AWRM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155295
12/03/2012 01:57 AM
12/03/2012 01:57 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?

Michael Snyder
American Dream
December 3, 2012

The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011″. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?

The sinkhole down in Louisiana is of particular concern because it has been venting natural gas. A few days ago it reportedly “burped” which sounds kind of ominous. Could we see some kind of an “explosion” at some point?

Many of those living in the area may not be able to return to their homes for quite a long time. The following is from a recent Huffington Post article…

At the eight-acre, Bayou Corne sinkhole in Assumption Parish, owners of slab houses are waiting for methane-gas monitors to be installed in December. The sinkhole deepened in November and coughed up debris and hydrcarbons late in the month. Cypress trees fell into the gap. Residents are watching natural gas being flared from the site and are ventilating homes while bayous around them bubble.

But if human activity is capable of producing sinkholes that are 8 acres in size and capable of causing a “sixfold increase” in the number of earthquakes in the middle part of the country, is human activity also capable of setting off the New Madrid fault?

Sadly, even most Americans that are living in that part of the country don’t really understand how incredibly massive and how potentially destructive this fault zone actually is. The following is from a recent report from WREG in Memphis, Tennessee…

Many people don’t realize that north Alabama lies in the impact zone of the New Madrid fault line, a sleeping giant that is approximately twenty times larger than California’s famed San Andreas fault.

The biggest earthquake in U.S. history happened in the New Madrid seismic zone in 1812, and in just the last few weeks, activity along the fault line is starting to heat up.

If the earthquakes that happened along the New Madrid fault zone in 1811 and 1812 happened today, the devastation would be unimaginable. Back then, there were not that many people living in the area. But even so, the destruction was incredible…

Accounts of the 1812 quake vary since there were no measuring instruments at the time, but most geologists say evidence shows it was at least a magnitude 8 earthquake, and possibly a 9 or higher.

The shaking was so intense that church bells started ringing as far away as Boston and New York.

Chimneys toppled from the Deep South to Canada, and President James Madison was awoken by the violent shaking as he slept in the White House.

Eyewitnesses said it even caused the Mississippi River to flow backwards for a time.

Unfortunately, there are now indications that the fault zone is becoming more active as a recent Examiner article explained…

Tuesday evening, two shallow earthquakes, although small, were felt in Mt. Carmel, Ill. as well as five miles outside Edmond, Okla. Illinois had the largest at 3.6 magnitude, leaving Oklahoma with a smaller 2.9 magnitude quake as reported by the USGS.

The fact that both of these quakes were shallow and follow on the heels of Kentucky’s 4.3 just 10 days ago makes the questions begin to fly. Is the New Madrid waking up? Is it gearing up for ‘the big one’? When Ky. Experienced a 4.3 two weeks ago, it was felt across 10-12 states. Although it didn’t knock runners off their feet, it did alarm many. Knoxville was among the cities that felt the quake. The shaking was not minor in many areas, and it scared people as walls shook and many began to pray.

This is something that I have written about previously, and we all need to keep our eyes open for more reports about earthquakes in the middle part of the country. When the “big one” does finally hit the New Madrid fault zone, it will be one of the biggest news stories ever.

We are talking about a catastrophe that would be so immense that it would be hard to imagine. According to ABC News, a study by the Mid-America Earthquake Center found that in the event of a major earthquake along the New Madrid fault, “nearly 750,000 buildings would be damaged, 3,000 bridges would potentially collapse, 400,000 breaks and leaks to local pipelines and $300 billion in direct damage and $600 billion in indirect losses would occur.”

You can ready much more about the New Madrid fault right here.

All of this is even more frightening when you consider that there are 15 nuclear reactors along the New Madrid fault zone.

In the event that the “big one” strikes, we could be looking at Fukushima times 15.

We have been blessed to have avoided a major earthquake like that for so long in the middle part of the country, but there is no guarantee that the New Madrid fault zone will always be stable – especially considering how much it is being aggravated by man-made activity.

There are even some that believe that eventually we will see an earthquake of magnitude-9.0 or higher along the New Madrid fault. Such an earthquake could literally change the face of the entire continent. We are talking about an event that could potentially change the course of the Mississippi River and create bodies of water where none existed previously.

We seem to be moving into a time of increased seismic activity on the earth, and many scientists are convinced that the New Madrid Fault zone is definitely overdue for a major earthquake.

So will we see one in the coming years?

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155296
12/03/2012 04:13 AM
12/03/2012 04:13 AM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline
Flick  Offline
F
Malaysia
This is interesting. I've seen you mention this before, but in all the things there are to research, this business about the New Madrid fault was low on my priorities list. I recently read "The Revelation Record" by Henry Morris (a bit dated, but excellent, out-of-the-box insight), which had me wondering what types of things God could use to bring about the kind of devastation described in various parts of Revelation. So when I read the article you posted above, my pea brain made the connection. Devastation on an apocolyptic scale. Bingo.

Lately I'm coming to the conclusion that what we will be facing is not so much an OPFOR but divine and long overdue judgment. I'm beginning to wonder if it will be more important to resist an enemy or get out of God's way.

Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155297
12/03/2012 05:08 AM
12/03/2012 05:08 AM
Fort Worth, TX
F
FlyingPatriot Offline
FlyingPatriot  Offline
F
Fort Worth, TX
Another interesting part of the New Madrid story is that in addition to massive flooding along the TVA complex affecting millions (obivously), is that it would probably force a Mississippi River course change. For years like so many other natural events here in the US a 500 year cyclical course change of the River has been long overdue.
In the late 80's the then phone company (Ma Bell) actually had contingency plans for both events...
Many people south of the Old River Structure which forms the head waters of the Atchafalaya River and Basin actually took out flood insurance policies specific to a New Madrid and subsequent Mississippi River change event.
Although I have not been back there in years I understand a new structure has been built to relieve some of the pressure and threat of failure of the orginal stucture.
People not from the region focus on the flooding associated with a River course change but us "locals" see the deeper socio-economic long-term affect. New Orleans and up to Baton Rougue could be relagted to empty cities since they are totally dependant on the River. Commerce, Tourism, and oh drinking water would all just cease to exist partly from salt water intrusion from the Gulf of Mexico. Lafayette and the Port of New Iberia could benifit eventually as they are just west and on "higher" ground. Of course I could go on but you all get the point I hope.
As mentioned by the above article an event like this would literally be Biblical in proportion.
These are trying times and we must be ever Prayerfully watchful and sober on so many levels as the End Times approach. Thanks Patriots!

Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155298
12/03/2012 09:41 AM
12/03/2012 09:41 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
The New Madrid is a rift valley. IOWs, it is where tectonic plates are pulling apart, not coming together or scraping alongside one another.

That should be kept in mind while trying to predict what could happen.

I seriously doubt human activity has anything to do with it. You could probably drop a nuke in there and not budge those plates a fraction of an inch. We're talking tremendous amounts of energy.

The events described in Revelation are to a large extent attributable to large meteorites from asteroids and or comets.
If you study what transpires due to such strikes you will see it well laid out there, IMHO.

Now, would THAT move some tectonic plates?
Yeah, you bet your ass it would. And more.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155299
12/03/2012 11:27 AM
12/03/2012 11:27 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
If we put aside our bibles and looked at the news archives we will find that Deepwater Well BP blew was into the end of this fault.
Back many thousands of years ago what we refer to as the Mississippi River basin was an inland sea. The old tales of the Mastec and Aztec Indians tell of a trade route that went up to around the current site of the Oklahoma Badlands where they picked up large boats to cross the sea to Grand Mother Turtle Island and the trading centers.
In our recent history remember that the new United States sent troops to Tipacanoe to wipe out the Indian government found there.
While you may find Indian villages marked all about the East and West you never see one located near the St Madrid Fault. That is because they understand that the Sea will return one day.
In 18 days the planets will all align. Can you imagine the gravity change going on at this time.
If that fault spreads just 24" every Natural Gas, Oil, and Gasoline Pipeline coming out of Texas will open and pour what ever it is carrying on the ground. The electrical Grid crossing the Mississippi will disconnect and it will get very cold and dark on Grand Mother Turtle Island for a very long time.

Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155300
12/03/2012 11:53 AM
12/03/2012 11:53 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Originally posted by safetalker:
If we put aside our bibles and looked at the news archives we will find that Deepwater Well BP blew was into the end of this fault.
Back many thousands of years ago what we refer to as the Mississippi River basin was an inland sea. The old tales of the Mastec and Aztec Indians tell of a trade route that went up to around the current site of the Oklahoma Badlands where they picked up large boats to cross the sea to Grand Mother Turtle Island and the trading centers.
In our recent history remember that the new United States sent troops to Tipacanoe to wipe out the Indian government found there.
While you may find Indian villages marked all about the East and West you never see one located near the St Madrid Fault. That is because they understand that the Sea will return one day.
In 18 days the planets will all align. Can you imagine the gravity change going on at this time.
If that fault spreads just 24" every Natural Gas, Oil, and Gasoline Pipeline coming out of Texas will open and pour what ever it is carrying on the ground. The electrical Grid crossing the Mississippi will disconnect and it will get very cold and dark on Grand Mother Turtle Island for a very long time.
The planets aren't going to all align and even if they did, the gravitational forces involved would be miniscule. I've had plenty of physics in my education and the math just doesn't work for what you are saying. Way too far away and gravitational forces dissipate as the inverse square of distance.
IOWs, the moon exerts FAR more force than even Jupiter because it is so close.

As for an inland 'sea', or whatever, I have never heard of that but given the melting of the glacier back around 12000 years ago it wouldn't surprise me at all. Until there is another ice age, I don't think we have too much to worry about from a fault causing an inland sea. Not rapidly anyhow.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155301
12/03/2012 02:23 PM
12/03/2012 02:23 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
drj,
Tennessee valley used to be full of water as well. It's not uncommon to find fossils from an ancient sea bed here.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155302
12/03/2012 02:59 PM
12/03/2012 02:59 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
drj,
Tennessee valley used to be full of water as well. It's not uncommon to find fossils from an ancient sea bed here.
That's a lot older than the times we're talking about. Not sure how long humans have been in the Americas but it isn't any earlier than 40,000 years for sure.

Just about everywhere was under water at some point in the past and such fossils can be found almost anywhere if you dig deep enough. Just depends on the local geology and erosion.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155303
12/04/2012 01:05 AM
12/04/2012 01:05 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
While the alignment may not move an ounce of water on a table top it will be pulling things we can't see. Do we need, or can we do anything about it? Nope!
The fact we can acknowledge it is happening and keep the eyes skinned is more than enough. The gravity on the third planet as he said may be just minuscule in its effect on you and I. However!
Due to the spin of the earth there are about 800 feet of water at the equator. If this Minuscule gravity change causes a 2 degree wobble in the earth to occur then a portion of that water is going where Dry land is now.
More important though is that as 9 Planets align in a single line out from the Sun toward the center of the Cosmos the Sun will possibly flare out as far as Mercury and when that energy strikes the planets it will strike as energy radiation.
Since we on earth use above ground electrical transmission lines they will take that energy that should have hit the ground and reroute it through that grid.
This additional electricity will overload portions of this grid and the operators will begin shutting down their portions to protect their equipment, and prevent run away reactors.
Hope I am wrong, but NASA site has mentioned this for the last year. The strike of an X_level fare emission will totally electrify the Ionosphere and sent a EMP directly to Earth.
While I will be at work next Friday like many of you I will also be prepared to walk home if my modifications to my Auto Computer don't work.

Re: Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Mad #155304
12/04/2012 03:54 AM
12/04/2012 03:54 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
There is NOT going to be any planetary alignment and even if all 8 planets lined up, it would do NOTHING.

End of story.

Solar flares?
Nothing known to be coming in that regard but a large enough solar flare could be pretty bad.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.