03/31/2014 07:54 AM
03/31/2014 07:54 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
And living up to their reputation, the Albuquerque Police Department responded by teargassing them .

... Several hundred people marched throughout the day between downtown Albuquerque and Nob Hill.

Eastbound Central and University was shut down for several hours.

KOB Eyewitness News 4 learned law enforcement officers outfitted in riot gear were on the scene at Central and Girard.

APD, BCSO, NMSP and RRPD SWAT teams were all on the scene.

Tear gas was deployed against the protesters.

Protesters did start to scatter away from Nob Hill after the tear gas was deployed.

Protesters then began to make their way back downtown toward APD headquarters.

According to Mayor Richard Berry, one APD officer was hurt.

Berry also says he has been with APD Chief Gorden Eden since around 3:30 p.m. on Sunday and has been monitoring the situation.

People are protesting what they call APD’s excessive use of force....
The APD has been involved in over three dozen police shootings in recent years, including murdering a homeless man who was illegally camping two weeks ago.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157090
03/31/2014 08:37 AM
03/31/2014 08:37 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
http://www.nationallibertyalliance.org/

Power of the Grand Jury - In a stunning 6 to 3 decision Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority, confirmed that the American grand jury is neither part of the judicial, executive nor legislative branches of government, but instead belongs to the people. It is in effect a fourth branch of government "governed" and administered to directly by and on behalf of the American people, and its authority emanates from the Bill of Rights, see United States -v- Williams.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

"An enlightened citizenry is indispensable for the proper functioning of a republic. Self-government is not possible unless the citizens are educated sufficiently to enable them to exercise oversight. It is therefore imperative that the nation see to it that a suitable education be provided for all its citizens." Thomas Jefferson

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson -

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157091
03/31/2014 11:24 AM
03/31/2014 11:24 AM
Central VA, VIM.
H
Hailstorm Offline
Hailstorm  Offline
H
Central VA, VIM.
My Dad and I were just talking about this at great length. Some say the Common Law Grand Jury may be the last hope for real change. Others are saying 25 of the wrong type of people on a jury could be very dangerous. For example: what if a county were to have 25 Muslims forming the Jury ? Then what ?
The whole idea has off to a slow start, it will be interesting to see how it takes hold.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157092
04/03/2014 08:48 AM
04/03/2014 08:48 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
What the hell is going on in Albuquerque? This time it was a U.S. Marshal who shot an unarmed man .

WARNING: Graphic video and strong language, not safe for work.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157093
04/10/2014 07:57 AM
04/10/2014 07:57 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, what a shock. The Department of Justice has found, after an "exhaustive review," that "...there is reasonable cause to be...g the use of unreasonable deadly force."

Ya think?

...Officers use deadly force in an unconstitutional manner. Our investigation looked at officer-involved shootings that resulted in fatalities from 2009 to 2012 and found that a majority of them were unreasonable and violated the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. We found that officers used deadly force against people who did not pose an immediate threat of death or serious harm to officers or others, and against people who posed a threat only to themselves. In fact, sometimes it was the conduct of the officers themselves that heightened the danger and escalated the need to use force.

We found that officers use other types of less lethal force, especially electronic control weapons, or Tasers, in an unconstitutional manner. Our investigation looked beyond just the use of deadly force and found a significant number of improper uses of force in our review of over 200 force reports generated between 2009 and early 2013. We found that officers routinely fired their Tasers, which discharge 50,000 volts of electricity, against people who were passively resisting and non-threatening or who were unable to comply with orders due to their mental state. Indeed, we found that encounters between police officers and persons with mental illness or in crisis too frequently resulted in a use of force or a higher level of force than necessary....
Isn't there some sort of, you know, LAW that would cover this kind of behavior?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157094
05/07/2014 06:20 AM
05/07/2014 06:20 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Protesters take over Albuquerque city council meeting, try to arrest Albuquerque police chief.

Protesters took over Monday’s Albuquerque City Council meeting.

Chants led city councilors to call a recess at about 6:15 p.m.

Those involved wanted a recall election for Mayor Richard Berry. They also said Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden should be fired.

One of the chants was: "This is no longer your meeting!"

At about 6:30 p.m. the meeting was adjourned.

"There has not been democracy in this city," said a resident at the meeting.

A "People's Assembly of Albuquerque" passed three resolutions while in the chambers. One was no confidence votes against Berry, Rob Perry and for an immediate resignation of Eden. Another was to have lapel cameras worn by Albuquerque police officers at all times when encountering civilians. Another was the implementation of an independent civilian oversight committee with the powers to discipline, hire and fire any officers....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157095
05/07/2014 06:29 AM
05/07/2014 06:29 AM
UP Michigan
P
pcosmar Offline
pcosmar  Offline
P
UP Michigan
People there are rightfully pissed off.

Unfortunately,, they did not come armed to enforce their will.

Until they do they will be ignored. (and they were)

Friend of the Militia (UnArmed/Infringed)
I hope I can help, my country and my countrymen.
Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157096
05/07/2014 10:07 AM
05/07/2014 10:07 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
There was apparently one relatively recent incident that looks like someone took the matter into their own hands, but there is very little background information on that one

Christopher Chase, dressed in camo, used an AK 47 went on an attack that seemed to specifically target police. A fair amount of it got on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXNSNNcP3y8

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/who-was-shooting-suspect-christopher-chase/22661012

Police are being very very tight lipped about the "motivations" in the case, but apparently it had something to do with Chase being accused of something he did not do.

I see the rationality of it, as it is usually good cause to fuck up a few pigs when they decide to tell you they are going to file false felony charges on you and lie about it and make you do a bunch of prison time anyway.

Notice now that when they have a few people put on disability and shot up police cars, they don't want to talk about what set the guy off. They know they were playing games with people but apparently they fucked with the wrong guy.

My guess is when you combine this with other information coming out of New Mexico, they got problems there, accross the board and not particularly tied to any specific spot in the political spectrum. I suspect that is what has the feds looking into what is making Albuquerque such a hotspot right now, but if they are looking into it, they are suppressing information about this thing with Christopher Chase.

For the record, the name is not familiar to me either, I don't know the guy, but I am curious why there is so little information out there about him or what set that off.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157097
05/08/2014 07:31 AM
05/08/2014 07:31 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Yes Breacher we have a large amount of problems coming to a head here in New Mexico..I have many different things being said about Chase..

1. He was a patriot/militia man...Well I haven't been able to link him with any group I know..

2. He was OWS... Not able to find any link there either.

3. Was part of a group who were tired of all the police shootings..May be true but I can't confirm anyone who will admit knowledge of his involvement in their group..

The meeting yesterday was load and vocal...but unable to get any reaction other than contempt from the city counsel..

People are arming themselves and we have had 5 more shootings since the Justice department findings...Nothing has or will change..

I expect to see a complete blow up in the next couple months..as it gets hotter...so are the people....

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157098
05/08/2014 07:37 AM
05/08/2014 07:37 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I honestly don't remember hearing of Christopher Chase until Breacher brought up his case. But there have been so many police shootings in Albuquerque that it's difficult to keep track of them all.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Albuquerque Citizens Protest Police Brutality #157099
06/02/2014 05:15 AM
06/02/2014 05:15 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Albuquerque police have killed again , this time a 19-year-old girl. Police say she pulled a gun on them, but the officer's body cam video is mysteriously missing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.