07/02/2014 06:04 AM
07/02/2014 06:04 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
And it was my congressman, R...n Housing at Ft. Sill, in our own state. No matter how you feel about "illegal" immigration (I'm an open borders kind of guy, while Rep. Bridenstine and just about everyone else is not), this is awfully darn suspicious.

Jul 2, 2014
Press Release
Washington, DC, July 2, 2014 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Congressman Jim Bridenstine (OK) was denied access yesterday to the HHS facility at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma currently housing up to 1,200 unaccompanied alien children (UAC) who illegally crossed the southern border into the United States.

Congressman Bridenstine said, “There is no excuse for denying a Federal Representative from Oklahoma access to a federal facility in Oklahoma where unaccompanied children are being held. Any Member of Congress should have the legal authority to visit a federal youth detention facility without waiting three weeks."

The Health and Human Services (HHS) official who appears to be in charge of the facility told Congressman Bridenstine he could schedule an appointment for July 21. HHS Deputy Director of the Office of Public Affairs, Ken Wolfe, would not take the Congressman's phone call. The Congressman was told to send Mr. Wolfe an email as that was the preferred method of communication. Congressman Bridenstine's email to Mr. Wolfe included this press release.

“After my visit today with the base commander, I approached the barracks where the children are housed. A new fence has been erected by HHS, completely surrounding the barracks and covered with material to totally obscure the view. Every gate is chained closed.

“I approached a security guard and asked to speak with the manager of the facility. The guard called his supervisor who said no visitors were allowed. I asked if they were aware that I am a Member of Congress. Eventually the manager came out and said that I would have to go through HHS legislative affairs and that the first chance to visit would be July 21st.

“What are they trying to hide? Do they not want the children to speak with Members of Congress? As a Navy pilot, I have been involved in operations countering illicit human trafficking. I would like to know to whom these children are being released."

Ft. Sill is one of three facilities in the U.S. currently housing the unaccompanied alien children. The Administration policy is that after they are apprehended on the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the children are transferred to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for transport, and then placed in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) until released to a so-called “sponsor” in the U.S.

[Linked Image]

Congressman Jim Bridenstine (OK-1) trying to gain access to HHS housing facility for Unaccompanied Alien Children at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. July 1, 2014.

Sheryl Kaufman, Communications Director
Phone: 202-225-2211
Email Address: Sheryl.Kaufman@mail.house.gov
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157480
07/02/2014 06:31 AM
07/02/2014 06:31 AM
OH.
D Offline
D  Offline
OH.
Airforce, I tried to P.M. this but there was an error, so I am wondering why you are for open borders? I mean no dis-respect sir, it's more of an inquiring mind wants to know.

D
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157481
07/02/2014 07:01 AM
07/02/2014 07:01 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I got your PM, but I also got an error message when I tried to reply to it. Our software can be pretty clunky sometimes. So, here's my answer:

The short answer is, because I'm a free market anarchist. I consider the freedom to travel a human right, not some right "granted" to us by a piece of paper.

A longer answer is, if we didn't want these people to come here, we shouldn't be effectively forcing them to come. Our War on Drugs makes it unsafe for them to stay where they're at, our welfare state pays them to come here, and our minimum wage laws force employers to hire them before they hire American teenagers.

A vibrant economy needs low-wage workers. When I was a kid back in the stone age, a lot of my friends got after-school jobs pumping gas and checking the oil for customers at gas stations. Still others got jobs bagging groceries, put the groceries into the cart, and then not only pushing the cart out to the customer's car or truck, but loading the groceries for the customer.

When was the last time you saw somebody do all that for you?

Those jobs are gone forever. So are jobs in textiles, in electronics manufacturing, everywhere. Corporate taxes are too high, minimum wage laws price U.S. manufacturers out of the market, and teenagers can't get jobs.

People say that "illegal" immigrants don't pay taxes. Well, of course they do. Even if they're paid in cash off the books, they still must pay sales taxes and excise taxes on everything they buy, and property taxes in their rent. Cities and states are broke already; take away these taxes, and even more of them will be declaring bankruptcy.

You don't see too many grocery stores, movie theaters, or any other businesses turning away "illegal" aliens, do you? Of course not. They depend on "illegal" aliens, too.

If you want to limit the number of Mexicans, Guatemalans, and Hondurans from crossing our borders, then building 50-foot fences or putting armies on the border isn't going to do it. Stop making laws that force them to come here, and force employers to "illegally" hire them.

And finally, if you disagree with me, don't worry. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here with this opinion.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157482
07/02/2014 08:15 AM
07/02/2014 08:15 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Who is to blame for all the children crossing our border? According to a new poll, 59% of Americans blame President Obama . Another 65% blame him for the lost IRS emails, and 56% blame him for the mess in Iraq.

And in another poll, most now say that Obama has eclipsed both George Bush and Jimmy Carter as the worst President since WWII.

The public largely blames President Obama for the flood of children who have poured over the border in recent weeks, creating a growing humanitarian crisis, according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll released Monday.

The late June survey found that the public largely blames Obama policies for the crisis in Iraq and believes the lost IRS emails are an administration effort to cover up wrongdoing at the agency.

The poll found that 59% of those closely following the immigration crisis agree that "current administration policies and lack of focus on securing the border" are behind the human tide of illegal crossings. Six in 10 say that the children should be ordered to leave the country. (The survey found that 73% of Americans are following this story closely.)

Hoping to quell public outrage, Obama formally asked Congress on Monday for $2 billion in emergency funds to improve border security, provide more detention space and return children to their native countries.

He also promised to take executive action on immigration reform, blaming House Republicans for not passing legislation. He directed staff to recommend initiatives this summer that he can act on "without delay." (...)
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157483
07/02/2014 09:02 AM
07/02/2014 09:02 AM
washington
mak9030mag Offline
mak9030mag  Offline
washington
Funny how people ask why they come. Simple make to the us and you will be given free food shelter medical. Even though there are laws that forbid this. Just like the constitution it is only enforced when it is in the best interest of the system.
Welcome to Amerikia.

Mak
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157484
07/02/2014 09:49 AM
07/02/2014 09:49 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
It's not enforced because it's impossible to enforce. In part because it's physically impossible to enforce, and in part because no one really wants to enforce it. For what it's worth, the Obama administration in five years deported more "illegal" aliens that the Bush administration did in eight. You really can't blame the Obama administration for not enforcing the law. He's doing a better job of it than Clinton or Bush did.

I love how both parties are demanding that "something be done" about immigration. Well, end the War on Drugs, dismantle the welfare state, and abolish minimum wage laws. It's that simple.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157485
07/02/2014 01:23 PM
07/02/2014 01:23 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here is Rep. Bridenstine with Greta van Susteren , talking about his experience at Ft. Sill. About four minutes.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157486
07/02/2014 04:57 PM
07/02/2014 04:57 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
So.... We catch these illegal children at/near the border. We process them, and send them (at tax payer expense) to their "sponsor" who may or may not also themselves be illegal????

Is it just me or is this insane?

It sounds like a report you would hear on April 1st...

It should go like this... Catch them at/near the border. Process them. Take detailed finger prints. Deport them home. Send papers with them saying if they want to immigrate.... THESE are the steps. Paper also states that if they are ever caught in the US illegally, they will be banned from even visiting for life!

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157487
07/02/2014 07:56 PM
07/02/2014 07:56 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
At T+5 minutes of me getting authorization from a congressman and a signature confirmation from a judge authorizing entry and inspection of the facility that security guard and his boss would be either face down wearing zip ties or face down in a pool of blood (their choice) and me and the Congressman would be checking the place out at our leisure.

Once the kids are here, we are stuck with them, that's that, for better or for worse, but it looks to me like there are some immediate concerns regarding how they are treated in the facility. Such facilities should be as open to outside inspection as any other public facility.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157488
07/03/2014 01:53 AM
07/03/2014 01:53 AM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
Why are we stuck with them? I was unaware of an actual law (not counting Obama's imperial dictates) stating that there was an open unrestricted border for those under 18).

This makes me sick.

I want my country back!

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157489
07/03/2014 08:11 PM
07/03/2014 08:11 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
It is in tons of case law involving unaccompanied minors. There is actually no new law on this, just someone figured how to connect dots on existing law.

This was going on with a lot of European Jews leading up to WW2, Nazis were not strong on interrogating children to determine ethnicity, and my grandmother had been able to travel as a teenager through Nazi Germany, neither were US Authorities or neutral country authorities, so the cheapest way to get someone in a family rescued or out of a conflict zone was to send the kids on their own, and most civilized countries maintain that unaccompanied children go into the foster care /orphanage system. Nobody does organized infanticide and if a country ejects unaccompanied children and refuses care, it is seen as heartless and barbaric. The US State Department would never live it down in the eyes of the Europeans, or any civilized country.

The Irish were known for this in a few immigration waves, buying passage for children to get them out of the UK where their expected lot in life was to beg, someone would scrape passage for them to get on a Steamer, with the hopes that whatever life they had in America was going to be better odds than in Ireland during the potato famine. Quite often a 13-15 year old looking after younger siblings.

Individually, shit comes down on municipal agencies even if someone figures out unaccompanied minors are begging on the street, and if some law enforcement organization were to come down hard on someone helping children like that, the Vatican would roll down on them so hard, it would not be pretty.

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157490
07/09/2014 12:31 PM
07/09/2014 12:31 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Rep. Bridenstine has been offered a "tour" of the unaccompanied children facility at Ft. Sill, with these rules:

1. No pictures.
3. No questions.
2. No talking to the staff.
3. No talking to the children.
4. If you want pictures, HHS will provide them.

You can't make this stuff up.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157491
07/09/2014 05:37 PM
07/09/2014 05:37 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
This is too bizarre! They can make these statements with no fear of repercussions... Doesn't congress control anything? Cut the executive branch's funds till demands are met!

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157492
07/11/2014 11:52 AM
07/11/2014 11:52 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Rep. Bridenstine will tour the facility tomorrow. Here is the letter he sent to HHS detailing who he expects to have access to, and direct questions to, at the facility.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157493
07/12/2014 10:41 AM
07/12/2014 10:41 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Rep Bridenstine has now toured the facility , and is satisfied with the "transparency."

First District Rep. Jim Bridenstine toured the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services juvenile facility at Fort Sill on Saturday, less than two weeks after first being denied entry.

Bridenstine said he was satisfied with the transparency on this tour, but his mission is to secure the border from undocumented immigrants and put an end to human trafficking, an activity he said is encouraged by current policies.

"My opinion is we should reunite them with their families in their home countries," Bridenstine said. "The workers there are taking good care of the children. Ultimately, my objective is to solve this problem because there is human suffering underway."

The facility houses about 1,200 unaccompanied minors detained by immigration officials. Because the minors are not from Mexico or Canada, they are subject to a 2008 law that requires they be turned over to HHS until their status can be determined.

The law’s original purpose was deterring human trafficking....
He has not responded to any of my entreaties, to just let the children go. We've been destroying Latin American society for forty years in the name of the "War on Drugs," so it seems more than a little hypocritical to accuse these children of threatening OUR sovereignty.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157494
07/13/2014 04:13 AM
07/13/2014 04:13 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
We stand on two different opinions here as I am still not an economic anarchist. We are under invasion, pure can simple. An army can wage war with guns or through economics. If you think further about it, this is pure Cloward-Pivens.

In the past few years, the number of illegals coming here represents roughly 25% of our army and exceeds the number of actual combat troops. At 20-30 million illegal aliens in the US, the number exceeds our military and civilian police by more than 20X. If SHTF, which side will these people take?

I neither condone the formation of refugee camps nor setting people free on their own cognances as they criminally trespassed and violated US borders.

These migrants should have been turned around and sent back to Mexico and their countries of origination. I don't care about the 2008 law. Who the heck ran congress at that time? Our immigration laws require identification, clean health records, and financial security to immigrate here. Why should current citizens pay for the economic benefits of those that want to come here illegally? Loss of jobs and lower income due to excess labor is a economic burden without handouts. As an adolescent, I had no trouble performing the jobs that supposedly nobody wants today.

We are a sovereign country with defined borders and immigration laws. Those that come to our country without respect for our laws should be either turned around and sent home immediately or imprisoned. I have no problem using outdoor camps (plus courts) like Sheriff Arpaio's in Phoenix. This should not be a happy place.

I believe in charity but I don't believe in government sponsored welfare or charity. Once you start handing out goodies to some and not all, the rest start asking why not me? You can hear it in the arguments today where a man complains that illegals get free healthcare but his kids don't. Darn slippery slope.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157495
07/13/2014 08:40 AM
07/13/2014 08:40 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Archangel1:
We stand on two different opinions here as I am still not an economic anarchist.
I'm the one who's out of step with everyone else. But if we want other people to respect our sovereignty and our borders, then we probably shouldn't be messing around in the internal affairs of every other country in the hemisphere. But that's just my opinion, and it's a lonely one sometimes. wink

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157496
07/13/2014 11:18 AM
07/13/2014 11:18 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Congressman Briedenstine\'s comments after touring the UAC facility at Fort Sill

Jul 12, 2014
Press Release
Washington, DC, July 12, 2014 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Today Congressman Jim Bridenstine (OK-1) toured the HHS facility housing Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. U.S. Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-7) joined him on the tour. The Congressman sought to gain an understanding of the conditions and status of the UAC and the processes and procedures federal agencies use in securing their safety and releasing them to sponsors in the U.S. He also sought to gain insight into actions Congress might take to stop the humanitarian crisis and the threat to U.S. national security and national sovereignty posed by the current crisis.

Congressman Bridenstine said, “This is a very difficult situation, and I am impressed with the professionalism and compassion of the people who work at the HHS facility as well as the Lawton/Ft. Sill community.

“My concerns were validated regarding the dangers of the journey to the U.S. The children are exposed to human trafficking, abuse and even death. My concerns about the ‘sponsors’ to whom the children are being released were also validated. Since it is very difficult to obtain an accurate background check when the potential sponsors are themselves illegal aliens, HHS personnel rely heavily on asking them questions and the sponsors’ self-reporting. There are cases where the sponsors are not related to the child, and HHS has acknowledged human traffickers have attempted to obtain release of some children.”

Bridenstine said the people at the HHS facility at Ft. Sill do not have all the answers to his questions. He is providing Kenneth Wolfe, Deputy Director of Public Affairs at HHS, with the list of questions and requesting a response. The list of questions and the request to HHS is attached.

Bridenstine added, “This crisis is directly related to this Administration’s failed policies and refusal to enforce the law. The President’s $3.7 billion spending proposal will not stop the crisis. Solving this is a matter of national security and national sovereignty. We must secure the border and dissuade people from making, or sending their children on, this dangerous journey. Hiring smugglers and trans-national criminal organizations to bring children into the United States creates a far more dangerous scenario than what the UACs face at home.”

-- 30 --
I'll refrain from commenting. My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157497
08/24/2014 04:04 PM
08/24/2014 04:04 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yep, it is now leaking out from several sources. They got wind that the latest from the Islamo/facists and their secretive Dajjal leadership in the Arabian peninsula is that funding was handed over for a mass operation of "Ebola Martyrs" which would match a program they did with Boko Haram, using infected children to spread desease in targeted areas.

The idea is that the children will infect other children, who will in turn infect parents at home. That destroys a generation of the targeted population.

So, if the immigration is stopped cold, the disease spreads in Mexico where their plutocrats would of course protect themselves but refuse to handle it and let 2/3 of their population die, many of whom would pour over the borders for help, but then get massacred by the military response, causing war with America.

If the kids are picked up and put into secret quarantine, then maybe the disease contained long enough to come up with vaccines or cures. Hence, once it got explained to the congressman, he changed his tune entirely.

This one is scary folks, but not for reasons we have been led to think. This would have to involve investigation on a massive but discreet scale. The game now, is to try and find, contain and eliminate safe-houses in Latin America or the Caribbean where the children are purposefully infected with the virus and probably trained in some way before being turned loose. They may have been trained to lie, make friends, and then use their blood to infect others.

If the Jihadi scientists came up with a form of the disease which remains dormant but infectious for a while, then that's it, and we are seriously fucked.

I see how this is all going to go too. Someone will figure out this shit all came from some obscure branch of the Saudi ruling families, seize their assets, blame them entirely, and then they go running to the Saudi government for help. The Saudi Government flips on us, joins up with Iran, and then hits NYC with a nuclear attack. They lack the accuracy to hit the city, but there was some other indication that they could hit the ocean with a nuke far enough out to sea not to be intercepted, and then the radioactive tidal wave is what hits the city. Even if they can reduce the drowning deaths and such, you are talking radioactive seawater, and the source of the attack ambiguous enough that it would have the conspiracy theorists going for decades while the perpetrators could still deny doing it.

Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157498
08/24/2014 04:17 PM
08/24/2014 04:17 PM
6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
D
Deactivated Offline
Officer Contributor
Deactivated  Offline
Officer Contributor
D
6437 457n 64357n5u 79i 57
Saudis have never been our friends. And never will.

erwy 436 t7u65478u4we6bhp8u5ureuet45ujdb4tyu57uwetr6ukuilkr
Re: Congressman Denied Access to "Illegal" Alien Children #157499
08/24/2014 06:07 PM
08/24/2014 06:07 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I do believe that Biowarfare is coming to the US from anti-Americans, whoever they may be. I am not sure that Ebola is the best agent but a possible agent. I don't think that we needed to bring Ebola patients to the US but I was wrong with how quickly they responded to therapy.

I do believe that Ebola will be used around the world as an agent. The projected cure of 2 Americans suggests that Ebola is not the killer that is of the greatest concern. I am more worried about airborne viruses like SARS and the 1917 Spanish Flu. SARS burned itself out via quarantine, otherwise it could have been a pandemic.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.