11/23/2012 10:20 AM
11/23/2012 10:20 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
According to a usually reliable Israeli source, they are. Netanyahu agreed to the ceasefire only when President Obama pledged to send troops to the Sinai to halt arms smuggling from Iran, via Libya and Sudan, through southern Egypt and the Sinai peninsula.

Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to a ceasefire for halting the eight-day Israeli Gaza operation Wednesday night, Nov. 21, after President Barack Obama personally pledged to start deploying US troops in Egyptian Sinai next week, debkafile reports. The conversation, which finally tipped the scales for a ceasefire, took place on a secure line Wednesday morning, just hours before it was announced in Cairo. The US and Israeli leaders spoke at around the time that a terrorist was blowing up a Tel Aviv bus, injuring 27 people.
Obama’s pledge addressed Israel’s most pressing demand in every negotiating forum on Gaza: Operation Pillar of Cloud’s main goal was a total stoppage of the flow of Iranian arms and missiles to the Gaza Strip. They were smuggled in from Sudan and Libya through southern Egypt and Sinai. Hostilities would continue, said the prime minister, until this object was achieved.
Earlier, US officials tried unsuccessfully to persuade Israel to accept Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi’s personal guarantee to start launching effective operations against the smugglers before the end of the month. The trio running Israel’s Gaza campaign, Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, were willing to take Morsi at his word, except that Israeli security and intelligence chiefs assured them that Egypt has nothing near the security and intelligence capabilities necessary for conducting such operations.

When Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Jerusalem from Bangkok Tuesday, she tried assuring Netanyahu that President Obama had decided to accelerate the construction of an elaborate US system of electronic security fences along the Suez Canal and northern Sinai. It would also cork up the Philadelphi route through which arms are smuggled into the Gaza Strip. (The US Sinai fence project was first disclosed exclusively by DEBKA-Net-Weekly 564 on Nov. 9).
US security and civilian units will need to be deployed in Egyptian Sinai to man the fence system and operate it as an active counter-measure for obstructing the smuggling of Iranian weapons supplies.

The prime minister said he welcomed the president’s proposal to expedite the fence project, but it would take months to obtain Egyptian clearance. Meanwhile, the Palestinians would have plenty of time to replenish their weapons stocks after Israel’s Gaza campaign. It was therefore too soon to stop the campaign at this point or hold back a ground incursion.
Clinton was sympathetic to this argument. Soon after, President Obama was on the phone to Netanyahu with an assurance that US troops would be in place in Sinai next week, after he had obtained President Morsi’s consent for them to go into immediate action against Iranian smuggling networks....
Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155233
11/24/2012 05:57 AM
11/24/2012 05:57 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
We have been sending troops there for a while. It is just another godforsaken desert in the middle of nowhere and actually a pretty low cost training deployment location compared to others. The Israelis and Egyptians chose it as a battleground from time to time, but nobody actually wants to live there.

Here is an interesting article about a raid on the international Sinai base. Apparently Al Queda decided to mix it up with the Colombians not to long ago..

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/09/jihadists_attack_int.php

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155234
11/24/2012 06:23 AM
11/24/2012 06:23 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Breacher:
We have been sending troops there for a while.
Yeah, we have, about 1,600 or so of them, as part of a multinational peacekeeping force. And according to a news report I saw a couple of days ago, Obama is considering replacing the regular Army troops there with National Guard troops, which tends to make me doubt the story. And according to an English-language Egyptian newspaper , Egypt is denying they agreed to more U.S. troops in the Sinai as part of the ceasefire agreement, which tends to make me doubt the story even more.

The armed forces have denied that Egypt agreed to allow the deployment of United States troops in the Sinai peninsula as part of the Egyptian brokered Gaza ceasefire agreement.

The official spokesperson for the armed forces released a statement which stated “there is no truth to what has been published on Israeli websites on plans for the deployment of US troops in the Sinai as part of the ceasefire agreement in Gaza between Hamas and Israel.” (...)
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155235
11/24/2012 08:00 AM
11/24/2012 08:00 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Oh so now we too get to help the Israelis bomb and starve the Gazan Palestinians? Or at least block shipments so they could at least make a symbolic effort to defend themselves?

In a alternate Earth those troops would be landed IN Gaza to provide the same deal for Gazans that we do with the South Koreans. God knows Israel's more dangerous than those crazy North Koreans-both of those tribes have an absolutist world view that ranks themselves at the top of the heap. Don't believe me, read the Talmud and Zohar-or at least try they're thicker than a New York City phone book.

Of course in that alternate Earth, the Israelis would never have been allowed to be given all the weaponry and nuclear material that the traitors in the government have given them in the 1st place.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155236
11/24/2012 12:38 PM
11/24/2012 12:38 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Air Force, I first learned of this when my old National Guard unit was sending people there. NG has done well enough in all of these deployments that intermixing with active duty deployments has gotten pretty common.

National Guard of the post-9/11 era is very similar to active duty except for getting a lot more personal time and much lower pay while not on deployment. For me it was a pretty decent deal because I could make a far better living in the civilian world than the military would let me have, until the government's crossover influence became concentrated on beating me down in the civilian world too and I was having an inordinate amount of government supervision screwing with my regular income. That's where at a certain point, being in the NG can be the worst of both worlds.

True Zionism is really a matter of interpetation. Those people living in the disputed west bank teritories, often in small settlements and shacks are the true Zionists in my book. Those who decide to not go and support the return to the promised land are in the eyes of a lot of those people, traitors. They traded comfort in the intrigues of foreign capitals for the challenges of repopulating the promised land. The same issue was repeated in the old testament when a lot of Jews were perfectly comfortable in the Babylonian imperial capitol, with their wealth and influence, but would not return to Israel.

Even now, a bunch of conspiracy theories go around Israel about how the world (and Israel) are secretly run by a masonic cult that is not actually Jewish, and the ONLY authentic Zionists are those beleaguered settlers in the West bank, which strongly represents the areas on a map of the shrinkage of old Israel, and currently does not even have full diplomatic recognition from the Israeli central government.

You currently have those people living in besieged enclaves in defiance of the UN, the Palestinians, the central Israeli government, and most NGOs. They are armed, militant, and defiant. The only reason the IDF does not move in on them in serious force is that they have heavily infiltrated the IDF and would readily plunge Israel into a civil war. The Palestinians can't move against them in force (but do skirmish frequently) in part because the settlers have spent years arming up and prepping for resistance. The UN, apart from lacking the balls to move in there in force, knows they would quickly be facing a three to five sided armed conflict if they do.

That's some of the reasons I see those settlements as an organizational and functional model for some forms of survivalist communities here in the US. They live in a hostile environment (really shitty land too), among a hostile government (the Palestinian authority) and a semi-hostile government (the Israeli government) that they must constantly infiltrate, bully, and occasionally bitch smack into supporting their causes, or at least not openly opposing them with force. Not only did their leaders encourage the snuffing of an Israeli prime minister, they constantly lobby for the assassin to get released from prison. Like them or dislike them, you have to recognize the fact they got balls, every last one of them.

The thing to understand is that nobody in that part of the world is a punk. Screwing around in that hornets nest is something that even Obama is smart enough to avoid. My guess is that even if US troops go pretty close to gaza, the actual ROE will include not getting into confrontations with anybody. We are talking about troops being sent to the Sinai, not the more fertile areas (which are kind of crappy but not as crappy). The threat is not to invade Israel or Gaza, but to relocate people to the Sinai in UN/US/Coalition refugee camps with even worse conditions than the areas further north since a lot of those areas have at least been fixed up a bit but the Sinai has not.

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155237
11/24/2012 01:42 PM
11/24/2012 01:42 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by J. Croft:
Oh so now we too get to help the Israelis bomb and starve the Gazan Palestinians? Or at least block shipments so they could at least make a symbolic effort to defend themselves?

In a alternate Earth those troops would be landed IN Gaza to provide the same deal for Gazans that we do with the South Koreans. God knows Israel's more dangerous than those crazy North Koreans-both of those tribes have an absolutist world view that ranks themselves at the top of the heap. Don't believe me, read the Talmud and Zohar-or at least try they're thicker than a New York City phone book.

Of course in that alternate Earth, the Israelis would never have been allowed to be given all the weaponry and nuclear material that the traitors in the government have given them in the 1st place.
You really do hate Jews and Israel don't you.

If you had been born earlier you might have been a very good Nazis and maybe would have even been second in Command to Der Fuhrur and would have been a very happy man to order the “böse Juden“ to the Camps and then into the “Showers“ as the Final Solution.

And since it seems you are looking at Israel as the Bad Guys and you are taking the side of the Palestinians I have serious doubts about you.

Since you are either ignorant of, or are just in denial of certain facts, regarding Israel and the Palestinians I will state the facts for you and any other member of this board who like you refuses to accept the truth.

Israel did not start this shit with the Palestinians, it was Hamas who started it by firing Rockets into Israel, and Israel defended itself as it has the right to, and as every other Nation has the Right to defend itself from Aggression.

Hamas caused the death of a lot of Palestinians, by firing rockets into Israel and yet the Retarded and Evil Palestinian People put all blame on Israel and the Jews.

The “Palestinians” are EVIL and I believe that the only good Palestinian is a dead Palestinian, and I hope that Israel will finally stop kissing the ass of the United States and do what is necessary to end the problems with the Palestinians permanently.

What Israel needs is its own Final Solution to the Palestinian Problem.

And in case you have not figured it out by now I fully believe that Israel has the right to exist and that the Land of Israel was given to the Jews or more correctly the Hebrews by Yahweh.

And anyone and everyone including you, who takes the side of an Enemy of Israel against Israel is also going against the will of GOD and only and only an Evil Person or a Retard or an Atheist goes against the Will of God.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155238
11/24/2012 02:45 PM
11/24/2012 02:45 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
+1 Sniper

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155239
11/25/2012 07:39 AM
11/25/2012 07:39 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I'll be fair about this and say the Israelis are treating the Palestinians like an occupied enemy most of the time.

Hostile day to day treatment at frequent checkpoints, frequent extortion of bribes and payoffs, frequent intimidation and humiliation, that's going to eventually cause a backlash even among people who have been force fed a religion of pacifism like the variant of twelve stepper christianity taught to the underclass in this country. That has almost as much to do with Palestinians going from moderate Muslim to their more radicalized strain of it, but really, their version of Islam is a different animal than say, Saudi Arabia.

A whole lot of this stuff is getting egged on by people outside of the area, that's the difference between Israel and a lot of other places. The Jihadists use it as a focal point as do a whole lot of the one-worlders. We are seeing Orthodox Christian religious sites being regularly torched in UN/NATO "protected" Kosovo since a radicalized nominally Muslim culture became dominant there. This shit goes on all the time. Shit goes past someone's tolerance point, someone goes game on for a while, and then it settles down. When I look at the severe injustices done to Kosovo Serbs and the lies were had been told in the 1990s, there are times I recognize that sometimes the world has to stand back and let some of these things just play out. As tragic as it is, you also have that buildup of "tolerable injustice" that eventually leads to an even greater evil than war.

One other issue going on with this is that Israel has seen a huge influx of immigrants who are Jews from other parts of the world where they had been oppressed one way or another, so as soon as they are back in Israel, they see it as the massive opportunity to express some of the "payback is a bitch program" to the closest population that most resembles the people who had been oppressing them. Don't think it is an entirely alien concept to the Muslims either, look at how they are treating Arabic Christians in Dearborn Michigan.

I am putting the whole thing on the "wars and rumors of wars" interpretation of the prophesies, not the big bad single apocalypse. I have seen so many predictions of the apocalypse come and go and made a fool of myself on it in the past that I am just sitting them all out now.

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155240
11/26/2012 04:32 AM
11/26/2012 04:32 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm not going to make a big deal about this. We can argue about whether Israel should have been established in another thread. But Israel is a nation, and all nations have the inherent right of self-defense. I suspect that if Canada fired a few hundred rockets into Massachusetts and sent dozens of suicide bombers into Atlantic City, even the most die-hard nonviolent liberal would be calling for retaliation in pretty short order.

If the Palestinians don't want Israel bombing and invading their country, maybe they should talk to Hamas, and their Iranian arms suppliers.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155241
11/26/2012 06:28 AM
11/26/2012 06:28 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Welp Sniper yu dun figgur owt ahs a joo hatir that wah I never was on Stormfront ur any otir whit powir sites yondir...

So it's okay for Israel to act as Nazi Germany did?

It's okay for Israel to headshoot a Hamas leader as he signs a treaty the Jews will renege on yet again?

It's okay to keep over a million people penned up in a open air desert prison about just twice the size of the District of Columbia?

Palestinians are all EVIL? Might as well say that about Native Americans, blacks, and anyone else you probably call 'nigger'.

Millions of Palestinians should be murdered so some Eastern European Jews can peaceably commit endless under the table nuclear brinkmanship, espionage, false flag attacks without worrying about internal threats?

I'll tell you something Marksman, I was at one time as much an unthinking fundamentalist as you are-but then I actually sat down and read the Bible... and I eventually found the truth.

Jesus called the Jews the Synagogue of Satan. Some of the disciples were giving praise to what they presume to be God on their knees and Jesus said "let them pray to their god, for he was a murderer and a liar and the devil from the very beginning."

Jesus and Yahweh-not at all alike. Read the account of Exodus and how Yahweh didn't die for our sins but exterminated children, had his crazed followers commit genocide. You see Jesus commit genocide? Jesus said "woe be unto you if so much as a hair on a child's head be harmed". Do you think that someone who gave such a warning would murder every firstborn child in a nation?

Don't quote anything by Saul of Tarsus either, he never met Jesus, never was an Apostle exept by self-declaration and most of his teachings contradict Jesus'.

You have no basis, no cause, no right to call for genocide of a people just because they impinge on your fundamentalist leanings.

Who again is the nazi here?

Maybe you should just not worry about being a militia man and just wait for the Rapture. You'll wait a long time.

Be your own leader

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155242
11/26/2012 08:31 AM
11/26/2012 08:31 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
J Croft, among the many reasons I am backing off a lot of those issues and calling it a "no dog in this fight program". One of the big worries a lot of people have on several sides of the issue is whether or not it would have any spillover here, and personally, from studying some incidents and events in Michigan, I think not only has it had some spillover, but the government is covering that up too (go figure).

I don't know if anyone here has actually dealt with Jews or Arabs on a regular basis, but the idea of them not getting along is a no-brainer.

The US has been trying hard to make friends in the Middle East for decades, and it has generally turned out miserably. Every time we really throw down on behalf of a group of "friends" over there, they practically jump over themselves to stab us in the back, with a few notable exceptions like the Kuwaitis.

What complicates the whole Gaza thing is the infighting on both major sides is severe. In fact, I think a big part of the IDF reservist activation was to get the individual troops less able to engage in the internal skirmishes they have been threatening to do for nearly a decade now. You have high unemployment among their youth, and several of the high profile youth were at the very founding of the Anonymous movement which is in direct opposition to the criminal banksters, who are also mostly Jewish but usually claim everything is a Masonic/Vatican conspiracy.

Re: Are U.S. Troops Going to the Sinai Peninsula? #155243
11/26/2012 10:36 AM
11/26/2012 10:36 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Hmm. Don't blame you there, the whole Israel/Palestine thing is an unsolvable mess-nobody's going to be happy unless they grow the hell up. With 3500-4000 years of history though that's asking a lot.

I had a Palestinian friend once upon a time. I was also one of those fundamentalists waiting and warning about the Rapture happening. I know enough of where both sides are coming from, I can with some reason pick a side. I err on the underdog-though the Arab world has more exploited the Palestine issue than actually help them. On the other hand Israel's a reality that isn't going to go away unless you literally want a quarter of the world blown into radioactive dust.

Which I why I don't call for extermination of the Jooz like more voices seem to be doing, though if you look at some Jews actions and read the Talmud and Torah you can get their hate. I'm not though going to do the zero sum thing and personally give license to exterminate the Palestinians-remember that war game you started a few years back, and I put a precondition for the Palestinians?

I really don't want war. I really don't want to want war-except here at home because nothing's going to be solved unless and until America becomes known once again as a land of Freedom, Truth Justice, only for real. Rest of the world's leaders will hate our guts but most of the peoples of Earth will cheer on and wait for American advisors and weapons to launch their own American style Revolutions in their own countries. Only if all peoples are Free will there be Peace, biblical prophecy be damned.

Be your own leader

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.