05/24/2012 04:16 AM
05/24/2012 04:16 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, that didn\'t take long. Montgomery County, Texas, wants to put tear gas and rubber bullets on domestic drones.

...Chief Deputy Randy McDaniel of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office in Texas told The Daily that his department is considering using rubber bullets and tear gas on its drone.

“Those are things that law enforcement utilizes day in and day out and in certain situations it might be advantageous to have this type of system on the UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle),” McDaniel told The Daily....

But the concern for the ACLU is just too great that an American’s constitutional rights will be trampled with the use of drones.

“The prospect of people out in public being Tased or targeted by force by flying drones where no officers is physically present on the scene,” Crump says, “raises the prospect of unconstitutional force being used on individuals.”
We knew this was coming.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154407
05/24/2012 07:07 AM
05/24/2012 07:07 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
That long barreled goose gun ought to shut that thing the hell up. If you have the book on turning your microwave into a maser weapon you can just aim a bank of those at incoming drones at low altitude, like the ones organically fielded by the local po-po and shut those the hell up as well. A .50BMG rifle would work as well.

We'll run into trouble with the Predator and Reaper class drones. Those will require much more expenditure in air defense.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154408
05/24/2012 07:08 AM
05/24/2012 07:08 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
I soon as a saw the title, I knew it was Montgomery county. New Sheriff needed there in the worst way.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154409
05/24/2012 12:26 PM
05/24/2012 12:26 PM
Texas
B
BTDT320 Offline
BTDT320  Offline
B
Texas
Use rubber bullets and tear gas "day in and day out"?

Clearly, they're doing it wrong if they use that kind of force on a daily basis. I was on the job for 5 years, some of it in the roughest neighborhoods in the city. I can count on both hands the number of times I had to use force above simple pain compliance or empty hand controls.

-Andy

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Si vis pacem, parabellum

Live free or die
Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154410
05/29/2012 12:14 PM
05/29/2012 12:14 PM
USA
G
Ghettomedic22 Offline
Ghettomedic22  Offline
G
USA
what the hell is worong with ppl in Texas its also been reported your chipping your children as welll with id chips to track your kids I mean WTF

Medical Operations Commander
Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154411
05/30/2012 12:14 AM
05/30/2012 12:14 AM
Fort Worth, TX
F
FlyingPatriot Offline
FlyingPatriot  Offline
F
Fort Worth, TX
...add to the rapidly growing list of support for this sort of thing not only Texas Rep Joe Barton but the Governor of VIRGINIA!
It should be obvious to most casual observer that we are under seige from the very thing our Forefathers warned and fought for us about.

Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154412
05/30/2012 01:56 AM
05/30/2012 01:56 AM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
Yeah, let them do this crap in Virginia. Not scared, not impressed and not running away from the lines!

Will maintain and give em hell. If God be for me, who can stand against me and prevail?

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154413
05/30/2012 02:23 AM
05/30/2012 02:23 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Visualize this.
If they get one of their camera/Armed Drones on a regular path then there is a plan.
Since these low level drones, which is what the locals are getting, consist of a propeller (vertical or horizontal) and a light weight body with the camera and fuel making up the majority of the weight. The camera is what the pilot uses for guidance.
If you create a look of something under a camo net they will come. Try some sticks pushing upon fishing line tied tree limbs bent over.
Then on a path about 100 yards along the tree line dig 4 holes across the approach. Holes about 4" diameter and about 4 feet deep. Usually an augur on a cross stick will do it in about 30 minutes. If you bring a battery powered drill even faster. One hole a night is best.
Paint some 3" PVC pipe Black and drop into the holes.
Mix up some bathtub phyro (no instructions. That is what got Moose in Jail) and place a charge in the bottom of the hole. Get some old sein nets (10' X 8' fishimg nets) and lay 2 feet forward of the holes and place leaves over the nets.
Run some 60lb fish(30 feet line from the outer holes to the top fold ends, and bottom fold ends to the center holes.
Place the pyro with phone wires from your hidden place to the bottom of the pipes.
Get 4 @ 1" pieces of 3' PVC pipes and paint black and put a cap on bottom. Tie the other end of the fishing line to the piped tops as you drop them in the 3" pipes.
when the Drone drops down for a new look at the cammo where you left a white shirt out to dry as he gets in to about 100' up and out blow the charges and he will wear the net and drop like a rock.

Re: Texas Wants to Arm Drones #154414
05/30/2012 04:19 AM
05/30/2012 04:19 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Obama Administration drone policy: If we kill you while you\'re in proximity to a terrorist, you\'re probably a terrorist.

The Obama administration has in turn been secretive about its use of targeted drone strikes, boasted about the program's success, and fended off critics who say the strikes are killing and injuring too many civilians. A New York Times story published Tuesday has the administration's human rights critics buzzing again. A key revelation comes near the end of the article, written by Jo Becker and Scott Shane, under the heading, "'They Must All Be Militants.'"

Obama, Becker and Shane write, was angry when informed that the first drone strike after he took office had killed innocent Pakistanis. But one of the measures the administration embraced to prevent future innocent casualties was to embrace a method of counting combatants that would rope in more innocents.

"It in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants, according to several administration officials, unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent," the Times reports. "Counterterrorism officials insist this approach is one of simple logic: people in an area of known terrorist activity, or found with a top Qaeda operative, are probably up to no good." (...)
I suppose the logical conclusion is, if you're standing too close to a criminal when the drone fires, you're a criminal, too.

And you wonder why people in the Middle East don't like us...

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.