ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Obama Second Term Odds Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying

Fears over assault on second amendment driving record sales

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
March 5, 2012

In the wake of reports suggesting that Obama is likely to win re-election, gun sales have rocketed, according to figures cited by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Enthusiasts are stocking up on guns and ammunition, and some in the industry are wondering whether sales are spiking as they did after Democrat Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008.

That rush created a nationwide shortage.

“We’re at the top of the roller coaster and we’re about to plummet down the side,” said DeWayne Irwin, owner of the Cheaper Than Dirt gun store in north Fort Worth, which set a sales record for the month of February. “It’s fixing to happen again. I don’t know if it will be to the same extent it was before, but I see it coming.

“Look who the Republicans are trying to put against Obama,” he said. “It’s the Keystone Kops and people are getting scared. People are terrified he’s going to get re-elected and then he won’t care about getting votes next time. He’ll just pass whatever legislation he wants.”

If Obama secures a second term in office, Americans fear that he will use a lame duck presidency to fulfil promises to gun control advocates to take a bite out of the second amendment.

The report comes three weeks after a top official with the National Rifle Association warned that President Obama will move to “destroy” gun rights and “erase” the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

“While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president’s low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was ‘a conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep.’” reported the Washington Times.

Last December gun sales hit an all time high for a single day on Black Friday.

“Numbers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation show an all-time one-day high for background check requests from gun buyers last Friday,” reported ABC News. “There were 129,166 requests to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)–a third more than the previous record of 97,848 on Black Friday 2008, FBI spokesman Stephen Fischer said. On Black Friday last year, there were 87,061 requests.”

“Managers from both Griggs and Wholesale Sport say the presidential elections have a big effect on sales,” reported KNDU. “Sales went up four years ago when Obama was elected into office and they say with the new elections around the corner, many fear the President will work on changing gun control laws during his second term in office.”

Indeed, gun sales have been riding high every year since Obama took office, with a noticeable spike in first time gun buyers.

Earlier this year, President Obama told gun control advocate Sarah Brady that his administration was working “under the radar” to sneak attack the second amendment rights of American citizens.

Just over a month later it emerged that the administration had been sending guns to Mexican drug gangs via the “Fast and Furious” program while simultaneously blaming border violence on the second amendment.

In addition to distrust of the Obama administration, number crunchers believe that fear of social breakdown is also driving gun sales to higher levels than previously seen.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Obama Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying #154046
03/05/2012 08:47 AM
03/05/2012 08:47 AM
washington
mak9030mag Offline
mak9030mag  Offline
washington
It would be funny if oboma was a closet patriot,posing as a liberal with a sociolist agenda.

Mak
Re: Obama Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying #154047
03/05/2012 08:59 AM
03/05/2012 08:59 AM
Port Huron,Michigan
B
Bill Alexander Offline
Bill Alexander  Offline
B
Port Huron,Michigan
Get em" while you Can! I fear this administration will get into high gear if Odumbo is re-elected, and do untold damage to the RTKBA..WE ain"t seen nothin yet! Buy as much ammo as you can afford, lend to those of No Chance..Get your Groups together and buy co-op if need be..Lets show these asholes we mean business!

Semper Fi
Re: Obama Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying #154048
03/05/2012 10:43 AM
03/05/2012 10:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing left is the cheap stuff and that's gonna get scarce soon.Something is happening on the manufacturing end.I was told by an gunshp owner that when BHO got elected a run started and hasn't stopped.Also,when BHO took office he activated a Claus in the FFL gunmakrs contract,that in a time of WAR they must sell 90% of their production to the govn.Our boys haven't had that kind or material lose to enemy action!Can you say manmade shortage.

Re: Obama Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying #154049
03/05/2012 11:20 AM
03/05/2012 11:20 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
Went to a gun show on Saturday. Well, we tried to go to a gun show. The place was packed, and when I say packed. I mean not a parking spot to be found anywhere. I have never seen a gun show so busy, especially this one.

We left and went to a gun shop instead. All I can say is WOW! If people are stressing or are concerned about their future. It shows.

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Obama Spurs Rash Of Gun Buying #154050
03/05/2012 11:42 AM
03/05/2012 11:42 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
It would be funny if oboma was a closet patriot,posing as a liberal with a sociolist agenda.
SHHHH!

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.