04/26/2013 06:41 AM
04/26/2013 06:41 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
We're not involved in enough wars already, so John McCain and Dianne Feinstein, among others, are demanding "action" in Syria after Defense Secretary Hagel confirmed that the Assad regime probably used sarin gas against his own people.

Top-ranking lawmakers on both sides of the aisle declared Thursday that the "red line" in Syria has been crossed, calling for "strong" U.S. and international intervention after administration officials revealed the intelligence community believes chemical weapons were used.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate intelligence committee, were among those urging swift action.

McCain, who has long called for more involvement in Syria, voiced concern that the administration would use "caveats" to avoid acting on the new intelligence. He said America's enemies are paying "close attention" to whether the U.S. follows through, as the White House signaled it wanted to see more proof before responding to the new information.

"I worry that the president and the administration will use these caveats as an excuse not to act right away or act at all," McCain told Fox News. "The president clearly stated that it was a red line and that it couldn't be crossed without the United States taking vigorous action."

He called for the U.S. to help establish a no-fly zone and "safe zone" in Syria, as well as provide weapons to the "right people."

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel first revealed the intelligence assessment, which was detailed in a letter to select members of Congress, while speaking to reporters on a visit to Abu Dhabi. The administration then released those letters, which said U.S. intelligence determined with varying degrees of confidence that "the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale in Syria, specifically the chemical agent sarin."

Secretary of State John Kerry further confirmed that there were two documented instances of chemical weapons use.

The White House, however, stressed that this was not enough to confirm how the nerve gas was released -- though acknowledged it is "very likely" to have originated with the regime of Bashar Assad -- and pressed the United Nations for a "comprehensive" investigation. The letter from the White House director of the Office of Legislative Affairs to leading members of the Senate Armed Services Committee said the assessment was based in part on "physiological samples."

A White House official also urged caution, invoking the Iraq war as an example of why the administration should be absolutely certain before going forward....
Here we go again.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156286
04/26/2013 07:21 AM
04/26/2013 07:21 AM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
I believe that Syria is the last holdout, aside from Iran, still resisting the IMF bankster cabal.

Libya was taken out for its gold, and Egypt is just a mess.

National Israel's leaders believe they will be so much safer surrounded by puppet regimes, and yet there will be neither peace nor safety in the absence of the LORD Jesus Christ.

There will be wars and rumors of wars.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156287
04/29/2013 05:06 AM
04/29/2013 05:06 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
President Obama has changed the "red line."

... “We cannot stand by and permit the systematic use of weapons like chemical weapons on civilian populations,” Obama said today...
Did you catch that word I highlighted in bold? So, we're spared anther war. At least for now.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156288
04/29/2013 02:15 PM
04/29/2013 02:15 PM
San Antonio, TX
10th Amendment Offline
10th Amendment  Offline
San Antonio, TX
Last thing we need is another war especially with this prez.

States Rights
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156289
05/07/2013 07:38 AM
05/07/2013 07:38 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
"We\'re doing a lot more on the ground than really is known..." Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tennessee) also says we'll be arming the Syrian rebels soon. Sen. Corker, who never met a war he didn't like, seems to think this is a good thing. I do not.

Secretary of State John Kerry is in Russia this week to push Russian leadership to take a tougher stance on Syria and Senator Bob Corker, R-Tenn., ranking member on the Senate Foreign Relations committee, said the U.S. will likely act soon to arm the Syrian opposition.

"I do think we'll be arming the opposition shortly," Corker said Tuesday on "CBS This Morning." "We're doing a lot more on the ground than really is known but we do have to change the equation. ... The moderate opposition groups we support are not as good at fighting, they're not as good at delivering humanitarian aid."

The U.S. has publicly pledged non-lethal humanitarian aid to the rebels and American efforts to improve the rebels' fighting capabilities have so far been limited to small-scale training camps in neighboring Jordan. A coalition of Mideast and Western powers including the U.S. reportedly took part in a covert operation to arm the rebels with heavy weaponry in March.

The White House has several options for escalation in Syria, including targeted air strikes and imposing no-fly zones however, according to Sen. Corker and administration officials, arming the rebels is an increasingly likely option.

"We need to change the balance. And [the rebels] need to be to reaching out to the Alawite population that supports Assad. ... If we can cause that to happen Russia will be far more open to some kind of political resolve where Assad is removed," Corker said.

Russia has long been a powerful Syrian ally and has voiced support for President Bashar al-Assad. U.S. officials say Secretary Kerry hopes to address two critical issues in his talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov: America possibly arming the rebels and evidence of possible chemical weapon attacks by the Assad regime.

"We've got to change the balance there and I do think we'll be arming the rebels soon," Corker emphasized, adding that steps must also be taken to plan for an orderly transition of power should Assad be successfully ousted. The Syrian al-Nusra Front, an al Qaeda linked Jihadist group that has claimed responsibility for attacks within Syria, could pose a threat in the case of a post-Assad power struggle in the country, Corker said.

A nightmare would be al-Nusra gaining control of Syria," he said, "We have the extremists ... we've known for a long time which of the groups are more moderate. ... I think it's time for us to begin changing the balance."
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156290
05/12/2013 02:24 AM
05/12/2013 02:24 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm not sure, but I think Vladimir Putin just kicked sand in John Kerry\'s face .

Moscow plans to deliver already contracted ground-to-air missile systems to Syria, Russian officials said Friday, pressing ahead with an arms transfer that U.S. officials say could significantly strengthen Damascus’s ability to ward off an attack....

Russian state television, reporting on Mr. Lavrov’s trip, went beyond the official line: “After the S-300s are put into service, a repeat of the Libyan scenario—the imposition of a no-fly zone over the country—would be extremely difficult,” said the Vesti-24 channel.
Remember back in the 2012 campaign, when Mitt Romney suggested Russia was our biggest geopolitical enemy?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156291
05/12/2013 03:58 AM
05/12/2013 03:58 AM
VA
G
Gunfixr Offline
Not GunnFixr
Gunfixr  Offline
Not GunnFixr
G
VA
I always wondered why anybody thought Russia quit being our enemy.

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
Liberty is a Man-of-War, and we are all crew.

Glock Advanced Armourer
Gunsmith Unique Armament Creations
07/SOT

MOLON LABE
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156292
05/12/2013 07:32 AM
05/12/2013 07:32 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I am starting to question if Syria is really our enemy?

Was the Arab Spring good or bad for America and the world? It only seems good for the NWO.

I am of the belief that Benghazi was weapons trafficking of captured Libyan missiles and heavy weapons to the Syrian rebels through Turkey. Would that be legal or illegal?

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156293
06/04/2013 07:55 AM
06/04/2013 07:55 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
France has confirmed that sarin gas has been used in Syria.

There is no doubt Syria's government has used sarin during the country's crisis, says France's foreign minister.

Laurent Fabius said lab tests in Paris confirmed numerous uses of the nerve agent, adding that those who resort to chemical weapons must be punished.

But he did not specify where or when the agent had been deployed; the White House has said more proof was needed.

Earlier, the UN said there were "reasonable grounds" to believe chemical weapons had been used.

In a new report, the UN commission of inquiry on Syria also urged foreign powers not to increase the availability of arms in Syria....

Mr Fabius said various samples taken from unspecified locations in Syria and tested in France showed the presence of sarin.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said: "We need to expand the evidence we have."

"There is no doubt that it's the regime and its accomplices" that were responsible, he told France 2 television in an interview.

Mr Fabius said the test results had been handed to the UN.

"All options are on the table," he added. "That means either we decide not to react or we decide to react including by armed actions targeting the place where the gas is stored."

The tests came after journalists for French newspaper Le Monde smuggled blood samples out of Syria after witnessing what they believed was a chemical attack in April.

Sarin, an extremely potent chemical nerve agent, is colourless and odourless. The use of chemical weapons is banned by most countries.

Both the Syrian government and the rebels have in the past accused each other of using the weapons.

The US was continuing its effort to gather evidence about the likely use of chemical weapons, the White House said on Tuesday....
It seems like just a matter of time before we jump into the fray.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156294
06/05/2013 03:58 AM
06/05/2013 03:58 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
68% of Americans oppose intervening in the Syrian civil war. 51% oppose arming the rebels.

The problem is, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party have merged into one single party, the War Party.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156295
06/05/2013 04:22 AM
06/05/2013 04:22 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I see no value in entering the fight in Syria. I would not be surprised if the rebels used the gas on themselves to gain political support.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156296
06/05/2013 06:15 AM
06/05/2013 06:15 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Archangel1:
I see no value in entering the fight in Syria.
No, but Susan Rice no doubt does, and she's about to become president Obama\'s next National Security Adviser . Though she is probably best known for the, um, misleading reasons she gave for the Benghazi debacle, she was pretty much the architect for U.S. intervention in Libya.

For those wondering, the post of National Security Adviser does not require Senate confirmation.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156297
06/10/2013 04:44 PM
06/10/2013 04:44 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Syrian rebels - who we may be arming soon - have just executed a 14-year-old boy for blasphemy . Yeah, we really need to be supporting these guys. :rolleyes:

Islamist rebel militiamen in Syria publicly executed a 14-year-old boy for mentioning the name of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad in a way they deemed blasphemous, according to the activist Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The Observatory first reported Muhammad Qatta’s death in the Shaar neighborhood of Aleppo yesterday, and said it released two videos showing his parents today to authenticate it. In one video, a woman identified as the boy’s mother, said she witnessed his death. “His blood flowed in front of me,” she said, her head covered with a large flowing scarf.

The Syrian National Coalition, the main political opposition, said in an e-mailed statement that if the report was true, the killing would be considered “a crime against humanity and a blatant violation of human rights.”

The woman in the video said Qatta was 14 and sold coffee to help support the family. A man identified as his father said in another video that his son was telling someone who wanted to pay for coffee later that he cannot lend anyone anything, even if “Muhammad comes back to earth.”

The man in the video said three gunmen overheard Qatta and asked him why he was saying something blasphemous. He said they took his son away for 30 minutes and then came back with him. He was at home praying when he heard the three shots that killed Qatta, he said. The family has filed a complaint with a sharia committee, the man said....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156298
06/13/2013 04:14 AM
06/13/2013 04:14 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Bill Clinton says Obama is "too cautious" in Syria , and could end up looking "like a total fool." According to Clinton, when polls say Americans are against intervention in Syria, they don't really mean it.

No, I think we really mean it.

... If Clinton had ever blamed a lack of action because “there was a poll in the morning paper that said 80 percent of you were against it … you’d look like a total wuss,” he said. “And you would be. I don’t mean that a leader should go out of his way or her way to do the unpopular thing, I simply mean when people are telling you ‘no’ in these situations, very often what they’re doing is flashing a giant yellow light and saying, ‘For God’s sakes, be careful, tell us what you’re doing, think this through, be careful.”

Clinton continued, “But still they hire their president to look around the corner and down the street, and you just think - if you refuse to act and you cause a calamity, the one thing you cannot say when all the eggs have been broken, is that, ‘Oh my God, two years ago there was a poll that said 80 percent of you were against it.’ Right? You’d look like a total fool. So you really have to in the end trust the American people, tell them what you’re doing, and hope to God you can sell it” and that it turns out okay in the end....
Yeah, because all the other wars we've been involved in lately sure turned out well, didn't they?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156299
06/13/2013 03:53 PM
06/13/2013 03:53 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Is it time to wag the dog?

It's funny how it works. The same day Bill Clinton was impeached, he started bombing Iraq. And now, with multiple scandals facing him, the Obama administration says that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons against the Syrian rebels .

U.S. and European officials have determined that the Syrian government has deployed chemical weapons against rebels, the White House has confirmed.

The White House notified lawmakers on Thursday that they have determined chemical weapons have been used.

The White House previously acknowledged that chemical weapons had been likely deployed, but they needed further confirmation. Obama had called thepotential use of chemical weapons by Syrian President Bashar Assad a "red line" that would spur further action by the U.S.

The president "has said the use of chemical weapons would change his calculus and it has," said Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes.
Rather convenient timing, don't you think?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156300
06/13/2013 05:09 PM
06/13/2013 05:09 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
"Nothing ever happens by chance." - FDR

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156301
06/14/2013 03:35 AM
06/14/2013 03:35 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, that was quick. The BBC is reporting the Obama admi...ect military aid to the rebels in Syria.

The US is to supply direct military aid to the Syrian opposition for the first time, the White House has announced.

President Obama made the decision after his administration concluded Syrian forces under Bashar al-Assad were using chemical weapons, a spokesman said.

Ben Rhodes did not give details about the military aid other than to say it would be "different in scope and scale to what we have provided before".

The US had warned any use of chemical weapons would cross a "red line".

The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says the US announcement is one that the Syrian opposition has been pushing and praying for for months.

It seems clear that President Obama has finally been persuaded, as Britain and France have argued, that the battlefield cannot be allowed to tilt strongly in the regime's favour, as is currently happening, he adds....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156302
06/14/2013 04:15 AM
06/14/2013 04:15 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Is Obama Starting A War With Syria Just To Distract Us From All The Scandals?

Michael Snyder
Economic Collapse
June 14, 2013

Well, isn’t that convenient? At the moment when the Obama administration is feeling more heat then ever before, it starts another war. Suddenly everyone in the mainstream media is talking all about Syria and not about the IRS scandal, Benghazi,NSA snooping or any of the other political scandals that have popped up in recent weeks. As if on cue, Obama made headlines all over the globe on Thursday by claiming that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons against the rebels “multiple times”, and that the U.S. was now ready to do more to assist the rebels. That assistance is reportedly going to include “military support” for the rebels and a no-fly zone over at least part of Syria is being discussed. Without a doubt, these are acts of war, and this conflict is not going to end until Assad has been ousted. But Assad will not go quietly. And all it would take is for Assad to fire a couple of missiles at Tel Aviv for a huge regional war to erupt in the Middle East. And what happens if Russia or China decides to get involved in the conflict in Syria? Obama is playing with fire, but he has shown again and again that he is willing to do virtually anything if it will benefit him politically.

As far as the Obama administration is concerned, there is no such thing as a coincidence. The timing of this announcement regarding Syria was not an accident. If Obama wanted to use chemical weapons as an excuse to go after Syria he could have done it weeks ago, or he could have waited several more months before taking action. He chose to do it right now for a reason, and hopefully the American people will be able to see right through this.

So exactly what are we going to be doing for the Syrian rebels? Well, we will definitely be arming them and training them. And it is probably reasonable to assume that there will be American “advisers” on the ground inside Syria helping to organize the Syrian resistance. In fact, according to Debka, a large U.S. Marine force has already been deployed to the Jordanian border with Syria.

In addition, according to the Wall Street Journal, U.S. aircraft may be involved in enforcing a no-fly zone inside Syria…

A U.S. military proposal for arming Syrian rebels also calls for a limited no-fly zone inside Syria that would be enforced from Jordanian territory to protect Syrian refugees and rebels who would train there, according to U.S. officials.

Asked by the White House to develop options for Syria, military planners have said that creating an area to train and equip rebel forces would require keeping Syrian aircraft well away from the Jordanian border.

To do that, the military envisages creating a no-fly zone stretching up to 25 miles into Syria which would be enforced using aircraft flown from Jordanian bases and flying inside the kingdom, according to U.S. officials.

No matter how you slice it, the United States is now in a state of war with Syria. The only question is how “involved” we are going to get.

And several prominent Republicans are already rushing forward to applaud Barack Obama on this latest move. The following comes from aCBS News report…

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who met with the rebels last month and has been a vocal critic of the president’s Syria policy said in a joint statement with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.: “We appreciate the President’s finding that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons on several occasions. We also agree with the President that this fact must affect U.S. policy toward Syria. The President’s red line has been crossed. U.S. credibility is on the line. Now is not the time to merely take the next incremental step. Now is the time for more decisive actions.”

But you know what? Many of these Syrian rebels have actually pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda.

Yes, you read that correctly.

The whole point of the “war on terror” was to supposedly fight al-Qaeda, but now the U.S. military is allied with them.

Why in the world would we want to help the people who are supposed to be our greatest global enemy?…

A Syrian rebel group’s pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda’s replacement for Osama bin Laden suggests that the terrorist group’s influence is not waning and that it may take a greater role in the Western-backed fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The pledge of allegiance by Syrian Jabhat al Nusra Front chief Abou Mohamad al-Joulani to al-Qaeda leader Sheik Ayman al-Zawahri was coupled with an announcement by the al-Qaeda affiliate in Iraq, the Islamic State of Iraq, that it would work with al Nusra as well.

Lebanese Sheik Omar Bakri, a Salafist who says states must be governed by Muslim religious law, says al-Qaeda has assisted al Nusra for some time.

“They provided them early on with technical, military and financial support , especially when it came to setting up networks of foreign jihadis who were brought into Syria,” Bakri says. “There will certainly be greater coordination between the two groups.”

This group of jihadists has been responsible for car and suicide bombings all over Syria, and they are the ones that have been doing the heaviest fighting on the front lines…

When the group Jabhat al Nusra first claimed responsibility for car and suicide bombings in Damascus that killed dozens last January, many of Syria’s revolutionaries claimed that the organization was a creation of the Syrian government, designed to discredit those who opposed the regime of President Bashar Assad and to hide the regime’s own brutal tactics.

Nearly a year later, however, Jabhat al Nusra, which U.S. officials believe has links to al Qaida, has become essential to the frontline operations of the rebels fighting to topple Assad.

Not only does the group still conduct suicide bombings that have killed hundreds, but they’ve proved to be critical to the rebels’ military advance. In battle after battle across the country, Nusra and similar groups do the heaviest frontline fighting. Groups who call themselves the Free Syrian Army and report to military councils led by defected Syrian army officers move into the captured territory afterward.

The prominence of Nusra in the rebel cause worries U.S. and other Western officials, who say its operations rely on the same people and tactics that fueled al Qaida in Iraq – an assertion that is borne out by interviews with Nusra members in Syria.

These are no “freedom fighters”. In fact, if these guys take over they will be much worse than Assad. These “rebels” recently massacred an entire villages of Christians, and just two days ago they slaughtered a 14-year-old boy for supposedly insulting Mohammed…

The rebels, according to ABC News’ reconstruction of the Syrian groups’ reports, appear to have whipped Qatta. When they brought him back to where they’d taken him, his head was wrapped by a shirt.

The rebels waited for a crowd to gather; Qatta’s parents were among them. Speaking in classical Arabic, they announced that Qatta had committed blasphemy and that anyone else who dared insult the Prophet Mohammed would share his fate. Then, the shirt still wrapped around the boy’s head, the rebels shot him in the mouth and neck.

Is this really who the U.S. government wants to be allies with?

Are we that stupid?

And guess what? According to the Los Angeles Times, the Obama administration is considering plans to bring all of the poor “refugees” that are allied with these “rebels” to the United States…

Two years into a civil war that shows no signs of ending, the Obama administration is considering resettling refugees who have fled Syria, part of an international effort that could bring thousands of Syrians to American cities and towns.

A resettlement plan under discussion in Washington and other capitals is aimed at relieving pressure on Middle Eastern countries straining to support 1.6 million refugees, as well as assisting hard-hit Syrian families.

But now we are committed to this conflict thanks to Obama.

There will be no backing down until Assad is gone.

Of course this could create a huge regional war in the Middle East or even eventually lead to World War III, but Obama doesn’t seem to care.

For now, Obama is saving his own skin, and that is the most important thing to him.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156303
06/14/2013 04:19 AM
06/14/2013 04:19 AM
San Antonio, TX
Mexneck Offline
Mexneck  Offline
San Antonio, TX
I'm curious if this is just a continuing smoke screen to tie up US troops overseas? If so that leaves DHS to take on the brunt of "domestic terrorist" duties. We all know how the DHS feels about Freedom in America. Don't forget about O's little brownshirt army that is being recruited out of the job corps. Look up citizen corps on the DHS website and tell me the hairs on the back of your neck don't stand on end.
The end game is not Syria, it is America.

Well, this is it.
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156304
06/14/2013 07:52 AM
06/14/2013 07:52 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT.

Here are those Syrian rebels we\'ll soon be helping. A little over one gut-wrenching minute.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156305
06/14/2013 10:28 AM
06/14/2013 10:28 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I question whether WMDs have been used by Assad. He would be a fool to use them with the treats of the US and others. Something sticks.

A flyover policy will lead to issues with Russia and China, plus open up potential attacks on Israel. It is too convenient that Turkey is now on fire and our government wants to supply arms to the Syrian rebels which appear to be Al Qaida.

Why is O in such hurry to tear down every government in the Middle East and install a fundamentalist Islamic government? Gadhafi's government seemed more dictatorship than Islamic fundamentalist. Assad seems more dictator as well. Tunisia and Egypt are now Islamic fundamentalist. Yemen and Turkey are going that way. Iraq is more fundamentalist than under Saddam. Kuwait and Bahrain both had protests by the Islamic groups. There are stories that Jordan is having trouble. 9/11 was the act of Saudi nationals. The Palestinians have gotten bolder and launched missiles earlier this year. Somalia, Mali and Algeria are problematic.

On top of this, we find the US executive branch has been involved in a number of scandals that target American citizens for political reasons and seem to put in place the means to label and incarcerate citizens as terrorists if they disagree with government policies that are unconstitutional.

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156306
06/14/2013 07:44 PM
06/14/2013 07:44 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
"WMD" is just another type of munition. Gas rockets were popular wares on the international arms market at one time, before precision guided munitions became the "in thing". Internationally banning one and not the other on "humanitarian terms" is a bit hypocritical when your country happens to be in the business of manufacturing, selling and deploying one and not the other. The real questions involve intentional targeting of noncombatants, and it appears everyone involved in that conflict is entirely guilty as charged on that note.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156307
06/17/2013 03:28 AM
06/17/2013 03:28 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Russia, which still had veto power in the United Nations, will not allow a no-fly zone over Syria.

...Russia and the United States are trying to bring representatives of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his foes to the negotiating table, but Moscow has criticized U.S. plans to arm rebel forces and to consider imposing a no-fly zone.

"All these maneuvers about no-fly zones and humanitarian corridors are a direct consequence of a lack of respect for international law," Lukashevich said.

He said Russia did not want a scenario in Syria that resembled the events in Libya after the imposition of a no-fly zone which enabled NATO aircraft to help rebels overthrow Muammar Gaddafi.
Saying this sort of makes me throw up in my mouth, but the Russians have a point.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156308
06/17/2013 03:56 AM
06/17/2013 03:56 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I don't think that we should have gotten involved in Libya and certainly not in Syria right now. The new president in Iran might be willing to step problems back from the brink and all the while the west is ratcheting up war in Syria. I just don't see why France is pushing so hard in Syria to get the US into the fight.

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156309
06/17/2013 04:54 AM
06/17/2013 04:54 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Archangel1:
The new president in Iran might be willing to step problems back from the brink...
The Mullahs run everything in Iran. The new Iranian president may be a "moderate," at least compared to Ahmadinejad, but he really doesn't wield a lot of power. Iran's constitution gives overriding authority to a Shiite clergyman over politics, cultural affairs, domestic affairs, the military, foreign policy, and the economy. And Ayatollah Ali Khamenei isn't going anywhere.

The last I heard, Iran was going to send another 4000 troops to Syria. Hezbollah has already been there for a while.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156310
06/19/2013 11:19 AM
06/19/2013 11:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
"Here in Oceania it is easy to get confused about who the enemy du jour is. Are we fighting Eastasia or Eurasia this year? Let me try to get this straight: Is Al Qaeda our ally enemy ally? In the 1980s, while Russia was busily carpet bombing Afghanistan, our CIA cowboys were copiously funding and arming Al Qaeda. But then, after 9/11/2001 Bin Laden's buckaroos were declared the absolute persona non grata bad boys of the planet and thence became multiple JDAM award winners. But, wait! Fast forward 12 years... and now we are about to arm Al Qaeda in Syria. (But not invade Syria, because that might be considered undiplomatically rude and might enrage the Muslims.) Pardon me for being confused. I suppose that I need to re-read Eric Blair's textbook again, catch up on the updates to Newspeak and get back in the BHO-approved Ministry of Peace Groupthink. (I'd hate to unwittingly commit a thoughtcrime.)"

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156311
06/20/2013 04:39 AM
06/20/2013 04:39 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
"Here in Oceania it is easy to get confused about who the enemy du jour is...."
It's getting harder and harder to tell the players apart. With Iran (and their surrogates, Hezbollah) actively fighting with Assad's forces (who helped the Ba'athists throughout the Iraq debacle), this thing is threatening to reignite the Shi'a-Sunni conflict throughout the Middle East. I really, really don't think that's something we want to get involved in.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156312
06/20/2013 12:38 PM
06/20/2013 12:38 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
So the question becomes "incompetence or purposeful?"

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156313
06/20/2013 04:02 PM
06/20/2013 04:02 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
I vote for incompetence. I'll give him credit, Obama seems less excited about the Syrian war than many others (such as John McCain).

For senators, including Rand Paul (R-KY), Tom Udall (D-NM), Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Mike Lee (R-UT), have introduced legislation to prevent any military funds from going to Syria.

Title: To restrict funds related to escalating United States military involvement in Syria.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Protecting Americans from the Proliferation of Weapons to Terrorists Act of 2013”.

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON FUNDS TO ESCALATE UNITED STATES MILITARY INVOLVEMENT IN SYRIA.

(a) In General.—Except as provided under subsection (b), no funds made available to the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, or any other agency or entity of the United States involved in intelligence activities may be obligated or expended for the purpose of, or in a manner which would have the effect of, supporting, directly or indirectly, military or paramilitary operations in Syria by any nation, group, organization, movement, or individual.

(b) Exception.—The prohibition under subsection (a) does not apply to funds obligated for non-lethal humanitarian assistance for the Syrian people provided directly by the United States Government, through nongovernmental organizations and contractors, or through foreign governments.

(c) Duration of Prohibition.—The prohibition under subsection (a) shall cease to apply only if a joint resolution approving assistance for military or paramilitary operations in Syria is enacted.

(d) Quarterly Reports.—Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and every 90 days thereafter, the Secretary of State shall submit to Congress a report on assistance provided to groups, organizations, movements, and individuals in Syria.

(e) Non-lethal Humanitarian Assistance Defined.—In this Act, the term “non-lethal humanitarian assistance” means humanitarian assistance that is not weapons, ammunition, or other equipment or material that is designed to inflict serious bodily harm or death.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156314
06/21/2013 04:18 AM
06/21/2013 04:18 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, that didn't take long. Syrian rebels say they have received anti-air and anti-tank weapons. They say this will be a turning point in the civil war.

Syrian rebels have received heavy weapons -- including anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles -- from "brotherly nations that support the Syrian revolution," a rebel spokesman said Friday.

Free Syrian Army political and media coordinator Louay Almokdad told CNN during a phone call from Istanbul that Free Syrian Army leaders believe the weapons "will be a turning point" in the war against government forces "and will definitely change the rules of the war on the ground."

The issue of providing military assistance to Syrian rebels is expected to be further addressed Saturday at a "Friends of Syria" meeting in Doha, Qatar, which will be attended by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.

The White House has not publicly specified what steps it would take to support members of Syria's opposition, though sources have told CNN that small arms, ammunition and possibly anti-tank weapons would be part of the assistance package.
Arming Syria's opposition
Obama, Putin disagree on Syrian solution

Syrian rebels have long sought anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons, saying they are outgunned by President Bashar al-Assad's military.

The White House announcement this month that it was increasing the "size and scope" of its material support to Syrian rebels came after months of political debate over the U.S. role in the conflict. Great Britain and France were strong backers of the May decision to end the European Union arms embargo on Syria, and all three countries have asserted that al-Assad's regime used chemical weapons.

Al-Assad has denied the assertion....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156315
06/26/2013 04:35 AM
06/26/2013 04:35 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
This is the real story folks...

Yes The government has been reading all of our emails and listening to our calls...

Yes that is tyranny and criminal..

Yes they should be arrested tried and sentenced...

But the REAL story is Syria and the fact that the media, and everyone else is being distracted by a story ( wiretapping by the NSA) that has been out there since 2006 at least...

Many stories on this, from many sources, over many years..

But Syria, and all the rest of the middle east is the beginning of WWIII...

We know that they have been war drumming Syria for months now..

We know the the Rebels, (who our government supports) were the ones who used gas against citizens..

We know after that came out our government went silent for a while, and then came up with now new evidence of "Assad's gas treachery"...

But the truth is we are funding and perpetrating this war...

The truth is Russia and China (by proxy, I'll explain in a minute.) are on Assad's side...

The truth is Obama feels the time is right to consolidate his power over the world...Not just us...( we are already doomed if we as a people are not in the streets to remove this tyrant)...

We know the goal is Iran, and Iran has a joint protection agreement with Syria...

We know they have been building troops to honor that agreement..

We also know Russia and China are backing Iran, so by Proxy backing Assad..

We know Obama believes in the destruction of the US, but wishes to gain power in the world..

The trick is how will he do it..

By dragging us into a war against all the world ( I still haven't figured out how he can pull this off) Any ideas?..

Or just destroying us from the inside while bankrupting us in world conflict..(This one he is already doing, but is it his end game)..

How will this play out?..

Will we be pulled into a world wide conflict, or just doomed by financial bankruptcy?..

Or is there another more dastardly plan?

Guys always say, "they are just fools, and have no plan"...That is untrue, these guys have been thinking in decades, while we plan day to day..

They are masters of the world control chess game..

We should have been looking at every news story in future goals instead of what it meant that day...

They are almost at check mate, this is not "Wargames" the movie.. To not play is no longer the right move for us, and they no longer fear Nuclear destruction..

because they ALL have the same goal...ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT...

The only move we have is the one they think could no longer happen in this country..Revolt, masses of people in the streets....

They are pretty wise to think that folks will not stand up..

Look how easy they stopped the Tea Party movement and the Occupy movement..

They have the folks so in their control financially, mentally and in some cases physically.

They do not fear the people, because they can starve you out in a NY minute..

They can financially crush you with the click of a key board..

They can mentally destroy you by government oppression (IRS, FBI, HHS, TSA, EPA, CPS, and even your local PD...

They can physically, secretly, kill you with a Drone, or a needle to the neck, car crash, suicide, or GITMO...

I have more but...

I have to stopped there for now...I have to meet with some folks, so I will get back to this later...

Till then ....

Your thoughts?..

Greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156316
06/26/2013 05:34 AM
06/26/2013 05:34 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
If that's Obama's goal, he sure has a bunch of help from people like John McCain. But I'm gradually coming to the opinion that Obama really doesn't have any nefarious goals. He's not smart enough to, and even if he was, he's too incompetent to see them through without a lot of help. The one thing he has accomplished - ObamaCare - was really Harry Reid's doing, not his. And he would be getting nowhere on Syria without John McCain.

Another thing Edward Snowden showed us, is just how much respect Obama gets from China and Russia. Both of them thumbed their noses at him. If there is one thing Obama has done, it's to make the U.S. irrelevant as a world power. How's that for "smart diplomacy?"

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156317
06/26/2013 07:25 AM
06/26/2013 07:25 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Originally posted by airforce:
If that's Obama's goal, he sure has a bunch of help from people like John McCain. But I'm gradually coming to the opinion that Obama really doesn't have any nefarious goals. He's not smart enough to, and even if he was, he's too incompetent to see them through without [b]a lot of help. The one thing he has accomplished - ObamaCare - was really Harry Reid's doing, not his. And he would be getting nowhere on Syria without John McCain.

Another thing Edward Snowden showed us, is just how much respect Obama gets from China and Russia. Both of them thumbed their noses at him. If there is one thing Obama has done, it's to make the U.S. irrelevant as a world power. How's that for "smart diplomacy?"

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
Obama has done exactly what he promised. He and his cronies implemented Cloward-Pivens on a worldwide basis. There is nothing here regarding diplomacy.

The senate is truly the den of snakes and thieves and you can add many names to the list including Reid and McCain.

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156318
06/27/2013 03:49 AM
06/27/2013 03:49 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
AirForce, all you have to do is look how both sides of the aisle rallied against Snowden...

They are in complete sinc, when it comes to someone endangering their power. This includes the media from Fox to MSNBC who are spouting the Traitor line...

I know,we want to believe there is no grand conspiracy, and maybe it is for some of the culprits not intentional conspiracy..

But they are working together and it shows..

I believe Obama is a puppet, just as Bush was.. But one who believes, and is lead to believe, he is in charge...

I think sometime they wish he shut up.

He is kind of like the Casino front man of the Mob days..

As are most of the other politicians, the real control is the money backers and the shadow government, the people who run and set the agendas of the NSA and most of the other groups...

Is it one guy?...

No I doubt it, it is more than likely a group..Maybe one guy leads the group, but not in the way we think.

I don't believe Russia and China are good guys in this, I just believe, for them it's a chance to bloody our nose and remain clean..

But Putin and Obama serve the same master...that master is power.

Greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156319
06/27/2013 04:01 AM
06/27/2013 04:01 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by The Greywolf:
But Putin and Obama serve the same master...that master is power.

Greywolf
Bingo.

As you point out, I'm not inclined to believe in some grand conspiracy theory involving the Illuminati, or the Freemasons, or the Rothschilds, or anybody. If these guys really were in charge, then they're pretty damn inept. But power? Yep, that's what the politicians want. And the only way they can get more of it is by taking it from The People.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156320
06/27/2013 07:35 AM
06/27/2013 07:35 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) has intro...uthorized military aid to Syrian rebels. The junior senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul, introduced a similar bill in the Senate a few days ago.

WASHINGTON – Today, Representative Massie and nine other House members introduced legislation to block unauthorized U.S. military aid to Syrian rebels.

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution gives Congress—not the President—the power to declare war. But the President recently announced his intention to send arms to the rebels in Syria fighting President Bashar al-Assad’s regime. H.R. 2507, the War Powers Protection Act of 2013, prohibits any military assistance to Syrian opposition forces unless Congress issues a formal declaration of war pursuant to Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

“Since our national security interests in Syria are unclear, we risk giving money and military assistance to our enemies,” said Rep. Massie. “Additionally, all military action must be authorized by Congress. The American people deserve open debate by their elected officials.”

“America can no longer afford to be the world’s policeman, particularly where our sacrifices of American lives and treasury are not properly appreciated. America should not have intervened in Libya’s civil war and should not intervene in Syria’s civil war. America’s involvement in Middle Eastern civil wars creates fertile recruiting grounds for terrorists who seek to kill Americans. At least four Americans are dead in Libya, in part, because of America’s intervention in their internal strife. The unanswered question is how many Americans will die because of terrorist enemies we create or empower in Syria,” said Rep. Brooks (AL-05).

“The Constitution empowers Congress—and only Congress—to declare war. Congress has not declared war against Syria or otherwise authorized force in that country, yet the President unilaterally has decided to arm the Syrian rebels. His action is unconstitutional and must be stopped,” said Rep. Amash (MI-03).

“I am deeply concerned over President Obama’s unilateral decision to arm the Syrian rebels. While Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s actions are nothing short of reprehensible, we simply do not know enough about the goals and objectives of the rebel factions to justify intervention by the United States. We could very well be jeopardizing our national security interests by sending weapons to a group with reported ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaeda. History has shown us too often that when we arm extremist groups in the Middle East, we can expect to have those weapons used against us or our allies at a later date,” said Rep. DesJarlais (TN-04).

“If we had acted earlier, it may have been different, but now there is a tyrant on one side and al-Qaeda backed rebels on the other, which is a no-win situation. Neither our troops nor funding nor weapons should be wedged into the middle of a no-win situation,” said Rep. Gohmert (TX-01).

“We cannot continue to spend American money overseas without a vote of approval from Congress,” said Rep. Jones (NC-03). “For too long, the legislature’s responsibility to authorize military force has been overlooked. It is time that we uphold the Constitution, which makes it clear in Article 1, Section 8 that Congress alone holds the power to declare war.”

“To think we can guarantee any assistance we provide won't come to the aid of the groups that mean us harm is naïve at best and fatal at worst. Solidifying Congress’s War Powers authority will force transparency and accountability in the president's Syria policy,” said Rep. Yoho (FL-03).

View the War Powers Protection Act of 2013 in its entirety here .

###
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: "Red Line Crossed" in Syria #156321
06/30/2013 01:41 PM
06/30/2013 01:41 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
A Catholic priest and two other men were beheaded by Syrian rebels.

On Sunday, June 23 the Syrian priest François Murad was killed in Gassanieh, in northern Syria, in the convent of the Custody of the Holy Land where he had taken refuge. This is confirmed by a statement of the Custos of the Holy Land sent to Fides Agency. The circumstances of the death are not fully understood. According to local sources, the monastery where Fr. Murad was staying was attacked by militants linked to the jihadi group Jabhat al-Nusra.

Father François, 49, had taken the first steps in the religious life with the Franciscan Friars of the Custody of the Holy Land, and with them he continued to share close bonds of spiritual friendship. After being ordained a priest he had started the construction of a coenobitic monastery dedicated to St. Simon Stylites in the village of Gassanieh.After the start of the Civil War, the monastery of St. Simon had been bombed and Fr. Murad had moved to the convent of the Custody for safety reasons and to give support to the remaining few, along with another religious and nuns of the Rosary.

"Let us pray," writes the Custos of the Holy Land Pierbattista Pizzaballa OFM " so that this absurd and shameful war ends soon and that the people of Syria can go back to living a normal life." Archbishop Jacques Behnan Hindo, titular of the Syrian Catholic archeparchy in Hassaké-Nisibis reports to Fides: "The whole story of Christians in the Middle East is marked and made fruitful by the blood of the martyrs of many persecutions. Lately, father Murad sent me some messages that clearly showed how conscious he was of living in a dangerous situation, and offered his life for peace in Syria and around the world. "

This should make it clear to Christians around the world what jihadists are about. Make no mistake. Catholics and Christians around the globe are under dire threat, particularly from the spread of militant Islam. Until the threat is recognized and taken seriously, martyrdoms like this will continue....
Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.