01/31/2013 09:38 AM
01/31/2013 09:38 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Details are still sketchy. He was assaulted by two people, one apparently wearing a protective vest.

A Texas prosecutor who handled drug and homicide cases was shot dead outside of the Kaufman County courthouse by a pair of gunmen, including one who was wearing a bullet proof vest, according to ABC News' Dallas/Fort Worth affiliate WFAA.

The shooting has spurred a complete lockdown of the area and there is a manhunt for two shooters.

Kaufman County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Pat Laney told WFAA that the suspects assaulted the prosecutor on his way in to court at around 8:50 a.m., shooting him multiple times.

The attackers then fled and the courthouse was locked down and closed.

The victim has been identified as Mark Hasse, a longtime prosecutor for the Dallas County District Attorney's Office and current assistant DA for Kaufman County, according to WFAA. He was a felony prosecutor who handled drug and murder cases.

Kaufman County Judge Bruce Wood told WFAA that Hasse was not working on any high-profile cases that would have required extra security. Investigators are looking into his caseload.

The Texas Department of Public Safety sent out an alert for troopers to be on the lookout for a silver "older model" Ford Taurus, according to WFAA. The alert said the suspects are wearing all black and at least one is wearing a tactical vest.

"When you get up into [this] level, you are really attacking society as a whole because our whole society is based on our criminal justice system and getting our day in court," Sheriff David Burn said at a news conference. "This is not how to handle our business."

Helicopters are also involved in the search.

All of the schools in the district are locked down during the manhunt.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155765
01/31/2013 11:41 AM
01/31/2013 11:41 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
I hope the 2 shooters GET AWAY.

I'm sure that prosecutor was more the persecutor and deserved what he got.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155766
01/31/2013 12:15 PM
01/31/2013 12:15 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Murder is not the way to solve a problem. I would guess that it is related to drug cartels.

While drugs are dangerous, if we legalized illicit drugs, it would take the power from the drug cartels and gangs, and drop crime and gun violence as happened after prohibition ended.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155767
01/31/2013 01:04 PM
01/31/2013 01:04 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
I normally dislike prosecutors, and if he was the type of Prosecutor who Persecuted Patriots and other Gun Owners I would be doing the Dance of Joy naked in the middle of I95 well maybe not naked, but in this case if the Shooting was done by a Drug Cartel then I hope the Law Catches the Bastards.

The way things are right now every shooting makes it harder for Patriots and for the cause we care about and we don't need any more problems then we already have, especially because of DRUGS and stinking Drug Dealers.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155768
01/31/2013 02:02 PM
01/31/2013 02:02 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Maybe some prosecutors aren't assholes....maybe...I haven't seen 'em yet though.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155769
02/01/2013 09:23 AM
02/01/2013 09:23 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
No arrests yet in shooting. Investigators are exploring the possibility the Aryan Brotherhood was involved, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence of a link. A reward for information has been increased to $64,500.

The Kaufman County Courthouse remained closed Friday as investigators continued their search for clues in the wake of a brazen fatal shooting of a prosecutor just outside the building a day earlier, officials said.

During a Friday morning briefing, officials of North Texas law enforcement agencies said they were working through leads in the shooting death, which targeted the Dallas-area prosecutor as he headed to work Thursday.

Kaufman Police Chief Chris Aulbaugh said investigators had made no arrests in connection with the shooting of Kaufman County Asst. Dist. Atty. Mark Hasse, 57....

The shooting came the same day U.S. Department of Justice officials publicly thanked Hasse for his help in prosecuting members of the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, but Aulbaugh said investigators have yet to link that case to the shooting.

"We're not ruling out any involvement until we know. We have no specific information that Aryan Brotherhood is a factor here," the police chief said during the briefing. "It seems to be coincidence that this release from DOJ had to do with that case."

He said Hasse had not worked any other recent cases involving the Aryan Brotherhood....

Witnesses have described two suspects who approached Hasse in the courthouse parking lot that morning as dressed in black, wearing masks and tactical vests. They reportedly fled in a brown or silver sedan, possibly a Ford Taurus, but Aulbaugh said there was no additional information available Friday....

He said a Crimestoppers reward for information about the suspects, boosted by a match from the Dallas district attorney’s office Friday, had almost doubled since the day before to $64,500.

"We encourage anyone who may have seen something, call it in to our tip line -- we will follow every lead we receive," Aulbaugh said.

Kaufman County Criminal Dist. Atty. Mike McLelland said the courthouse, placed on lockdown after the shooting, is expected to reopen in a few days.

"This is new territory for everybody," he said.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155770
02/01/2013 09:00 PM
02/01/2013 09:00 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I don't see the AB as quite pulling off a hit like that. It is possible, but not probable. Cartels are really into demonstrating that they have their tactical game on these days, matching SWAT outfits, by the book getaway plan. Smells like Zetas.

What is entirely possible is the AB people called in some favors to get the thing done as a condition of doing business with the Zetas or some other cartel looking for new crews to run their operations in some of the white only areas. That was roughly the theme on the Miami Vice remake movie a few years ago if I remember correctly. AB working with a foreign cartel.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155771
02/02/2013 02:09 AM
02/02/2013 02:09 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I should probably start out by saying that I've dealt with members of the Aryan Brotherhood before. In fact, several years ago a particular vile creature named James Fitzgerald supposedly put out a contract on me with his Aryan brotherhood buddies. Nothing ever came of it, and Mr. Fitzgerald is still sitting on Death Row, where he'll likely die of old age before they get around to juicing him.

In any event, I agree. This doesn't sound like the Aryan Brotherhood to me. My first thought was that, after a lot of talk, the Mexican drug war has finally crossed the border.

I can't see the AB in cahoots with a Mexican drug cartel, or anyone else for that matter. They started out as a prison gang, as far as I know they still do all of their recruiting in prisons, and they just don't play well with others. But things always change, so I reckon we'll see.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155772
02/04/2013 08:08 AM
02/04/2013 08:08 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
No Patriots?!

Sheeeeeiiit.

...Pity.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155773
03/31/2013 03:38 AM
03/31/2013 03:38 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were found shot dead inside their home last night . Investigators believe these murders are related to the Mark Hasse murder.

Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia were found shot dead inside their Forney home on Saturday night, a chilling crime that put law enforcement agencies across Texas on high alert and shook prosecutors, defense attorneys and others in legal circles around North Texas.

Late Saturday night, sources said a .223-caliber assault rifle, similar to an AR-15, was used in the murders, with approximately 14 rounds being fired....

The front door of the McLellands' 3,000 square foot residence was found kicked in, sources added. Kaufman County deputies, the FBI, Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety and Forney police are all involved in the investigation.

"It is very unusual to see public officials killed in this manner," said ABC News senior justice correspondent Pierre Thomas on "Good Morning America." "If prosecutors are being executed, this is a nightmare scenario; so that's why you see the ATF and FBI actively assisting."

Late Saturday night, news media was asked to leave their positions near the house as law enforcement agencies widened the crime scene.

A neighbor told News 8 police were outside the house when she returned home around 9 p.m. Saturday. The neighbor said McLelland and his wife were friendly people.

"I'm very very scared," said Vanessa Hernandez. "It's really hard to imagine something like this happening in the neighborhood."

One district attorney in a neighboring county has already asked for increased security, and the McLelland case could lead to additional measures being taken at courthouses throughout the region.

"This appears to be a bonafide mystery... and a potentially chilling one at that," Thomas said.

According to the district attorney's official biography, the McLellands have five children, one of whom is a Dallas police officer.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155774
03/31/2013 05:08 AM
03/31/2013 05:08 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Very interesting development.

Cartels?
Maybe. They are obviously intent on bringing their war to our nation and already have in reality. Not that the lamestream 5th column would inform the people as such.

Or maybe just someone they really pissed off by using their power improperly and unjustly.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155775
03/31/2013 08:10 AM
03/31/2013 08:10 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Elected officials in north Texas are being given extra security. But they won't say definitively say these murders are linked to the earlier assassination of Mark Haase.

Elected officials outside of Dallas were given extra security Sunday after a local district attorney and his wife were shot to death inside their suburban home, Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes said.

The bodies of Kaufman County District Attorney Michael McLelland and his wife Cynthia were found Saturday, just two months after another prosecutor in the county was murdered on his way to work.

No suspects or motives have been identified in any of the three murders.

Byrnes said it wasn't clear the three murders were connected. "We have nothing indicating that for sure," he said.

But elected officials believe the three murders are linked. "It does appear that these are targeted attacks,'' said Darren Rozell, mayor of Forney, where the district attorney lived.

McLellan, 63, and his wife Cynthia, 65, a psychiatric nurse at a state hospital, were probably killed Friday night when neighbors heard shots that they mistook for thunder during a storm. Friends discovered the bodies Saturday, and the sheriff's office was called about 6 p.m.

WFAA-TV in Dallas reported that 14 shells from a .223 caliber rifle were found at the scene. The station also reported that the district attorney's body was found in the hallway and his wife in a front room. USA TODAY could not independently verify the information.

Investigators have not yet connected to killings to the murder of assistant district attorney Mark Hasse, 57, one of a dozen prosecutors who worked for McLelland.

The FBI and Texas Rangers have joined local authorities in the investigations. Hasse was shot just before 9 a.m. on Jan. 31 after he got out of his car in a parking lot behind the county courthouse on his way to work.

"There will be increased security at the courthouse tomorrow -- visible security," the sheriff said.

"This is unnerving, unnerving to elected officials. It's unnerving to the community at large," Byrnes said.

Investigators in Hasse's shooting had various theories, including the possibility that the violent white supremacist gang, the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, was involved in the killing.

In November, the FBI announced that 34 members of the Aryan Brotherhood, including four senior leaders, were indicted by a federal grand jury in Houston for racketeering.

Robert Kepple, executive director of the Texas District Attorney's Association, said Sunday that law enforcement and his members — about 5,000 prosecutors across the state — received a bulletin late last year from Texas Department of Public Safety, warning that the Aryan Brotherhood might be plotting retaliation against law enforcement officials.

"Our people took notice of that, but it is hard to guard against these kinds of acts,'' said Kepple, who cautioned that investigators had not yet linked the latest killings to gang-related retaliation. "I know that is the working theory, but I don't want to prejudge this.''

The FBI checked to see if Hasse's killing was connected to the Mar. 19 killing of Colorado Department of Corrections chief Tom Clements, who was gunned down after answering the doorbell at his home.

Evan Spencer Ebel, a former Colorado inmate and white supremacist who authorities believe killed Clements and a pizza delivery man two days earlier, was killed in a Mar. 21 shootout with Texas deputies about 100 miles from Kaufman County.

Investigators in that case, however, have not found any links to Hasse's murder. A source who has knowledge of the cases but is not authorized to comment publicly told USA TODAY that investigators compared ballistics evidence in both cases but did not find an immediate match.

Although barely two months separate the Kaufman County slayings, murders of prosecutors are still relatively rare.

Before the Kaufman County cases, the last prosecutor murdered in Texas was Gil Epstein, an assistant district attorney in Fort Bend County near Houston in 1996.

Epstein was shot to death in an armed robbery when authorities said the gunman, Marcus Cotton, noticed Epstein's badge. Cotton was executed in 2004.

McLelland was a former platoon leader and company commander in the U.S. Army infantry. Born in the small town of Wortham, Texas, he'd gone to junior college on a football scholarship and got a history degree from the University of Texas at Austin, according to his biography on the county web site.

He got a degree in psychology and got his law degree while working as a psychologist for the state of Texas. He had five children, including a son who is a Dallas police officer.

McLelland was a "well respected prosecutor who pulled together his staff'' following Hasse's slaying, Kepple said. "He (McLelland) was a strong and good public servant.''
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155776
03/31/2013 10:51 AM
03/31/2013 10:51 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Husband wife team involved with the netherworld of both regular prosecution and civil commitment (locking people up without a standard trial).

Someone out there had decided to settle a score, but realize it had to be someone who had gotten a team together to handle the hits, which rules out some individual sad fellow they just screwed over.

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155777
03/31/2013 12:46 PM
03/31/2013 12:46 PM
illinois
Q
qazycat Offline
qazycat  Offline
Q
illinois
"It is very unusual to see public officials killed in this manner," said ABC News senior justice correspondent Pierre Thomas on "Good Morning America." "If prosecutors are being executed, this is a nightmare scenario; so that's why you see the ATF and FBI actively assisting."

People in power are getting a tad bit nervous that they are the targets. Withdrawing & protecting their own while they send out "hit teams"(my words) to mill about & amoungst us to search for someone not readily found. Sending out blame to groups without knowing more precise facts. Corruption has its consequences.

Forget the ZOMBIES...I hunt CZARS!!!
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155778
03/31/2013 01:59 PM
03/31/2013 01:59 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
It's not exactly my nightmare scenario. It's theirs. Let them wallow in it.

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155779
03/31/2013 03:04 PM
03/31/2013 03:04 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Originally posted by Breacher:
It's not exactly my nightmare scenario. It's theirs. Let them wallow in it.
They don't have a clue about whats coming if they don't stop pushing the wrong buttons.

When the people have finally had enough they'll be put down like dogs.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155780
03/31/2013 05:10 PM
03/31/2013 05:10 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
A TX cop I know says it is looking Aryan Brotherhood, arranged from within prison.

The bullet that killed the CO guy and Hasse match up apparently.

This double homicide done by others, obviously.

I'm sure we'll all be paying attn. to this one.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155781
04/01/2013 02:54 AM
04/01/2013 02:54 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
They don't have a clue about whats coming if they don't stop pushing the wrong buttons.

When the people have finally had enough they'll be put down like dogs.

---------------------------------------------
When one guy gets the butt over being mistreated it is tit for tat. When the people get the butt it is time for politicians to start training for a new job location.
No one likes to think about having folks going into a home and taking out the owners because we all have one, and we all have made enemies. However with billions being spent by these elite Bar members to put away innocents for merit adjustments to their pay we get mixed emotions.
It is going to become entertaining to see how the rush to the door plays out in Texas Justice.

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155782
04/01/2013 03:44 AM
04/01/2013 03:44 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by drjarhead:
A TX cop I know says it is looking Aryan Brotherhood, arranged from within prison.

The bullet that killed the CO guy and Hasse match up apparently.
The Aryan Brotherhood was suspected in the Haase assassination from the start, and the suspect in the Colorado killings (who was himself killed by police) definitely had a prison white supremacist background.

I've known more than a few AB types. Trust me, they were right where they belonged - in the jail. The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.

I'm still leaning towards some drug cartel being responsible for the Texas murders, and the Aryan Brotherhood has always been too independent to be part of any cartel. But maybe that's changing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155783
04/01/2013 04:38 AM
04/01/2013 04:38 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I am thinking it is some other group looking to make a reputation from within the prison system. Anyone already capable of pulling off multiple bank robberies can pull off politically motivated assassinations, but the question which I think is pretty easy to answer, is what brought them to it. They are probably making demands right now but we are not hearing about it on the news.

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155784
04/02/2013 04:16 AM
04/02/2013 04:16 AM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
Looks like they are backing away from the AB tie.

They are saying today that apparently wife opened the door.

Not sure what it is about women. They seem to think a door must be opened just as they think a phone must be answered.

They are surely a weak link in most everyone's security plan.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155785
04/02/2013 04:19 AM
04/02/2013 04:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Not sure what it is about women. They seem to think a door must be opened just as they think a phone must be answered.
Not around here. The first thing I hear from my wife when the phone or the "door bell" rings is "You get it". laugh

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155786
04/02/2013 06:06 AM
04/02/2013 06:06 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
DHS agents last night here in Tulsa were looking for a maroon Suburban, and were pretty vague about why, but they did stress there was "no probable cause for an arrest." Perhaps related, perhaps not.

In any event, what little the authorities do know, they're not talking about. The only thing I can say for certain is that the Kaufman County District Attorney's office has a couple openings, which may be a little difficult to fill.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155787
04/02/2013 09:07 AM
04/02/2013 09:07 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
Kaufman is next door to Dallas, but I'm not aware of anything that important going on in Kaufman. Maybe I need better situational awareness.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155788
04/02/2013 09:25 AM
04/02/2013 09:25 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Kaufman County prosecutors recently helped get indictments on racketeering charges against the leaders of the Aryan Brotherhood, which sort of put the AB in the front of the list of suspects.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155789
04/03/2013 11:34 AM
04/03/2013 11:34 AM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
Rumor of Kaufman County as meth production territory - would that be a link to the Aryan Brotherhood?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Texas Prosecutor Gunned Down Outside Courthouse #155790
04/03/2013 03:49 PM
04/03/2013 03:49 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I wouldn't be a bit surprised. They also have a big hand in heroin trafficking, but these days there's probably more money in meth anyway.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.