09/01/2012 07:43 AM
09/01/2012 07:43 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Montana\'s first registered medical marijuana caregiver has just died in prison. He was serving a five-year prison sentence for running a marijuana dispensary in Montana.

Montana legalized medical marijuana back in 2004. But that didn't stop the feds from raiding his dispensary last year. Way to go, President Obama.

Richard Flor died in a Las Vegas Bureau of Prisons medical facility on Wednesday.

Flor, 68, was just a few months into a five-year prison sentence for running a Billings, Montana marijuana dispensary with his wife and son. Flor also co-owned Montana Cannabis, one of the largest medical marijuana dispensaries in the state, and which was the subject of a March, 2011 federal raid. Montana legalized medical cannabis in 2004, but that doesn't matter under federal law.

Flor's wife got two years in prison for bookkeeping, and his son got five years for running the Billings dispensary. These were pleas entered and settled before the Department of Justice (DOJ) could make sure that medical marijuana went unmentioned in the court room....
Prepare yourself to be disgusted, and read the whole thing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154924
09/01/2012 09:13 AM
09/01/2012 09:13 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Caregiver dies in police custody.

[Linked Image]

One of Montana's first medical marijuana caregivers has died during a prison transfer in federal custody. He was being transferred due his worsening medical problems, and after mouths of delays was finally moved to a federal prison more properly equipped to handle his condition, but he never made it.

68-year-old Richard Flor, a Vietnam veteran, was sentenced to five years in prison earlier this year on drug related charges during some spring medical marijuana raids.

His family ran a dispensary out of their home, and Flor was a co-owner of Montana Cannabis. His wife and son were also sentenced to federal prison for their involvement in the business, but his daughter fought for a lighter sentence due her serious health problems.

Flor had been diagnosed with dementia and depression, and he had recently suffered two heart attacks aiding in a decline in his overall health. He was being held at a detention facility in Shelby since April awaiting this transfer to a federal prison better equipped to handle his condition, it was during this transport that Richard Flor passed away.

Family members are very upset about the whole situation that led up to Flor's death. His daughter Kristin told ABC 5 that the family was under the impression Flor was doing everything right and legal under state law, however the federal government felt otherwise and acted in disregard of the law.

MTCIA President Chris Lindsey was quoted by ABC 5 on Flor's case as saying, “It’s sad that Richard was in prison at all for being a caregiver, especially when such a large number of people think marijuana should be available as an option for sick patients . In affect he got a life sentence which is tragic and really kind of hard to imagine. My heart goes out to his family and I can only hope that our government will end the war on marijuana and come up with a better solution than throwing people like Richard into prison.”

As a result of the actions taken by the federal government against state laws, a family lost a father and are all imprisoned for trying to get patients their much needed medication. Their compassion were their own demise and now the feds have broken apart one more American family. This under supposed states rights in the land of the free.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154925
09/02/2012 08:15 AM
09/02/2012 08:15 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I am curious which classification level they were keeping him at. John Gotti was kept in maximum security in order to speed up his demise due to health issues, with strong rumors being that he had been kept in a cell previously occupied by other inmates with infectious diseases.

A lot of prison and jail facilities are basically incubation pits for all sorts of infectious stuff that the hard living street people and very poor tend to take in with them. Cleaning supplies will be intentionally limited due to the use of some cleaning chemicals in improvised chemical weapons (like the old fashioned poison gas mix you get with bleach and ammonia).

The feds though tend to have access to what are considered slightly better in house clinics.

I think it was Mark Koernke who said something that the punishments in this world are often not for the evil that you do, but for the good that you do.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154926
09/02/2012 08:59 AM
09/02/2012 08:59 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Barracks and jails have always been notorious places for spreading disease. It always surprises people when they learn that jailers in Oklahoma are not certified by the Department of Public Safety, but by the Department of Health. Add to that the fact that roughly 75% of the inmates coming into the jail have something physically or mentally wrong with them, and you begin to see the problem.

In Mr. Flor's case, his health was failing even before he entered prison, and the physical and emotional stress placed upon him did nothing to help him. He received a life sentence for doing something perfectly legal under Montana law.

Chalk up another victim for Eric Holder, the Department of Justice, and the War on Drugs.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154927
09/03/2012 07:42 AM
09/03/2012 07:42 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
That's the issue I began to see among the medical pot people in California in the 1990s. While everyone among them was publicly saying they were pushing for legalization, behind the scenes, they were frequently pushing "the heat" on each other to get busted by the feds. I was trying to lobby with a lot of those people to get some real support for other libertarian party platforms (like gun rights), and very few were into making contributions, taking action or even publishing opinions for rights other than their own. Some would conduct business in a selective manner, such as buying guns only from libertarian gun dealers, but the biggest ones out of SF, again, were getting their protection from police connected outfits.

The way the feds have jumped in bed with their selected cartels, you know they will remain solidly against marijuana legalization as long as it threatens cartel profits.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154928
09/04/2012 05:29 AM
09/04/2012 05:29 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
Montana legalized medical marijuana back in 2004. But that didn't stop the feds from raiding his dispensary last year. Way to go, President Obama.
And all those Constitutional (they work for us) Sheriffs didn't do shit to stop the FEDs either i assume.

Its time for the Militia to start enforcing the Constitution - no matter who violates it.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154929
09/04/2012 09:57 AM
09/04/2012 09:57 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Advertisements for marijuana legali... MSNBC during the Democratic Convention. I'm betting the subject won't be mentioned at the actual convention. Certainly, the subject of Richard Flor won't be brought up.

A drone strike missed its target and killed 13 civilians in Yemen. I'm betting that won't be brought up at the convention, either.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154930
09/07/2012 07:14 AM
09/07/2012 07:14 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Mitt Romney will fight marijuana legalization tooth and nail. Um, exactly how does this differ from president Obama?

I would not legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes, and the reasons are straightforward: As I talk to people in my state and at the federal government level about marijuana and its role in society, they are convinced that the entry way into a drug culture for our young people is marijuana. Marijuana is the starter drug....The idea of medical marijuana is designed to get marijuana out in the public marketplace and ultimately lead to the legalization of marijuana overall. And in my view, that's the wrong way to go. I know that other people have differing views. If you'd like to get someone who is in favor of marijuana, I know there are some on the Democratic side of the aisle who will be happy to get in your campaign. But I'm opposed to it, and if you elect me president, you're not going to see legalized marijuana. I'm going to fight it tooth and nail.
So, medical marijuana is bad because it leads to recreational marijuana, which leads to meth and heroin, or something.

But at least Romney is honest about his position. Obama, on the other hand, never was.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154931
09/07/2012 08:32 AM
09/07/2012 08:32 AM
Twilight Zone
T
Total Resistance Offline
Total Resistance  Offline
T
Twilight Zone
Marijuana will ruin your life. So if you are caught with marijuana, the government will ruin your life.

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon
Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154932
09/07/2012 08:57 AM
09/07/2012 08:57 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
As I talk to people in my state and at the federal government level about marijuana and its role in society, they are convinced that the entry way into a drug culture for our young people is marijuana.
So it looks like he gets all his info from the corrupt Feds - Nothing new there.

To bad he wont go out and ask those who he wants to vote for him.

Dumb ass tool.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154933
09/07/2012 09:17 AM
09/07/2012 09:17 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
airforce
Medical Pot is illegal because there can be no patents on a naturally occurring biological plants.
Thus there is no profit and if legal would in due course reduce sales on patented medicines and loose money at big pharma.

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154934
09/07/2012 09:56 AM
09/07/2012 09:56 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
Just like Hemp and all the positive items including Fuel that can be made from it - It would put the big boys out of business.

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154935
09/08/2012 07:20 AM
09/08/2012 07:20 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Legendary federal judge Richard Allen Posner would legalize marijuana , and has doubts about other drug laws as well. The entire lecture is worth watching, but the relevant part starts at about the 54 minute mark.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Richard Flor Dies in Prison #154936
09/09/2012 09:11 AM
09/09/2012 09:11 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Paul Ryan said that states have the right to legalize medical marijuana. Then he remembered who his running mate was.

...Ryan noted that the issue “is something that is not a high priority of ours.” A Ryan spokesman later emphasized that he agrees with Mitt Romney that marijuana should never be legalized. In the video embedded below you can see how Romney scoffed at a reporter who dared to ask a question about medical marijuana: “Aren’t there issues of significance that you’d like to talk about?” He went on to call marijuana a “gateway drug to other drug violations.”
See the one-minute video here .

(Incidentally, his plan to "get the economy going" never balances the budget.)

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.