05/06/2013 10:58 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
‘Israel used depleted uranium shells in air strike’ – Syrian source

RT
May 6, 2013

Israel used “a new type of weapon”, a senior official at the Syrian military facility that came under attack from the Israeli Air Force told RT.

“When the explosion happened it felt like an earthquake,” said the source, who was present near the attack site on the outskirts of Damascus on Sunday morning.

“Then a giant golden mushroom of fire appeared. This tells us that Israel used depleted uranium shells.”

Depleted uranium is a by-product of the uranium enrichment process that creates nuclear weapons, and was first used by the US in the Gulf conflict of 1991. Unlike the radioactive materials used in nuclear weapons, depleted uranium is not valued for its explosiveness, but for its toughness – it is 2.5 times as dense as steel – which allows it to penetrate heavy protection.

Countries using depleted uranium weapons insist that the material is toxic, but not dangerously radioactive, as long as it remains outside the body.

The source also claims the attack – if it managed to hit the objects it targeted – served more of a political than a military purpose.

“Several civilian factories and buildings were destroyed. The target was just an ordinary weapons warehouse. The bombing is an ultimatum to us – it had no strategic motivation.”

Western intelligence sources told the media that the strikes targeted transfers of weapons from the Lebanese Hezbollah movement, which is sympathetic to the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The official who spoke to RT denies this.

“There was no valuable equipment at the site. It was all removed after a previous attack on the facility. The military losses from this are negligible.”

Report: Strike killed elite troops, hit chemical facility
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4376483,00.html

Report: Assad says another Israeli strike will declare war

By JPOST.COM STAFF
05/06/2013 11:18

Any further Israeli aggressions on Syrian territory would issue a declaration of war, Syrian President Bashar Assad said according to a source Monday in the Kuwait daily Alrai.

According to the report, Assad notified Washington via Moscow that orders had been given to allow deployed ground-to-ground and ground-to-air missile batteries to be used against Israel without advance notice in the event of another attack.

Syria: We'll 'Choose the Moment' to Hit Back
Syrian official says Damascus will respond to Israeli attacks against targets on its territory.

By Gil Ronen
5/6/2013, 1:43 PM

Damascus will respond to Israeli attacks against targets on its territory, but will "choose the moment" and may not do so immediately, a Syrian political official said on Monday.

"Syria will respond to the Israeli aggression and will choose the moment to do so," the official close to the regime, who was speaking from Damascus, told AFP in Beirut.

Syria responded earlier to the air strikes on military targets with a warning that the attack "opens the door to all possibilities."

"We will not accept to be humiliated," Syrian information minister Omran al-Zoubi said at an afternoon press conference, according to ABC News.

"We are all in a state of anger. We are abused by this attack," he added.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Israel – Syrian Conflict #156350
05/06/2013 04:36 PM
05/06/2013 04:36 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Does Syria have any allies of any significance, like Russia, or maybe China?

If no, then no problem.

If yes, then the global banksters can begin the ultimate warfare distraction from their epic criminal ventures.

This will affect us domestically...

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Israel – Syrian Conflict #156351
05/06/2013 08:58 PM
05/06/2013 08:58 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
The issue has not been so much Syrian "allies" but how their business partnerships would play things out with them as long as they are still getting paid.

The Russians will do business with the Assad regime for as long as they are getting paid.

The Iranians are likely to try and play both sides on the internal Syrian conflict, and then will more permanently ally themselves with the eventual winner. I think right now they would be functionally mostly on the side of the Assad regime, since Assad is aligned with Hezbollah which is pretty much permanently the enemy of Israel.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Israel – Syrian Conflict #156352
05/07/2013 01:12 AM
05/07/2013 01:12 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
The remaining regimes in the middle east are waking up to the fact that as a stand alone nation they are a target to the bankers and Oil merchants.
Libya had a strong central government and was a push over once they had a base in Egypt to slip in paid Al-Queida agents and establish the support bases needed for the anti-government crowds. (like Benghazi)
Syria had Iraq for a point of entry for the insurgents. Problem for the US and other banker directed governments is that Syria and Iran have wet ink mutual defense agreements with Russia dating back to the Jimmy Carter era.
Then in the last few days the UN teams who couldn't be bought off discovered and announced for their own safety that the only users of the Gas was the rebels whom the US and the Bankers are backing.
The Israel bombing I think was a hope on bad intel that there was a sufficient amount of gas in that warehouse to make who owned it unimportant. It seems it ended up like Bill Clinton's African Aspirin Factory escapade.
We are in a mull on how to get a go from the UN the Russians and Chinese won't stop.
The economies of Europe and the US need the conflict of war to take the peoples minds off their dwindling bank accounts and increased loss of freedoms.
When Syria is gone the pipeline out of Iran will be ended since we can control Jordan, and condemn and sweep up Lebanon in a day or so.
Remember when it stops making good sense follow the money.

Re: Israel – Syrian Conflict #156353
05/07/2013 02:14 AM
05/07/2013 02:14 AM
ne ohio
155 arty Offline
155 arty  Offline
ne ohio
explosive weapons do not contain depleated uranium, rt is full of shit only anti tank /armor ,depleated uranium is used in the penetrater because of its density extreamly hard and heavey in a small dart not for bombs dumbshits jjust trying to grandstand to the masses that don't know the difference.get your shit straight..not an israel fan..but the dust from a dart that hits its target is toxic i'll give you that.

molon labe

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.