01/31/2013 02:03 AM
01/31/2013 02:03 AM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline OP
Flick  Offline OP
F
Malaysia
This is a thread on a LEO forum in which officers are discussing openly and anonymously the current anti-gun agenda and, in particular, the law that passed in New York. I don't know how representative this is of LEOs in general, but it's a useful glimpse into what some are thinking.

Thread

Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155758
01/31/2013 03:53 AM
01/31/2013 03:53 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Very interesting...I got the vibe that though most were against the NY ban...

They weren't willing to stick their necks out...I keep reading "well if you keep your gun in the house, no one will know."

I also read some saying that " It's fine to say you won't arrest folks for weapons, until they start firing officers who don't, then lets see how long you last."

The last post about Sheriff Donahue, I think that was his name...The one who's commentary was hidden behind the Paywall of the newspaper...

What he wrote seems to me to be the majority of how most cops would handle the confiscation order...Don't worry we won't disarm the public of "LEGAL" firearms... The poster makes it clear the way Donahue's article is written that once a gun is made illegal by the feds, Donahue will help the Feds take it...

That'd the way I read that Flick...

I came out the other day, and praised the Torrance county Sheriff, for his written statement that he would not disarm any citizen in his jurisdiction..

But just days later I read his Op-Ed piece in the local paper, where he said "well yes I won't disarm the public, but Universal background checks and mental health check, backgrounds must be required to keep your guns...

I have been in touch with him, and informed him that could be misused to disarm veterans... Or for that matter, anyone who ever said, or did something some Doctor WANTS to say is disturb..

He so far has been resistant to that argument.

So cops are still cops and if they can find an extra law to use to make an arrest or disarm folks..

Some Will....

Greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155759
01/31/2013 05:30 AM
01/31/2013 05:30 AM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline OP
Flick  Offline OP
F
Malaysia
I find it really ironic. They all seem to agree that the proposed gun laws or those passed in New York are wrong. However, when bsd13 keeps trying to get a response to the real question that everyone knows is the heart of the matter, all sidestep it. I can't tell if they're afraid of what their fellow ociffers will think of them or if they can't bring themselves to publicly admit that they're redcoats and/or cowards. They keep talking around the real issue, which is what each of them personally will do.

And then there are comments like this one from tanksoldier: "Just because our forefathers stood their ground in Lexington when the government tried (lawfully) to seize their arms, doesn't mean anybody now will do the same... or maybe they will. ... At the time, shooting at Redcoats was treason. Signing the Declaration of Independence was treason. Today we venerate those who did so as heroes. It all depends on how history plays out." {Excuse me, but what about your flippin' role in how that history plays out?}

And there's this one from Starfleet Officer: "Civil disobedience is great when that happens. Until then, it's just breaking the law. If in the course of that visit you shoot a cop, it's no longer civil disobedience; it's just shooting a cop. This is why we have the Supreme Court.

WTH???

And this guy, Rudy8116, seems to understand at least some of it, but avoids addressing his own complicity (or refusal to comply) in what he calls "an ever increasing oppressive government": "This is becoming more and more a spitting image of the Civil War and the Revolutionary War each day. Parts of it are the citizens standing up to an ever increasing oppresive government in the manner of the Revolutionary War. And state, county, and local officials are standing up for States' Rights which are the result of the Civil War, and a large part of what led to the Civil War."

Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155760
01/31/2013 06:47 AM
01/31/2013 06:47 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
The Greywolf
I also read some saying that " It's fine to say you won't arrest folks for weapons, until they start firing officers who don't, then lets see how long you last."
The way I am thinking is most cops, if they have to decide between violating a man's right including killing him and losing their job, they will violate his rights.

What someone needs to ask on that forum is, If Gun Owners start defending themselves, would you rather be fired or risk losing your life.

There are also these questions that cops need to think about.

What will cops do if they start killing the Gun Owners loved ones and Gun Owners decide to get payback by killing the cops loved ones.

And one more for now.

If Gun Owners instead of waiting for SWAT to break down their door the Gun Owners go on the offensive and go hunting for cops.

And going on the offensive is when Resistance becomes Insurrection.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155761
01/31/2013 10:07 AM
01/31/2013 10:07 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
I neglected to mention, there are two important things that cops need to understand and that goes for that Sheriff.

Losing their jobs or even being killed in the act of confiscating Guns, are not the only things they need to worry about if they violate the Rights of Gun Owners especially if they kill or shoot Gun Owners.

The NY Ban will be going before the Supreme Court, and if cops start enforcing the Ban before the Supreme Court makes it's Ruling and the Supreme Court Rules that the Ban is Unconstitutional the cops who enforced the Law will be Legally fully responsible for everything they did in enforcing the Ban like stealing people's Property, and that especially includes if they Kill any Gun Owners in during the act of stealing the Property, E.G. Magazines.

Those Cops would find themselves facing theft and murder convictions and under the Law they would not be able to use the, I was only enforcing the Law excuse.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it

And they also need to understand the implications of the Nuremberg Trials.

And besides all that to worry about they need to think about what happened with the Tories after Patriots have won the War. They also need to think about what Country they will be able to move to since being on the losing side of a Civil War or Revolution is not very good for a persons well being. They should read about what happened to the losing side of the French Revolution. And what will be even worse for these bastard Law Enforcers is are they Rich Enough to be permitted to live in their chosen new country.

I am very sure that Obama, Biden and the rest of the Ruling Elite are Rich Enough to be accepted by France or whatever Country they decide to escape to, but lower level Commies and Bureaucrats including Law Enforcers who are not among the very rich will not be welcomed with open arms.

I can not see any Country permitting 800,000 American Law Enforcers or anyone else without a sufficient means of support to move there.

I have read that Australia will not let anyone become a permanent resident unless they are rich enough to sufficiently invest in the Country.

So before Law Enforcers start enforcing the Ban they better think long and hard about all the bad things that may and I believe Will happen to them and their loved ones, if the Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional or they are on the Losing Side of the Second American Revolution.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155762
01/31/2013 10:09 AM
01/31/2013 10:09 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
All I saw on that cop talk site was a buncha cops talking in riddles.

They will bend to their masters bidding. On that day there will be dead cops. So be it. In the days following one would hope the next bullseyes will be the chiefs and district attorneys. Perhaps then the state of NY will rethink their blunder.

I doubt it. When more cops shoot more people refusing then I expect full Insurrection.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: LEO thread on recent gun laws and agenda #155763
01/31/2013 12:58 PM
01/31/2013 12:58 PM
Malaysia
F
Flick Offline OP
Flick  Offline OP
F
Malaysia
Originally posted by noname762:
All I saw on that cop talk site was a buncha cops talking in riddles.
And working hard to avoid noticing or mentioning the elephant in the living room.

It makes me wonder where all the Oath Keepers are. I'm not bashing them; I am encouraged to see such an organization. If I were a cop and an Oath Keeper, however, you can be darn sure I'd be on sites like that one trying to make sure the heart issue gets addressed and interject a little sanity.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.