Print Thread
Death of a Patriot #152332
12/30/2010 03:31 AM
12/30/2010 03:31 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Commentary from Mike at Sipsey Street...

My stone on the marker. The passing of a principled, wise and stubborn American. I was proud to know him and work with him.

"If every German Jew and anti-Nazi had possessed a Mauser rifle, twenty rounds and the will to use it, Adolf Hitler would be a footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic." -- Aaron Zelman, 1995.

Forwarded by Mama Liberty comes this sad news from Claire Wolfe, referencing this obituary:

Zelman, Aaron S. December 21, 2010, age 64 years, of Erin, WI. Beloved husband of Nancy Zelman (nee Soderlund). Dear father of Erik and Jeremy Zelman. Further survived by other relatives and friends. Funeral services 11:00 AM Friday, December 24, 2010 at Beth El Ner Tamid Synagogue, 2909 W. Mequon Rd., Mequon. Memorials to JPFO, P.O. Box 270143, Hartford, WI 53027 or Beth El Ner Tamid Synagogue are appreciated.

Claire says, in part:

Aaron and I worked together for seven years. I admired him and even though he could be crazy-making at times, he had one of the most creative minds I’ve ever encountered and he was unfailingly a gentleman and a gentle-spoken man. He created a unique niche in the gun-rights movement and I hope JPFO can continue without him.

Aaron was born with Marfan Syndrome, which can cause a host of related problems, some potentially fatal. I don’t know what he died from, but between that and his Type-A, hard-driving nature, it’s not surprising, though it’s shocking and tragic, that he died so young. Rather, I tell myself it shouldn’t be surprising. Yet Aaron was such a powerful personality, it’s hard to think of him being extinguished.

I worked with Aaron on firearms rights issues long-distance for fifteen years, and I'm stricken because he was one of those fixtures that you come to count on, thinking they'll always be around.

David Codrea speaks for me as well:

I had the great privilege of working with Aaron over the past several years, including corresponding and speaking on the telephone, and was pleased to do what I could to help promote the great and innovative work of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

We have lost a giant. The sadness I feel is gripping.

Goodbye, my friend. What an honor it was to know you. I am so grateful for the work you did on behalf of freedom, and for the legacy you leave behind.

May we be worthy of it.

You know, in has been a tradition for thousands of years that visitors to the grave of a Jewish man or woman would place stones on their grave markers, which originally were themselves just heaps of stones. It began, it is said, as a sign of kindness and respect to the deceased and his or her family. In a time before technology, one might hear of the death of a friend many weeks or even months after the funeral. Yet even after a tombstone was erected, one could participate in the "mitzvah" by adding your own stone to the grave. It is a token of respect and of commitment.

By placing your own stone on the mound, you showed not only that you respected the deceased, but you demonstrated that we the living are never finished building the monument to the life's work of the great soul who has passed on.

One day, I will place my own stone on Aaron Zelman's marker.

He was truly a great soul, and one hell of a fighter for American liberty. I shall miss him terribly.

Mike
III

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Death of a Patriot #152333
12/30/2010 03:56 AM
12/30/2010 03:56 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, well, anyone pitching in for something on this count me in. Dude was righteous to the core.

Seems I am finding out about this a little late.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Death of a Patriot #152334
12/30/2010 05:27 AM
12/30/2010 05:27 AM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
JPFO is a non-profit, tax-exempt, educational, civil rights organization.

Among the campaigns it has announced include those to battle the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which it says "is to instill fear into gun owners and dealers."

It also seeks to "re-establish a Bill of Rights culture."

The organization always has welcomed those of all religious beliefs who share the goal of opposing and reversing disarmament policies.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Death of a Patriot #152335
12/30/2010 08:54 AM
12/30/2010 08:54 AM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
Aaron Zelman was a friend of militias. Last month I bought a copy of their excellent "2A Today For The USA" DVD to use in recruiting for our militia at gun shows. It was defective and I called to tell them and Aaron answered the phone. I told him why we wanted it and he sent us a replacement and their newer videos "No Guns For Jews" and "No Guns For Negroes" for free.

You can download "2A Today For The USA" here:
http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/2a-today-download.htm

I am not Jewish but I like the video it is pro-militia.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Death of a Patriot #152336
12/30/2010 10:01 AM
12/30/2010 10:01 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
Serious loss for the forces of freedom, but we who remain will soldier on.

Let us resolve to be worthy of his legacy.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Death of a Patriot #152337
12/30/2010 10:15 AM
12/30/2010 10:15 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
A hero and a friend. Aaron will be missed. frown

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Death of a Patriot #152338
12/30/2010 12:47 PM
12/30/2010 12:47 PM
it the Hearts and Minds of Pat...
D
DICK WOLF Offline
DICK WOLF  Offline
D
it the Hearts and Minds of Pat...
Aaron will be missed, Its not about how we die , but how we live; is how we are remembered Aaron will be missed, God be with Him and His Family.

Re: Death of a Patriot #152339
12/30/2010 04:53 PM
12/30/2010 04:53 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Let not his death be in vain.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Death of a Patriot #152340
12/31/2010 10:10 AM
12/31/2010 10:10 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
Too bad I never got to know Aaron, he sounds like a great patriot and person.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: Death of a Patriot #152341
12/31/2010 11:14 AM
12/31/2010 11:14 AM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
I had the pleasure of dealing with Aaron several years ago when we had an Anti-UN protest down in NYC during the last UN small arms conference. He was a wealth of knowledge and support. A Good man for sure and a major asset. GOD speed and GOD bless!!!

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: Death of a Patriot #152342
01/14/2011 11:49 AM
01/14/2011 11:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Passing of Aaron Zelman, Founder of JPFO |
Written by Bob Adelmann
Friday, 14 January 2011

When Aaron Zelman, the founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, died just before Christmas at his home in Wisconsin, eulogies poured in from people Zelman had impacted. One came from Eugene Volokh, who said that Zelman’s "most notable contribution was research pointing out the frequency with which genocide has been preceded by prohibiting arms possession by the targeted victims."

Zelman's updated book Death by Gun Control reviews the history of exterminations of unarmed peoples in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Mao’s China, Cambodia, Guatemala, Uganda, Armenia, Rwanda, and Bosnia. In Volokh’s review of that book, he noted:

The number of people killed by governments in the twentieth century is over two-thirds of the current population of the United States. As a cause of premature death, criminal governments massively outpace ordinary criminals.

A tribute from AmmoLand Gun News reminded its readers that Zelman’s seminal article exposed the 1968 Gun Control Act’s direct connection, courtesy of then-Senator Thomas Dodd, to the Nazi Gun Control Act of 1938, which led to the attempted extermination of all Jews in Germany after they were successfully disarmed: "Aaron had a take-no-prisoners way of thinking and challenged everyone from the NRA, to Washington bureaucrats to Ted Nugent in the name of the Second Amendment."

In an interview with John Birch Society president John F. McManus in 2008, Zelman said, “We’re not interested in compromise. We are only interested in the destruction of … the evil and deadly policy known as gun control.”

Zelman wrote an open letter to popular rock star Ted Nugent, noting Nugent’s membership on the board of the National Rifle Association (NRA), and informing Nugent that “the day I’ll join the NRA” is when

The NRA aggressively presses to abolish all concealed carry permit laws....

I’ll join the NRA when the NRA calls for the complete and unconditional disbanding of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE)…. As you know, JPFO has produced a documentary about the BATFE called “The Gang” for which you kindly donated footage … which [shows] how, with deliberate regularity, the BATFE criminally harasses honest gun owners…. We don’t need these bucket-headed, jack-booted paramilitary goons playing cops in our lives.

I’ll join the NRA when the NRA soundly condemns and works tirelessly to abolish the Gun Control Act of 1968. [As you know] NRA lawyers actually helped to write this piece of totalitarian legislation … a near carbon copy of the Nazi German gun laws of the 1930s.

In an acerbic letter just 11 days before his death, Zelman wrote “An Open Letter to All American Politicians and Bureaucrats,” noting acidly,

You have done absolutely nothing effective or meaningful to stop [the erosion of our Second Amendment rights]. A preponderance of the blame can be laid directly at your feet. Why? Because many of you are, unequivocally, deceivers and liars.

How can I call you liars? Upon your election or appointment here’s what you promised us: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take his obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Your oath of office is a contract, both verbal and signed. If you are in breach of that contract you are now both a liar and a criminal….

What immediate convenience or passing luxury could lure so many of you into your present and insane politically correct points of view? It must be asked: Are you taking bribes? Are you being blackmailed? What is the promise or price being offered to you to so transparently betray America?

If you don’t change course, how long do you think the American people are going to tolerate your charade of loyalty?

In summarizing his conversation and interview with Zelman back in 2008, McManus remembered: “He had the remarkable ability to look past commonly held attitudes and beliefs and arrive at what people really needed to know. Aaron Zelman got right down to the nitty gritty.” As part of the society’s educational campaign, a DVD titled 2A for the USA was co-produced by Zelman, the JPFO, and the JBS, and may be ordered here.

With the loss of such a man as Aaron Zelman, a fair question now is: Who can replace him? Who can fill the void? Who can provide the incisive clarity, the backbone, the leadership, and the courage needed in this most vital of battles? Who, indeed?

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.