01/13/2014 01:01 PM
01/13/2014 01:01 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Two former Fullerton, California police officers have been found not guilty in the beating death of of Kelly Thomas . Apparently, homelessness is worthy of the death penalty by a squad of goons with badges.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156924
01/13/2014 03:59 PM
01/13/2014 03:59 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
As is said on the TV Show "Peoples Court" don't take the law into your own hands, take them to Court.

But what if the Courts are Owned and Controlled by those who have committed the offence or crime against you.

The way I see it, if a person can not get real justice in the Governments Courts then the only way to get Justice is to seek it in the Real Peoples Court the Court, Of, For and By the People. Whether it is called a Star Chamber or Vigilante Justice or anything else the people may think to call it, it is now and maybe has always been the only True Justice at least in this World and this Life, until the scum stand before the White Throne.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156925
01/13/2014 07:50 PM
01/13/2014 07:50 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
That's really the thing, when the courts are owned and controlled by those who committed the offense, you can't win, especially once they start backing each other up just to prove the point that you are the "little man" and will get hit harder the more you resist.

There is a lot of suppressed history about the vigilante movements of the early 1990s in response to big city corruption, but these killings of "mentally disturbed individuals" are usually some sick play of the extermination of some offensive bum all put on public display. The problem being that once the dog has tasted blood... The standard drops and you hear of cases where some guy gets shot by a cop for texting during a movie...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...man-for-texting-at-florida-movie-sheriff

Our moral code and reputation for integrity is better every day due to shitheads like that, and we don't even have to tell propaganda lies to make it happen.

The general public is figuring out that we are not the ones out doing all that rape, robbery, abuse and murder of the general public, yet Morris Dees and other "civil rights leaders" are deafeningly silent in the face of daily abuses of American citizens at the hands of the unlawful combatant forces impersonating civil police.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156926
01/14/2014 10:23 AM
01/14/2014 10:23 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
I thought for sure they would convict, something in me just died when I heard this. I now believe America as a country is DEAD, she just don't know it yet, Stubborn Americans, They have not yet finished seizing and dividing the wealth yet. Judgment to follow, The Silence is deafening. Now everything seems like listening to Charly Browns teacher " Wa wa wa wa , wa wa "

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156927
01/14/2014 12:44 PM
01/14/2014 12:44 PM
Ohio
G
GreginOhio Offline
GreginOhio  Offline
G
Ohio
I first read about this verdict this morning. I have read several more reports from various sources since then.

Absolutely stunning verdict. DISGUSTING.

Not that I am all that suprised, as it sure spells out plain as day how the system is rigged against the people v police.

I am really getting tired tired of living in..."interesting times"...unless a serious change is in this country's future....

Greg
Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156928
01/15/2014 07:24 AM
01/15/2014 07:24 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Should the cops who beat Kelly Thomas to death be tried again, in federal court? Jacob Sullum says no. And as much as I would like to see those two thugs in prison, I agree.

They should, however, be tarred and feathered, kicked in the nuts repeatedly, and forced to watch every movie Richard Gere ever made.

Like most people who have watched the fatal beating of Kelly Thomas by Fullerton police officers, I was dismayed at a jury's decision to acquit two of them. Actually, dismayed does not quite cover it. Flabbergasted is more like it. It is hard for me to imagine how 12 people agreed that it was reasonable to view the appalling violence that Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli inflicted on a pleading and apologetic Thomas as legally justified. At the very least, the verdict seems to reflect a disturbing deference to police, who too often get away with actions that would be universally viewed as crimes if carried out by someone without a badge.

Then again, I did not sit through the trial. I did not hear the defense dissect the video frame by frame, arguing that at every step police responded in a way that was appropriate given their training. Something similar happened in the 1992 trial of the Los Angeles cops who beat Rodney King. What looked like an obvious case of police brutality seemed more ambiguous to the jury after it was broken into its component pieces.

In both cases, I thought the jury got it wrong. But that belief, by itself, does not justify trying the defendants again in the hope that another jury will get it right. That's what happened in the Rodney King case: Two officers who were acquitted by a state jury in 1992—an outcome that triggered riots in the streets of Los Angeles—were convicted by a federal jury in 1993. It looked a lot like a justice system capitulating to mob violence. It also looked a lot like double jeopardy, which the Fifth Amendment notionally prohibits. It supposedly was not, thanks to the "dual sovereignty" doctrine, which sanctions serial state and federal prosecutions for the same actions based on the fiction that relabeling them makes them into something new.

The understandable outrage provoked by the Kelly Thomas verdict may likewise lead to federal charges, which his family would like to see. The FBI, which has been looking into the case since 2011, says it will now examine the evidence and testimony presented at the trial before deciding whether to charge the acquitted officers with violating Thomas' civil rights. But that sort of review cannot answer the question of whether federal charges are appropriate. Instead it will reveal whether federal prosecutors might be able to obtain a conviction, which is not the same thing. In the absence of evidence that the process by which Ramos and Cicinelli were acquitted was fundamentally corrupt, such that their trial was a sham—something no one has alleged—the federal government has no business intervening.

To try Ramos and Cininelli again in anticipation of a different result is the very definition of double jeopardy, no matter what the Supreme Court says. That sort of second-guessing invites arbitrary, politically driven prosecutions that threaten the innocent as well as the guilty. If it can be wielded against brutal cops you think should have been convicted, it can be wielded against defendants whose acquittals were entirely appropriate. The safeguards that defendants enjoy under our Constitution, including the ban on double jeopardy, do not always produce just results, but they are better than the alternative.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156929
01/19/2014 05:43 AM
01/19/2014 05:43 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
You knew this was going to happen. One of the officers, Cpl. Jay Cicinelli, is suing to get his job back .

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156930
01/19/2014 07:35 AM
01/19/2014 07:35 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
The Feds have been in the double jeopardy business for a very long time. One very common tactic with them is to prosecute for a different crime but upon indictment (not even waiting for a conviction), use all past allegations against a defendant in a secret pretrial report as a mechanism for persecuting the individual in question, unless they are a cop...

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Officers Found Innocent in Death of Kelly Thomas #156931
01/23/2014 04:54 AM
01/23/2014 04:54 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Fullerton police chief Dan Hughes doesn\'t want Jay Cicinelli back. Well, that's something, I suppose.

Fullerton’s chief of police said he would fight an appeal from one of the officers acquitted in the death of Kelly Thomas to get his job back.

Jay Cicinelli was fired after being charged by Orange County prosecutors with involuntary manslaughter and excessive force in the 2011 death of the mentally ill homeless man....

Hughes said he would fight Cicinelli’s attempt to work for the Fullerton Police Department through the administrative process.

“Although a terminated employee has the opportunity to appeal his or her termination through an administrative appeal process,” Hughes said, “I intend to vigorously defend my decisions.”
Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.