12/08/2011 12:46 PM
12/08/2011 12:46 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
If you think the financial crisis in Europe is a problem for Europeans, think again . Our own dollar could very well go down with it.

The eurozone financial system is at serious risk of collapse — which would mean calamity for the US system, too. But our government’s not prepared.

Euro-area policymakers are finally talking about the kind of bold reforms needed to fix their ailing system. But they’ve waited so long that they’re now racing against time, and a collapse can’t be ruled out.

Leveraged to the hilt and broadly exposed to the risky debt of countries on the brink of default, many euro-area banks are floundering, so depositors and other bank creditors are running for the hills. Unless the run can be halted, it will at some point shut down much of the banking system in the euro area.

Such a convulsion would cause untold hardship for eurozone countries. Married through a common currency, these countries sink or swim together. There’s been no legal or economic provision for divorce, so a colossal mess would result. That’s why S&P’s bond raters recently put 15 of the 17 eurozone nations on notice about a possible downgrade.

Don’t feel smug: If the euro-area breaks up, America will suffer wide-scale collateral damage.

Financial markets everywhere would freeze up. And even though investors would flee to safe assets like US Treasuries, many US financial firms would be forced to scramble for funds — perhaps having to do “fire sales” of their assets, taking massive losses to realize cash in hand.

The Federal Reserve has powerful tools to respond to such a liquidity crisis. It could flood the market with support and lend to solvent banks. But that might not hold back the financial tsunami.

Indeed, exposure to bad euro-area sovereign debt could threaten the solvency of US financial firms, too. After all, Jon Corzine’s brokerage firm, MF Global, blew up on bets on European debt just last month. Are there others? (...)
This is not looking good.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153580
12/09/2011 01:05 AM
12/09/2011 01:05 AM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline
Flick  Offline
F
Malaysia
Nope, it's not looking good, and it hasn't been looking good for some time now. I love this:
Euro-area policymakers are finally talking about the kind of bold reforms needed to fix their ailing system. But they’ve waited so long that...
So what's going to happen to gold and silver if the Eurozone collapses? In the past, precious metals have taken a dip when there's financial trouble in Europe...not sure why.

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153581
12/09/2011 02:31 AM
12/09/2011 02:31 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Flick:
In the past, precious metals have taken a dip when there's financial trouble in Europe...not sure why.
At least one European banker has recommended "precious metals, tinned goods, and small calibre weapons" as investments.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153582
12/09/2011 03:39 AM
12/09/2011 03:39 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Something to consider when investing in precious metals from SHTF School.

On Buying Gold & Silver for Survival Preparedness
December 8, 2011

I am very sorry because i have to destroy some popular opinions on some things, but i just have to do that. When i said and keep saying “no rules” i mean that. You can not have something like ideal preparations, you can only try to have it (and then hungry man down the road still might shoot you with his antique hunting rifle for a bit of flour).

So again on bartering and gold and silver:

No, gold and silver was not like second money, or second value during SHTF, it was not even worth like in normal times, and in most of the cases it was dangerous to have it a lot (actually it was too dangerous to have anything in great amounts and let other people to know that) If you had for example 1000 gold coins, and let s say that one coin worth 150 USD in normal times, you could think that you are rich in shtf.

But in reality it was hard to find someone who give you some food or battery or whatever useful for one coin. Gold coin was not useful for 90 percent of people, what they could use it for? Eat it? Start fire with that?

Only people which could use that gold were people who had connection to outside world, so they could use it for buying things trough their connections. In most cases they just used situation to acquire great amounts of gold for the future and in exchange for some simple things, like food, or fuel or…

They did that because they had everything else.

But thing is it was hard to make trade with people like that, because bad kind of people had connections or were gathering gold, so they can just gonna take that gold from you and give you nothing, or bullet in your head.

So yes gold was useful and not useful, it dependeds what kind of people or group you belonged to.

If we have worldwide crisis and you can not get food anywhere the first currency of choice will be food or useful things, not gold or silver. If you want gold to keep some kind of value for one day after all is over make sure you are prepped for long, long time crisis before that.

It is better to have some useful stuff in your prepping, then to waste money on gold or silver. And of course if you still want to have a lot of gold as a part of your preparations, i suggest you buy lot odd simple gold rings, or simple cheaper gold necklace, it makes more sense than to have gold coins.

In hurry it is gonna make more sense to offer “your wifes gold ring” someone for cans or something else then to offer someone some “strange” gold coin for food or one of the typical gold coins you can buy from gold sellers these days, it can raise some questions, and you do not need raising questions in situation like that. Stay low key. Be the guy with the last family jewels not the guy with gold coins from typical gold sellers.

I would say that in SHTF it is gonna be easier and cheaper to get gold then in normal times. Bartering was not a thing of some regular prices or regular places, even “expensive”things changed. Meet the guy with terrible toothache and you are only person who can do an ok tooth surgery. He will give you some gold for that if he can or a lot of other valuable things to simply get out of this situation.

As i remember coffee and cigarettes was hard to find and expensive through all of the time, everything else changed, sometimes was expensive and hard to find, sometimes not.

But important to remember is to make it easier to you, so obliviously, it is much easier to carry and trade candles and batteries than 20 liters of fuel. There is no sense of letting everybody know that you are “man for trade” and that you have a lot fuel for example, because then you might end finished robbed and probably dead.

If you can be, be a traveling trader and do not trade too often with same people if you can avoid that. People also got shot after trading with one person a few times before. Other person might just run out of things to trade and call on you to come to trade and all he has is bullet for you in exchange for what he needs (and he knows you come with what he needs).

In some hardest period cigarettes was sold at one piece, i mean you could buy one cigarette for something, it was so expensive. Same was with coffee, even some substitutes for coffee were expensive. Now you need to know that traditionally here people drink coffee a lot, so maybe some other thing is so “important” in your area, like tea, beer or something else.

But do not expect that people will loose their addictions because times are hard.

One of my older relatives smoked cigarettes while he had it, after that he smoked tobacco (pipe), after that he bought from some folks pieces of dry tobacco roots or tree, used knife to cut small pieces of that and smoked that, and after that he used some dry leafs from tree and smoke that. He never quit smoking.

So in short instead of getting gold and silver to preserve your wealth you might consider getting useful stuff and if you like gold there is always option to get it from unprepared people in exchange for useful stuff if you think you need this for times after. If you already have everything you really think you could need then gold and silver might be good, better than just money for sure.

I do not believe in any quick recovery. Even with help from other states (thank you all for that) it took long time before things became more normal again.

If things don’t get better you do not want to be stuck with gold and having to do risky trades. Do not think that other people do not see when someone is desperate and take advantage of it.

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153583
12/09/2011 04:07 AM
12/09/2011 04:07 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
They can't stop it anymore.

All they can do is put it off some more and each time they do they make the impending collapse worse.

Just a matter of time now.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153584
12/09/2011 08:34 AM
12/09/2011 08:34 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
You can't fix a Debt based system. The Debt can never be paid to fix it.

Also we don't have a Dollar to lose, we have a Debt based FRN that has lost 95% of its stated "Value" sense 1913.

Let it all fall - it will hurt but it will be for the better as long as we do not allow the same system to be reborn.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153585
12/09/2011 03:50 PM
12/09/2011 03:50 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
But you're forgetting; "This is America! That can't happen here!"

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153586
12/10/2011 04:43 AM
12/10/2011 04:43 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
Originally posted by SBL:
But you're forgetting; "This is America! That can't happen here!"
Oh Crap - Nevermind. Hey Football is on tomorrow.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153587
12/10/2011 10:40 AM
12/10/2011 10:40 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Eurozone banking system on edge of collapse. In the old days, being the contrarian that I am, I'd start betting on the Euro. Which explains, I suppose, why I ain't rich.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153588
12/10/2011 11:23 AM
12/10/2011 11:23 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
Look, if Europe is going to take a dump, and we are right behind them. Get it over with already. While we're young.

My only real fear is, that this drags on another 15-20 years and then I will be old cannon fodder. I do however recognize that this cant last.

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153589
12/10/2011 01:53 PM
12/10/2011 01:53 PM
in the tree line
82ndalways Offline
82ndalways  Offline
in the tree line
Originally posted by North Force:
Originally posted by SBL:
[b] But you're forgetting; "This is America! That can't happen here!"
Oh Crap - Nevermind. Hey Football is on tomorrow. [/b]
And we still have cold beer

Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153590
12/11/2011 08:26 AM
12/11/2011 08:26 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
CRASH
CRASH
CRASH
CRASH
CRASH
CRASH

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153591
12/12/2011 01:47 AM
12/12/2011 01:47 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
At this rate, how long can it take?

Leo out

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153592
12/12/2011 04:17 AM
12/12/2011 04:17 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
You have to keep in mind the cycle involved here. There is a reason for these crashes, recessions, and depressions.
They are not in and of themselves an end, but rather a means to an end.
You make a buck. You spend 2/3 of a buck and put 1/3 of a buck into the bank for a rainy day.
The bank loans out your 1/3 buck 10 time to 10 different people for 1/4 of a buck interest. These guys pay back their 10/4 bucks and the bank loans that out to 10 more people.
You lose your job, and go get your 1/3 buck back, and these 20 people lose their jobs, and the bank is unable to pay back the money it owes the Fed for permission to loan these derivatives to the Fed. The Fed foreclose on the bank. Then they forecloses on the 20 people and takes their resalable property.
This is called "Profit taking" because before all they owned was debt papers. Now they have touchable assets from the 20 people, and the failed bank assets. These assets they sell for gold and silver to elite investors and send the gold and silver to some out of the country storage point.
This is where we are today.
If you remember last year when Ron Paul and the congress told Bernanki they wanted to audit the fed he told them that if they did it would be the doom sound for the world. They went ahead on just a basic near real time audit and found the 1.3 Trillion the Fed had loaned to the European banks when our banks were denied the money. The Congress raised hell and the Fed called in that 1.3 Trillion 0% loan, and Greece, Italy, and Germany went into a depression as 1.3 Trillion in US Federal Reserve notes were pulled out of their economy by their banks to pay the debt. Millions of people lost their jobs as their employers had no money to pay them.
The elites were forewarned and pulled their gold from these banks, and sold their stock as always.
When the EU financial fails the people will be in the streets, and all of the American banks that hold loans, and shares of these banks will also owe the loans to the Fed.
When this crash hits it will be felt by the little guy first. The banks will close with his CD's, loans, and savings belonging to the Federal Deposit Insurance Company. He will receive an IOU for what he has in there, but that won't buy food.
In my estimation it will take 10 to 20 years for the economy to move back from a trade and deal to a cash for goods system. Till then you will find yourself spending time you need to make wealth, guarding it from those who want what the President says is their right to have.
We must all be careful what we wish for, as we might get those wishes sooner than we want them.

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153593
12/12/2011 08:48 AM
12/12/2011 08:48 AM
washburn
S
Saiga12ga Offline
Saiga12ga  Offline
S
washburn
My question is how much time do we have before the total collapse? A year... two years... I'm thinking that the elites will wait for obama to get re elected before they flush the toilet on us

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153594
12/13/2011 01:46 AM
12/13/2011 01:46 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
We have until the banksters feel that they have as much liquidity as they can steal. Then they will walk away leaving the middle managers to face the mobs while they meet somewhere and divide their wealth among them selves.
Then we will kill, rob, and hunt to protect ourselves and our families while they begin funding the most viscous of us. These big arms will again raid the surrounding areas killing and looting until we meet and agree to appoint them our protectors so we can provide for our families.
The Banksters will bribe them to get an inside and it all starts again.

Re: U.S. Not Ready for Eurodollar Fall #153595
12/13/2011 02:07 AM
12/13/2011 02:07 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
In the last 3 or so weeks, I have heard from 3 different sources, that we will see it hardcore in the 1st quarter of 2012.

Lets not get distracted with Obama. Everything they do is to keep us looking in the wrong direction.

Leo out

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.