10/15/2012 07:05 AM
10/15/2012 07:05 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Research paper here. This was first published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry .

Feel free to reference this article when lobbying for reform of marijuana laws.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155005
10/15/2012 07:41 AM
10/15/2012 07:41 AM
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
The Answer Offline
The Answer  Offline
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
People smoke weed to get high, that's the way it should be.

Most of the medical benefits of marijuana come from the high it gives you and how it changes your perception, distracting from pain and other anxious worries.

For me, I used to have chronic stress migraines...at least one a month. Debilitating. Can't do shit and the pain was unbearable. Started smoking weed when I was 17 and never one again. I shit you not.

I know people with anxiety and stress and let me tell you, it works to ease that stress, that anxiety. When you smoke weed, you realize a lot of shit just doesn't matter. And in my uncertified opinion, the majority of pain is THINKING about pain.

I walk outside and it's cold...really cold. Goosebumps, chilled to the bone cold. Stop thinking about it. Now it doesn't effect me as much. See what I'm saying?

Semper Vigilantes, Numquam Exspectantes

Always Watching, Never Waiting
Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155006
10/15/2012 10:57 AM
10/15/2012 10:57 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I choose not to smoke weed. Freedom is the right to make that decision and live with the consequences.

MJ probably provides medicinal relief to some patients and if so, why should it be illegal? It's probably safer to use than most "ethical" drugs.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155007
10/16/2012 01:59 PM
10/16/2012 01:59 PM
PA
P
propovednik Offline
propovednik  Offline
P
PA
There is no doubt about it. My wife suffers from MS and in the past she has used cannabis to relieve not just muscle stiffness but severe muscle spasms too... instantaneously.

Only God has absolute authority, and only God can require absolute obedience. -Rushdoony
Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155008
10/16/2012 06:20 PM
10/16/2012 06:20 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I will pray for your wife. Glad to hear that something relieves the muscle spasms.

I am working on a project that may ultimately reverse her symptoms longer term. It's tied up in litigation but hopefully the judge will rule one way or another soon.

Keep the faith.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155009
10/17/2012 08:57 AM
10/17/2012 08:57 AM
PA
P
propovednik Offline
propovednik  Offline
P
PA
You know, she's doing great. First diagnosed 12 years ago, she was completely paralyzed on half of her body. A few months ago she ran a half marathon! After the first 4 years she decided to completely reject mainstream medications and she's gone 100% with the naturopathic method and you'd never know she has MS. The one lingering symptom is cognitive impairment and that comes and goes.

She doesn't even use cannabis to treat muscle spasms anymore as there is no need. I just posted her previous experience with it to support what Air Force posted... Marijuana is a legitimate medication! Why would we deny people treatments that work?

Only God has absolute authority, and only God can require absolute obedience. -Rushdoony
Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155010
10/17/2012 09:53 AM
10/17/2012 09:53 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
There's been quite a bit of anecdotal evidence of the medical effects of marijuana, but this is the first serious study I've ever seen.

Glad you're wife is doing better, propovednik.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155011
10/18/2012 08:26 AM
10/18/2012 08:26 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Are we in the final days of marijuana prohibition?

Maybe. There's a good chance that both Colorado and Washington will legalize marijuana in November. I'm not under any illusions that it will happen right away, but it may well be that the tide has turned.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Marijuana Relieves Muscle Stiffness in Multiple Sclerosis #155012
10/18/2012 08:40 AM
10/18/2012 08:40 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
And Scott Adams, the cartoonist behind the Dilbert comic strip, is endorsing Mitt Romney because of Obama\'s crackdown on medical marijuana .

Let's say a CEO does a great job for stockholders; he increases profits five-fold, treats the employees well, and causes the stock price to skyrocket. He's a superstar. One day the public learns that the CEO killed a guy to get ahead in his career, but the CEO doesn't get convicted because his clever attorney gets him off on a technicality. Assume in this hypothetical situation that the public correctly believes the CEO killed a guy to advance his career. Should the board of directors allow the superstar CEO to keep his job? Or is killing a guy to advance your career always a firing offense?

Okay, keep your answer in mind.

The next question is for supporters of President Obama. Let's say your political views map closely to the President's positions. He's your guy. But suppose you found out he once killed an American citizen in the United States to help his reelection. And assume, as with the CEO example, that the facts of the killing are undisputed and the President found a legal means to avoid prosecution. In that hypothetical case, would you still vote for President Obama? Or would you say it is a firing offense for a President to kill a citizen to advance his career?

I predict that every one of you favored firing the hypothetical CEO for killing a guy to get ahead. My second prediction is that every Republican reader of this blog favored firing President Obama in the hypothetical and imaginary case of him murdering a citizen to get elected. My third prediction is that supporters of President Obama will quibble with the hypothetical example, or my comparison to the CEO, or say President Obama is still a better option than Romney. In other words, for most supporters of President Obama, I don't think there is such a thing as a "firing offense."

For the record, President Obama did not technically kill anyone to get elected. That was just a hypothetical example. But he is putting an American citizen in jail for 10 years to life for operating medical marijuana dispensaries in California where it is legal under state law. And I assume the President - who has a well-documented history of extensive marijuana use in his youth - is clamping down on California dispensaries for political reasons, i.e. to get reelected. What other reason could there be?

One could argue that the President is just doing his job and enforcing existing Federal laws. That's the opposite of what he said he would do before he was elected, but lying is obviously not a firing offense for politicians.

Personally, I'd prefer death to spending the final decades of my life in prison. So while President Obama didn't technically kill a citizen, he is certainly ruining this fellow's life, and his family's lives, and the lives of countless other minor drug offenders. And he is doing it to advance his career. If that's not a firing offense, what the hell is?

Romney is likely to continue the same drug policies as the Obama administration. But he's enough of a chameleon and a pragmatist that one can't be sure. And I'm fairly certain he'd want a second term. He might find it "economical" to use federal resources in other ways than attacking California voters. And he is vocal about promoting states' rights, so he's got political cover for ignoring dispensaries in states where medical marijuana is legal.

So while I don't agree with Romney's positions on most topics, I'm endorsing him for president starting today. I think we need to set a minimum standard for presidential behavior, and jailing American citizens for political gain simply has to be a firing offense no matter how awesome you might be in other ways.
Personally, I think Mr. Adams' argument that Romney would be any better than Obama is pretty weak. Why not just endorse Gov. Gary Johnson? But I suppose that would be too much of a leap for Mr. Adams. (Baby steps, remember.)

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.