New Gun Control Legislation #152348
01/09/2011 04:29 PM
01/09/2011 04:29 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline OP
McMedic  Offline OP
43/18
This didn't take long.

McCarthy is nothing if not consistent. I'm curious to see what Boehner's reaction will be to this debacle.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152349
01/09/2011 04:35 PM
01/09/2011 04:35 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
McCarthy certainly puts the JERK in 'knee-jerk reaction.'

The guy was only three feet away from her. He could have done that with a kitchen knife.

I'm curious as to how many people who died and were injured were actually shot. I have a feeling that a big crowd of over-weight adults all stampeding to get away could do a LOT of damage to anyone who isn't big enough, fast enough, or aggressive enough.

Something else hasn't been explained. If he just wanted to kill the congresswoman, then why would he shoot at anyone else?

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152350
01/09/2011 05:34 PM
01/09/2011 05:34 PM
Alaska
I
ironartist Offline
ironartist  Offline
I
Alaska
those that want gun control will grab at anything they get a chance to, that shooter had his own demons in his head if the school system knew he had them they should have found a way to have him evaluated before kicking him out of the university or collage he was attending prior to purchaseing the weapon.

"Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"

Μολών λαβέ
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152351
01/09/2011 08:08 PM
01/09/2011 08:08 PM
Maryland
O
OLM-Medic Offline
OLM-Medic  Offline
O
Maryland
“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute,” said Quigley. “He had an additional magazine capability. That’s not what a hunter needs. That’s not what someone needs to defend their home. That’s what you use to hunt people.”
No kidding you dumb bitch, its to protect ourselves from terrorists like YOU!

"Remember that your adversary's desire to live is usually more powerful than whatever ammunition your are carrying in your firearms. Plan accordingly." -tire iron
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152352
01/10/2011 04:04 AM
01/10/2011 04:04 AM
New York
I
ironshaolin Offline
ironshaolin  Offline
I
New York
Wait, wait, the shooting was done with a Glock 19. Has anyone here heard of a glock 19 being capable of firing hundreds of bullets a minute?

Or, did I mistakenly read the 2nd ammendment. It must've said, "the right to keep and bear low capacity firearms for hunting shall not be infringed".

I feel for Mcarthy, really. Having your family gunned down must be a TERRIBLE experience to go through. But having that situation makes her act on gun control out of EMOTION instead of LOGIC.

"Knowing is not enough, one must do. Willing is not enough, one must apply"- Bruce Lee
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152353
01/10/2011 06:22 AM
01/10/2011 06:22 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Welp, guess this is the litmus test for the TEA Party...

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152354
01/10/2011 09:07 AM
01/10/2011 09:07 AM
Maine
S
SF Medic Offline
SF Medic  Offline
S
Maine
McCarthy having been through an incident like this has let her personal feelings and emotions cloud her judgment as a Member of Congress.

Gun control laws do nothing to stop the criminal from obtaining and using weapons to carry out their misdeeds.

If Congresswomen McCarthy wants to ban weapons, then herself along with other members of Congress must also be held accountable because they are the ones that wrote the laws and they are the ones that are also failing to accept responsibility for their actions.

Doc
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152355
01/10/2011 04:12 PM
01/10/2011 04:12 PM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
Originally posted by SF Medic:
McCarthy having been through an incident like this has let her personal feelings and emotions cloud her judgment as a Member of Congress.

Gun control laws do nothing to stop the criminal from obtaining and using weapons to carry out their misdeeds.

If Congresswomen McCarthy wants to ban weapons, then herself along with other members of Congress must also be held accountable because they are the ones that wrote the laws and they are the ones that are also failing to accept responsibility for their actions.
And if NY state concealed carry holders were allowed to carry into new york shity someone on that cattle car commuter train may have ended the nut jobs tirade sooner and her hubby may still be alive.

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152356
01/11/2011 03:25 AM
01/11/2011 03:25 AM
Maine
S
SF Medic Offline
SF Medic  Offline
S
Maine
Originally posted by coydog:
Originally posted by SF Medic:
[b] McCarthy having been through an incident like this has let her personal feelings and emotions cloud her judgment as a Member of Congress.

And if NY state concealed carry holders were allowed to carry into new york shity someone on that cattle car commuter train may have ended the nut jobs tirade sooner and her hubby may still be alive. [/b]
Just remember that McCarthy said that a Glock 19 can fire hundreds of rounds per minute and by civilians having extended capacity magazines, there is no need for them to have those. They are only used to kill people.

Now, just listen to all of the bullshit that she has dished out, and you know what, members of congress will listen to her even though a Glock 19 cannot fire "hundreds of rounds per minute".

Doc
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152357
01/12/2011 01:42 AM
01/12/2011 01:42 AM
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
Like most of them when she talks she leaves cow patties on the ground

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152358
01/16/2011 12:22 PM
01/16/2011 12:22 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
James Rawles posted this today.

Pending Magazine Ban Legislation in the U.S.

Just as I anticipated, in the wake of the Tucson shootings, the mainstream media and the congresscritters are on the war path! Mayor Bloomberg has the propaganda machine running overdrive with this week's Bloomberg Businessweek cover story. The cover of the Jan. 17, 2011 issue of Bloomberg Businessweek is midnight black with nothing but a Glock 19 pictured and the words "The Killing Machine" in white boldly superimposed over the gun. The article summary states "America's Gun - How Glock became the weapon of choice for U.S. cops, gun enthusiasts, and mass killers/psychopaths like alleged Tucson gunman Jared Loughner."

A recent article in Politico outlines the draconian terms of congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy's recently-announced magazine ban bill. (The bill will be formally introduced on January 18th.) According to Politico, the new law would not just permanently ban the import or manufacture of 11+ round magazines, but it would also outlaw their sale or transfer--even those that are obtained before the law takes effect. This flies in the face of a heretofore fairly uniform feature of American jurisprudence: the grandfather clause. This will set the bill up for an almost certain court challenge. Leaving dealers and private citizens holding millions of un-sellable magazines in effect constitutes a "legislative taking" that is wicked and despicable. (With the exception of drug bans, grandfather clauses are considered standard practice in the U.S. for laws restricting everything from R-12 Freon to pre-building code houses, to live cheetahs to machineguns to elephant ivory.) Could you imagine a law that said that it would be illegal to pass down to your grandchildren a family heirloom piano, just because it had ivory keys? That is effectively what Rep. McCarthy has proposed, for what she calls "high capacity" magazines! (OBTW, they are more accurately called "full capacity" or "standard capacity.")

Last week, Delaware Senator Ted Kaufman said: "We should all agree there's no earthly reason to have a 30-shot magazine." Well, Senator Kaufman, I'd like you to come huckleberry picking with me, out here in grizzly bear country. Or go walk a patrol with some American infantrymen in Afghanistan or for that matter with the Guardian Angels in Dallas, Texas. Then you will indeed see an earthly reason to have a 30-shot magazine! Meanwhile, veteran gun grabber Senator Frank Lautenberg was recently quoted as saying: “The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly.” How about stopping a charging bear? Or stopping a charging meth addict? These legislators are out of touch with reality. Please contact your Senators, and insist that they kill any new "gun control" legislation before it ever makes it out of committee.

A magazine ban would limit us to neutered 10-round (reduced capacity) magazines. So what am I supposed to say to a charging brown bear or grizzly bear? "Time out! Wait, while I reload."

The ban is being drafted by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, who is absolutely clueless about firearms terminology. (She thinks that a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up"). In an interview with NPR, Rep. McCarthy said: "We're not dealing about guns here. We're dealing about a piece of equipment that goes to the gun. I think when you think about just common sense here, large capacity clips that can basically, in my opinion, be weapons of mass destruction, should not be available to the average citizen. They will be available to our military. They will be available to our police officers." Oh I see, only "trained professionals" should have access to them. We, the lowly peons should not be entrusted with coercive force.

As an aside, hearing the ignorant nabobs in congress and the mainstream media talking about banning "clips" that can hold more than 10 "bullets" makes me cringe. I find this akin to hearing George W. Bush mispronouncing the word nuclear as "nuke-you-lur", or hearing Congressman Hank Johnson pontificating on the risk of a "capsize" of the island of Guam because of overpopulation.

These politicians seem very intent on "closing loopholes" and enacting what they call "reasonable" "reforms" (read: restrictions) on our rights. What is really going on is that the legislators want to deprive the citizenry of effective modern arms, but retain them for The Powers That Be. Also beware that there are legislative threats at the state level. For example, read this: Reactionary Gun Laws Being Proposed in South Carolina After Tucson, Arizona Shooting. Be vigilant. Contact you legislators frequently, or our liberty may slip away.

Just in case a magazine ban becomes law, I recommend that you immediately stock up on your lifetime supply of full capacity magazines! Also, be prepared to legally transfer, by means of a dated document, the majority of your magazines to your children and grandchildren, before any new ban is signed into law. Do an inventory all of your 11+ round magazines, and make detailed lists in separate "Completed Transfer of Magazine Ownership" documents for each child. Have each witnessed by two adults who are not members of your family, and then have the documents notarized. Unless your children have this equivalent of a Bill of Sale, they won't be able to prove that they legally owned their magazines before the bill becomes law.

Again, please regularly contact your congressmen and senators, and express your concern about this issue.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152359
01/16/2011 01:58 PM
01/16/2011 01:58 PM
Mars
K
Kill Switch Offline
Kill Switch  Offline
K
Mars
If they ban them for civilians they need to ban them for Police as well. Why on Earth do police have a need for a firearm that can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute if not to kill people. So is this congress women supporting police killing people?

Last time I checked my state laws. My CCW exists in case I should need to use lethal force on somebody that threatens my life. A simple end to the debate would be civilians need high capacity mags for the same reason police do. For that matter we need Full Auto weapons for the same reason police do. Police are on the same streets we are. So because they have to deal with violence more often they need a WMD? Hopefully somebody with half a brain will shut this down before it goes anywhere. They will let any moron be a legislator these days.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152360
01/17/2011 07:55 AM
01/17/2011 07:55 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
by Bunnyfluffer; If they ban them for civilians they need to ban them for Police as well. Why on Earth do police have a need for a firearm that can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute if not to kill people. So is this congress women supporting police killing people?
I do appreciate your levity, wink But some gun control nut will think your saying, If they ban guns for the police then it's ok to ban guns for citizens. Even saying this gives rise to discussions of an english type system. Then only SWAT or the military will be armed... But of course, criminals too will keep their arms. mad

All this gun control talk is just the anti-gun nuts using anything they can to further the gun control agenda. Lets us gun advocates show up anywhere carrying and they go nuts...

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152361
01/17/2011 02:07 PM
01/17/2011 02:07 PM
New York
I
ironshaolin Offline
ironshaolin  Offline
I
New York
Welcome to my world, everyone. The "no more than 10 rounds" law has been in existence in NY since the first Clinton ban.
Before this all hits the fan, if you have any Pre-ban mags(manufactured before 1994) that you would like to sell, feel free to message me, I know a bunch of people trying to get their hands on more pre-bans before a ban takes effect.
The thing that worries me more, I saw somewhere they were talking about a ban on how much ammo you can legally stockpile. I better get up to that 5k goal quickly!

"Knowing is not enough, one must do. Willing is not enough, one must apply"- Bruce Lee
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152362
01/17/2011 02:54 PM
01/17/2011 02:54 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Every American needs to make it crystal clear that those people can take any and all "bans" and shove them up their arse.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152363
01/19/2011 03:22 AM
01/19/2011 03:22 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Take a minute to read this and let it soak in.

Rep. McCarthy's Magazine Ban--Worse Than First Imagined

Here is some moron more on Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy's recently-introduced magazine ban legislation. I studied the bill's wording and I learned:

* The bill defines large capacity ammunition feeding devices as “a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition” (This is nearly the same as the now defunct 1994 law, but it does not exempt tubular or otherwise non-detachable magazines.)

* For Post-Enactment Devices: Prohibits the transfer, possession, or import of a large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of enactment of the bill .

* For Pre-Enactment Devices: Prohibits the transfer or import (but not possession) of large capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured before the date of enactment of the bill. This is a huge difference from the 1994 ban, which allowed the transfer of any "pre-ban" magazines or belts, under a grandfather clause.

* As Sebastian at the Snowflakes in H*ll blog pointed out, the ban includes any magazine that holds more than 10 cartridges, even if it is a fixed tubular magazine. (The only exception is for .22 rimfire.) So this effectively bans transfers of even pre-1898 antique Henry, Model 1866, Model 1873, and Model 1892 Winchester rifles (and replicas) with long magazines! Ditto for Colt Lightning rifles and many other pump and lever-action guns. And ditto for Astra Broomhandle Mauser pistols with integral 12 or 20 round magazines. All these guns would be "frozen" from any transfer until the death of their owner, whereupon the guns would become contraband.

* It also includes fixed tubular magazines on shotguns. It is noteworthy that many shotguns with ostensibly "7 round" or "8 round" tubular magazines actually have 12+ round magazines if you use the stubby Mini 12 gauge shells. (And remember, it will be the notorious "shoelace squad" BATFE that will be enforcing the law, so any guesses on how they will define the magazine capacity of your shotgun?)

* It includes belts and links as "large capacity ammunition feeding devices". It also requires that any magazines or links produced after the ban goes into effect must have a serial number marked. (Yes, marked on each magazine, belt, and link.) For disintegrating belt links (those ubiquitous little black steel tabs) this would create a manufacturing nightmare for military contractors! Could you imagine stamping or engraving a unique serial number on each of the hundreds of millions of links that are produced each year? How would you fit that many digits on the curved surface of a 3/4-inch long 5.56mm M249 SAW link? Micro-stamping, perhaps?

* Unlike the 1994-to-2004 Federal ban, there is no 10-year "sunset" clause. This law will be permanent!

* The term "Transfer" is not adequately defined. Let's say you were to allow someone in your family or a friend shoot your rifle or pistol with an 11+ round magazine. Then that could be construed as a felony "transfer", even if you are present during the target shooting session.

* The absurdity of this bill can best be seen when you consider that it will also control the magazines, belts, and links used for registered Class 3 full-auto guns. Who would ever want to buy a $7,000+ registered machinegun if the only magazines and belts available for purchase are limited to 10 round capacity? (The guns themselves could still be transferred with a $200 Federal tax, but the magazines, and belts could only be transferred if they held 10 rounds or less. And to be legal, any belts assembled from links after the bill is enacted would be limited to 10-round length. That is absolutely ludicrous.)

* The "transfer" portion of this law opens up innumerable opportunities for inadvertent law-breaking. What about a soldier who accidentally brings home an M16 magazine in his TA-50 dufflebag? What about someone who bids on buying the entire contents of a storage space with a lapsed contract? If they bring home a box that includes just one 11+ round magazine, then they will have committed a felony with huge fines and a possible 10 year prison sentence.

* There is no exception in the law for magazines belonging to retiring servicemen or peace officers.

* There is no exception in the law for sales of replacement parts to keep magazines in repair. So if a magazine gets dented or breaks, then it becomes permanently useless.

* Most importantly: There is no exception in the law for passing down magazines, belts, or links within a family, as gifts or bequests. Once you die, then your 11+ round magazines will become contraband, and any subsequent possessor could be charged with a felony. Your heirs might as well tuck your magazines in your casket.

Please contact your congresscritters and insist that this ill-conceived bill be vigorously opposed!

James W. Rawles

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152364
01/19/2011 04:33 AM
01/19/2011 04:33 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Martin Luther King Jr. and Guns.

...Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.

William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that once, during a visit to King's parsonage, he went to sit down on an armchair in the living room and, to his surprise, almost sat on a loaded gun. Glenn Smiley, an adviser to King, described King's home as "an arsenal."

As I found researching my new book, Gunfight, in 1956, after King's house was bombed, King applied for a concealed carry permit in Alabama. The local police had discretion to determine who was a suitable person to carry firearms. King, a clergyman whose life was threatened daily, surely met the requirements of the law, but he was rejected nevertheless. At the time, the police used any wiggle room in the law to discriminate against African Americans.

Ironically, the concealed carry permit law in Alabama was promoted by the National Rifle Association thirty years earlier. Today, the gun rights hardliners fight to eliminate permits for concealed carry, as Arizona has done....
It's good to remember that gun control legislation has its roots in racism.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152365
01/19/2011 10:29 AM
01/19/2011 10:29 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
It started out innocently enough. I began to think at parties now and then - just to loosen up and be a part of the crowd.

Inevitably, though, one thought led to another and soon I was more than just a social thinker.

I began to think alone -- "to relax," I told myself -- but I knew it wasn't true. Thinking became more and more important to me, and finally I was thinking all the time.

That was when things began to sour at home. One evening I turned off the TV and asked my wife about the meaning of life. She spent that night at her mother's.

I began to think on the job. I knew that thinking and employment don't mix, but I couldn't help myself.

I began to avoid friends at lunchtime so I could read Thoreau, Muir, Confucius, Camus and Kafka. I would return to the office dizzied and confused, asking, "What is it exactly that we are doing here?"

One day the boss called me in. He said, "Listen, I like you, and it hurts me to say this, but your thinking has become a real problem. If you don't stop thinking on the job, you'll have to find another job."

This gave me a lot to think about. I came home early after my conversation with the boss. "Honey," I confessed, "I've been thinking..."

"I know you've been thinking," she said, "and I want a divorce!" "But Honey, surely it's not that serious." "It is serious," she said, her lower lip aquiver.

"You think as much as college professors and college professors don't make any money, so if you keep on thinking, we won't have any money!"

"That's a fallacious syllogism," I said impatiently.

She exploded in tears of rage and frustration, but I was in no mood to deal with the emotional drama.

"I'm going to the library," I snarled as I stomped out the door.

I headed for the library, in the mood for some John Locke. I roared into the parking lot with NPR on the radio and ran up to the big glass doors.

They didn't open. The library was closed.

To this day, I believe that a Higher Power was looking out for me that night..

Leaning on the unfeeling glass and whimpering for Emerson, a poster caught my eye, "Friend, is heavy thinking ruining your life?" it asked.
Stop before it’s to late for you.

You probably recognize that line. It comes from the standard Thinkers Anonymous poster.

This is why I am what I am today: a recovering thinker.

I never miss a TA meeting. At each meeting we watch a non-educational video; last week it was "Porky's." Then we share experiences about how we avoided thinking since the last meeting.

I still have my job, and things are a lot better at home. Life just seemed easier, somehow, as soon as I stopped thinking. I think the road to recovery is nearly complete for me.

Today I took the final step... I joined the Democratic Party

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152366
01/19/2011 10:34 AM
01/19/2011 10:34 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
Martin Luther King Jr. and Guns.

quote:
...Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.

William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that once, during a visit to King's parsonage, he went to sit down on an armchair in the living room and, to his surprise, almost sat on a loaded gun. Glenn Smiley, an adviser to King, described King's home as "an arsenal."

As I found researching my new book, Gunfight, in 1956, after King's house was bombed, King applied for a concealed carry permit in Alabama. The local police had discretion to determine who was a suitable person to carry firearms. King, a clergyman whose life was threatened daily, surely met the requirements of the law, but he was rejected nevertheless. At the time, the police used any wiggle room in the law to discriminate against African Americans.

Ironically, the concealed carry permit law in Alabama was promoted by the National Rifle Association thirty years earlier. Today, the gun rights hardliners fight to eliminate permits for concealed carry, as Arizona has done....
It's good to remember that gun control legislation has its roots in racism.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Yet, Liberals try to make King seem like a peaceful "Gandhi", and sadly, they try to teach this in schools.

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152367
01/19/2011 01:20 PM
01/19/2011 01:20 PM
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152368
01/19/2011 04:27 PM
01/19/2011 04:27 PM
wilds of va
G
gus7 Offline
gus7  Offline
G
wilds of va
you all have done very good of the understanding what gun control ''laws are but its a collective guilt on the people for wrongs NOT done also the threat of an upraising .....it works out to CONTROL without rights !

to be free!
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152369
01/24/2011 09:33 AM
01/24/2011 09:33 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Just a fact: a detaching magazine is one of the easiest mechanical parts of a firearm to manufacture. Pressed metal, bent spring wire and a few seconds of welding to a template and you have a magazine. Now if it will work or not depends on materials, the accuracy of the template and the accuracy of your workmanship.

I'd be a bit more worried about the ammunition....

Be your own leader

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152370
01/24/2011 09:49 AM
01/24/2011 09:49 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline OP
McMedic  Offline OP
43/18
Originally posted by J. Croft:

I'd be a bit more worried about the ammunition....
Don't think for a second they aren't, and not planning accordingly.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152371
01/24/2011 10:47 AM
01/24/2011 10:47 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
If gun ownership becomes illegal, more guns will look like this

There's a simple cure for this problem. If those people institute any kind of ban...IGNORE it. And, while you're at it...start converting every weapon you can find over to select fire. Build suppressors for everything.

And, dare the bastards to do something about it.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152372
01/25/2011 03:02 PM
01/25/2011 03:02 PM
South-central Kansas
C
Correus Offline
Correus  Offline
C
South-central Kansas
What amazes me is that people really do think a gun ban would work in alleviating crime and such.

There is a ban on under-age drinking yet the under-age drinkers are still out there.

Certain controlled substances are illegal, such as cocaine and meth, yet the users are still out there.

If the criminal wants the gun they will get it.

Why can't they see this?

The only reason I can see for Gun control is to control us and turn us into subjects.

If that is to be the case, than I would rather be counted among the rebels when our Government starts to say "Lay down your arms, you damned rebels, and disperse,".

Larry

A Co 191st Bn 34th FF
Kansas Long Rifles

Hooah!!

�An armed society is a polite society� ~ Robert A. Heinlein

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine
Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152373
01/27/2011 10:22 AM
01/27/2011 10:22 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
The issue of guns and gun control was notably absent from the State of the Union address. But according to Newsweek, new legislation is in the works :

...in the next two weeks, the White House will unveil a new gun-control effort in which it will urge Congress to strengthen current laws, which now allow some mentally unstable people, such as alleged Arizona shooter Jared Loughner, to obtain certain assault weapons, in some cases without even a background check.

Tuesday night after the speech, Obama adviser David Plouffe said to NBC News that the president would not let the moment after the Arizona shootings pass without pushing for some change in the law, to prevent another similar incident. “It’s a very important issue, and one I know there’s going to be debate about on the Hill.”

The White House said that to avoid being accused of capitalizing on the Arizona shootings for political gain, Obama will address the gun issue in a separate speech, likely early next month. He’s also expected to use Arizona as a starting point, but make the case that America’s gun laws have been too loose for much longer than just the past few weeks....
Brian Doherty already explained why this legislation would not have stopped Jared Loughner. You can read his article here .

Onwad and upward,
airforce

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152374
01/28/2011 09:43 AM
01/28/2011 09:43 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Perhaps they figure Americans are ready to be shown how their 'public servants' really think of them. Perhaps they tire of the dance around the constitution they've had to do to not push enough Americans over the edge. Perhaps they figure they cannot get anymore out of us without combat. Perhaps we are to be provoked.

That's one line of thinking. Another would be that perhaps a few puppetmasters are just done toying with us and are now going to smash all their toys-us-and get their global plantation, and that their useful idiots are going to push America into civil war, while China exploits the situation to go imperial.

Whatever the case, we know reasoning with these people is like busting your head up against a brick wall. Prepare.

Be your own leader

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152375
01/28/2011 10:49 AM
01/28/2011 10:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Mike over at Sipsey Street makes a good point.

"Over" or "On"? A question for politicians of the citizen disarmament persuasion.

As the next firearm, magazine and ammunition stockpiling frenzy begins, heralded by the announced drive for another AWB, here's a question:

Are people spending their hard-earned money in the middle of a semi-depression on extended magazines and semi-auto weapons of military utility just to turn them OVER to politicians after they ban them, or to turn them ON said politicians after they ban them?

William Jennings Bryan, my Lebanese-born, fully-Americanized Econ 101 professor at Franklin University in Columbus, Ohio, taught me that except in decisions involving love or sex that all economic transactions are rational.

Puzzle the rationality of that question --- turn them over, or turn them on?

The Clintonistas were frightened by the millions of rifles that were purchased in anticipation of the first AWB. The Obamanoids should be too.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152376
01/28/2011 10:52 AM
01/28/2011 10:52 AM
South-central Kansas
C
Correus Offline
Correus  Offline
C
South-central Kansas
Here-here!! Here-here!!!

Larry

A Co 191st Bn 34th FF
Kansas Long Rifles

Hooah!!

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152377
01/28/2011 12:13 PM
01/28/2011 12:13 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Noose to tighten on imported shotguns...

http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire...n-shotguns.pdf

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152378
01/29/2011 02:45 PM
01/29/2011 02:45 PM
South-central Kansas
C
Correus Offline
Correus  Offline
C
South-central Kansas

Larry

A Co 191st Bn 34th FF
Kansas Long Rifles

Hooah!!

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152379
01/30/2011 03:20 AM
01/30/2011 03:20 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Originally posted by Correus:
[quote] ]http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire...n-shotguns.pdf[/quote]

Link wouldn't work for me.

It worked when I posted it. Tried it this morning and no luck.

Re: New Gun Control Legislation #152380
01/30/2011 02:02 PM
01/30/2011 02:02 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline OP
McMedic  Offline OP
43/18

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.