10/07/2011 11:31 AM
10/07/2011 11:31 AM
Twilight Zone
T
Total Resistance Offline OP
Total Resistance  Offline OP
T
Twilight Zone

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon
Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153408
10/07/2011 01:05 PM
10/07/2011 01:05 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa

Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153409
10/07/2011 01:25 PM
10/07/2011 01:25 PM
Twilight Zone
T
Total Resistance Offline OP
Total Resistance  Offline OP
T
Twilight Zone
Need to order Survivors. Read Patriots and How to Survive.... and both were excellent. I've been doing this for a long time and still took a lot of notes from How to Survive... One thing I never thought about he mentioned is storing salt blocks to aid in harvesting deer after a collapse.

Interesting thing I heard off shortwave (from internet) and googled to verify was that 7,000,000 starved during the Great Depression. That was 5% of the US population. Today 48,000,000 people are on food stamps or 16% of the US population.

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon
Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153410
10/07/2011 01:41 PM
10/07/2011 01:41 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Total Resistance:
One thing I never thought about he mentioned is storing salt blocks to aid in harvesting deer after a collapse.
Not to change the subject, but you touched on a conversation I had with another deer hunter just this morning. Older guys probably know this, but this is one of those things that is slowly being forgotten.

On the inside back legs of deer, there is a dark, oily patch of hair. These are the musk glands of deer, and most articles I've read for the past thirty or forty years advise just to cut around them, not letting the musk touch the meat you want to keep. Well, that is just a terrible waste.

Cut around and remove the glands--hair, skin, and all--and place in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover with cheap vodka (the original recipe, from my grandfather, calls for "good quality moonshine," but cheap vodka works just as well). Shake well a couple times the first week, then leave in a cool, dark place until spring. Strain through cheesecloth, and pour into bottles. This is tincture of deer musk.

It is a great deer attractor, and is also valuable as a dog-breaking scent. Before deer and predator hunters began inexplicably slathering themselves with skunk scent thinking it would hide their own scent (it doesn't), they were using this to help hide their scent.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153411
10/07/2011 02:51 PM
10/07/2011 02:51 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Originally posted by airforce:
Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse

How to Survive the End of the World...es, and Technologies for Uncertain Times

Both by John Wesley, Rawles.

Onward and upward,
airforce
GOOD books, go back to them constantly for reference. If you order both from amazon seems like I got both for 15 bucks last year.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153412
10/07/2011 03:09 PM
10/07/2011 03:09 PM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
"Fascism is the system of government that cartelizes the private sector, centrally plans the economy to subsidize producers, exalts the police state as the source of order, denies fundamental rights and liberties to individuals, and makes the executive state the unlimited master of society.

This describes mainstream politics in America today. And not just in America. It's true in Europe, too. It is so much part of the mainstream that it is hardly noticed any more." ~ Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr.

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153413
10/07/2011 06:27 PM
10/07/2011 06:27 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
The Mainstreaming of Survivalism

by John Wesley, Rawles

When a news giant like CNBC starts quoting SurvivalBlog at length, then obviously we are starting filter into the mainstream of public consciousness. Here is an article that is a case in point: Buying Coins to Hedge Against Inflation . As one reader put it: "It brings a smile to my face when we're way ahead of the curve." By the way, I hope you've already got your nickels squared away. You've had plenty of warning, since I first mentioned this in SurvivalBlog back in 2007. The window of opportunity for acquiring nickels before their debasement is likely to close soon.

Don't get me wrong... I don't expect the nation to suddenly go all Rawlesian--with everyone from 18 to 80 toting .45s, voting for Ron Paul, getting right with God, putting in big gardens and laying in two year food supplies. The shift of a survivalist mindset won't come until after there is a major "Crunch". But once this shift occurs, it will be profound. In fact, I predict that in the aftermath of a full scale socioeconomic collapse, there will be no more "survivalists", per se. There will just be survivors, and statistics. The paradigm shift to prepper mindset will become so ubiquitous that it will simply be the norm. Hence, it might not even carry any special appellation.

I'm sure that most of you reading this have grandparents that lived through the Great Depression, and surely you witnessed them carrying on with the rest of their lives being very thrifty, avoiding debt, and wasting nothing. Just think of that effect amplified a hundred-fold. That will become the collective mindset of the next generation: Armed to the teeth, distrustful of statists and unsound currencies, and feeling compelled to always keep a very well-stocked pantry. That will be the new "normal"--the new mainstream. That should last for a generation or two. Then, inevitably, complacency will set in, and the cycle will repeat. That is human nature.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Top 100 Statistics about collapse of the Economy #153414
10/07/2011 07:02 PM
10/07/2011 07:02 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard/read someone in the Milita talk smack about a survivalist. laugh

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.