmings or for continuing to own slaves. Thomas Jefferson knew what he was doing is wrong. And so did every other slave owner. So I'm hardly one to accept the excuses of those responsible for crimes committed by our current government.

But let's put most of the blame where it lies. There isn't a cop anywhere in the world who is responsible for the continuation of the War on Drugs. Deep down, most of the cops know that what they're doing is wrong. True, they're enforcing it--but it damn sure wasn't their idea to bust down doors in the middle of the night.

You know who's responsible for that. You probably helped elect some of them.

On rare occasions, you can actually prosecute a police officer for wrongdoing. I've seen it happen, and I've actually helped it happen. But I'd much rather prosecute the politicians and bureaucrats who turned a blind eye (and often, a not-so-blind eye) to what was happening.

Also what is your Opinion of people who actually believe Cops Should be Absolved of their Crimes because they were only taking care of their families and that Cops actually are trying to do the Right Thing when they end up killing Innocent people?
To be honest, I have no opinion whatsoever, unless that person happens to be one of the politicians or bureaucrats I talked about above. It's sad and scary, but I've seen some actually approve of that cop giving out jaywalking tickets to blacks. (Or at least they did, until I pointed out that cop would never do that across the street from City Hall.)

There were people in the North who approved of returning escaped slaves to the South. Again, they knew it was wrong, but they approved of it anyway. And plenty of Europeans--not just Germans--approved of sending Jews to camps.

What do you do with these people? You try to appeal to their sense of right and wrong (something every rational human being has), but it's a lot like ramming your head into a brick wall.

You do what you can. Changing opinions that have been ingrained in people's psyches for decades just isn't easy. But opinions are changing. We're not only making progress, but we're winning. Let's just keep in mind who the enemies really are.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152218
11/24/2010 11:21 AM
11/24/2010 11:21 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Cops...military...these are all just TOOLS used by the ruling class to enforce tyranny.

Don't waste your time trying to take out all the pawns. You hunt down the ones who sent them.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152219
11/24/2010 11:47 AM
11/24/2010 11:47 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Don't waste your time trying to take out all the pawns. You hunt down the ones who sent them.
You said in 19 words what I tried to say in a whole post. laugh

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Playing Chess Is Not A crime #152220
11/24/2010 11:59 PM
11/24/2010 11:59 PM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Sniper_762X51
The 1871 Act made the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA CORPORATION.
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/138686
I am not to sure I care if you are pissed at me for sharing truth. I love my children, but I know their faults. I love my Wife, but I know her faults also.
I served my Country for over 27 years, but I am willing to see the faults.
I am not a PATRIOT of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Inc. I am a Sovereign man who loves his country, but recognizes what is wrong and does his part to make the needed corrections.
Even if it pisses off some who swear blind faith in an organization created by, written by, and run by, mere men.
Sorry if you are offended.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.