AWRM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153345
09/07/2011 02:16 PM
09/07/2011 02:16 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...etic-jobs-bad-debts-and-a-crappy-economy

Sorry to break this to you, but the future for most Americans is going to be pretty crappy. Unless you are independently wealthy, the chances are good that you will have a low paying job, that you will be drowning in a sea of bad debts and that you will have to go on government assistance at some point. Most American families are completely dependent on their jobs for income, and right now good jobs are disappearing at a frightening pace. Over the last couple of decades, millions of high paying manufacturing jobs have been shipped out of the country and they are being replaced by low paying service jobs. Small business creation is being absolutely crushed by the federal government, and millions of illegal immigrants have been allowed in to the country and they are now competing for the limited number of jobs that are still available. The vast majority of the money and the vast majority of the power in this country are now in the hands of either the big corporations or the government. Together, the big corporations and the government are absolutely crushing everyone else. If you are not part of the "privileged class", there is a good chance that your job is serving them. Perhaps you are bringing them lunch or cutting their hair or stocking shelves for them. Once upon a time, America was "the land of opportunity", but now that has all changed. Tomorrow morning, millions of Americans will get up and go to pathetic, low paying jobs and millions of others will wonder why they can't find anyone to hire them. Sadly, if nothing is done to reverse the long-term trends that are destroying our economy, the number of "working poor" is going to continue to increase.

Our founding fathers never intended for this to happen. Our founding fathers intended to set up a capitalist system in which the power of the central government and the power of corporations was greatly limited. The idea was that individuals and small businesses should be given the chance to grow and thrive in a free market system.

But that is not what we have today. Instead of capitalism, what we have today is much more aptly described as "corporatism". There are very few areas of the economy where the corporations and the government do not totally dominate.

For a while things worked fairly well because the big corporations were providing millions and millions of good jobs for American workers. But now the big corporations have figured out that they don't really need expensive American workers and they are shipping millions of our jobs out of the country.

But the mainstream media keeps insisting that everything is going to be okay if we all just have a positive attitude.

I had to laugh when I read the following line in an article posted on USA Today recently....

Chances are your negative state of mind has a lot to do with the double-dip crowd's Weather Channel-like warnings of another catastrophic economic storm bearing down on the USA.

Look, chanting positive affirmations over and over is not going to zap good jobs into existence out of thin air.

Right now there is intense competition for any good jobs that happen to become available. For example, last month approximately 17,000 people applied for 600 jobs that came open at Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant. So those that applied were facing 27 to 1 odds.

The sad thing is that those jobs only paid 15 dollars an hour. Back in the old days, a job at a Ford plant could easily support an entire family. One of my grandfathers worked at a Ford plant for years. Now, such a job will barely get you out of poverty.

But those Ford jobs are far better alternatives than working at Wal-Mart or flipping burgers down at the local Dairy Queen.

When I was growing up, they told us in school that we were becoming a "service economy". At the time I had only a vague idea what that meant.

Now I know that it means lots of crappy, low paying jobs for everyone.

The following chart shows the growth of service jobs since 1940. As you can see, we now have almost 6 times as many service jobs in our economy as we did back in 1940....

Now let us take a look at a chart that shows the growth of manufacturing jobs. As you can see, we now have less people employed in manufacturing than we did 60 years ago even though our population has absolutely exploded since then. The decline in manufacturing jobs has become especially pronounced over the past decade....

In general, true wealth is created when something comes out of the ground or when something is made.

So if we are importing far more natural resources than we are exporting and if we are not making much of anything in this country anymore, what does that mean for the future of America?

Every single month, we send far, far more money to the rest of the world than they send to us.

That means that we are getting poorer.

Meanwhile, we are also getting into much more debt as a nation every single month.

That is also a huge drain on our national wealth.

The size of the "American pie" is continually getting smaller, and the people that are suffering the most from it are those on the bottom of the food chain.

Right now, unemployment in the United States is at epidemic levels and the number of "working poor" is absolutely exploding. Last year, 19.7% of all U.S. working adults had jobs that would not have been enough to push a family of four over the poverty line even if they had worked full-time hours for the entire year.

How would you feel if you worked as hard as you could all year and your family was still living in poverty?

Sadly, unless something dramatic is done, the number of working poor is going to continue to increase.

Back in 1980, less than 30% of all jobs in the United States were low income jobs. Today, more than 40% of all jobs in the United States are low income jobs.

Perhaps you are reading this and you have a low income job.

Do you want to know where your good job went?

It was likely shipped out of the country. The corporations have figured out that they can make much larger piles of money if they make stuff on the other side of the globe where they can legally pay slave labor wages to the workers. The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000, and over 42,000 manufacturing facilities in the United States have been closed down since 2001.

But that is only part of the story. The Obama administration recently announced that it will not be deporting most illegal aliens any longer. Only convicted criminals and "security risks" will be targeted from now on.

So now blue collar American workers will have even more competition for the few remaining jobs.

Once upon a time in this country, you could support an entire family very well with the income from one construction job.

Today, that is no longer true. Competition from illegal aliens has massively driven down construction wages in many areas of the country.

But you know what? Large numbers of blue collar workers will run out and vote for Obama once again in 2012.

He may be shipping our jobs out of the country, but he sure does deliver a good speech. The following is from a speech that Obama gave at a union rally in Detroit on Monday....

"That’s why we chose Detroit as one of the cities that we’re helping revitalize in our “Strong Cities, Strong Communities” initiative. We’re teaming up with everybody -- mayors, local officials, you name it -- boosting economic development, rebuilding your communities the best way, which is a way that involves you. Because despite all that’s changed here, and all the work that lies ahead, this is still a city where men clocked into factories. This is the city that built the greatest middle class the world has ever known. This is the city where women rolled up their sleeves and helped build an arsenal for democracy to free the world. This is a city where the great American industry has come back to life and the industries of tomorrow are taking root. This is a city where people, brave and bold, courageous and clever, are dreaming up ways to prove the skeptics wrong and write the next proud chapter in our history."

Doesn't that sound nice?

I know that I was a little bit inspired when I read that.

But where are the jobs?

I have written extensively about the lack of jobs in this country. It is not a great mystery what is happening to them, and it is not a great mystery about what is needed to start getting them back.

But sadly, very few of our major politicians are even addressing the real issues.

On Thursday, Barack Obama is going to unveil his latest "jobs plan". It will almost certainly be some rehashed nonsense that involves even more government spending.

Look, if you gathered together all of the unemployed people in the United States, they would constitute the 68th largest country in the world.

We have a national crisis on our hands. We need very real solutions to our very real problems.

According to John Williams of shadowstats.com, when you factor in all of the short-term discouraged workers, all of the long-term discouraged workers and all of those working part-time because they cannot find full-time employment, the real unemployment rate is now approximately 23 percent.

Things appear even more frightening when you look at the number of Americans that actually do have jobs. Right now, only 47 percent of the U.S. workforce is "fully employed" at this point.

Things wouldn't be so bad if millions of unemployed people could run out and start their own businesses. But in America today, it is incredibly difficult to start a small business. The federal government, our state governments and our local governments have piled mountains of ridiculous regulations on to our businesses.

Big corporations that have teams of attorneys on staff can handle all of the regulations.

Most individuals and small businesses can't.

But even if you are able to successfully navigate all of the red tape, you will still likely find yourself struggling to survive as you compete against the big corporate machines.

The big corporations have spent decades stacking things in their favor, and competing against them is not easy.

Millions of Americans are sitting at home today wondering why their businesses failed or why their careers went up in smoke. Meanwhile, their bank accounts continue to go down and their bad debts continue to pile up.

As bad as things have been, you would think that the big banks would show just a little bit of compassion on all of us.

But sadly, that is just not the case. In fact, they are becoming more insensitive than ever.

It turns out that the big financial institutions will come after your relatives even after you are dead. An article on CNN recently described the letter that Denise Towley received just two weeks after her mother passed away....

"We have recently learned that [your mother], a valued Discover Card customer, has passed away. Please accept our sincere apologies," stated the letter from Discover, which Townley sent to CNNMoney.

It then offered her or another family member the "opportunity" to assume the balance on her mother's credit card and offered a special introductory APR of 0% for the first six months (the APR would increase to 13.24% after that). If Townley wasn't interested in taking over the account, then the bank wished to discuss how the estate planned to pay off her mother's credit card balance.

But that example is nothing compared to the next one that you are about to read.

Bank of America recently called one grieving widow up to 48 times a day to remind her that her husband's debts needed to be paid. The following is an excerpt from a recent article in the Daily Mail....

The bank told the widow that it was unable to stop the calls until the debt was paid as they were computer generated.

Mrs Crabtree claimed that the calls began the day after her husband died of cancer.

She told the bank that she only had $5,000 cash to hand, which was needed for food and to bury her husband, but debt collectors told her that she must use it to pay them.

Mrs Crabtree said she and her family spent her husband's wake repeatedly hanging up the phone on calls from the bank.

Can you believe that?

These are yet more examples of why I encourage everyone to get out of debt as fast as they can. The banks are not nice and they are not going to show you any mercy.

But isn't the government doing something about the banks? After all, the federal agency that watches over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac has filed lawsuits against 17 major financial institutions, right?

Well, yes, some of those financial institutions are going to get slap on the wrist.

But nobody is going to go to jail.

Rather, this is all about the federal government getting a cut of the action.

That is how this kind of thing works. Everyone gets a cut.

The federal government is not going to give the homes back to the victims of mortgage fraud.

The federal government is not going to take the money and give it to the people that lost everything.

No, any money from the future settlement will go right into the pockets of the government.

This is not going to fix anything for the large numbers of Americans that were defrauded.

Tonight, there are countless numbers of families all across America that are one step from living on the street. According to the Daily Mail, "millions of Americans" are now living in budget motels because they are out of other options....

They are known as the last resort. Millions of Americans are staying in budget long-stay motels as the country's economic problems get worse.

The grisly rooms are seen as the lowest of the U.S. housing ladder, only just above a cardboard box.

In tiny rooms with paper-thin walls and nylon sheets, vulnerable Americans are making their homes for a few hundred bucks a month.

I write a lot about how the middle class is being destroyed in this country, but it cannot be stressed enough.

We are literally watching the slow destruction of the greatest middle class that ever existed.

The poverty that we are now witnessing in some areas of the nation is absolutely jaw-dropping. For example, approximately one-third of the entire population of Alabama is now on food stamps.

Faith in the government is rapidly diminishing. A recent Washington Post poll found that only 26 percent of Americans believe that the federal government can solve the economic problems that we are now facing.

Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans seem to have any real answers these days.

A lot of Americans have given up hope and have become deeply pessimistic. According to one recent poll, 39 percent of Americans believe that the U.S. economy has now entered a "permanent decline".

Sadly, they are right. The U.S. economy has entered a permanent decline.

If our politicians were trying to do the right things, we might have half a chance.

But with the way things are going, the vast majority of Americans are going to be facing a very bleak future.

Ignoring the truth is not going to change it. The U.S. economy is slowly dying and nothing is being done to fix it.

The frightening thing is that this is about as good as things are going to get. From here on out, the economy is generally going to get progressively worse.

An economic storm is coming.

You better get ready.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153346
09/07/2011 03:00 PM
09/07/2011 03:00 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Nothing lasts forever, but it's definitely going to get worse before it gets better. A lot worse, probably. There are some things we can do about it to help ourselves , including putting away food and other supplies , but our economy is already in a slow collapse. Even if Ron or Rand Paul became President today, there would still be rough times ahead.

Pensions will become worthless. So will paper currencies, not just the dollar. Savings will be wiped out. To quote Ludwig von Mises in Human Action :

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.
Read that last sentence again:

Originally posted by ConSigCor:
You better get ready.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153347
09/07/2011 03:02 PM
09/07/2011 03:02 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Already there. Broke my leg. 3 hours in emergency room, 8 hours worth of surgery, 3 nights in the hospital,no insurance, and owe more now than a really nice house would go for here.

I should have had insurance but I'm healthy and cant afford it while pursuing my dream. Do what ya love and the money will come later. Well when it comes its gone.

I'm gonna take every dime I can get from the bastards and probably end up filing bankruptcy.

At the same time I'm lucky I was able to have surgery...

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153348
09/08/2011 04:48 AM
09/08/2011 04:48 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
http://www.awrm.org/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=44;t=000398

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153349
09/08/2011 09:54 AM
09/08/2011 09:54 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
I read a piece last month that was a jewel.
The guy was talking to a gal with your luck.
His advice was this. Before they can get this on your Credit report do the following.
1. If you own a car and owe money on it get one of those new credit cards and use it to pay off the car then sell it to an inlaw you can trust and pay them the money for the insurance. If paid for skip part about the credit card.
2. Go down to the utility department and apply for aid for the next 10 months.
3. Get another credit card and use it to pay your insurance policies on the house, kids, and life up for 2 years.
4. Put anything you can think they may try to take and put them into your wives name.
WHy!
Credit cards are non-secured credit and the items purchased can't be taken.

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153350
09/08/2011 11:03 AM
09/08/2011 11:03 AM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Originally posted by safetalker:
Actually, this now applies to most mortgages and HELOCs. Why you ask?

Because of the rampant, institutionalized fraud which revolves around re-packaging mortgages into investments, while concurrently destroying all the evidence as to the actual promissory note and title to said mortgage backed investments.

Babylon the Bankster Beast is going down, and lashing back in a most violent manner all the way towards the bottom of the abyss from whence it came.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153351
09/08/2011 11:29 AM
09/08/2011 11:29 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Real estate prices are still falling, and bad loans are still held at non-market prices as assets by zombie banks on life support.

The government owns 1/3 of foreclosed properties.

The two biggest government-backed real estate lenders are effectively bankrupt.

The second dip of the recession is imminent, and

mortgage rates are hitting new lows .

This is not going to end well.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153352
09/08/2011 01:50 PM
09/08/2011 01:50 PM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
The future for most Americans... a cardboard box and dining in trash bins.

When the trash runs out they'll dine on rats, then worms, then bark.

Before all the above run out they'll dine on each other but the more moral ones will make an effort not to go cannibal.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153353
09/08/2011 03:30 PM
09/08/2011 03:30 PM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Originally posted by Sisu:
Already there. Broke my leg. 3 hours in emergency room, 8 hours worth of surgery, 3 nights in the hospital,no insurance, and owe more now than a really nice house would go for here.

I should have had insurance but I'm healthy and cant afford it while pursuing my dream. Do what ya love and the money will come later. Well when it comes its gone.

I'm gonna take every dime I can get from the bastards and probably end up filing bankruptcy.

SISU, I hate to hear of your bad luck. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

You'll be in our prayers.

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153354
09/13/2011 12:14 PM
09/13/2011 12:14 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Mom always comes with me and enough money for me to keep being taken care of by an awesome surgion a young doctor... she also is a facebook friend and i got bitched at by her and doc about my plans of downhill skiing by christmas. So no base diving helichopters, or fun in general this year.

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153355
09/13/2011 12:31 PM
09/13/2011 12:31 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Originally posted by McMedic:
Originally posted by Sisu:
[b] Already there. Broke my leg. 3 hours in emergency room, 8 hours worth of surgery, 3 nights in the hospital,no insurance, and owe more now than a really nice house would go for here.

SISU, I hate to hear of your bad luck. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

You'll be in our prayers. [/b]

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153356
09/13/2011 12:40 PM
09/13/2011 12:40 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
I spose its bad luck. Im still the baddest MF you could ever IMAGINE. at the same time... im still a bad aSS AND BROKE

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153357
09/13/2011 03:15 PM
09/13/2011 03:15 PM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153358
09/14/2011 01:30 AM
09/14/2011 01:30 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
J. Croft
Member # 3405

Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 08:50 PM Profile for J. Croft Author's Homepage Email J. Croft Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote The future for most Americans... a cardboard box and dining in trash bins.

Before all the above run out they'll dine on each other but the more moral ones will make an effort not to go cannibal.

All people have to do is study up on the battle of Stalingrad. Wasn't pretty, but goes basically in the order you put it in. Once again, it might be a lofty idea, but I just cant eat someone. Wont do it.

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153359
09/14/2011 04:32 AM
09/14/2011 04:32 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Poverty In America: A Special Report

The Economic Collapse
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

America is getting poorer. The U.S. government has just released a bunch of new statistics about poverty in America, and once again this year the news is not good. According to a special report from the U.S. Census Bureau, 46.2 million Americans are now living in poverty.
Poverty In America: A Special Report US poverty

The number of those living in poverty in America has grown by 2.6 million in just the last 12 months, and that is the largest increase that we have ever seen since the U.S. government began calculating poverty figures back in 1959. Not only that, median household income has also fallen once again. In case you are keeping track, that makes three years in a row. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, median household income in the United States dropped 2.3% in 2010 after accounting for inflation. Overall, median household income in the United States has declined by a total of 6.8% once you account for inflation since December 2007. So should we be excited that our incomes are going down and that a record number of Americans slipped into poverty last year? Should we be thrilled that the economic pie is shrinking and that our debt levels are exploding? All of those that claimed that the U.S. economy was recovering and that everything was going to be just fine have some explaining to do.

Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty. The last time the poverty level was this high was back in 1993.

However, it is important to keep in mind that the government definition of poverty rises based on the rate of inflation. If inflation was still calculated the way that it was 30 or 40 years ago, the poverty line would be much, much higher and millions more Americans would be considered to be living in poverty.

So why is poverty in America exploding? Who is getting hurt the most? How is America being changed by this? What is the future going to look like if we remain on the current path?

Let’s take a closer look at poverty in America….

The Shrinking Number Of Jobs

Unemployment is rampant and the number of good jobs continues to shrink. Once upon a time in America, if you really wanted a job you could go out and get one. Today, competition for even the lowest paying jobs has become absolutely brutal. There simply are not enough chairs at the “economic table”, and not being able to get a good job is pushing large numbers of Americans into poverty…..

*There are fewer payroll jobs in the United States today than there were back in 2000 even though we have added 30 million people to the population since then.

*Back in 1969, 95 percent of all men between the ages of 25 and 54 had a job. In July, only 81.2 percent of men in that age group had a job.

*If you gathered together all of the unemployed people in the United States, they would constitute the 68th largest country in the world.

*According to John Williams of shadowstats.com, if you factored in all of the short-term discouraged workers, all of the long-term discouraged workers and all of those working part-time because they cannot find full-time employment, the real unemployment rate right now would be approximately 23 percent.

*If you have been unemployed for at least one year, there is a 91 percent chance that you will not find a new job within the next month.

The Working Poor

The number of low income jobs is rising while the number of high income jobs is falling. This has created a situation where the number of “the working poor” in America is absolutely skyrocketing. Millions of Americans are working as hard as they can and yet they still cannot afford to lead a middle class lifestyle.

*Since the year 2000, we have lost approximately 10% of our middle class jobs. In the year 2000 there were about 72 million middle class jobs in the United States but today there are only about 65 million middle class jobs.

*Back in 1980, less than 30% of all jobs in the United States were low income jobs. Today, more than 40% of all jobs in the United States are low income jobs.

*Between 1969 and 2009, the median wages earned by American men between the ages of 30 and 50 dropped by 27 percent after you account for inflation.

*According to a report released in February from the National Employment Law Project, higher wage industries are accounting for 40 percent of the job losses in America but only 14 percent of the job growth. Lower wage industries are accounting for just 23 percent of the job losses but 49 percent of the job growth.

*Half of all American workers now earn $505 or less per week.

*Last year, 19.7% of all U.S. working adults had jobs that would not have been enough to push a family of four over the poverty line even if they had worked full-time hours for the entire year.

*The number of Americans that are going to food pantries and soup kitchens has increased by 46% since 2006.

Unprecedented Dependence On The Government

Because they cannot get good jobs that will enable them to support themselves and their families, millions of Americans that used to be hard working contributors to society are now dependent on government handouts. Nearly every single measure of government dependence is at a record high, and there are no signs that things are going to turn around any time soon.

*One out of every six Americans is now enrolled in at least one government anti-poverty program.

*Nearly 10 million Americans now receive unemployment benefits. That number is almost four times larger than it was back in 2007.

*More than 45 million Americans are now on food stamps. The number of Americans on food stamps has increased 74% since 2007.

*Approximately one-third of the entire population of Alabama is now on food stamps.

*More than 50 million Americans are now on Medicaid.

*Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, approximately one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.

*In 1980, just 11.7% of all personal income came from government transfer payments. Today, 18.4% of all personal income comes from government transfer payments.

The Suffocating Cost Of Health Care

Millions of American families are being financially crippled by health care costs. The U.S. health care system is deeply, deeply broken and Obamacare is going to make things even worse. Health care is one of the top reasons why American families get pushed into poverty. Most of us are just one major illness or disease from becoming financially wrecked. Just ask anyone that has gone through it. The health insurance companies do not care about you and they will try to wiggle out of their obligations at the time when you need them the most. If you talk to people that have been through bankruptcy, most of them will tell you that medical bills were at least partially responsible.

*In America today, there are 49.9 million Americans that do not have any health insurance. One single medical bill could easily wipe out the finances of most of those people.

*Only 56 percent of Americans are currently covered by employer-provided health insurance.

*According to a report published in The American Journal of Medicine, medical bills are a major factor in more than 60 percent of the personal bankruptcies in the United States. Of those bankruptcies that were caused by medical bills, approximately 75 percent of them involved individuals that actually did have health insurance.

*According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, health care costs accounted for just 9.5% of all personal consumption back in 1980. Today they account for approximately 16.3%.

More Children Living In Poverty

The United States has a child poverty rate that is more than twice as high as many European nations. We like to think that we have “the greatest economy on earth”, but the reality is that we have one of the highest child poverty rates and it increased once again last year.

*The poverty rate for children living in the United States increased to 22% in 2010. That means that tonight more than one out of every five U.S. children is living in poverty.

*The poverty rate for U.S. adults is only 13.7%.

*Households that are led by a single mother have a 31.6% poverty rate.

*Today, one out of every four American children is on food stamps.

*It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.

*There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.

*More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.

*It is estimated that up to half a million children may currently be homeless in the United States.

The Plight Of The Elderly

The elderly are also falling into poverty in staggering numbers. They may not be out protesting in the streets, but that does not mean that they are not deeply, deeply suffering.

*One out of every six elderly Americans now lives below the federal poverty line.

*Between 1991 and 2007 the number of Americans between the ages of 65 and 74 that filed for bankruptcy rose by a staggering 178 percent.

*The Baby Boomers have only just begun to retire, and already our social programs for seniors are starting to fall apart. In 1950, each retiree’s Social Security benefit was paid for by 16 U.S. workers. According to new data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are now only 1.75 full-time private sector workers for each person that is receiving Social Security benefits in the United States.

Squeezed By Inflation

Rising inflation is squeezing the budgets of average American families like never before. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke claims that inflation is still low, but either he is delusional or he has not been to a supermarket lately.

Personally, I do a lot of grocery shopping at a number of different stores, and without a doubt prices are absolutely soaring. Many of the new “sale prices” are exactly what the old “regular prices” were just a few weeks ago.

Some companies have tried to hide these price increases by shrinking package sizes. But there is no hiding the pain on the old wallet once you fill up your cart with what you need to feed your family.

*Over the past year, the global price of food has risen by 37 percent and this has pushed approximately 44 million more people around the world into poverty.

*U.S. consumers will spend approximately $491 billion on gas this year. That is going to be a brand new all-time record.

*Right now, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States is $3.649. That is 94 cents higher than 12 months earlier and it is a brand new record for this time of the year.

A Smaller Share Of The Pie

The size of the “economic pie” in America is shrinking, and the share of the pie for those that are poor is shrinking a lot faster than the share of the pie for those that are wealthy.

*According to the Washington Post, the average yearly income of the bottom 90 percent of all U.S. income earners is now just $31,244.

*When you look at the ratio of employee compensation to GDP, it is now the lowest that is has been in about 50 years.

*At this point, the poorest 50% of all Americans now control just 2.5% of all of the wealth in this country.

*Big corporations are even recognizing the change that is happening to America. Just consider the following example from a recent article in the Huffington Post….

Manufacturers like Procter & Gamble, the household-goods giant responsible for everything from Charmin and Old Spice to Tide, are concentrating their efforts on luxury and bargain items, putting less emphasis on products aimed at the middle class, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Conclusion

America is fundamentally changing. We were a nation that had the largest middle class in the history of the globe, but now we are becoming a nation that is deeply divided between the haves and the have nots.

Perhaps you are still doing fine. But don’t think that economic disaster cannot strike you. Every single day, thousands more Americans will lose their jobs or will discover a major health problem. Every single day, thousands more Americans will lose their homes or will be forced to take a pay cut.

If you still have a warm, comfortable home to sleep in, you should be thankful. Poverty is a very sneaky enemy and it can strike at any time. If you are not careful, you might be the next American to end up sleeping in your car or living in a tent city.

It is easy to disregard a couple of statistics, but can you really ignore the vast amount of evidence presented above?

It is undeniable that America is getting poorer. Poverty is spreading and hopelessness and despair are rising. There is a reason why the economy is the number one political issue right now. Millions upon millions of Americans are in deep pain and they want some solutions.

Unfortunately, it appears quite unlikely that either major political party is going to offer any real solutions any time soon. So things are going to keep getting worse and worse and worse.

Should we just keep doing the same things that we have been doing over and over and over and yet keep expecting different results?

What we are doing right now is not working. We are in the midst of a long-term economic decline. Both major political parties have been fundamentally wrong about the economy. It is time to admit that.

If we continue on this path, poverty in America is going to continue to get a lot worse. Millions of families will be torn apart and millions of lives will be destroyed.

America please wake up.

Time is running out.

Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153360
09/14/2011 11:51 AM
09/14/2011 11:51 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I have some friends from around the world who come here and say that America in a recession is still not as low as the status quo in a lot of countries.

We don't have much garbage on the sides of the road, very little (if any) door to door panhandling or streetwalker alley corner prostitution, kids rarely if ever beg in public.

While you may face some underhanded government scrutiny in business if your rivals don't like you showing up, it is not quite at the level where you come to your place of business one day finding the place smashed and torched because you did not pay for "protection".

Yes, certain aspects of the American lifestyle are declining, but also look at where people put their money. Young people now may not be as likely to have cars, but then when I was 17, I had a $62 per month car payment, no cell phone, was happy wearing $12 shoes, and worked two jobs to pay for A: my own food, B: my car, and C: my guns and ammo (most of which I had to buy at flea markets with no paperwork then hide from my mother).

Back in the 1970s, when Americans thought of ourselves as "rich" and there was a lot of talk about the highest standard of living in the world, two of the most popular TV shows on the three major networks were The Waltons (about a family during the Great Depression that lived in a mountain compound and ran a subsistence farm/lumber/sawmill operation, and Little House on the Prarie, about a pioneer farm family, with most of the story surrounding the lives of two imaginative sisters, one eventually blinded by sickness that went ill treated due to the family poverty, the other who eventually became a famous writer.

The families were not exactly "torn apart" by poverty, but drawn together. Now look at the other popular series of that time, Falcon Crest, Dynasty and Dallas, and the public was shown how wealth and status were not particularly beneficial when families had less than stellar character.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153361
09/14/2011 12:57 PM
09/14/2011 12:57 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Originally posted by Imagrunt:
Originally posted by safetalker:
[b] ...
Actually, this now applies to most mortgages and HELOCs. Why you ask?

Because of the rampant, institutionalized fraud which revolves around re-packaging mortgages into investments, while concurrently destroying all the evidence as to the actual promissory note and title to said mortgage backed investments.

Babylon the Bankster Beast is going down, and lashing back in a most violent manner all the way towards the bottom of the abyss from whence it came. [/b]
EVERYONE in the political and banking spectrums had a hand in that.

Used houses go up in price and "value" when in reality they are a constructed thing which declines in condition as the years wear on. You look at what people were throwing money at and it was 80% the intangibles, 20% the mitigated cost of construction.

Nobody put a gun to anyone's head and told them to invest in those grouped mortgages. It was a game and everyone knew it. So what someone got a bad run at the poker table. They did not walk away did they? Did they decide to invest locally in solid brick and mortar manufacturing? How about any natural resource collection? Lazy "investors" who wanted to get paper shuffled for them for profit get to whine, yeah, go whine. Meanwhile the Chinese who have been making actual infrastructure investment are now getting to see the big payoff.

Those intangibles, insurance, compounded prior interest that a prior owner wants paid for in the selling price, permits, fees, profit margins, that's what people were paying for when they "bought" a house, but what people really wanted to "buy" was financial security and often freedom from landlords.

Once this big shakedown settles out, people who actually work for a living and or are self-productive will be able to buy/build affordable housing at affordable prices, but that means lots of $50,000 homes, not $50,000 homes with $250,000 price tags and 30 year payment plans.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: The Future For Most Americans: Pathetic Jobs, Bad Debts And A Crappy Economy #153362
12/09/2011 08:23 AM
12/09/2011 08:23 AM
Central Wisconsin
S
Sisu Offline
NCO Contributor
Sisu  Offline
NCO Contributor
S
Central Wisconsin
Originally posted by Leonidas:
J. Croft
Member # 3405

Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 08:50 PM Profile for J. Croft Author's Homepage Email J. Croft Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote The future for most Americans... a cardboard box and dining in trash bins.

All people have to do is study up on the battle of Stalingrad. Wasn't pretty, but goes basically in the order you put it in. Once again, it might be a lofty idea, but I just cant eat someone. Wont do it.

Leo out
Oh and they will dine on each other. Will I? Never, I will fast. I have before for over a month. I have never been so hungry but hunger leaves after 3 days. I will never talk to people who are so desperate to put other people on the menu. There have been reports of dogs starving next to their dead masters. I wont eat my dog either.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.