02/07/2012 04:06 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists

By Patrick Temple-West

WASHINGTON | Mon Feb 6, 2012 7:21pm EST

(Reuters) - Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat to local law enforcement officers in the United States, the FBI warned on Monday.

These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference.

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.

Routine encounters with police can turn violent "at the drop of a hat," said Stuart McArthur, deputy assistant director in the FBI's counterterrorism division.

"We thought it was important to increase the visibility of the threat with state and local law enforcement," he said.

In May 2010, two West Memphis, Arkansas, police officers were shot and killed in an argument that developed after they pulled over a "sovereign citizen" in traffic.

Last year, an extremist in Texas opened fire on a police officer during a traffic stop. The officer was not hit.

Legal convictions of such extremists, mostly for white-collar crimes such as fraud, have increased from 10 in 2009 to 18 each in 2010 and 2011, FBI agents said.

"We are being inundated right now with requests for training from state and local law enforcement on sovereign-related matters," said Casey Carty, an FBI supervisory special agent.

FBI agents said they do not have a tally of people who consider themselves "sovereign citizens."

J.J. MacNab, a former tax and insurance expert who is an analyst covering the sovereign movement, has estimated that it has about 100,000 members.

Sovereign members often express particular outrage at tax collection, putting Internal Revenue Service employees at risk.

(Reporting By Patrick Temple-West; Editing by Kevin Drawbaugh)

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153951
02/07/2012 04:07 AM
02/07/2012 04:07 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a ‘Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity’

Advisory aimed at Internet Cafe owners characterizes mundane behavior as “suspicious activity”

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An FBI advisory aimed at Internet Cafe owners instructs businesses to report people who regularly use cash to pay for their coffee as potential terrorists.
FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity buying coffee

The flyer, issued under the FBI’s Communities Against Terrorism (CAT) program, lists examples of “suspicious activity” and then encourages businesses to gather information about individuals and report them to the authorities.

“Each flyer is designed for a particular kind of business,” writes Linda Lewis, a former policy analyst and planner for the U.S. government. “For example, this list was prepared for owners of internet cafes. Unquestionably, someone planning a terrorist attack has engaged in one or more of the “suspicious” activities on that list. But so, too, have most of the estimated 289 million computer users in this country.”

Indeed, the flyer aimed at Internet Cafe owners characterizes customers who “always pay cash” as potential terrorists.

Of course, the vast majority of people who visit Internet Cafes use cash to pay their bill. Who uses a credit card to buy a $2 dollar cup of coffee? A lot of smaller establishments don’t even accept credit cards for amounts less than $10 dollars.

Other examples of suspicious behavior include using a “residential based Internet provider” such as AOL or Comcast, the use of “anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address” (these are routinely used by mobile web users to bypass public Internet filters), “Suspicious communications using VOIP,” and “Preoccupation with press coverage of terrorist attack” (this would apply to the vast majority of people who work in the news or political blogging industry).

Searching for information about “police” or “government” is also listed as a potential indication of terrorism, as is using a computer to “obtain photos, maps or diagrams of transportation, sporting venues, or populated locations,” which would apply to virtually anyone who uses Google Maps or Google Earth.

People who may wish to keep private the contents of a personal email or an online credit card purchase by attempting to”shield the screen from view of others” are also characterized as potential terrorists.

Business owners who spot patrons engaging in these types of activities are encouraged to call the FBI’s Joint Regional Intelligence Center (JRIC), after first gathering information on license plates, names, ethnicity, and languages spoken.

In total, there are 25 different CAT flyers aimed at businesses from across the spectrum – everything from hobby shops to tattoo parlors.

As we have documented on numerous occasions, the federal government routinely characterizes mundane behavior as extremist activity or a potential indicator of terrorist intent. As part of its ‘See Something, Say Something’ campaign, the Department of Homeland Security educates the public that generic activities performed by millions of people every day, including using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper, and using a cell phone recording application,” are potential signs of terrorist activity.

The CAT program again underscores how federal authorities are empowering poorly trained citizens to become terrorist hunters, stoking fears that America is sinking deeper into a Stasi-style informant society. Last week we reported on how the DHS had trained hot dog sellers and other vendors to spot terrorists at this past weekend’s Super Bowl event.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153952
02/07/2012 04:50 AM
02/07/2012 04:50 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
How better to control a population than to cause mistrust for one another and get everyone informing on everyone else.

Not to mention the ultimate, longterm benefits of such conditioning.

Hopefully, the dirtbags will make their move this year. Our Concord and Lexington are way overdue.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153953
02/07/2012 06:16 AM
02/07/2012 06:16 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
This is moving so fast that if you did not see it with your own eyes and hear with your own ears you would not believe it. The America we knew and loved is dead. We are and will see the pace of violence increase now,I think time is just about out,get what you can while you can. God Bless all of you here and SEMPER FI

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153954
02/07/2012 11:21 AM
02/07/2012 11:21 AM
61Bttn; 42FF West. Wash.
L
Lord Eoin Offline
NCO Contributor
Lord Eoin  Offline
NCO Contributor
L
61Bttn; 42FF West. Wash.
I guess that paying cash at the gun show indicates you are domestic terrorist? Or or you considered a terrorist just for attending the gunshow??

" Don't Tread On Me "
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153955
02/07/2012 11:39 AM
02/07/2012 11:39 AM
Georgia
B
bountyhunter26 Offline
bountyhunter26  Offline
B
Georgia
Well I guess the scouts and quiltn bees are next. But, lets not forget the geriatric crowd that goes the local coffee shop too...

Watch your six!!
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153956
02/07/2012 11:42 AM
02/07/2012 11:42 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Those that go along with this crap-cull them out of your life. Don't do business with them, don't be friends with them.

Jesus said you know a tree by their fruits so picking out the willing servants from those that are trapped in a fraud their entire lives won't be so hard. Key is to make it plain by your actions that you will back them up. We have to help each other, no one else will.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153957
02/07/2012 12:28 PM
02/07/2012 12:28 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Originally posted by D308cat:
This is moving so fast that if you did not see it with your own eyes and hear with your own ears you would not believe it. The America we knew and loved is dead. We are and will see the pace of violence increase now,I think time is just about out,get what you can while you can. God Bless all of you here and SEMPER FI
Yup. We're going to see the pace accelerate this entire year, I think. What comes after that?

We should get what we need, for sure, but it is the time most of all to gain the knowledge we are going to need. Not just for fighting but for survival as well.

If things really heat up, I think we could end up in envy of the guys at Valley Forge.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153958
02/07/2012 02:01 PM
02/07/2012 02:01 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Originally posted by drjarhead:
Originally posted by D308cat:
[b] This is moving so fast that if you did not see it with your own eyes and hear with your own ears you would not believe it. The America we knew and loved is dead. We are and will see the pace of violence increase now,I think time is just about out,get what you can while you can. God Bless all of you here and SEMPER FI
Yup. We're going to see the pace accelerate this entire year, I think. What comes after that?

We should get what we need, for sure, but it is the time most of all to gain the knowledge we are going to need. Not just for fighting but for survival as well.

If things really heat up, I think we could end up in envy of the guys at Valley Forge. [/b]
I don't care how prepared you think you are how good you are conditioned physically. Our technology had made us soft. There is a machine to do about anything you want to do now. (I'm guilty too). The situation many of us find ourselves in will try our very souls. The men at VF were used to harder living. We can do it it won't be easy. Train your mind also your spirit. The mind will prove to be our best weapon. Keep it sharp, honed to a razors edge. Without it the rest is worthless. Without God its all in vain.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153959
02/08/2012 03:29 AM
02/08/2012 03:29 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
If You Love “Individual Liberty” Of If You “Believe In Conspiracy Theories” You Are A Potential Terrorist

According To A New DHS Report

The American Dream
February 8, 2012

Do you love America? Are you against a one world economy and a one world government? Do you deeply love individual liberty? Do you believe in conspiracy theories? If you answered any of those questions affirmatively, then you are a potential terrorist according to a brand new Department of Homeland Security report that was just released in January 2012. The report is entitled “Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970 to 2008“, and it was produced by the “National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism” for the Department of Homeland Security. As you will see detailed later on in this article, the most shocking part of this report is when it discusses the “ideological motivations” of potential terrorists. The report shamelessly attempts to portray red-blooded Americans that love liberty and that love their country as the enemy. Once upon a time, deeply patriotic Americans were considered to be the backbone of America, but today they are considered to be potential terrorists.

And this report is yet another example of how the definition of “terrorism” has changed. A decade ago, the entire focus of the “war on terror” was on radical Muslims and we were told that we had to send our boys and girls to the other side of the world to defeat them.

Well, in this new report there is barely any mention of Islam at all. Instead, the report identifies patriots, conspiracy theorists, evangelical Christians, anti-abortion activists, survivalists and those that are against globalism as the real threats.

The focus of the “war on terror” has fundamentally shifted. The “enemy” is now those that love freedom and those that love America.

According to the new DHS report, the following are some of the beliefs and ideologies of American terrorists….

-”fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”

-”anti-global”

-”suspicious of centralized federal authority”

-”reverent of individual liberty”

-”believe in conspiracy theories”

-”a belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack”

-”a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”

-”impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)”

-”insert religion into the political sphere”

-”those who seek to politicize religion”

-”supported political movements for autonomy”

-”anti-abortion”

-”anti-Catholic”

-”anti-nuclear”

All of the above are direct quotes from the report.

Do any of those beliefs apply to you?

Does your own government now believe that you are a potential terrorist?

There seems to be a concerted effort to demonize certain groups of people in this country. In the past, those that loved America, those that loved God, and those that loved freedom were considered to be role models. Now they are considered to be dangers.

The funny thing is that according to the report, terrorism in the United States has actually been declining over the past several decades. On page 13 of the new DHS report, you will find a chart that shows that the number of “terrorist attacks” in the United States has decreased steadily since 1970.

And on page 18 of the report, we find that “extreme left-wing” groups such as radical communists were responsible for 5 times more terror attacks in the U.S. between 1970 and 2008 than all “extreme right-wing” groups and religious groups combined.

The truth is that the vast majority of Americans that are patriotic, religious or that believe in conspiracy theories are very peaceful and only want the best for this country.

But the mainstream media is making it seem like there is an epidemic of “anti-government extremists” that needs to be dealt with.

For example, the following comes from a recent USA Today article entitled “FBI: More locals seek help with anti-government extremists“….

The FBI is being inundated with calls from local government officials asking for assistance in dealing with anti-government extremists, officials said.

And as I wrote about the other day, the FBI has broadened the definition of “suspicious activity” so much that literally anyone could fall under it.

In 2012, the following activities are considered to be “suspicious” by the FBI….

-shielding your computer screen from others

-paying with cash

-acting “nervous”

-using multiple cell phones

-requesting a specific room at a hotel

-traveling with a large amount of luggage

-refusing maid service at a hotel

-staying in your room for too long

-changing your appearance

In fact, if you see any of these things you are supposed to contact the feds right away.

Was the federal government ever this paranoid during the days of McCarthyism?

If America is going to have any kind of a future, we are going to need people who deeply love liberty and who deeply love this country.

Unfortunately, there are many in the federal government that hate the beliefs that this nation was founded upon.

Our founding fathers were fiercely nationalistic, suspicious of centralized authority and were reverent of individual liberty. So according to the Department of Homeland Security, they would very clearly fit the definition of potential terrorists.

How did America ever get so far off track?

If nobody challenges this kind of propaganda, we will go down the dark road of totalitarianism that so many other societies have gone down in the past.

It is a good thing to love your country.

It is a good thing to love individual liberty.

It is a good thing to question the government.

Unfortunately, what the federal government wants today is blind faith and blind obedience. If the federal government tells us that patriotism, religion and nationalism are bad, we are just supposed to go along with it.

According to the Department of Homeland Security, the ideal American would be someone that embraces centralized authority, someone that is “universal and international in orientation”, someone that believes in the idea of a one world government, someone that is anti-religion, someone that is pro-genocide, someone that believes that nobody should ever question leadership, and someone that has disdain for individual liberty.

Where could we ever find someone like that?

Wait, I’ve got it!

Cobra Commander, the ideal American for the 21st century….

Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153960
02/08/2012 03:31 AM
02/08/2012 03:31 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
FBI Attempts to Make ‘Libertarians’ the Poster Children for Domestic Extremism

Eric Blair
Prisonplanet.com
February 7, 2012

As the definition of a domestic extremist continues to expand to include activists for peace, animal rights, currency, natural health, liberty and other noble causes, the FBI is ready to make an example out of one group in particular: Libertarians.

The FBI held a press conference Monday to “increase the visibility of the threat” that people who oppose taxes and regulations, government intrusions into their private property, and the desire for sound money allegedly pose to local authorities.

Although the FBI vaguely attempts to label this group as ”sometimes known as ‘sovereign citizens’”, the description sounds an awful lot like me, and millions of other liberty-minded people in America that don’t associate with any group.

They also sound like Ron Paul supporters.

According to Reuters:

Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat to local law enforcement officers in the United States, the FBI warned on Monday.

These extremists, sometimes known as ‘sovereign citizens,’ believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference.

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.

Notice the resolute use of the word “extremists” but the vague description “sometimes known as sovereign citizens.” Yet the description that these “extremists may refuse to pay taxes and defy government environmental regulations” sounds more like General Electric than average liberty activists who the FBI clearly seems hellbent on demonizing.

Additionally, the official mission for Sovereign Citizens is to “Protect Property Rights and American Civil Liberties.” As fierce protectors of property rights, they take environmental damage quite seriously. Many would argue that an environmental policy governed by property rights is far more effective than the bloated EPA which is wholly owned by corporate polluters.

“Sovereign members often express particular outrage at tax collection, putting Internal Revenue Service employees at risk,” Reuters assumes. Yet, choosing not to pay taxes is by definition a form of non-violent civil disobedience. And no credible threats against individual IRS agents were cited.

Opposing taxes only seems dangerous to those who wish to perpetuate this prison society. I would even suggest that it’s far more dangerous to continue to fund an organization who wages murderous wars abroad based on lies, who builds a militarized police state at home, who removes all individual liberty in the name of safety, and who bails out criminal cartels while the innocent suffer. The real extremists would seem to be the ones who support such a blood-thirsty organization, not the people who oppose its wicked ways.

But the FBI does their best to convince us that that sovereign citizens are dangerous extremists by warning us they can turn violent “at the drop of a hat,” as Stuart McArthur, assistant director in the FBI’s counterterrorism division, said at the press conference.

As evidence, McArthur refers to one incident where two men claiming to be Sovereign Citizens killed two Arkansas policemen after an argument. Because this isolated and highly suspect incident is hardly worthy of labeling an entire philosophical group as violent, McArthur desperately tries to dignify the reason for the FBI’s alert with other, even more vague examples:

Last year, an extremist in Texas opened fire on a police officer during a traffic stop. The officer was not hit.

Legal convictions of such extremists, mostly for white-collar crimes such as fraud, have increased from 10 in 2009 to 18 each in 2010 and 2011, FBI agents said.

Eighteen “such extremists” convicted of white collar fraud! That’s all you can produce with an $8 billion FBI budget? And you wonder why people think their taxes may be better spent elsewhere?

The FBI and the Reuter’s reporter must have forgotten to check the Sovereign Citizens’ own website to see their very clear statement in complete disagreement to all allegations made in this article:

We do NOT endorse non-payment of taxes or violence to achieve these changes. We do NOT endorse giving up a social security number and we do NOT endorse violence against the police or the government.

But recently, the feds somehow excused the use of a domestic drone of all things in the arrest of farmers accused of stealing a handful of cattle because the farmers were said to be Sovereign Citizens.

It appears the federal government is trying to make an enemy out of non-violent activists, especially liberty activists. Imagine, people concerned with peace and liberty are the enemy of the FBI. What’s the opposite of peace and liberty? War and tyranny. Which side are you on?

Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153961
02/08/2012 10:36 AM
02/08/2012 10:36 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Well, they could just stop screwing with everyone but we know that just isn't going to happen so they will reap what they sow. Wisdom of the ages.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153962
02/08/2012 02:38 PM
02/08/2012 02:38 PM
Somewhere over there
C
CH Offline
CH  Offline
C
Somewhere over there
The more the gov makes people trust THEM the more distrust it will breed between "our fellow people". Basically, your neighbor who has been a friend for 10 years now sees you as a psychotic thug working for the taliban or whatever organization you wish to use as an example because you said hello/goodbye in hebrew over the phone to a relative and bought a latte with exact change while looking at a newspaper that was covering something terrorism related or on the internet looking at the same...

GOOD COUNTRY AMERICA....

RED WHITE BLUE.3 colors that dont run.NEITHER DO I.

FEAR is NOT in my vocabulary.

Fight free or Die a slave.
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153963
02/08/2012 07:04 PM
02/08/2012 07:04 PM
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
The Answer Offline
The Answer  Offline
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
We will succeed in the end. We must.

Semper Vigilantes, Numquam Exspectantes

Always Watching, Never Waiting
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153964
02/08/2012 07:47 PM
02/08/2012 07:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally posted by The Answer:
We will prevail,because God is with us...

Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153965
02/09/2012 03:17 AM
02/09/2012 03:17 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
I love the way you think. Now to get the rest of the country on the same page.

Leo out

Profile for Copperhead Email Copperhead

--------------------
RED WHITE BLUE.3 colors that dont run.NEITHER DO I.

FEAR is NOT in my vocabulary.
FREEDOM is never FREE.
Train hard,Train long,Train well,OR DON'T TRAIN AT ALL!

"Patriot Act"
"Military Intelligence"
2 oxymorons that are both LED by MORONS...

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153966
02/09/2012 03:57 PM
02/09/2012 03:57 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
[b]If You Love “Individual Liberty” Of If You “Believe In Conspiracy Theories” You Are A Potential Terrorist

-”fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”

-”anti-global”

-”suspicious of centralized federal authority”

-”reverent of individual liberty”

-”believe in conspiracy (theories)” FACTS

-”a belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack”

-”a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”

-”impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)” TEN COMMANDMENTS

-”insert religion into the political sphere” SEE ABOVE

-”those who seek to politicize religion” N/A

-”supported political movements for autonomy”

-”anti-abortion”

-”anti-Catholic” NOT ME

-”anti-nuclear” N/A

All of the above are direct quotes from the report.

Do any of those beliefs apply to you?

... [/b]
Yeah, that pretty well sums it up for me, along with some comments I added.

This is the fed.gov version of a Declaration of Tyranny!

It would appear that someone (insert most likely domestic fed.gov agency name here) wants to start a shooting war with We the People.

However:

"We are being inundated right now with requests for training from state and local law enforcement on sovereign-related matters," said Casey Carty, an FBI supervisory special agent.

Apparently, our numbers are growing.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists #153967
02/09/2012 04:01 PM
02/09/2012 04:01 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Originally posted by The Answer:
Victory or Death

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.