New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157502
07/09/2014 01:48 AM
07/09/2014 01:48 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City

Unbeknownst to most Americans, a new trial to determine the fate of video footage recorded by security cameras in downtown Oklahoma City prior to 9:02 a.m. April 19, 1995, is set to begin July 28 in federal court in Salt Lake City. Why a new trial? Because FBI officials have, for more than five years, refused to hand over copies of that footage, and a federal judge seems to have a problem with that.

OKC_BombingThe plaintiff in the case, Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue, hopes the trial before Judge Clark Waddoups in the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, Central Division, will resolve his long-running legal battle with the FBI over the videotape footage he believes will help him unravel the mystery surrounding the death of his brother, Kenneth Trentadue, while also shedding light on the identity of the man referred to as “John Doe #2″ during the chaotic days following the bombing. Kenneth Trentadue died under suspicious circumstances while in custody at the U.S. Bureau of Prisons Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City several months after the horrific events unfurled in in downtown Oklahoma City.

Read the rest here> http://www.bobmccarty.com/oklahoma-...-set-to-begin-july-28-in-salt-lake-city/

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157503
07/09/2014 07:15 PM
07/09/2014 07:15 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
God Bless Jesse Trentadue for his tireless pursuit, and may the truth be made known to the world.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157504
07/13/2014 05:57 PM
07/13/2014 05:57 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Utah attorney wants OKC surveillance video released.

Nearly 20 years after the Oklahoma City bombing, a new federal trial is taking place to determine if surveillance video taken from around the Murrah building from that day will be revealed.

For years, Utah attorney, Jesse Trentadue, has been fighting for information about his brother's suspicious death.

He hopes this lawsuit will get to the bottom of what really happened that tragic day.

If there is never-before-seen surveillance video of the Oklahoma City bombing, Jesse Trentadue is working to get it.

In his latest lawsuit, Trentadue is requesting copies of the videotapes from more than 20 surveillance cameras surrounding the Murrah Federal Building, before the truck bomb went off that killed 168 people.

In an email, Trentadue sent News9 several documents, that he said he plans to use in federal court. It revealed an attorney representing an FBI agent, offered to sell a copy of the bombing surveillance footage for over $1 million dollars to an NBC Dateline producer.

Trentadue didn't want to speak before the trial, but News9 talked to local attorney David Slane to get his take.

"Here we are almost 20 years later after the Murrah bombing and we still haven't turned these over, and I think this is what leads to the conspiracy theories, I think that if the government has the tapes, and a judge says turn them over, I think that it might answer things once and for all," Slane said.

After Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were named suspects in the bombing, Trentadue's brother Kenneth met the description of a third possible accomplice.

He was found hanged inside an OKC federal detention center in 1995. Trentadue's family believes he was murdered because he was mistakenly identified as a co-conspirator.

"It may bring in some new light, but it's most likely going to raise more and more questions if we get the tapes,” Slane said. “I think people need some closure to all this and not let it become the next John Kennedy assassination of trying to find a second shooter, Oklahomans deserve to know the answers.”

The FBI has previously stated there are no records of unreleased security recordings.

The trial is set to begin on July 28 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah in Salt Lake City.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157505
07/28/2014 01:57 AM
07/28/2014 01:57 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Outrageous coverup of 1995 OKC bombing continues

Jon Rappoport
Prison Planet.com
July 28, 2014

Utah attorney Jesse Trentadue claims his brother, Kenneth, was killed during interrogation, in federal custody 19 years ago, because Kenneth resembled the “other suspect” in the OKC Bombing case, John Doe #2.

The FBI claims Kenneth, with “41 wounds and bruises (according to AP),” committed suicide.

Attorney Trentadue states there was another man with Tim McVeigh at the scene of the Bombing on April 19, 1995—and it wasn’t his brother.

The FBI claims McVeigh was alone.

To settle this issue, in 2009, as AP reported, the FBI finally gave Trentadue some security tapes from buildings near the Murrah Federal Building. Magically, the tapes were all blank just before and after the Murrah Building was blown up at 9:02AM on 4/15/95.

Now, Trentadue has filed a FOIA suit against the FBI. He wants more tapes. A trial begins Monday.

The FBI claims it can’t find more tapes.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Everybody connected to the OKC bombing case knows there is another reason the FBI is tap dancing and lying:

Actual video footage of the Murrah Building falling would show the fabled truck bomb didn’t cause the damage to the Building and didn’t kill 168 people inside.

Video footage would show a straight-down demolition-type collapse. Meaning: charges placed on the columns did the true damage.

In 1995, while investigating the Bombing, I interviewed 4 explosives experts, and they concurred that the force of an ANFO truck bomb would have dissipated rapidly in the open air and failed to create so much destruction.

More importantly and specifically, the profile of the damage (which columns remained, and which fell) excluded the possibility that a bomb in a truck was the weapon.

Some columns closer to the famed Ryder truck stayed up; other columns farther away went down.

Shortly after the Bombing in 1995, I spoke to a reporter at the Daily Oklahoman. She said she’d interviewed a man who’d seen the Murrah Building collapse. He told her it went straight down, demolition-style.

I managed to reach this witness. He said he didn’t really see the Building go down.

I got back to the reporter. She was furious. She told me she had his statement in her notes. “I’m not making this up,” she said.

I also interviewed Hoppy Heidelberg, a grand juror in the OKC Bombing case. He told me he’d tried to persuade the prosecutor to call bomb experts as witnesses, but he was flatly turned down.

In 1995, anti-federal-government sentiment was rapidly spreading across America. Then, in the wake of the Bombing, President Bill Clinton gave a landmark speech. He basically told Americans they should come home to the government, the destruction of a federal building and the killing of 168 people was a heinous act that proved the real attitude of these “anti-government” groups. But security would be restored.

The speech was heralded as a “return to order and confidence.” Major media coverage of popular opposition to federal power receded.

From 1995 on, Americans who asserted federal power had expanded far beyond Constitutional boundaries have been labeled as potential terrorists.

9/11 took that accusation to a whole new level:

“The central government is always right. Those who say it’s fundamentally wrong are dangerous and/or mentally ill.”

This post originally appeared at www.nomorefakenews.com

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157506
08/01/2014 01:51 AM
08/01/2014 01:51 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Lawyer says FBI threatened witness in OKC bombing records trial

Agency denies claim, says search failed to turn up blast videotape.

By pamela manson

The Salt Lake Tribune
Published: July 31, 2014

Jesse Trentadue, a Salt Lake City attorney, is shown in his office with a picture of his brother, Kenneth. Kenneth Trentadue was found hanging from a noose made of torn bed sheets in a federal prison cell on Aug. 21, 1995. The death was ruled a suicide, but Jesse Trentadue believes his brother was killed after being mistaken for an Oklahoma City bombing conspirator. Tim Kelly

A Salt Lake City lawyer suing the federal government for records in the Oklahoma City bombing case alleged Thursday that an FBI agent threatened one of his witnesses to keep him from testifying at trial.

Attorney Jesse Trentadue said the Salt Lake City-based FBI agent had contacted John Matthews, who he described as a former undercover operative for the government, and suggested that it would be “best for everyone if [Matthews] didn’t show up to testify.”

The agent also suggested that Matthews take a vacation and said that if he did testify, “he should have a case of the ‘I-don’t-remembers,’ ” Trentadue told U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups.

Lawyers for the FBI denied the claim and said Matthews had called the agency asking how he could get out of testifying. The agent told Matthews that he should obey a valid subpoena, Department of Justice attorney Kathryn Wyer said.

But Trentadue countered that Matthews was testifying voluntarily and had been contacted repeatedly by the FBI. He said Matthews was going to testify about PATCON, an operation that targeted the militia movement in the 1990s.

Trentadue on Tuesday first informed Waddoups that he had learned Matthews was backing out of testifying after talking to government officials, and the judge had told the DOJ attorneys to look into the matter. After hearing further details about the claim on Thursday, Waddoups scheduled a hearing next month on the matter.

The allegation was raised on the last day of a four-day trial on Trentadue’s lawsuit, which claims the FBI failed to do an adequate search for bombing videotapes and documents that he requested under the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Waddoups has taken the case under consideration and will issue a ruling later.

Among the records that Trentadue is seeking is footage he believes shows two men exiting a Ryder truck parked in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and the detonation of explosives in the vehicle.

In addition, he wants surveillance tapes taken on the morning of the explosion from cameras in downtown locations and the original dashboard camera videotape of Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Charlie Hanger arresting bomber Timothy McVeigh. The arrest tape he received was edited and does not show McVeigh, Trentadue says.

Trentadue is asking for an order allowing him to search for tapes and documents at FBI locations, including field offices in Oklahoma City and Los Angeles, and requiring the bureau to produce the records he requested.

The FBI says it spent weeks searching its massive bombing investigation archive and that it has no tape of the explosion or the other requested materials.

Trentadue believes the records will provide information about his brother’s death in a federal prison in Oklahoma City a few months after the April 19, 1995, bombing that killed 168 people. The death of Kenneth Trentadue was ruled a suicide but his family believes he was mistaken for a bombing conspirator and killed in an interrogation that got out of hand. Federal officials deny the allegation.

To support his claim that the requested records exist, Trentadue has submitted government documents and news reports that refer to tapes or photographs. They include an FBI report that a source said an attorney purporting to represent an FBI agent had tried to sell a tape that shows a Ryder truck pulling up at the Murrah Building and two men, one of whom resembles McVeigh, getting out of the vehicle.

Also among the documentation submitted by Trentadue is another FBI report that says a camera inside the Regency Tower Apartments a block from the Murrah Building had picked up images of a Ryder truck at about 5:57 a.m. the day of the bombing and again at 8:57 a.m., a few minutes before the blast. Trentadue has a copy of the later video but it does not show the truck’s driver, he said.

On Thursday, Stephen Brannan, a retired FBI agent, testified he had investigated the tape sale report and determined it was a hoax. He said “that video did not exist.”

In other testimony Thursday:

• Three other former FBI agents said they had reviewed tapes gathered from locations around the Murrah Building and none showed the detonation.

• Richard E. Williams, a former Murrah Building manager, said surveillance cameras there had been phased out several years before the bombing. The cameras had been left up as a deterrent, he said.

• Hanger, now Noble County, Okla., sheriff, said he did not turn on his dashboard camera until after he arrested McVeigh because he didn’t feel it was necessary for a simple traffic stop.

pmanson@sltrib.com Twitter: PamelaMansonSLC

Re: New OKC Bombing Trial Set to Begin July 28 in Salt Lake City #157507
08/02/2014 02:52 AM
08/02/2014 02:52 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The FBI capped off its attempt to persuade a federal judge that it is not hiding unreleased surveillance videos from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing by bringing witnesses Thursday who testified that there have never been any security-camera videos of the bomb going off.

The four-day trial to determine if the FBI has done an adequate search for additional videos came to a close Thursday in Salt Lake City without a ruling from U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups. He instead requested final court briefs to be submitted in the next three months summarizing arguments from both sides: FBI attorneys and Jesse Trentadue, the Utah man who filed the Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the federal agency.

A ruling is likely months away in a case that reignited questions about whether others were involved in a bombing that killed 168 people.

Trentadue said after the trial that he still thinks there is a video showing Timothy McVeigh was not alone in detonating the bomb. He believes the presence of a second suspect explains why his brother, who resembled a police sketch of a suspect, was flown to Oklahoma months after the bombing. His brother died in a federal holding cell.

"They brought people with no firsthand knowledge," Trentadue said. "I think they searched out the people who would fit their story."

Trentadue said he believes the tape would show the second person was a government informant who failed to prevent the bombing from happening.

Attorneys for the FBI declined comment after trial.

As the trial came to a close, Waddoups ordered an FBI agent to court in late August to respond to allegations that he tampered with a witness who backed out of testifying in the trial.

Earlier this week, Trentadue told Waddoups that former government operative John Matthews decided not to testify after the FBI agent contacted him and told him it would be in the best interests of everybody if he didn't testify.

"He was told he should take a vacation and that if he did testify he should suffer from a case of the 'I don't remembers,' " Trentadue said.

Waddoups ordered the federal attorneys to look into it. On Thursday, Department of Justice attorney Kathryn Wyer said the FBI in Utah told her that Matthews reached out to the agency to ask how he could get out of testifying. Wyer called Trentadue's version of events "another wild theory" that is inaccurate.

But Waddoups said the allegation merits more attention, and he set a court date of Aug. 25 for the agent to testify.

"We can't just leave this where it is," Waddoups said. "It's too serious of an allegation. We need to get to the bottom of this."

Matthews was set to testify about his involvement in a stealth government operation before the Oklahoma City bombing tracking militia movements of which McVeigh was a part of, Trentadue said.

On Thursday during the trial, the FBI brought five former federal employees to the stand to explain why no videos were taken of when the bomb exploded about 9 a.m. April 19, 1995.

"There was no such film," said former FBI agent Jon Hersley, one of the lead agents on the bombing investigation who reviewed mountains of evidence.

Richard Williams, then the General Services Administration assistant manager of the building, said outside surveillance cameras pointing at where the bomb was detonated had not been operational for at least two year before the bombing.

Hersley and two other former FBI agents said the only video showing the Ryder truck McVeigh used to house the bomb before it went off was taken about six minutes before the bombing by a surveillance camera on an apartment building one block from the federal building. That video was really just made up of time-lapse images, Hersley said.

Retired FBI agent Stephen Brannan said he investigated allegations that two FBI agents tried to sell surveillance videos showing the bombing to a network TV news station for $1 million and determined it was a hoax. Brannan said agents in Oklahoma told him unequivocally that there were no videos showing McVeigh arriving to the building in a Ryder truck or getting out.

The case reached trial because Waddoups was unsatisfied by the FBI's previous explanations. The judge also cited the public importance of the tapes. The FBI has given Trentadue 30 video recordings, but none shows the explosion or McVeigh's arrival in the truck.

Trentadue's belief that the tape exists stems from a Secret Service document written after the bombing that describes security footage of the attack that shows suspects exiting the truck three minutes before the bomb detonated. A Secret Service agent testified in 2004 that the log does, in fact, exist but that the government knows of no videotape.

___

Follow Brady McCombs at https://twitter.com/BradyMcCombs

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.