12/15/2012 03:52 PM
12/15/2012 03:52 PM
Twilight Zone
T
Total Resistance Offline OP
Total Resistance  Offline OP
T
Twilight Zone
Watching the liar Geraldo on Fox News, 12/15/12 at 2200 est.

There is a special on the CT shooting. The question of where did he get the weapons is being addressed.

Of course Geraldo says he knows many gun collectors but none own M4 rifles, GLOCKs or Sig Sauers because these are just killing machines no sane person would own.

The are saying the mom was worried about SHTF, was a prepper and into preparedness training and taught her son how to shoot.

They are also pushing national ID, cops everywhere to watch us and locking schools down....which didn't work here.

Looks like they are getting things ready to do stuff to us. The only thing they haven't said is the "M" word.

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155317
12/15/2012 04:41 PM
12/15/2012 04:41 PM
San Antonio, TX
Mexneck Offline
Mexneck  Offline
San Antonio, TX
Yea, they're on the fast track. I suspect something monumental after the holidays. Maybe the mass round ups of the first groups. They needed something truly heinous to happen before TDL would start the gun confiscations. Looks like they got it from another gen x on prescription meds.

Well, this is it.
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155318
12/15/2012 04:46 PM
12/15/2012 04:46 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Here we go, Just Dial 1-800-SNICHOUTAPREPPER, That did not take long. Blame the prepper mom, I did not see this one comming.

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155319
12/15/2012 05:12 PM
12/15/2012 05:12 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Originally posted by D308cat:
Here we go, Just Dial 1-800-SNICHOUTAPREPPER, That did not take long. Blame the prepper mom, I did not see this one comming.
Yeah, that sucks. Figure someone somewhere would have to pull a stunt to make the prepper/survivalist look bad since we are getting somewhat positive feedback over the new Discovery channel shows.

The threat is that survivalism can go at least as far into the mainstream as the biker culture has and thus you are not instantly guilty of being a bad guy for being a survivalist, even borderline outlaw survivalist, just like the bikers have become the Quasi-Antiheroes of a fallen society.

I have in mind, maybe some sort of militia/survivalist/prepper themed take on Sons of Anarchy...

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155320
12/16/2012 06:19 AM
12/16/2012 06:19 AM
Ohio
S
Savo1 Offline
Savo1  Offline
S
Ohio
Well of course they are going to bring the preppere part to light, and make them look evil. The government dont like preppers anymore then militia. But with so many people prepping at some level, with the belief that preppers are harmless, They government needs to turn that around. Or when something does happen no one will go to the FEMA camps, And they will have no control over the masses. The problem is many stupid americans will easly follow this lead from the news/propaganda the government like to leak.

Ohio Scout-Trackers - Give me the sign, I'll follow it!
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155321
12/17/2012 02:01 AM
12/17/2012 02:01 AM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline
Flick  Offline
F
Malaysia
Misery loves company.

When the campaign to demonize preppers gets into high gear, non-preppers will not lift a finger or say a word to counter it. In their subconcious minds, they know they'll be up the creek without a paddle in an emergency, and they won't want anyone else to be better off than they will be. It's the ant and the grasshopper except that now the grasshopper has government to level the playing field so that both grasshoppers and ants will be dependent when the time comes.

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155322
12/17/2012 02:58 AM
12/17/2012 02:58 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
http://www.infowars.com/newtown-mur...d-killers-mother-now-a-doomsday-prepper/

Jones has it right...the circle is complete, now they come for the Americans who are preppers... and gun owners as dangerous terrorists...

greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155323
12/17/2012 06:03 AM
12/17/2012 06:03 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline
Administrator
airforce  Offline
Administrator
Tulsa
Not to change the subject, but perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here. When you're busy preparing, you have to be realistic, very realistic, about your needs.

The mother had a collection of firearms to protect herself and her family. She also had a 20-year-old son who she knew was severely unstable. (A year ago, he was burning himself with a cigarette lighter. I'd say that's a pretty good indication that he's mentally unstable.) Yet, she didn't think it would be a good idea to keep her firearms and ammunition locked up in a safe, out of the reach of her mentally unstable son.

It's hard to be objective when it comes to your own loved ones. But if you're making preparations and you're not taking into account a family member with Alzheimer's, or who needs medication on a regular basis, you're not really preparing for anything.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155324
12/17/2012 06:54 AM
12/17/2012 06:54 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
You know, the haters will always hate and that's the way they will be. The "prepper" thing is also getting more popular.

Personally, I have a problem with the kinds of people who always seem fascinated with horror movies more than war movies and shootemups. Seems like it is always a freak like that who is involved when you get some weird sexual thing where someone was grabbing kids and doing bad stuff to them. You have the ongoing publicity campaign to whitewash devil worshippers and they will try to disassociate people like Richard Ramirez when they are caught, I think these things can be handled.

Bad stuff happens within some subcultures from time to time, but when SHTF, people always want to be friends with the survivalist. I think deep down inside the more apprehension that goes on in general about the future, the more people will cling to the survivalists anyway, so whether or not the enemies have some temporary self justification (like they pretend feeling like they did not have it before).

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155325
12/17/2012 07:41 AM
12/17/2012 07:41 AM
West Virginia
A
Asher Offline
Asher  Offline
A
West Virginia
Look its a matter of the haves versus the have nots, the have nots and preppers are haves; we have plans, we have resources and we have the ability to defend ourselves. The entitlement class don't spend their entitlements prepping and so that when they need them they fear those who are. I agree with Flick.

However, we are approaching a time when the lines are drawn and someone somewhere will step across them. That time is fast approaching...

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155326
12/18/2012 03:19 AM
12/18/2012 03:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Psy-Ops War on Preppers: This Has Become a Two-For-the-Price-of-One Crisis

Daisy Luther
The Organic Prepper
December 18, 2012

First of all, where is the headquarters of this “Doomsday Preppers Movement” I’ve been reading about? And where can I sign up? I didn’t realize there was an organized movement, one deserving of capital letters. Who is the leader of this “movement”? I’d like to meet him (or her) immediately!

The propaganda machine is not only going after guns in the wake of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School – this has become a two-for-the-price-of-one crisis, allowing the government and media to yet again, demonize preppers.

Psychological Warfare: Various techniques are used, by any set of groups, and aimed to influence a target audience’s value systems, belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator’s objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics. Target audiences can be governments, organizations, groups, and individuals.

Yesterday the mainstream media began churning out articles about Nancy Lanza, the mother of the shooter, Adam Lanza. When you read the following quotes, ask yourself: “How many of these comments could describe ME?”

A few descriptive quotes:

Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world. (Riehl World View)
According to reports, Nancy Lanza was a so-called ‘prepper’, a part of the survivalist movement which urges individuals to prepare for the breakdown of society by training with weapons and hoarding food and other supplies. ( The UK Independent)
Reports are starting to emerge of the troubled young man and his unusual upbringing. (Yahoo)
Dan Holmes, owner of a landscaping firm who worked on the family’s home, said she was an avid gun collector: ‘She told me she would go target shooting with her kids.’ (UK Daily Mail)
Marsha Lanza described Nancy as ‘self-reliant’.( The UK Independent)
He was reportedly homeschooled by his mother, a school principal and gun enthusiast, who wasn’t satisfied with the education her son was receiving.. (Yahoo)
As America searches for answers, investigators are turning towards Nancy Lanza’s supposed identification as a survivalist. (Yahoo)
Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. (UK Daily Mail)
Mother of Sandy Hook school gunman Adam Lanza was a ‘prepper’ survivalist preparing for economic and social collapse, say reports. ( The UK Independent)
Mrs Lanza is thought to have trained her sons, Adam and Ryan to shoot, even taking them to local ranges. ( The UK Independent)
‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense. She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.’ (UK Daily Mail)

Gee…they say this stuff like it’s a BAD thing.

Let’s see.

Stockpiles (or hoards) food….check.
Takes children target shooting….check.
Preparing for economic and/or social collapse….check.
Serious about home defense….check.
Home is well-fortified against criminals….check.
Skilled with weapons….check.
Survivalist philosophy….check.
Self-reliant….check.
Believes that we are capable of educating our children at home….check.

Nancy Lanza’s description could apply to nearly any prepper. Preppers have been cast in an ugly light for quite some time. We are painted as camo-clad survivalists, clenching a knife in our teeth while unloading an automatic weapon into some real or imagined threat. After our Rambo-esque rampage, we will crouch in the forest by a campfire, shoveling down an MRE while glaring suspiciously into the dark, a large Katana hunting knife close at hand with which to dispatch the next enemy.

The assault on preppers through the media is becoming more and more focused. Let’s look at some recent examples.

We were described last month by emergency manager Valerie Lucus-MacEwen as “socially selfish” – even though the existence of prepared people makes her supplies go further to help the unprepared. In an editorial meant for other emergency managers, Ms. Lucus-MacEwen arrogantly asserted, “You might wonder why someone like me, who has been in the business of encouraging disaster preparedness for a very long time, is so critical of people who are doing just that. It’s because they are being socially selfish – preparing themselves and the hell with everyone else. Instead of spending time and energy making changes that would benefit the larger community, in their very narrow focus of loyalty they are more concerned about themselves.”

The National Geographic program Doomsday Preppers also has had a lot to do with the demonization of preppers – it’s a full-court press propaganda attack against preppers. The program finds the most outrageous examples of preparedness possible and edits to make them look foolish. An article on the American Preppers Network explains the modus operandi:

The show severely skews Preppers in an effort that can be summed up as “making good television”. This is evident not only through viewing the show itself, but through the format they have built the show around. Some highlights of that format include:

Featuring one Prepper for 15 minutes only, ensuring that you don’t get too comfortable with them or learn very much about them
Requiring each guest to pigeon-hole themselves into one thing they are preparing for – almost always a “doomsday” scenario
Creating conflict and drama via their “experts” who review the segment and then condemn or condone what the Prepper has done – all within the context of the “one thing” they’re preparing for

Do you really believe that each of the families on that show only focus on one particular scenario? No – they are portrayed in a way to marginalize the philosophy of preparedness. We, as preppers, are a threat to the powers that be.

One participant on the show, David Sarti, learned that his appearance could have serious ramifications. Mr. Sarti “took one for the team” when, only days after the program aired, however, David Sarti was declared “mentally incompetent”….and his guns were seized. All of them. Mr. Sarti, who has no criminal record, is no longer allowed to own guns. He tells his story here.

Apparently, the constitution no longer applies to those who are categorized as preppers.

The accusation of insanity came after he went to see his cardiologist for some chest pains and shortness of breath. So far, it sounds sane and rational to me. The cardiologist, Dr. Andre C. Olivier, whose name and contact information I am delighted to publish, had Mr. Sarti held at the hospital for psychiatric evaluation and broke doctor patient confidentiality by contacting the authorities.

Then it really went to hell on a greased slide. Mr. Sarti, because of his stay in the psychiatric unit, was then declared “mentally incompetent”. His very large collection of guns was then stolen removed from his possession. He is no longer allowed to own weapons.

Earlier this month, Maryland resident Terry Porter had his home descended upon by 150 armed federal agents and local police officers. The raid also included helicopters, SWAT crews, armored vehicles and excavation equipment.

His crimes? He was known as a prepper, he was unhappy with the reelection of Barack Obama, and he owned guns. He “openly admitted being a prepper.”

So, why all the vilification? Why are preppers the new “boogeymen”? Why are we being pigeonholed as people who homeschool our kids and turn them into mass murderers of elementary school students?

Simple…because we don’t NEED help. We do not require the assistance of the government. We don’t need to line up for 5 hours to wait for a paltry bottle of water and an MRE after a hurricane strikes. We don’t call 911 and hide in a closet waiting for the police to arrive.

Preppers threaten the very existence of all of the social safety nets that are set up. We can’t be easily manipulated by the offer of a free flu shot and a grocery store gift card in exchange for our weapons. We think critically and don’t automatically accept the programming of the mainstream media, whose job it is to provide people with the opinions that they should hold. We don’t shovel in the HFCS-laden genetically modified crap, otherwise known as “food”, killing our brain cells and dumbing us down into cattle to be easily led to slaughter.

We are the last bastion of independent self-reliant thinkers. And the powers that be are very afraid of those who think for themselves, rather than regurgitating the media-presented party line.

I don’t know why Adam Lanza went on a rampage and killed 26 people last week. But I do know that it wasn’t because his mother was a homeschooling prepper who stored up food and taught him to fire a gun at a paper target.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155327
12/18/2012 05:11 PM
12/18/2012 05:11 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Here is something that could have been a possible play in this:

The school shooter apparently killed his mother as she slept and had done a fair amount of "prepping" for his attack, including scrubbing evidence of what may have motivated or influenced him to do this.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...anning-control-former-fbi-180620270.html

What makes this different from other "pissed off guy" mass shootings is that they usually leave some sorts of cryptic warnings beforehand, and then some sort of note or log to be discovered afterward. Usually in the case of someone who was bullied, some sort of log/blog about who they are targeting and why. In this case, it's like someone was in communication with him for a while, activated him, and then made sure that once he was triggered, he would wipe some evidence of the stream of communication before the thing went down.

Given the "theory" that the mother provided the weapons, it is extremely highly unusual that he would have killed her as she slept. If he hated her, then it is likely he would have killed her in a confrontational manner. My guess, if the kid was programmed to kill, the mother would have known who the programmer was, and one of those people picked up near the scene was quite likely the person. The mother got wiped because of the information she knew.

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155328
12/18/2012 05:27 PM
12/18/2012 05:27 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Just saw an article that claimed the mother had talked of committing the boy. Said he was terrified of the idea and snapped.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155329
12/18/2012 07:38 PM
12/18/2012 07:38 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I am trying to tie down sources of other info, but apparently there is something else going on with the rifle being found in the trunk of the car, not on the "shooter" and apparently a very high headshot to wounded ratio among the kids who got shot.

The theory being that there was someone else with an AR who did the killing and was quite the expert, usually hitting smaller children in the head as they ran. The mother apparently is a little bit more of an interesting character, not just a "prepper" but either a current or former employee of DARPA. That's where the high end taste in guns comes from.

There is the apparent question of shooter skill coming up right now, since whoever did this CQB style was going around getting clear headshots, quickly and efficiently, not just someone spraying and cursing because they were pissed at the world.

Have to sort the sorcha faal / Alex Jones bullshit from the real info, but this situation may not be presented to us as it was.

As for having the boy committed, that's a whole touchy issue. I am sure a painfulr decision for any family to feel they need to make about their kids. Could be the boy was fucked up for sure, but there is evidence pointing in some different directions on this.

It goes to the danger of having an obviously unstable person in your midst in a prep/survival situation when that person is a family member or loved one and you can't determine if it is situational stress or an actual personality defect at play with their behavior or potential behavior.

Asperger's is a relatively recent invention in psychological circles, but just a couple days ago I was doing some work at a house where the kid was the type to always be tugging at someone's leg for attention, pressing buttons on stuff, demanding attention and running around. The weather is bad here, so the kid was stuck inside and literally crawling the walls. To make matters worse, I was there to fix the doorbell system for the homeowner, which I made the mistake of not being the last thing to fix. Imagine then going to install a new lock on the door, after the kid has discovered the neat little button and what it does...again, and again, and again and again... as the exhausted parent figured out how to retreat to another room for a short reprieve. You never know in those situation if there is a chemical imbalance or the kid is just hard to train or can't behave, or does not want to behave, or is just going through one of many growing phases and will later become some great athlete or artist. Look at some of the bigtime actors musicians and directors and you know a bunch of them were and still wierdos or were hyperactive kids.

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155330
12/19/2012 01:38 AM
12/19/2012 01:38 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
?? MKULTRA???

Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155331
12/19/2012 04:34 AM
12/19/2012 04:34 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Did anyone else see the chopper video of the cop removing the weapon from the trunk...

I thought it was a M-4 type weapon and watched him remove the magazine...

Then lay it back in the car..

Now they say it was a shotgun...

Does anyone know what type of shotgun they have said it is..

Detachable magazine?...

Maybe someones eyes were better then mine, I still swear I saw a M-4 type..

Just wondering...

greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155332
12/19/2012 07:49 PM
12/19/2012 07:49 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
This whole thing gets weirder every day!

Eight of the funerals were scheduled to take place at this particular church:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/17/us-usa-shooting-connecticut-church-idUSBRE8BG00A20121217

NEWTOWN, Connecticut | Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:04pm EST

(Reuters) - What began as a peaceful and solemn remembrance for victims of the Connecticut shooting massacre was shattered on Sunday by a telephoned bomb threat that forced the evacuation of a Roman Catholic church, deepening the distress of a town in mourning.

The Saint Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church has been a sanctuary for people disturbed by the tragedy in the heavily Catholic town of Newtown, a wealthy suburb surrounded by wooded hills some 80 miles from New York City.

Eight of the funerals for the shooting victims have been scheduled at Saint Rose.

On the direction of police, Monsignor Robert Weiss asked people at the noon Mass service to quickly evacuate on Sunday, two days after the shooting.

The woman sitting next to Gary Zigman collapsed into sobs.

"It was a weirdo add-on to an already horrific weekend," said Zigman, a parishioner whose three grown children attended Sandy Hook, the elementary school where the shooting occurred. "It was too much."

Outside, parishioners stood in the cold, surrounded by journalists and police vehicles. Seven men from a SWAT team emerged from an armored vehicle in fatigues and body armor, carrying rifles and shields.

They searched the church and rectory, finding it was safe to re-enter, though the building would remain closed for the rest of the day, an officer at the scene said.

Police on Sunday also warned of threats and false representations on social media sites, and said they were investigating for possible criminal violations.

The church is about a mile from the Sandy Hook Elementary School, where 20 children and six adults were massacred, after which the shooter then took his own life.

From 7 a.m. on, the Masses were all standing room only. The pews were packed tight and the aisles were so thick with mourners they were nearly impassable.

Parishioners occasionally broke into sobs.

Weiss said he has been meeting with families since the day of the shooting, fielding many questions. "And," he said, "I don't have any answers."

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155333
12/20/2012 08:23 AM
12/20/2012 08:23 AM
Indiana
T
The Mechanic Offline
The Mechanic  Offline
T
Indiana
The news just said the mother of the gunman had been petitioning the courts to have him committed for the last 2 months.

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan
Re: School Shooter's mom was a prepper #155334
12/23/2012 08:59 AM
12/23/2012 08:59 AM
West Virginia
A
Asher Offline
Asher  Offline
A
West Virginia
CSC, any linkage on that blog I want to repost it on a couple survival sites and facebook.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.